Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lost on the Road of Life ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I feel like ranting but I don't know what to rant about. Che, how troublesome.
 
Disclaimer: No own
 
OOO
 
Iruka eyed Kakashi, Kakashi stared back at him expectantly. What the older boy had just asked him to do was just inhuman, immoral, and absolutely disgusting. Damn him. "But I don't want to do this!"
 
"You have to."
 
"But-"
 
Kakashi glared at him. "Do it, or else."
 
Iruka sighed, giving in to the other boy's demand. Taking a long, deep breath he reached over and...
 
"Gah! It smells!" He covered his mouth and nose with his hands, desperately trying to block out the smell. Kakashi sighed and tossed him a diaper. "Suck it up and change him. We don't got all day."
 
Iruka caught the diaper and prepared himself for the deadly task. Oblivious to the comotion around him, Naruto wiggled on top of the diaper changing table waiting for his new diaper. Iruka moved his head away from the stink of Naruto and hurridly changed his diaper. After the traumatizing incident he ran to the farthest corner in the room, desperately trying to get fresh air into his lungs.
 
Kakshi rolled his eye and went to pick up the baby boy. "Quit being a baby, kid. Naruto doesn't smell that bad."
 
"I could have died doing that!" Iruka screeched from the corner. Kakashi was about to kill him when he screamed, scaring poor little Naruto to tears.
 
Now how did Iruka get talked into changing the diaper in the first place? Well, it's really because Iruka hasn't done anything in the two months he's been there. Sure he washed Naruto's clothes and threw away the used diapers and stuff, but he didn't do anything with Naruto! Kakashi really didn't like that. So he "talked" the younger boy into changing the diaper. And thus explains the scene before us.
 
Well, now Iruka is on the ground, trying to ignore the huge bump on his head, Kakashi was standing over him (his fist had smoke coming from it!) and little Naruto was sitting on the ground near Kakashi's feet. What a Kodak moment!
 
"Look kid," Kakashi said, picking up Naruto while glaring at Iruka," I never wanted help taking care of him, the Third insisted that." Kakashi set Naruto down in his playpen, handing him the small teddy bear.
 
"I have guard duty today. I'll be back at five. Take care of him." He reached down to ruffle the blonde locks. "Bye Naru-chan, you be good now ok?" With that, Kakashi left through the window, leaving Iruka with Naruto.
 
Iruka looked down at the baby blonde in the pen. Getting on his knees, he was now head and shouders over the screen wall. "I don't see why I'm here either. That jerk. He acts like I'm some kind of idiot." He reached over and put his hand infront of Naruto's face. "Not like I want to be here anyway. You're not even cute."
 
Naruto grabbed Iruka's hand with his little ones. Spreading the fingers apart, bending them, and just fascinated as he discovered how the hand worked. He soon began to babble in his baby language, informing the gennin of his discoveries. Iruka smiled softly and his brown softened at the baby.
 
"Well, you're not that cute."
 
OOO
 
The Next Day
 
"You want me to what?!"
 
Sandaime pinched the bridge if his nose. How many times did he have to say it?! Taking a deep breathe, the Hokage once again explained the situation. "The Uchiha Clan requests that you look after their youngest son, Sasuke, since no one will be able to care for him today."
 
"The Uchihas have tons of family members, why don't they get one of the branch houses to look after him?" Kakashi asked.
 
The Third puffed his pipe before answering. "His father won't allow anyone from the branch houses to look after him. His brother, Itachi, will be at the Academy all day, and his mother is too ill to look after him."
 
"So what's old-man-Uchiha doing all day?"
 
"He has a mission with his ANBU team."
 
Kakashi's visible eye narrowed slightly. "But I already have Naruto to look after, two babies will be too much work."
 
"That's why Iruka is here. He'll help look after them. Plus, this is the perfect oppurtunity for Naruto to interact with someone his own age." Kakashi still didn't look convinced. Sarutobi sighed. "Kakashi it's not like you have a choice in this. You were chosen to do this, and so you will." Kakashi sighed.
 
"What time did they want me there?"
 
OOO
 
"Where is he? He yells at me for being late and he's not even here! Grrr! When I get my hands on him, I'll-" Iruka began naming what he would do to Kakashi- which included the jounin in serious pain, Iruka causing that pain, and many sharp and pointy things. Naruto was giggling at Iruka, thinking the older boy was making funny faces and sounds.
 
The door creaked open as familiar silver head poked in. "Yo!"
 
Iruka just lost it.
 
"Where have you been?! Do you realize you are three hours late! What, in the name of Kami, have you been doing for three hours?!" Iruka yelled at Kakashi, his tanned skin turning red.
 
Kakashi just ignored him as he set a blue diaper bag on the ground. Wait a minute. BLUE?! Iruka glanced at the bottom shelf of the changing table where Naruto's diaper bag was put. As always, the orange bag sat in waiting. Now why did Kakashi get another bag when Naruto's orange one was still good?
 
"Hey you!" Iruka turned to look at Kakashi," Bring Naruto over here. I wanna see how they'll act." Iruka quirked an eyebrow, then he noticed the dark haired bundle in Kakashi's arms. Midnight eyes stared back at the gennin, watching him with genuine wonder.
 
"Another one? Who's kid is this?" Iruka asked, carrying Naruto over to Kakashi and the new baby. The new baby was slightly bigger than Naruto, so no doubt he was older.
 
"This is Sasuke of the Uchiha Clan. I've been assigned to watch over him," Kakashi said. "Put Naruto in the playpen with him so they can play together."
 
Iruka did as he was told. "Why did they ask you? Couldn't they get a gennin team instead? I mean, babysitting is considered a D-rank mission at best."
 
Kakashi gave him a look. "The Uchiha Clan didn't want some lowly gennin team watching over their youngest child. So they requested that I, Konoha's Top Jounin, watch over him."
 
Iruka quirked an eyebrow at him. "So that's why you were three hours late?"
 
"Maybe."
 
Knowing he wasn't going to get any more information, Iruka turned his attention towards the babies.
 
Naruto and Sasuke were staring at each other. Naruto sat on his bottom as Saskue stood a little bit away from him. Then, Sasuke, being the brave baby he is, took small steps towards the blond baby. His arm was outstretched as he reached over and...pulled on Naruto's hair!
 
Instantly the blonde baby started to cry. Then Sasuke started crying. Now Iruka and Kakashi were left with two crying babies.
 
Oh joy.
 
OOO
 
"Here it comes."
 
Naruto opened his mouth to let the mushed peas in. Sasuke was beside him doing the same thing. Luckily, they had a spare high chair, which Sasuke was currently using. Both babies were now being fed lunch, mushed peas for Naruto and strained carrots for Sasuke. Both of them were quite wary of each other after the two hours of crying.
 
But that was starting to be forgotten.
 
Sasuke let himself be fed once again, but with Naruto, things don't go as smoothly.
 
Naruto was covered from head to toe with green slop. His bright blonde hair had green spots, his clothes were dirty, and his face and hands were covered with the green mush. But he was still cute as hell.
 
Iruka frowned at the baby. "He's gonna need a bath again." He attempted to feed Naruto again, only to have the food from the spoon thrown to the floor, followed by Naruto's insane giggling.
 
"Might as well bathe Sasuke too while we're at it." Kakashi, as he fed said baby another spoonful of carrots. Iruka's frown deepened. "He's not even dirty, why bathe him at all?" He tried to feed Narto again only to have the food plummet to the dirty floor. Sasuke watched with curiosity.
 
Kakashi stirred the carrots before getting a spoonful. "I don't want him to feel left out. He might think we're favoring Naruto over him." Iruka snorted. Kakashi raised the spoon to Sasuke's mouth, who in turn stared at it. A small pale hand grabbed the spoon and sent it flying to the floor. Nauto laughed, clapping his small hands in applause.
 
Iruka's eyebrow twitched.
 
Bath time was bad for Naruto. He hated baths. The poor baby was whining and crying, holding his arms up for someone to get him out. Sasuke was the complete opposite. He splashed about in the tub, played with the bath toys, and didn't even mind when Kakashi put shampoo on his head.
 
Sasuke looked at Naruto, who was struggling to get away from Iruka's evil shampoo. Sasuke blinked and looked down at the rubber ducky in his hands. Somehow, a plan formed in his young mind.
 
"Naruto hold still! The shampoo's not gonna hurt you, it's designed not to. Naruto calm down!" Iruka tried to get the baby to calm down, Kakashi was just watching. "Can't you help me here?"
 
"Look."
 
Iruka blinked at the jounin before looking at the babies. Sasuke held out the rubber ducky to the sniffling Naruto. Naruto looked at Sauke with wide blue eyes. Sasuke placed the toy in the younger one's lap, patting Naruto's hand in comfort. Naruto sniffled, and held the rubber duck in his hands.
 
The bath went smoothly then.
 
OOO
 
Kakashi laughed as he saw Naruto and Sasuke play. After the bath they had discovered that Sasuke could walk already, but was still a little wobbly. Naruto was still too young to walk, so he crawled after the dark haired baby.
 
They were playing some type of tag- baby style as Kakashi put it. Naruto was currently "it", crawling at top speed after Sasuke. But Sasuke managed to avoid being touched. If he didn't know better, Kakashi would've said that Sasuke was toying with Naruto.
 
Soon the game of tag turned into playing with Naruto's stuffed animals. Both Sasuke and Naruto attacked each other with the plushies, making the best animals voices they can.
 
After their play time, it was time for their nap.
 
Sasuke and Naruto cuddled against each other, covered by a blanket big enough for both of them. Naruto's teddy bear was sandwiched between them. They looked so cute.
 
Kakashi smiled under his mask as he watched the two babies sleep. His eye was curved, showing he was happy. Iruka was packing Sasuke's diaper bag. He would look at the babies, his eyes would narrow slighty, and he'd pack faster. But deep inside, he was smiling too.
 
A soft knock came at the door and Kakashi stood to answer it.
 
A young dark haired boy stood at the door. His black hair was tied in the back by a small ponytail. His black eyes were serious and held no reflection of what he was thinking. He looked up Kakashi.
 
"I'm here to pick up my little brother," even his voice held no emotion. Iruka shivered, it wasn't right for a child that young to act like that.
 
Kakashi nodded and pointed at the playpen. "He's sleeping right now. Please don't wake up Naruto."
 
The boy moved silently towards the playpen. He looked down at the babies and, to Iruka's surprise, smiled. Standing on his toes, he reached into the playpen and picked up the dark haired baby. Sasuke and Naruto whined in their sleep as they lost each other's heat. Kakashi instantly went over to Naruto and picked him up, shushing to go back to sleep. Sasuke's brother was doing the same thing.
 
As soon as the babies went back to sleep, Kakashi looked at the young boy and chuckled. "Looks like they're friends now, huh Itachi?" Itachi smiled. "Yes it does." He went over, picked up the blue diaper bag and made his way to the door. "Thank for looking after him. We will be leaving now."
 
"Itachi, if it's possible, can Sasuke come back?" Kakashi asked. Itachi sighed an opened the door. "I'm sorry Kakashi, but my father would not allow him anywhere near...that child. I'm sorry, but I can not do anything about it." Kakshi sighed, his hold on Nanruto tightened.
 
"I understand. Good bye Itachi."
 
And with that, the Uchihas were gone, leaving Iruka with Kakashi and sleeping Naruto.
 
OOO
 
*blinku blinku* That ending was weird. I had no idea how to end it ._.
 
Now to reviews
 
blackknife, NekoRaven, HikaruOfArrow, and Fallon thanks for saying my story was cool. ^_^ I really appreciate it!
 
joekool: Thanks. This story will focus on the first few years of Naruto's life, a little bit of Kakashi and Iruka's soon-to-be relationship, and than go to the original storyline from Vol. 1.
 
LbcLostKid: Poor Iruka. Naruto will be too young in this story for me to put him in a relationship. And I really don't want to make up a partner for him -_- Too much work. The yaoi will most likely start in a few chapters, but won't be all over the place. I'm mostly going to focus on Naruto rather than the other two.
 
And there we go! Chapter 3! Wasn't Sasuke adorable? And looks like Iruka starting to turn a new leaf! Yay!
 
R/R!! PWEASE!