Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lotus Blossom ❯ Chapter 7

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

(Akimis POV)
 
I watched Lee run towards the fight, no doubt to protect Sakura. I tried so hard not to show what was happening inside me.  The emotional state I was in. I was falling apart on the inside, but, tried hard not to let Neji notice, though that is not easy task, becasue he notices EVERYTHING. I could feel my heart tear in 2 piece. The sadness, one way love, and hurt hit me wave after wave, drowning me. I felt like I really was drowning. Unwanted tears flooded my eyes, making it hard to see. The waves of emotion drowning all thoughts, I had almost forgotten  how to breathe. My heart was racing like I had just ran a lengthy marathon. I jumped up higher into the tree, trying not to let Neji see me like this. I jumped to the top of the tree and willed myself to calm down. I used my air control to turn 1 eye into air and sent it to Lee. Even if he doesnt love me, I still want to protect him. He is everything to me, I would rather die, then to let anyone harm him.
 
(Neji's POV)
 
I watched Lee jump off ahead to help the rookie team. I turned to Akimi, who seemed like she was fighting  back the tears that wanted to be released. Whatever Lee did to get her love was beyond me, because he was hurting her deeply, whether he knew it or not.
She doesn't deserve this, the way he looks at that pink haired Sasuke fangirl, and ignore his own team mate like she doesn't exist. She shouldn't put up with this, and she didn't deserve this hurt he was unknowingly putting her through.
Her breathing got heavier, as if she had been sprinting for a week non-stop. I was worried she'd pass out, she started to get a bit paler then normal. I hated to watch her fall apart right in front of me. I wanted to comfort her, but I knew that there was nothing I could do to make her feel better.  I watched her as she jumped up to the top of the tree. I decided to give her some space, to allow her to relax. Then I jumped back up to her, in time to hear her gasp. 
" Whats wrong Akimi?" I asked her.
 
"Lee just passed out! There is no one to protect him." She told me. We rushed to our teammate. By the time we got there we saw 3 new rookies finish up the Sound Ninja. Ino....Shikamaru....and Choji. Stuckup girl.........Lazy Cloud watcher....and potato chip guy.
 
"We're here for our teammate."Akimi told The Leaf Rookies that were up (Naruto and Sasuke were out cold). We picked Lee up and left the spot, moving to a somewhat safer area. I gently laid him down in the grass, and Akimi took care of a few minor injuries he had gotten.
"Akimi, why do you love him? He is only interested in Sakura." I asked her, she looked up at me and sighed.
 
"He was always so nice to me when we were Academy students, the best of friends. When I was upset, he made me laugh. When I was hurt, he could make me forget my pain, and get me to smile. He was, and still is sweet, kind, gentle, polite, but he is also strong, quick, fierce....a great ninja. But now, even though I am on his team, he doesn't even seem to notice me. It's like I no longer exist. He has eyes only for Sakura Haruno......." She replied quietly. She jumped to a tree branch. "Stay here with Lee. Im going to get some water for us." She told me, jumping off before I could say anything.
I looked over at the Gai look-alike, laying in the grass, out cold. I was worried about Akimi, she should not run off like this. Lee did, and he was now unconcious. I used my byakugans to keep in eye on her. I saw her stop abruptly, pulling a kunai out of her pouch, and running out of my sight. I was about to get up to find her, but remembered that Akimi had asked me to stay with Lee. I sighed, hoping that she would be alright.
(Akimis POV)
 
I told Neji that I was getting water for us to drink, which wasnt entirely true, I needed to get away from my teammates. I knew this area very well somehow, like I had been here many times before. I heard a lot of noise several meters ahead of me. I grabbed a kunai out of my pocket and ran to that noise. There I saw that red head Sand Genin again, with his teammates. He had his hands raised in loose fists. I turn my gaze to the direction of his hands to see two Grass Ninjas in the air, sand surrounding them, making the only visible part of them thier heads. His fists clench and the Grass ninjas seem to explode, blood everywhere.
 
The Sand Genin left without even taking the Grass ninjas scroll. I hide until I can feel that they are very far away, and I cautiously to the bodies. They had a scroll alright. The Earth scroll. I grinned at the luck and grabbed the scroll, hiding it in my jacket. I ran to the river to get the water, and rushed to my teammates.