Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lost on the Road of Life ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Nar~! My first Naruto fic! ^^
 
Disclaimer: No own. I wish I did though ;-;
 
~*~
 
It was over.
 
The forest lay in ruins. Trees were burned, knocked or thrown down. Bodies of mutilated shinobi were scattered across the demolished forest. And in the middle of the silent chaos was a baby, crying for attention and comfort. Next to him lay his father, dead.
 
Yondaime had sacrificed his life for his village, his son.
 
Naruto.
 
~*~
 
Shinobi had now gathered around the infant, looks of disgust and confusion were plastered on their faces.
 
"What do we do with it?" one asked.
 
"Kill it, of course! Look what that monster's done to our village and leader."
 
"We can't just kill a baby, Hiro! It hasn't even done anything!"
 
"How could you say that? It would be best to kill it now before it causes trouble again."
 
Removing a blood-soaked kunai from the ground, a man walked over to the bawling child and picked it up by its leg. Crying from the pain in its small naval and the fact of being upside down, caused the infant to cry harder.
 
No one moved to help him.
 
The ninja laughed, the bloody kunai held over the child's heart. "This is what you get you little bastard." Before he could end the child's life, two shuriken cut through the air and into his arm.
 
Crying out in pain and surprise, the ninja had released his hold on the infant's ankle. The other shinobi gasped as the child plummeted to its doom. A silver blur soon came to his rescue, saving the baby boy from death.
 
Hiro turned to glare at said blur, clutching his bleeding arm to his chest. He growled in annoyance," Kakashi! What the hell do you think you're doing?"
 
Turning to face the older man, Kakashi met Hiro's glare with one of his own. Holding the now hiccupping baby, the young jounin pointed a finger at the man.
 
"You were going to kill him! How could you kill an innocent child?"
 
Hiro scoffed, glaring into the teenager's mismatched eyes- the only things visible on his face. "That monster attacked our village, killed our men and Hokage! He deserves to die for what he's done!"
 
"He has done nothing wrong. This child was sacrificed for our safety and you want to kill him?! You're heartless bastard for even thinking it!"
 
In a fit of rage, Hiro charged at the boy, throwing a wave of kunai and shuriken at him. Kakashi avoided the barrage, careful of the baby he held in his arms. He reached for his own shuriken holder when a voice boomed across the forest.
 
"That is enough!"
 
All the shinobi turned to face the one who spoke, each gasped as they saw who it was.
 
"Jiraiya-sama."
 
The white haired man jumped down from one of the few trees and made his way to Kakashi. He eyed the boy, than noticed the tufts of blonde hair he held. Jiraiya stepped towards Kakashi, arms outstretched for the baby.
 
“Give him to me.”
 
Kakashi eyed the man warily, not exactly wanting to hand the baby over. Remembering that the man had taught his own teacher, Kakashi regretfully handed the baby boy over to the sennin.
 
During the exchange, little Naruto whimpered at the loss off extra heat. He began to cry- having been awakened from his nap and from not being fed since his birth a half an hour ago.
 
Jiraiya gently cradled the crying child to chest. Wiping away a few tears off the baby's whiskered cheek- wait a minute. Jiraiya stared at whiskered cheek where his thumb was. The white haired man quickly began scanning the battle field for his student, only to find that one of the shinobi had gathered the Fourth's body and had begun to return to the village. Jiraiya watched the shinobi disappeared with his student's body.
 
Returning his gaze to the newborn in his arms, Jiraiya smiled sadly and whispered,” Arashi what have you done..?”
~*~
 
Konoha suffered many losses during the fight with the demon fox. Families were broken, children were orphaned and many had died protecting the ones their home. But the village of Konoha mourned greatly over the loss of their leader, the 4th hokage.
 
Despite their losses, the people of Konoha were strong and, under the watchful eye of the 3rd, Konoha was able to stand up again.
 
But some had remained fallen, unable to get up.
 
 
Kakashi stood over the basinet, left eye watching the infant's chest rise and fall. Carefully pulling the blue blanket up to the baby's chin, the young jounin silently declared,” Sensei, I promise to watch over your son.”
 
“ No matter what.”
 
~*~
 
Pweh, I always suck at the first chapter.
 
R/R minna!