Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lost on the Road of Life ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I am back. Sigh. I have no idea what to do in this chapter.
 
Disclaimer: No own.
 
Warning: This story may contain spoilers. If you have not seen/read the Gaiden chapters in the manga, this may concern you.
 
OOO
 
Aya moaned as she felt herself be penetrated by Kaori's fingers. The young man smirked as he felt Aya squirm.
 
“Relax. It'll feel better if you do.”
 
“But it feels so good now!”
 
Kaori chuckled. “Spread your legs a little more, it'll be easier for me on my end. And well, yours too.” Kaori smiled at his little joke.
 
Aya smiled and breathed a small “ok”. Now with more room, Kaori was able to go deeper inside-
 
“Naruto you have to eat it!”
 
Kakashi inwardly screamed at how bad the timing for Iruka's scream was. Tucking his book away he looked at where Iruka was, who was trying to feed Naruto. The baby had his mouth firmly closed as the genin tried to feed him the mashed food. Kakashi groaned and got up from his window seat and went over to the two.
 
“What's wrong now?” Kakashi asked, allowing his annoyance to be heard. Iruka sighed as he tried to feed Naruto again, who avoided the spoon. “He won't eat. I've tried everything and he won't even open his mouth.” Iruka looked at Naruto with exasperation as the baby still had his mouth closed.
 
“Is the food good?” Kakashi asked, noticing Naruto as well.
 
“It's supposed to be.”
 
“What kind is it?”
 
“Green beans.”
 
Kakashi's right eye twitched. All this for green beans? he thought. Iruka's mouth shot open as Kakashi stuck his finger inside the green mush. “What are you doing?” Iruka asked.
 
“I'm seeing if this stuff tastes good.”
 
Iruka blinked. “Oh.”
 
Kakashi used his other hand to lower his mask; Iruka and Naruto were watching him intently. Since they had already seen his face, Kakashi just stuck his mush covered finger in his mouth.
 
A moment of silence settled upon them.
 
Suddenly, Kakashi made a gagging sound and his finger flew out of his mouth. He lurched forward, immediately covering his mouth with his hand. Iruka watched in shock as the jounin quickly staggered out of the nursery in search of a bathroom.
 
The scarred boy looked at the baby, who gave him a look as if to say `I told you, but you wouldn't listen'. Iruka chuckled and scratched the back of his head. Before he could say anything, Kakashi came stomping back in. The silver haired boy looked like he was going to kill someone.
 
Before Iruka could blink, Kakashi had already swiped the small jar of green beans from the high chair. He threw the jar into a trashcan and went over to the cabinet that held all of Naruto's baby food.
 
He picked out all of the green bean jars and threw them away as well. Then he gathered the trash bag, tied it up, and headed out into the hall. Iruka and Naruto watched the whole time, confused as to what Kakashi was trying to accomplish. Kakashi soon came back in, went to the cabinet and grabbed another jar.
 
Kakashi slammed the jar on Naruto's high chair table, causing the whole room to shake. Iruka nervously looked up at Kakashi. The jounin growled in a low voice,” He'll eat this from now on.”
 
Iruka gingerly picked up the jar and read the label. “Bananas?” He looked up for an explanation. Kakashi just nodded and returned to his window seat. Iruka grumbled as he opened the small jar, the smell of bananas hitting him. Grabbing Naruto's spoon, he stirred the mush and gathered some into the spoon. Before he fed Naruto, Iruka was struck with a brilliant idea.
 
Kakashi read in horror as Kawari, Kaori's twin brother, came in and stole the beautiful Aya away. He was so into his book that he didn't even sense the incoming attack.
 
Splush
 
Kakashi slowly blinked. One second he was reading his favorite book, the next he was being attack. By Iruka! Kakashi turned his head to glare at the younger boy, who was currently laughing his ass off. Iruka wasn't known as a prankster for nothing.
 
“Some jounin,” Iruka mocked, “couldn't even dodge bananas flying right at `em!” Iruka continued to laugh, unaware of the dark shadow that loomed over him. Kakashi swiped the baby food jar again and poured the remainder of it down Iruka's open mouth.
 
Iruka gagged as he fell back and hit the ground. He quickly turned on his hands and knees and spat the bananas out. The genin glared up at the smug jounin. In a second, the two dash to the cabinet that held the baby food, and gathered as much as they could.
 
And so the fight of baby food began.
 
Sadly no one noticed little Naruto, who was still strapped in his high chair. Luckily none of the older boys had hit Naruto; his high chair table was just constantly attacked with baby food. So being the clever baby that he was, Naruto just grabbed the food before him with his little hands and began to eat it.
 
He was enjoying his yam covered fist when he was hit with mashed carrots. The food flinging stopped instantly; Iruka and Kakashi were just looking at Naruto. A second later Naruto cried from having been hit by surprise. His caretakers scrambled to get to him.
 
Kakashi gathered the baby into his arms and tried to calm him down. Iruka tried to get the carrots out of his hair. Neither of them noticed the nursery door opening.
 
“Ahem.”
 
The two young ninjas turned to the noise only to see the Sandaime standing there. The two paled as the old man sighed.
 
“You two have a lot of explaining to do.”
 
OOO
 
“This is your fault.”
 
“My fault? You're the one who almost choked me to death with bananas!”
 
“I wouldn't have done that if you hadn't thrown the damn bananas at me in the first place,” Kakashi growled as he scrubbed away applesauce. Across the room Iruka was wiping up strained peas.
 
“You're a jounin. You should've dodged it,” Iruka grumbled. “Or stopped me at least; after all, you are the oldest.”
 
“What does that have to do with anything?”
 
“You're supposed to be the responsible one,” Iruka explained. He dipped his rag into a bucket next to him, wringed it and continued to wipe at the wall. Kakashi grumbled as he did the same.
 
“I haven't washed walls since I was genin. This is embarrassing.”
 
“That was like what? Ten years ago right?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“Awesome. What was it like?”
 
“What was it like washing walls tens years ago?”
 
“Yeah!”
 
Kakashi shrugged. “Kind of like now, except I had to wash away graffiti instead of baby food.” Kakashi let his rag hang on the side of the bucket as he moved to the nearest corner. All that's left is the floor and then sending the clothes and stuff to the cleaners.
 
“Did you read any funny stuff on the walls?”
 
“What kind of `funny stuff'?”
 
“You know,” Iruka said as he moved to another corner,” people writing stuff about other people. Stuff like that.”
 
“Some guy wrote that this girl was a whore.”
 
“Ok. That's just weird.”
 
“I thought it was funny.”
 
Iruka looked over at Kakashi and smirked. “Only because you read those dirty books.” Iruka blinked as something occurred to him. “You aren't even supposed to be reading them, you're like too young.”
 
“People think I'm older than I actually am. After my growth spurt anyway.”
 
Iruka's eyes narrowed at the jounin. “The cashier doesn't even ask for ID?”
 
“Nope.” Before Iruka could push the subject more the nursery door slammed open.
 
“We're back! Look at him, he's all nice and clean now.” The figure at the door looked at the two. “Ah, I see you haven't finished yet. I'll bring him back when you do.”
 
Kakashi stood and crossed his arms, giving the new comer a bored look. “I'd rather you leave him with the Third, Jiraiya. God knows what Naruto will see going with you.”
 
Iruka's face scrunched in confusion. This old guy is one of the Legendary Three? But he's like perverted…The scarred boy just couldn't believe it.
 
Jiraiya grinned as he adjusted Naruto in his arms, who was pulling on his hair. Ignoring the baby, Jiraiya continued on. “But babies are chick-magnets. And men with babies are like gods!” The white haired man held the baby in front of his face. “And little Naruto wants to help me so I can continue with my research, don't you Naruto?” Jiraiya asked, in that sweet voice people use with babies.
 
Naruto took this chance to poke Jiraiya's eye.
 
Iruka instantly busted out laughing while Kakashi looked smug and chuckled. The frog hermit's face faulted as he settled Naruto back into his arms. He glared at the two boys, once again ignoring Naruto's hair pulling.
 
“Fine, I'll take him to the old man. I need to talk with him anyway.”
 
And with that, Jiraiya left the nursery with Naruto.
 
OOO
 
Sarutobi was busy looking over a few scrolls when the door to his office opened, his former student letting himself in.
 
“Hey old man,” was Jiraiya's greeting. Sarutobi didn't even bother looking up from his scroll. “Hello Jiraiya.”
 
The old man sweatdropped as Jiraiya placed Naruto on his desk, completely covering the scroll. Sandaime looked up at Jiraiya giving him a look while the younger man grinned.
 
“Oh, were you reading that? Sorry.” Jiraiya didn't even bother to pick up Naruto. Sarutobi sighed as he patted Naruto's head. “I assume you came for a reason Jiraiya?”
 
“Can't I just come and visit my old teacher? I'm hurt!” Jiraiya posed dramatically, getting weird looks from both the Hokage and Naruto.
 
Sarutobi soon gained a serious look and directed it at Jiraiya. “What have you learned Jiraiya?”
 
The white haired man copied his teacher's look. “He's been staying around the northern border for several months now. But I haven't been able to locate him for the past two weeks.”
 
Sarutobi nodded. “I see. It isn't like him to just run away, he's planning something.”
 
“But what?”
 
“I'm not sure. You know him as well as I do Jiraiya, any thoughts on this?”
 
“Before he left he kept talking about this body switching jutsu. He may be trying it…”
 
It was at that moment that Kakashi and Iruka decided to enter the room. The two older looked at them, saving the end of their conversation for later. The two young boys bowed in front of Sarutobi.
 
“We finished cleaning the room. Can I go home now?” Kakashi sighed as he looked at the younger boy. Then realizing her didn't really care, he went over to the desk and picked up Naruto, Jiraiya frowned slightly as he did.
 
“He'll never learn to walk if you keep carrying him around all the time.”
 
“He knows how to walk,” Kakashi retorted. Iruka looked at him confused. “He does?” Kakashi rolled his eye,” Yes he does.”
 
“Since when?” Iruka asked. I haven't see him walk yet, he thought.
 
“For a while now. Here I'll show you.”
 
Kakashi carried Naruto a few feet away from Iruka. He set Naruto on the ground, everyone was amazed to see that the baby could stand. Kakashi crouched down so he was at least eye level with Naruto.
 
“Naru-chan, go to Iruka,” Kakashi whispered. The baby looked at him then at Iruka. “Come on Naru-chan, go to Iruka,” Kakashi urged. Naruto didn't move.
 
Iruka crouched down on the floor as well, holding his arms out for Naruto. “Come here Naruto. Come on.”
 
Naruto looked at Iruka then at Kakashi. Then he took a small step forward towards Iruka. Everyone watched in awe as the baby toddled into the genin's arms.
 
“Yay Naruto! You did it!”
 
OOO
 
DONE! Yes!
 
Reviews
 
Fushigi Shonen, NekoRaven, tiggra, Hiei's Cute Girl, RockBane, uzamaki liliana, HatakeKakashi22, and yue: Thanks for reviewing. It just boosts me up.
 
Choi-sama: First off, I am terribly sorry for not putting a warning from the start. It never occurred to me that I was giving things away. I will be adding a warning from now on. As for OCs, I usually don't use them as main characters. Only one of my fics does that. As for reviving the first chapter, I'll TRY to do it.
 
MalletWielderofDoom: Iruka's b-day is on May 26. I thought I'd do something for him, even if it came out a little late. Later on in this story, Iruka will buy Naruto's first bowl of ramen. AU or canon? I really don't know either XD I have no time for drawing now. I have to start reading my summer list for school. Grrr…
 
Kaki-kun: It will be KakaIru shounen-ai pairing. Thanks for saying it original.
 
Anzu Zoldick: No more Sasuke until the last chapter. Kakashi is gay (at least I think so) and Iruka is bi here. I'm Hispanic really, yet I can't speak a lick of Spanish. I fell asleep during those classes XD
 
uzumakikaida: Sorry, this will be KakaIru.
 
Manatheron: The ninjas only pretended not to see him. I thought saying that he had ninja skills would make it sound cuter.