Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Like the Clouds, Like the Wind ❯ Kakashi's Test ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ch. 2- Kakashi's Test


"Are you Sorano Tori?"

The said girl turned around from her bowl of ramen (somehow Naruto had managed to convince her) and surveyed the man in front of her.

Wild silver colored hair and a mask were the first things that stood out to her. He was definitely a Jounin, judging by his vest. His forehead protector hid his left eye, leaving only the upper-right part of his face exposed.

"Hey sensei! Ano, what are you doing here?" said Naruto happily.

The man smiled at the blonde. "Hello Naruto. I'm here to take Tori to her apartment." Tori gasped. They were letting her stay!! He turned his right eye on the girl. "You are Tori, right?"

She nodded gleefully. "That's me. And you are....?" Tori cocked an eyebrow at him, waiting for his name.

The guy gave her a peace sign. "Hatake Kakashi. I'm Naruto's sensei, along with two others." Kakashi motioned her to follow. "Tsunade told me to show you where you'll stay. You can come too, Naruto." He added.

"Yoshi!" Naruto slurped up the last of his noodles and paid the bill.

Kakashi talked with her, asking about her training and about Kumo while Naruto walked behind of them with his hands clasped behind his head.

"Here we go." Kakashi guestered at a door.

Naruto finally entered the hallway and flipped out when he saw Kakashi unlocking his apartment. "NAA NAA, KAKASHI-SENSEI!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" He wailed, running over pathetically.

"Tori will share your apartment, Naruto." There was a glimmer of mischief in his visible eye.

"Really?" asked Tori, looking quite shocked. She turned her gaze to Naruto, who was wearing her same expression.

Kakashi pushed the door open, revealing Naruto's messy apartment. "That's what Tsunade-sama said."

"That old hag," mumbled Naruto, ambling inside.

"Hey Naruto..." Tori winked at Kakashi. "Did you know I can make really good ramen?" Truth be told, she had taken a liking to Naruto and didn't mind living with him.

"Ahh, really?! SHE'S STAYING!!"

His sensei laughed. "Well, I'll be off. Meet me at the training grounds in two hours. Naruto can show you how to get there," he said. He gave a little wave before disappearing in a puff of smoke.

Tori smiled, ruffling the blonde's hair and heading in after him.

**

Kakashi waited patiently at the hero monument. Normally, he wouldn't show up so early. But Tsunade had pressed him to test her so much that he decided a few bonks on the head wouldn't be worth showing up late.

"Kakashi-san!" It was Tori. She walked over, her eyes wide. "Why did you ask me to come here?"

Sasuke walked out from behind the Jounin. He smirked at her.

Kakashi scratched his head. "Ahh well Hokage-sama told me to test you... so I decided to let my student, Uchiha Sasuke, fight you."

Tori smiled sadistically. "Uchiha, huh? What an honor. Ready for another whooping?"

Confused, Kakashi turned to Sasuke. "What does she mean by 'another whooping'?"

Tori laughed. "Sasuke made the wrong descision to throw a kunai at me a few hours ago. I kicked his butt, though." She sneered at him.

"Is this true, Sasuke?"

The Uchiha heir blushed madly as he recalled the event. "I was going easy on you, girl!" He retorted, though he was now red in the face.

"I have a name, you know." Tori scoffed. She took out her katana. "I'll gladly fight your student, Kakashi-san."

Kakashi sighed. "Okay, I'll watch over here." He sat down on the monument rock.

Tori dropped into a fighting stance. Her fingers slipped around the hilt and unsheathed the blade slightly. She narrowed her eyes at Sasuke. "Three... two..."

"One." said a voice behind her, accompanied by a kunai next to her neck.

Tori gasped. The Sasuke in front of her dissolved. A clone... She thought irritated.

Sasuke smirked from behind her, hooking his arm around her waist. "I told you I was going easy on you earlier."

"Shut up, kid!" she snapped, annoyed.Great, how do I get out of this?!

"I have a name, too, you know." He mocked.

Tori frowned. He just wasn't going to let this be easy, was he? She cycled through a few handseals and in her place a log appeared, surprising the boy.Kawarimi... Sasuke thought bitterly. Damn her.

Appearing a few feet behind him, she dropped her katana and drew a kunai. Tori grinned. "Come on, neko, show me your best."

Sasuke clenched his teeth. "What did you call me?"

Tori laughed. "I called you neko. At least you have a name now." She smirked.

Sasuke ignored his new nickname and tackled her. Surprisingly, she fought back with the same amount of stregnth. Sparks flew as their kunai clanged together. Sasuke growled and pushed as hard as he could, but she wouldn't budge.

She smiled. "That all you got, neko?"

"Shut up!" Sasuke let out a snarl and somehow knocked her off balance. Tori was on her feet in a flash.

"Oh... you'll pay for that, Uchiha." She hissed.

Sasuke snickered. "Try me."

Tori scowled and bit her thumb. I didn't want to use this yet, but he deserves it. Her hands flashed in a series of handsigns.

Kakashi observed Tori with growing suspicion from his spot on the monument. Kuchiyose? He wondered.

Tori slammed her palms together. "Torikami Kuchiyose no justu!"

Out of nowhere, thousands of paper birds appeared and swarmed around a shocked Sasuke. Without waiting for command, they began to assault him with their razor sharp wings.

"What the hell is this?!" shouted Sasuke in frustration as he desperately tried to dodge the paper birds.
Kakashi's visible eye widened. Of course! Tsunade had mentioned that her clan was skilled in unusual summoning techniques!

Tori smirked as the paper birds began smothering Sasuke by plastering themselves to his body. She calmly walked over to the struggling boy. She reached into her pocket and grabbed Sasuke's collar. The paper birds disappeared. Tori slowly drew out a kunai and held it in her mouth. Slowly backing Sasuke up into a tree, she smiled wickedly, holding both of his wrists.

Sasuke snorted. "What, are you gonna kill me?"
Tori didn't answer. Instead she lowered her face, closer and closer....
Both Kakashi and Sasuke let out a gasp when she pressed her lips to his, forcing the kunai between his teeth. Tori drew back, smirking at his shocked face. "There's your kunai."

She jogged back to where her katana was and picked it up, sheathing it. She waved to the slightly stunned Kakashi and ran to her new home. She was tired.

**

Something didn't feel right when she woke up. No. There was definitely something wrong with the air. Tori nearly choked, her hands covering her mouth. She practically ran out of the apartment, making sure not to wake Naruto up. Tori didn't care that it was one in the morning or that she was only in shorts and a shirt. Her eyes watered as they rapidly took in the semi-familiar surroundings. There's so much bloodlust... she thought, searching for the source.

Out of the corner of her eye. Tori saw movement. Instinct taking over, she immediately hopped onto the roof to observe.

It was a group of three people, two guys and a girl. Even though Tori wasn't familiar with her surroundings, she could tell that they were from Suna, the Sand Village, from the way they were dressed.

The girl looked kind of pretty with turquoise eyes and honey blonde hair. She was wearing a really short dress and carrying a large fan.

One of the guys was dressed all in black and had odd purple markings on his face. He had a cool-looking hat covering his head and had something that looked like a mummy strapped to his back.

The last boy looked young. Probably her age. Extremely messy reddish-auburn hair and black ringed eyes. There was a gourd full of who-knows-what on his back.

Tori narrowed her eyes. The major thirst for blood was emanating from this kid. She watched as they walked in moonlight, heading for an inn. As they passed by her apartment, the boy looked up to her place on the roof.

Tori gasped, nearly losing her balance and backing into a shadow. There was so much killing intent in his stare, it frightened her. She breathed heavily, trying to shake the image of his haunting pale eyes rimmed by black. Crawling back into her room through a window, she lay back under the covers of her bed and tried to sleep. But her dreams were being plagued with horrible visions of the kid and his deathly freaky eyes.

R&R!! ^_^