Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lost on the Road of Life ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Stretches Yatta! School's finally over! This gives me more time to write, three months worth. Yay!
 
Disclaimer: No own.
 
OOO
 
Shuriken? Check.
 
Kunai? Check.
 
Headband? Check.
 
Iruka smiled as he adjusted the headband on his forehead. His team was given a mission that needed him, so he was excited. It would be the first time in two months he and his team would do a mission together. And he could finally get away from that jerk Kakashi and the brat. He would meet his team at the rendezvous point in ten minutes. Not wanting to be late, he grabbed his backpack he headed to the door.
 
But something was holding him back, literally.
 
Iruka turned around to glare at the baby blonde. Naruto smiled, he had just pulled Iruka's hair and was happy to see his "funny" face. Kakashi's eye was curved, which meant he was smiling too. Iruka narrowed his brown eyes at the baby, noticing that he had pulled out some strands of hair. Naruto just smiled more, showing his gums and now growing tooth.
 
Adjusting Naruto in his arms, Kakashi looked at Iruka. "Aren't you going to say good bye?" he asked.
 
"No," Iruka snorted. "Why should I? It's not like I'm not coming back."
 
Kakashi narrowed his eye. "Well at least say 'see ya later'. Naruto's gonna miss you, you know." Iruka rolled his eyes. "Like he's even going to notice I'm gone." The genin fixed his backpack and opened the door. But he was being held back again.
 
"Then what was the point of coming today?" Kakashi asked. Iruka freed himself and turned to glare at the jounin. "Sandaime told me to come. He told me to tell you about my mission and why I wouldn't be here today." Iruka turned around and stepped through the doorway. "Now I'm gonna be late. Thanks a lot."
 
The door slammed shut.
 
OOO
 
Kakashi sighed as he sank into the rocking chair near Naruto's crib. The baby was fast asleep in his crib, his teddy bear tucked under his arm and pacifier in his mouth. Kakashi smiled as he looked into the crib. Naruto was such a cute kid.
 
The young jounin then focused his eye out the nursery window, settling his gaze on the Hokage Monument. But it was the fourth head that held his gaze.
 
Kakashi sighed and tore his gaze away from the stone head to the baby that resembled it. A gloved hand reached over to brush the blonde locks. Naruto stirred from the contact but quickly went back to sleep, sucking his pacifier a few times. Kakashi's eye soon became unfocused as a memory of his teacher began to play in his head.
 
“I'm going to be a daddy!”
 
A bored eye glanced lazily at the blonde man. “You've said that a million times already, don't you ever stop?” Kakashi sighed, crossing his arms behind his head as he laid down on his teacher's comfy chair. Arashi smiled more.
 
“No, I don't. But can you blame me? You should be excited too, you know.”
 
Kakashi narrowed his eye at the blonde. “And why's that?” Arashi chuckled, turning around to face the young man in his chair. “Haven't you always wanted to be a big brother?”
 
“I'm not going to baby sit your kid, sensei. I stopped doing D-rank missions years ago.”
 
Arashi smiled again. “Oh yeah, how could I forget?” he laughed as he ruffled the jounin's silver hair. “No one could ever forget a four-year-old baby sitting another four-year-old.”
 
Kakashi glared as he swatted his sensei's hand away. Turning on his side, Kakashi looked at the piles of papers stacked on the wooden desk. “Getting a little behind on your work, eh sensei?”
 
Arashi laughed nervously, scratching the back of his head. “Yeah, that's the down side of being Hokage; tons of paperwork.”
 
“There wouldn't be that much work if you actually did it, dear.”
 
Both ninja turned their gaze to the door where a beautiful, young woman stood. Midnight blue hair, pale grey eyes, and beautifully paled skin. Kakashi looked at her enormous stomach. I wonder what their child would look like Kakashi thought. Arashi smiled at his wife and walked over to hug and kiss her.
 
“Yomiko where's Jiraiya? Didn't he go shopping with you?” Arashi placed his hand over her belly, trying to feel the life growing inside her. Yomiko smiled. “He's in the nursery putting away the bags.”
 
Yomiko grabbed her husband's hands and tugged him out the door. “You have to see what I bought, love! Oh, you'll love it!”
 
Arashi yelped as he was dragged mercilessly out of his office. Kakashi sighed and got up from the chair and followed them out the door.
 
When he entered the soon-to-be-nursery Jiraiya was sitting in the window sill looking out of it through his telescope. By the amount of drool coming out of his mouth and the pen and notepad in the Sannin's hands, it didn't take the genius long to realize what he was looking at. Shaking his head he went over to the expecting couple.
 
Yomiko showed Arashi the things that she had bought for the baby. Toys, clothes, diapers and food were brought out of their bags and shown to the young Hokage. “Oh Kakashi,” Yomiko chirped, “Isn't this adorable?” She was holding up a small teddy bear. Kakashi shrugged.
 
Arashi smiled at Kakashi. “Yomiko darling,” Arashi began, holding his wife's hands. “Love, I need to talk to Kakashi for a bit. After that, I'll come back and help you prepare the baby's room.”
 
Yomiko smiled at her husband. “That's alright dear; I'll just make Jiraiya do all the work. You go talk to Kakashi.” Kissing her husbands cheek she walked over the still drooling Sannin.
 
Arashi smiled at his wife and motioned for Kakashi to follow him outside of the room. Once in the hall the teacher and student heard Yomiko yell at Jiraiya. “Get off your lazy ass and put that telescope away!” Soon there was a loud “thump followed by a few screams for help from the Sannin.
 
Arashi sighed dreamily and looked at his student. “See why I love her?” Kakashi glared at his teacher. “Are you sure that love was voluntary or did she force you into it?” The blonde man laughed nervously and rubbed the back of his head.
 
Soon the two were outside on top of the Hokage Tower, looking at the Monument. Arashi smiled as he saw he's own head in the rock being made. Kakashi glanced up at his teacher. “What is it you wanted to talk about sensei?”
 
Arashi's face soon became solemn, the wind playing with his blonde spikes of hair. “How do you feel about all this Kakashi?”
 
“About what sensei?”
 
Arashi sighed. “About…everything...”
 
“Sensei...”
 
“With me becoming Hokage, getting married, and with the baby on the way, I just haven't been spending much time with you. I'm sorry, Kakashi.
 
“It's all alright sensei. I understand how busy you are.” The young jounin lightly patted his teacher's shoulder. “You have a duty to fulfill to the village and a promise you made to your wife. And when the baby's born, knowing you and Yomiko, you'll have three times as much work to deal with.”
 
Arashi chuckled, “My kid's going to be a terror, poor Konoha. I hope she can stand it.”
 
“Do you even have a name for the kid?”
 
“Yup!” Arashi beamed. “Its name will be Naruto.” Kakashi sweat dropped. “Oh, I almost forgot.” Arashi started patting his pockets for something. Upon discovering a lump in one of them he cried “Aha!” and dug in to retrieve said lump.
 
“This is for you. Hope you like it.”
 
The blonde man held out a small, badly wrapped square to Kakashi. The teenager took it and gave his teacher a suspicious look before looking at the present. It was small, square and badly wrapped. It seemed okay…
 
Kakashi began to unwrap his present, Arashi watching intently as he tore off the last piece of wrapping paper. Next thing he knew, Kakashi was holding a little orange book in his hands. Another sweat drop appeared behind his head. What in kami's name was the Fourth thinking when he bought this?
 
“Do you like it?”
 
“Sensei, I don't read stuff like this…”
 
“What? Why not Kakashi?”
 
“Sensei, it's a stupid book.”
 
“Those books are very educational, Kakashi. Jiraiya is an expert at that kind of thing.”
 
“Jiraiya is a dirty, old man.”
 
Arashi blinked at Kakashi. “Ano…he isn't that old.”
 
Kakashi sweatdropped as Arashi laughed at him again.
 
Kakashi snapped out of the memory as he heard Naruto moving around in his crib. Leaning forward, Kakashi's one eye met Naruto's two blue ones. Smiling, Naruto reached his chubby arms out to Kakashi. Kakashi smiled behind his mask.
 
“Hey Nary-chan, did you have a nice nap?” Kakashi stood and lifted the baby out of the crib. Naruto cooed at Kakashi, reaching out to grab his silver hair. Kakashi smiled at the baby. “No Naru-chan. No pulling your nii-san's hair.”
 
Naruto made a protesting noise, pouting as Kakashi kept him out of reach of his hair. Then the baby boy's stomach growled. Kakashi chuckled, standing up and headed towards the door. “C'mon Naru-chan. Let's go get you some food.”
 
Setting the baby in his arms, Kakashi opened the door and headed down towards the kitchen. In the rocking chair Kakashi left behind a little orange book.
 
There was a bookmarker sticking out of it.
 
OOO
 
When Iruka arrived at his rendezvous point his team was already there waiting for him. After a brief explanation of their mission the team set off to complete it. It was an easy mission; deliver a scroll to one of the neighboring villages. They'd be done by dinner time. On the road, Iruka's teammates began asking him about Kakashi and Naruto.
 
“Iruka is it true that you have to feed it human blood or it'll go all psycho?” Kizu, his male teammate asked.
 
“No. We feed it baby food. It doesn't really like yams though.”
 
“Iruka-kun what about Kakashi-san? Does he protect you from the demon?” Mizumi, Iruka's third teammate asked. Iruka shook his head. “That jerk makes me do all the work. I swear I've even seen him change a diaper.”
 
“Oh, maybe he likes you Iruka-kun,” Mizumi chirped, giggling at Iruka's glare. Kizu looked at his teammates with a thoughtful expression. “Or maybe the demon is controlling him with evil, mind-controlling powers and forcing you to do all the work.”
 
Mizumi and Iruka just sighed and turned their attention away from Kizu. During this whole time the kids were mindlessly following their teacher around, not noticing that they were hopelessly lost.
 
Gomi, the teacher, checked his map and looked around the forest.
 
“Let's see, we came from there, and then turned there and we're supposed to go here.” He stopped a moment later and turned to face his students. “All right, does anyone know where we are?”
 
The gennin fell to the ground in the classic anime style.
 
Iruka was the first to recover and soon began yelling at his teacher. “Sensei you're supposed to keep track of where we are! How could you get us lost?”
 
Gomi blinked and looked at Iruka. “I was? Why didn't you tell me?”
 
Iruka just stared at his teacher. He's kidding! He's got to be kidding!
 
“What are we gonna do? I'm too young to die!” Iruka cried. Kizu was shaking his fist at everything and trembling with anger. Mizumi on the other hand had completely different thoughts.
 
“Hm…now that we're stuck out here, you guys' sexual frustration will build up and you'll have to relieve it somehow… Damn it. The one time I forget my camera!”
 
“Mizumi this isn't the time for one of your weird fantasies!” Iruka said, trying to calm down and think. Kizu was far from calming down though.
 
“Great! Now we're stuck out here! Then we'll run out of food and have to eat each other to survive. First we'll eat her, then him and then we'll have to eat you sensei!” Kizu exclaimed.
 
Iruka blanched. “Whoa, whoa, whoa…what do you mean by `we'?”
 
“Yeah,” Mizumi cried,”And why am I the first one to get eaten?”
 
“…because you look…tastier…”
 
Mizumi growled and pummeled Kizu into the ground. Iruka tried to get them under control, while Gomi studied the map one more time.
 
“Ok, I think we're supposed to go this way.” The jounin fixed his back pack and turned to his students, two of which were still conscious. “Yosh! Let's move team.”
 
And so they began their journey to find the right path.
 
Some time later…
 
“Gomi-sensei, we've already passed this tree. In fact this the same tree where we first realized we were lost.”
 
“Really?” Gomi looked at the tree, which had many kunai slashes on it. “Heehee, I guess you're right.”
 
Iruka sighed and fell to the ground in exhaustion, Mizumi followed him soon after. Kizu was pacing in front of them muttering things about being lost in the forest.
 
“Then they'll send the ANBU to come and find us, only they'll find our bones bleaching in the sun.” Kizu began to cry. “I don't want to die! I want to live! Live!”
 
“Kizu shut up!” Mizumi barked.
 
Gomi was once again studying the map. A few moments passed before the jounin sighed and began to walk away from his students. The gennins blinked at their teacher before calling out to him.
 
“Gomi-sensei, where are you going?”
 
The jounin turned to his students and sighed. “Home. It's almost dinner time and my wife'll kill me if I'm late again.”
 
The students were dumb struck.
 
“Eh? Gomi-sensei I thought you didn't know where we were?” Kizu asked. Gomi blinked and sighed, scratching the back of his head and laughing nervously. “Well, you see Kizu…this mission was a fake. It's really about testing your navigation skills.
 
“But since none of you were able to find the way home, I have no choice but to increase your training. I'll ask the Hokage to give you a week off for training Iruka.” And with that said he left for home, leaving his team dumb struck.
 
They soon regained their senses and followed after the sensei.
 
“Oi Iruka-kun, do you think Kakashi-san will let you have your break?”
 
“Probably. That jerk doesn't like me anyway.”
 
“C'mon Iruka, he can't be that bad.”
 
“He is! That jerk doesn't care about me at all.”
 
“Maybe you should stop playing hard to get Iruka-kun.”
 
“What? I don't like him Mizumi. Gross!”
 
“Yeah, sure you don't Iruka-kun.”
 
“I don't! I don't!”
 
I could never like someone like Kakashi…
 
OOO
 
Great gods in hell. I'M DONE! Yay!!
 
Sorry this took so long to get out minna, but I hit a few snags on the way. But first I must answer your reviews!
 
HikaruOfDreams, eyes0nme19, alliedoll, demon-flying, Ulitheal, tiggra, Fallon and NekoRaven thanks for saying my story was great/cute. I really appreciate!
 
MalletWeilderofDoom: Thanks. And I swear, if I could draw good, I'd turn this into a doujinshi. But alas I cannot. And as much as I would like to put more of Sasuke I can't. Chapter 3 will be Sasuke's only appearance until the last chapter. Sorry, but I can put more fluff between Naruto and his caretakers till then! XD
 
Manatheron: Er, thanks for the...uh…list. But I believe you're trying to correct me for calling Naruto “chan”. If this is the case, then sorry, but I won't change it. It's a nickname Kakashi made for him and I won't change it. If this isn't the case, then please tell me what I messed up on.
 
Moonlightwolfos: Cool. I honored you read one my stories on here. And don't worry about dyslexia. I can barely spell without the computer XD
 
Ano…thanks minna for your reviews. Oi, sorry this chapter took so long to get out, I have too much stuff in my head right now. Sigh.
 
R/R!! PWEASE!