Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lost on the Road of Life ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: No own
 
OOO
 
He didn't want to be here, but he had to. Money was a basic necessity to live. None of it meant no food, no home, and no clothes. And he really didn't want that to happen.
 
The young shinobi sighed, grudgingly making his way through the Tower halls. Juts his luck, having the worst mission ever, and to top it all off, his teammates weren't even there to help him!
 
Dammit! Where the hell was that damn office anyway?
 
Oh...there it is...
 
OOO
 
Sarutobi looked up as the door to his office opened, syoung head poking from it. Sarutobi smiled. These youngsters were so crazy.
 
"I suppose you're from the team I requested. Tell me, where are your teammates and sensei?" the old man questioned.
 
"My teammates' parents didn't allow them to come, and I have no idea where my sensei is."
 
Sarutobi raised his eyebos in response."I see. I'll to to talk to them later. But or now let's talk about the mission."
 
"Your team has been assigned to take care of the infant Uzumaki Naruto. I expect you to arrive here at nine o'clock every ay unil further notice. I will speak with your instructor and teammates about this later."
 
The genin gave the old man a look. "What if they still refuse to come?"
 
"Then you'll just have to do this on your own." The genin groaned. "Don't worry, someone will help you, but they may busy somtimes and you'll be left on your own."
 
"So," the kid startd," why not get some nanny to watch over it?"
 
Sarutobi's eyes narrowed. "No one wanted to take the job."
 
"So you assign it to me," the boy stated.
 
"Get going. The nursery is down the hall, you can't miss it."
 
The boy sighed. 'Stupid old man giving me stupid missions.'
 
"Oh, Iruka," the boy turned," don't be late."
 
The genin, Iruka, glared at the Hokage and left hthe office in a huff.
 
OOO
 
The nursery was very...colorful. Brigth colors of blue, green, yellow and orange decorated the room. Cartoon characters were pinned on the wall, each playing or doing something baby-like. A rocking chair was palced in the corner of the room and adiaper changing table (no idea what they're called) was in another. In the middle of it all was ablue bassinet; a small cry was heard coming from it.
 
Iruka quickly shut the door and made a bee line for the crib. The baby was crying and he had no idea what to do! He picked up some toys from a nearby dresser and began jingling them over the baaby's head. It didn't work and the baby was still crying.
 
"Great! My first day and already the kid's crying, what do I do?!"
 
"He's just hungy."
 
Iruka looked up when someone had spoken. Looking up, he looked straight into...another eye? Iruka's face faulted. 'What the? Who's he? How'd he get in here?'
 
The other boy gently moved Iruka out of the way. A bottle was held in the other boy's hand as he gently pressed the rubber nipple against the baby's mouth. Immediately the baby began to feed from the bottom, quickly finishing it off a minute later.
 
Now Baby Naruto was squirming in his crib, needing to be burped. Chuckling, the other boy reached in and picked the baby up. After burping him, the other boy held the baby in hi arms and turned to look at Iruka. The look the boy was giving him was terrifying, which was surprising since it was only one eye looking at him.
 
"So, you're the one the Hokage hired?"
 
"Yeah...And you are?"
 
The other boy ignored him, or seemed to, as he placed Baby Naruto back into his crib. "You'll have to feed him in another three hours, change him too, and put him down for his nap at twelve. Make sure he's asleep by then." He looked at Iruka again. "Think you can handle that?"
 
Iruka nodded. "You still haven't answered my question."
 
The other boy ignored him and walked over to the window. "I'm off, bye Naru-chan."
 
Iruka stood staring after the boy and grumbled, "Bastard."
 
OOO
 
Sarutobi gently pushed the nursery door open as Iruka was about to put the baby to bed. "So how'd it go? Naruto wasn't too much of a problem I hope."
 
"It was ok, annoying though." Sarutobi chuckled.
 
"Well thank you for helping Iruka, I expect to see you back here tomorrow. Remember nine o'clock sharp." Th elder shinobi was about to leave the room when Iruka called him back. "Yes?"
 
"There was this other kid here. He was pretty tall and had silver hair. I asked who he was but he wouldn't tell me."
 
The Hokage aised an eyebrow. "An you'd like to know who he is, correct?" Iruka nodded. The old man sighed (he would've smoked his pipe but he couldn't bring it into the nursery). "His name is Hatake Kakashi. You will be helping him take care of Naruto."
 
Iruka's mouth fell through the floor. "THE Hatake Kakashi? The youngest jounin in like history?!"
 
"So you've heard of him."
 
"Who hasn't?" Iruka cried.
 
"Shush. Don't want to wake the baby now do you?"
 
Iruka quickly shut his mouth and glanced inside the crib. The baby was still fast asleep, a small ribble of drool escaping from it's small mouth. Brown eyes softed slightly, but quickly hardened. 'How cold I think that that....THING is cute? I don't even want to be here!'
 
"Iruka?"
 
"Hm?"
 
"I said let's discuss this in my office."
 
"Right, let's go."
 
OOO
 
Sarutobi yawned as he rocked Naruto to sleep. It was midnight and the baby had woken up again, crying to be held. The old man sighed as he gently pushed the rocking chair with his feet. "It's been so lomg since I've taken care of a child. I must getting old."
 
Iruka had been sent home hours ago after he explained to the young man of Kakashi's role in the mission. Speaking of genius, he should be returning soon.
 
Sarutobi looked down at the baby. Sky blue eyes looked back up at him, half-lidded and glazed with sleep. A few more minutes and he would be asleep. Smiling, the Sandaime looked out the window towards the Hokage Monument. His eyes saddened as he saw the half constructed head of the 4th.
 
It had been three months since the Kyuubi's attack. Three months since the death of Arashi. Three months since...
 
Sarutobi looked down at the baby boy he held. Bright blonde locks stood out in the dark, wrapped in a blue blanket the baby slept soundly in the ruler's arms. Three whisker-like marks deorated each of the baby's cheeks, the only visible sign of the curse placed upon him.
 
Slowly the old man stood and walked over to the bassinet. Gently placng Nauto back in his bed, Sarutobi adjusted a small teddy bear to keep him company. It was Arashi's gift to his son.
 
Fixing the blanket under the baby's chin, Sarutobi leaned down to kiss the child's forehead.
 
"Naruto, I have no doubt in my mind that you will tun out to be a great man like your father. But please understand of what his position meant and the decision he had to make."
 
Sarutobi made his way outside the room, quietly closing the door behind him.
 
It had been three months since Naruto and Kyuubi were born.
 
OOO
 
Yay! I'm done!
 
Sorry for the long wait, I got stuck in the middle of this chapter, my internet died so now I'm forced to use WordPad until it comes back up(on another computer right now, old one too) so yeah. I've had problems.
 
Someone asked if this story will have pairings? Yes it will. It'll be a Kaka/Iru shounen-ai pairing. But that won't happen for a LONG time. Atleast until after Naruto learns to walk.
 
 
RR please!