Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Like the Clouds, Like the Wind ❯ Sabaku no Gaara ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ch. 3- Sabaku no Gaara


Tsunade frowned at the Jounin in front of her. "Are you sure that the birds were paper?"

"Yes, it was incredible." replied Kakashi. "And her taijutsu is amazingly accurate. She could hold her own to Sasuke."

The Hokage hmph'ed. "Troublesome, but at least know we know what she's capable of." She pulled out a sheet of paper from her desk, scribbling something before handing it to Kakashi. "Give this to Kurenai. I'd like for Tori to temporarily train with her students."

Kakashi frowned and took the note. "Hokage-sama, I feel that Tori's skill would be better practiced against my students. Surely you don't think that--"

"Don't push me, Hatake," snapped Tsunade, looking up from her paperwork. "I have my reasons for putting her with Kurenai's genin, and do not expect me to share them all with you."

Kakashi bowed slightly. "My apologies."

Tsunade smirked after a while, leaning back in her chair. "Did she really kiss the Uchiha kid?"

The silver haired man chuckled. "I don't think she was intending for it to be called a kiss."

"Hmm?"

"Yes. Judging by the way she acted, Tori was only returning his kunai."

Tsunade started laughing. "Kami-sama, I don't think there hasn't been a female his age who didn't like Sasuke since the Uchiha massacre."

"Sounds like it will be interesting," Kakashi smiled from beneath his mask. He acknowladged the Hokage. "Tsunade-sama." The Jounin disappeared.

Another smirk crossed her face. "I'm going to like this Tori."

**

Kankurou glanced at Gaara, trying without success to hide the concern on his colorful face. His younger sibling has been very much on edge ever since they arrived in Konoha earlier that morning. Shooting a look at his brother, he said, "Gaara, you've got to tell us if something's bothering you, instead of acting up."

Gaara turned slightly to look at him. "Be quiet. I can do what I like."

The sand nin ground his teeth. "But you can't start acting like an idiot!" Kankurou regretted his words when he felt the sand snake around his middle.

"Tell me that again?" asked Gaara dangerously.

"Oh, shut up, both of you." Both brothers turned to look at their older sister. Temari frowned. "As much as I hate to admit it, Kankurou's right, Gaara. Lose the attitude because it will get us in trouble. Besides," Temari smirked and jerked her head to the side. "It's not polite."

The other two turned to see a girl watching them, leaning on a fence. Upon realizing that her goal was unearthed, she went over to them.

She smiled slyly. "I'm Sorano Tori, of Kumogakure. My instinct tells me that you guys are from Suna."

Temari laughed lightly, though it held no true humor. "Guilty as charged. I'm Temari. This is Gaara, my youngest brother," she said pointing at the boy, then guestered at her other silbing. "And Kankurou."

Tori smiled at them. When only Kankurou grinned back, she rested her gaze on the red head. What's his problem? Bad day? She thought sarcastically. From what she guessed in his deadly stare earlier, there hasn't been a day for him that hasn't been bad, Poor guy.

Tori marched over to Gaara, putting her hands on her waist. "Hey Gaara-san. You know, you should smile a bit. It would help." She said kindly.

He said nothing and continued to stare at her with what Tori swore was a mixture of amusement and annoyance.

Tori reached up, a worried look on her face, and gently brushed Gaara's bangs away, revealing his red tattoo.

Gaara's two siblings gasped. What?? Gaara allows no one to touch him! Kankurou thought wildly.

Tori frowned. "What happened to you, Gaara-san?" She touched the kanji on his forehead.

Gaara did nothing except stand there with his arms crossed.

His eyes... there's so much loneliness... and hurt. It confused Tori beyond compare that these same eyes could be filled with such killing intent. She made to move his hair again, when a tendril of sand suddenly grabbed her hand, holding it in midair. Tori squirmed as its grip tightened painfully.

Kankurou sighed and looked away. Like I said, nobody touches Gaara.

Tori looked down to see the sand harden around her wrists and ankles. Her eyes glinted in interest. Sugoi... He fuses the sand with his chakra, which enables it to do his bidding! She could not help but be impressed despite the flicker of fear that had risen in her stomach.

She frowned, still studying the sandy grains. But there was something very wrong with the sand. Tori's eyes widened. It smells like...

"Blood."

Tori gasped as Gaara suddenly tilted her chin upwards, forcing her to stare straight into his hungry eyes.

Great, there's going to be blood. Temari thought dully. No one lives after they see that look his eyes.

"You smell like blood." Gaara stepped closer.

A shiver ran down Tori's spine at the sound of Gaara's dry, emotionless voice, so devoid of any happiness or joy. "F-funny, Gaara-san, I was just going to say that to you--"

"Where is it?" Gaara demanded, narrowing his eyes.

"What?"

Closer. He was so close to her, their foreheads were practically touching. "Your blood."

Tori couldn't tear her sight away from his bloodthirsty eyes, which were focusing on her with a deadly stare. Shock numbed her nerves when suddenly she felt his lips roughly capture her own.

"Holy shit." Kankurou stared at the two while Temari gaped, speechless.

Tori whimpered as she felt him nibble her lip. She didn't dare struggle against the shackles of sand that held her captive, so she had to wait until it was over. His sharp canines bite down hard enough to draw blood.

He licked the blood away, and drew back slightly, resting his mouth against her ear. "Your blood is delicious. I'll relinquish the day that I kill you," he whispered hotly. Tori shuddered as the sand slithered off of her and back into the gourd on his back.

Gaara finally pulled away, his initial impassive look back on his face. "Until we meet again... Sorano." He mummured.

Tori wrung her wrists grimly, watching him return to his flustered siblings, who immediately started fussing with him. She turned away, frowning, when she felt a hand on her shoulder. Tori turned around. It was Temari.

"I am so sorry," said the girl anxiously. "Gaara has been acting kind of weird since this morning, and I don't really know what came over him."

Tori shook her head. "It's okay."

"He didn't hurt you, did he?" asked Temari suspiciously.

"A little bit, but I'm fine." she replied, rubbing her mouth.

Temari sighed, and Tori had never seen her look so anxious. "I seriously don't know what happened. Gaara is very unstable, but this..." She trailed off, watching Kankurou scold her other sibling, who did a good job in ignoring them both. Temari turned back to Tori. "When Kankurou and I were younger, our father, the Kazekage, sealed the soul of a demonic sand priest inside of Gaara. And killed our mother in the process." She added bitterly.

Tori was shocked. "You mean... Gaara-san's the demon of the desert?"

"You've heard about him, haven't you?"

"Yeah."

Temari smiled wryly. "Gaara's not actually the demon, thought many people belive that because Shukaku has so much control over him. He gets these killing edges where his inner demon gets really excited, usually if he smells blood. Kankurou and I try to calm him down, but usually the chances are slim."

The girl glanced back at her brothers before frowning at Tori. "I think it would be best for Gaara and you if you stayed away from him. For some reason, he seems to like your blood and that can get deadly if we can't control him."

Tori looked over at Gaara, wishing that she could ease the pain inside his heart, "I guess that it's for the best."

**

"Sasuke-kun!"

Sasuke looked down from the tree branch, once again engaged in people-gazing, expecting to see Sakura or some other silly fangirl. He scowled when he saw Tori.

She waved, climbing up and sitting down next to him.

Sasuke glared at her. "What do you want, Sorano?"

Tori ignored him, swingly her legs idly. "You must really get that alot, don't you?"

"Too much." Sasuke muttered reluctantly. Tori laughed.

"But you don't mind when I call you neko, ne?" Tori winked at him.

Sasuke's eye twitched. "Actually, I do--"

"Yes! I knew I could count on you, nekochan."

"..."

"Not in a very good mood today, are we?"

He turned to look at her. She was staring seriously at him, her eyebrows raised.

"Hn."

Tori was content to sit quietly for a minute, mimicing Sasuke by watching the people pass.

After a while, she asked, "So is this like your tree?"

The Uchiha heir gave Tori an uncharacteristically odd look. "What are you talking about, Sorano?"

Tori kicked her feet back and forth. "I don't know, you just seem to come here a lot." She made to jump off. "If you want, I could go if I'm bothering you."

"No!" He said quickly, grabbing her wrist before she could leave. Realizing what he just did, Sasuke turned pink. "I want-- I mean, um, it's okay, I don't really care... or whatever..." He looked away, furious with himself.

Tori stared at him, also blushing before sitting back down on the tree branch again. "Alright."

Sasuke noticed a strange looking mark on her lip. "What happened to your mouth?"

Tori looked up, surprised. "Oh! Uhh," Her fingers reached up and touched her lips. She said something indestinguishable.

Sasuke raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"G-Gaara-san!" Tori said uncomfortably. Thanks a lot, Sasuke, I was just beginning to forget about that. "It was Gaara-san."

"Gaara... you mean that guy from Suna?" asked Sasuke increduously. He reached out and turned her face towards him to see the mark, "The demon did that to you?"

"He is not a demon!" snapped Tori, swatting his hand away. She looked very bothered by something. "He's just a regular person!"

Sasuke stared at her. "Tori... Are you okay?"

Tori nodded, not realizing that he had addressed her by 'Tori' instead of 'Sorano'. "Sorry, something really random happened earlier... it just unsettled me... sort of."

She suddenly jumped off the tree branch. Looking up at him, she smiled assuringly. "I'm fine. I just need to go find Naruto... or something. See you later!"

Sasuke watched her run off, wondering what Gaara had done to her.



random pinkness. thanks for sticking with me guys! R&R!