Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lost on the Road of Life ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

School is starting, so expect updates to be slower. Sigh. I hate school.
 
Disclaimer: No own.
 
Warning: This story may contain spoilers. If you have not seen/read the Gaiden chapters in the manga, this may concern you.
 
OOO
 
Iruka walked down the familiar hallway with a book bag at his side. The young ninja had a surprise for Naruto today. Iruka stopped in front of the familiar door and reached to open it. He poked his head into the door and looked around for the little blond. He really didn't expect to see what he did.
 
Jiraiya was sitting in the rocking chair with Naruto in his lap. He was reading a book to the little blond. But it wasn't one of Naruto's fairy tale books; it was Jiraiya's perverted novel. Iruka's mind just stopped.
 
Then he exploded.
 
“What are you doing? You can't read stuff like that to him!”
 
Jiraiya looked up from his lap at Iruka, his expression quickly turning indifferent. “It's best if he learns now rather than later you know.” Iruka's eye twitched.
 
“Learn what! He's not even a year old yet and you're already teaching him that!” Iruka fumed as Jiraiya scoffed and looked away. That stupid, old, perverted…Iruka then thoughts of ways to kill the sannin, even though he was obviously outclassed. During this, little Naruto had squirmed out of Jiraiya's lap and waddled his way over to Iruka. From his spot by the window, Kakashi watched the scene before him, smiling at how cute Naruto was unintentionally being.
 
Naruto raised his arms, signaling that he wanted to be held by Iruka- to which the genin complied. Iruka held onto Naruto protectively, as if it would ward off Jiraiya's perverted ways.
 
“Oi, brat, bring him over here. We haven't even gotten to the best part yet!” Jiraiya grinned at how Iruka's face turned red from embarrassment, or anger, either way it was funny.
 
“No! I'm not going to let you corrupt him with your dirty books! Stupid pervert.”
 
Kakashi sighed. Here we go…again… Jiraiya face got serious as he got up and pointed a glare at Iruka.
 
“I'm not just a pervert! I'm,” Jiraiya paused for dramatic affect and to pose,” A SUPER PERVERT!!”
 
Kakashi sighed, Iruka sweatdropped and Naruto stared at Jiraiya in confusion. Jiraiya stayed in his pose for a little longer before laughing it off. Iruka scowled at the sannin.
 
“Stupid old man,” the genin muttered. Kakashi looked up from his novel and swore he heard Jiraiya's eyebrow twitch. Iruka was in for it now.
 
“Old! You disrespectful brat! I'm not old; hell I'm not even forty!” Jiraiya had stomped over to Iruka and was poking the brunette's forehead. “Didn't your parents teach you any manners?”
 
Iruka snorted at that. Like it matters now what they think, he thought grimly. “My parents never said anything about respecting a pervert like you. Teaching babies about stuff like that.”
 
“Would you rather him learn on the streets? The streets are a horrible place to learn about this stuff. Trust me I know.”
 
Iruka just stared at Jiraiya in shock. “I-I don't care where you learned about it! I just don't want you reading your dirty book to Naruto!”
 
Jiraiya looked down at Iruka in confusion. “My book? I wasn't reading him my book.”
 
“Yes you were. I saw you reading it to him when I came in.” Iruka quirked an eyebrow at Jiraiya's shaking head.
 
“Stupid brat. Even I wouldn't go as low to read a baby that.”
 
“Then what were you reading to him?” Iruka didn't really trust Jiraiya. That was when the sannin produced a little blue book from his orange novel. The blue cover had a picture of a turtle on it.
 
“It's about turtles ok? And I was just reading to him the part when the turtle was eating a jellyfish.” (1)
 
Iruka stared at the little book in shock. Then something occurred to him. “If you were reading him that then why did you have in that other book?”
 
“Because I felt like it,” was the answer.
 
Deciding to stop this before it got ugly, as Iruka still held onto Naruto, Kakashi decided to draw attention to himself.
 
“What's in the bag Iruka?” he asked, locking his lazy gaze with the bag.
 
Iruka immediately looked at him in confusion before remembering his book bag. Iruka set Naruto down and crouched to the floor as he opened his bag. “I brought something for Naruto,” he said as he reached to pull something out.
 
The elder shinobi looked in interest as the genin pulled out a couple of plastic poles and a weird round thing with small, colorful balls in it. Iruka then began to connect the poles to each other before adding the round thing and a handle. When it was over the contraption looked like a small lawn mower.
 
“What the hell is that?” Jiraiya asked, tapping the thing with his foot. Iruka glared up at him. “It's a toy lawn mower. And don't cuss in front of Naruto.”
 
“Like he understands what I'm saying. What's it for?”
 
“It's to help Naruto walk better,” the genin answered as he handed the contraption over to Naruto. “I found it in my closet and decided to give it to him.”
 
Kakashi nodded slightly as he watched Naruto study his new toy. The little blonde had both his hands around the toy lawn mower's handle. Pushing the thing forward little Naruto gasped as the thing made a clackity sound. Looking to Iruka for help, little Naruto received a mall nudge forward from the older boy, causing another clackity sound to escape.
 
Realizing that the noise was ok, Naruto then started to slowly toddle forward with the thing. Soon the little blond was walking around the room pushing his new toy.
 
The others smiled at the baby, amused at how he played. Little did they know of what evil the toy would cause.
 
OOO
 
Clackity clack click clack clickity clack
 
Clickity clack click clack click click clack
 
Clack click clack clicki-
 
Raaargh!! I can't take this anymore!!
 
Jiraiya couldn't take it anymore. How was he supposed to work on his novel with that racket going on? He watched in contained anger as Naruto pushed around his toy, causing that insufferable noise. How was he supposed to work on his novel with that going on?
 
The sannin looked at the other occupants in the room. Iruka was reading some history book and Kakashi was just scribbling in some notebook. They didn't even seem to notice the noise.
 
Jiraiya turned away and looked out the window. How am I going to write with that noise going on? I am writer! I'm supposed to have complete concentration so I can give my fans something great. Jiraiya sighed, glaring at the outside world.
 
Clackity click click clack click clack
 
Clickity click clack click clack clack
 
Jiraiya started pulling his hair. Arrg! I swear I'm going to kill that thing! The sannin scratched his chin. But how?
 
OOO
 
Ah, lunchtime. The second meal of the day usually started at noon or a little after it. Yes, lunchtime was good, but for a selected few, lunchtime is hell.
 
“God dammit, eat it!”
 
Jiraiya growled at the baby, who was refusing to be fed the gooey slop called food. Kakashi had been called away on a mission and Iruka had to go train with his team, which left our dear sannin to baby-sit. He wasn't doing a very good job at it either.
 
Jiraiya put the spoon in the littler jar of pureed turkey, and crossed his arms over his chest. Naruto gave the sannin a glare, at least that what Jiraiya thought, which he returned ten-fold.
 
“Look brat, I know this crap is nasty but you have to eat it. If you don't it eat, then you'll starve and eventually die. And you know whose fault that'll be? Yours. Not mine, but yours.”
 
Jiraiya grabbed the spoon and held it up to the pouting lips. “So unless you want to die, eat.” Naruto looked at the spoon and then at Jiraiya, then his blue eye sparkled with mischief. Jiraiya was caught completely off guard as Naruto threw the turkey jar to the ground, contents spilling onto the floor.
 
Half an hour later, which was filled with yelling and cursing, Jiraiya was found mopping up the turkey mush as the Sandaime fed Naruto from a new jar. The baby didn't even put up any resistance as the old man held the spoon for him to eat. Jiraiya glared daggers at the blond as he finished up cleaning.
 
“You need to be gentler with him Jiraiya. He does not take kindly to those who yell at him.”
 
“He was behaving earlier this morning. I don't know why his attitude changed so quickly.”
 
“Maybe it was because those two boys were here. Or maybe it's your cussing.”
 
Jiraiya snorted as he threw the water in the bucket out the window. Someone from below yelled something at him. Oh well, they shouldn't have been standing there.
 
Sarutobi sighed as he wiped Naruto mouth clean of food. These kids were going to be the death of him some day. Picking up the baby he strode over to his former student and placed him in his lap. Jiraiya and Naruto blinked at each other as Sarutobi walked away.
 
“I have paper work to do. He might need changing soon.”
 
Jiraiya's mouth dropped to floor. D-Diaper change!
 
And as the Third predicted, Naruto did need a diaper a few hours later.
 
Jiraiya grimaced as he looked down at the squiggling Naruto. The baby looked up at him expectantly, wondering when the man would actually change his diaper. Taking a deep breath, the sannin reached down and undid the baby's diaper.
 
“OH GOD IT SMELLS!” Jiraiya jumped back as his airways filled with the foul smell. He gagged as he tried to get rid of the smell. Taking a deep breathe of clean air, the sannin once again looked down at the baby. He wiped the baby, and quickly threw away the used diaper, holding it out at arm's length between his forefinger and thumb.
 
Ok, I'm almost done. I just gotta give the kid a new diaper and that's it!
 
Jiraiya grabbed a fresh diaper and was about to put it on Naruto when…the baby started peeing on him! Jiraiya's right eye started twitching. Naruto laughed at the funny face Jiraiya was making.
 
Jiraiya screamed.
 
OOO
 
Iruka and Kakashi fell to ground in fits of laughter. Jiraiya had just finished telling them about his day with Naruto. The two instantly started laughing receiving glares from the pissed off sannin. Blissfully unaware of what was going on; Naruto was pushing around his toy lawn mower, creating that annoying sound that Jiraiya loathed to death.
 
Kakashi was the first to regain his composure and grinned smugly at the sannin. “Jiraiya didn't you know that you're supposed to change boys quickly? No wonder he peed on you.” Iruka laughed harder at that.
 
Jiraiya was royally pissed off right now. Two kids, who were both younger and of lower rank, were laughing at him just because he couldn't change a baby's diaper! And to top it all off that damn noise was back again! In his rage, the annoying sounds started to mix together.
 
Clickity clack click click clack
 
Clickity clack clcick clack click
 
Iruka's laughter
 
Clackity clack click click clack
 
Clackity click clack click clack
 
Kakashi's chuckling
 
Clickity click click clack click
 
Clickity click cl-
 
“Rawr! I can't take this anymore!” Jiraiya cried, pulling at his hair. Kakashi and Iruka froze staring at the man in confusion. Even little Naruto stopped his playing and was staring at Jiraiya. Suddenly, without warning, Jiraiya grabbed the toy lawnmower out of Naruto's hands and held out of an open window. Naruto started crying when h realized what happened; Iruka and Kakashi were trying to stop the crazed sannin from doing something crazy.
 
“Jiraiya calm down! Don't do anything crazy!” Kakashi cried.
 
“I'm gonna do it! I swear to God I am!” declared Jiraiya, as he held the toy further out the window.
 
“Waah! Don't do it! That's part of my baby stuff!” Iruka yelled.
 
“No! This is evil! IT MUST DIE!!”
 
Jiraiya was about to the let the toy go when someone cried out. “MINE!!”
 
Jiraiya stopped what he was doing and blinked. That voice wasn't Kakashi's or Iruka's, plus no one was down on the street at the bottom. Was it…no…could it really be…?
 
“MINE!!”
 
It was! That was Naruto's voice! But wait a minute, Jiraiya mused, Naruto can't talk…Can he? That's when he felt a small tug on his pants leg. Looking down, he stared right into big blue eyes and a mass of blonde hair. Naruto was glaring up at the sannin with his free hand reaching for his toy.
 
“Mine!” he cried again. Jiraiya blinked at the baby, then he pulled the toy walker back into the room and handed it to the baby. Naruto quickly scampered away with his toy, afraid that Jiraiya would take it again.
 
When Naruto was off on his own, Jiraiya looked at the two young ninjas for an explanation. Iruka and Kakashi were just as shocked as he was. Soon they all realized what had happened.
 
Naruto had just said his first word.
 
OOO
 
Done! Yay! Sorry this is so late. School started so I barely get to write now.
 
karin, Alcyone-blk, RockBane, NekoRaven, RukaIayLomperGay, Kaki-kun, Hitomi no Ryu, So-kun, tiggra, Fushigi Shonen, and omnikaze thank you all for reviewing! I really appreciate it!
 
Manatheron: What's sugar poisoning? X/ Hm, oh well. Thanks for compliment! XD
 
MalletWielderofDoom: Jiraiya is a smart man, he knows what ladies like. Lol. Yeah it could be both, I really don't know X/. It was your B-day? Happy (belated) B-day then! XD Yay!
 
ranma hibiki: Nooo!!! Not Barney!! *runs away screaming*
 
Tenshi-Tara: Ugh, thank you for the review, but please space next time. It hurts my eyes when I have to read stuff like that X/
 
devinewaterdragon: My chibi fics seem to kill a lot of people. Lmao. Awesome! I'll keep a look out for it, or you could tell me when you've drawn. I tend to forget things at times. X/
 
NekoAnime: I'm glad I was your first KakaIru fic. And yes it's all Iruka's fault for Naruto's behavior. This will continue for a few years and then jump to the beginning of the series.
 
I am so sorry this came out late! I have school and homework to do now, so updates will be slower. Sorry, I'll try to write faster.
 
RR!