Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lotus Blossom ❯ Chapter 8

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

(Lee's POV)
 
I started to wake up, wondering where I was, and what happened. The last thing I remember was trying to protect Sakura-chan from those Sound Ninja. I sat up to see that we were in a field, and Neji notices me.
 
"Are you alright Lee?" He asked, not sounding like he even cared.
 
*Typical Neji.*
 
"I am fine, but where is Akimi-chan?"
 
"She left to get some water from us." He replied, watching the forest, waiting for her to return. I suddenly felt some vibrations in the earth; Akimi was sending me a message.
 
"Neji, Akimi-chan will be here in a minute." I told him, and he nodded, watching the kunoichi jump from a tree. Neji grabbed a kunai and threw it at her. With a simple flick of her wrist she turned the water into ice and used it to protect herself. He nodded again, as she sent the water back into its container. "WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR?!?! YOU COULD HAVE HURT HER!" I yelled at him.
"You shouldn't be so quick to let your guard down, Lee-kun." Akimi told me, handing me my canteen. I looked at her questionably. "He had to make sure that I am really me. We have enemies all over the place. Someone could of transformed themselves into me and tried to get the scroll or information from you guys. If I was unable to prove that I am who I say I am, then you two would have to fight me."
 
"Ok, I see your point." I muttered.
 
"Oh, and by the way... we should start making our way to the tower, as soon as Lee is up to it." She told us.
 
"What about the Earth scroll?" Neji asked. She grinned...and asked Neji to prove himself. Neji used a quick rotation jutsu. She nodded and threw something to him. His eyes widened. "How did you get an Earth scroll?"
 
"When I left to get water, I heard some low screams, and saw that sand genin with the gourd use his sand to kill a team of grass ninja. We need to be careful in the next Exam. I bet he will be there.....Gaara."
 
(Akimi Pov)
 
"Why?" Lee asked me.
"Well, I was returning here, when I heard to voices close by. I jumped in a bush, as a rock and saw Anko talking to the next proctor." I told them exactly what I heard.
 
(Flashback)
 
I hid in the bush and saw Anko talking to some guy that seemed to have a head cold.
 
"How many do you expect to pass this exam?" the sick guy asked.
 
"Less than half. Ibiki says that this is a strong group, but most of them lok like a bunch of maggots to me." She replied.
 
"If what Ibiki says is true, we might need to hold a preliminary round. 1 on 1 fights" The guy said. Anko gave a bloodlust grin.
 
"There are SOME strong kids in this test. I'd like to see them fight. There is one in particular in Kakashis group I want to see."
 
"Sasuke..." Sick guy thought out loud.
 
"No doubt he will make it to the final round, eh Anko?" He teased.
 
"You got that right Genma."