Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lotus Blossom ❯ Chapter 9

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

( Lees POV)
 
"Well, seems like we are one step ahead of the others" Neji states. Akimi nods.
 
"No one else seems to know yet." She replied. I decided to stand up, and stretch.
 
"Well, let us be off then! We shall be there by nightfall!" I told me teammates running through the trees. I heard Neji scoff and Akimi giggle.
 
*Akimi-chan has such a lovely laugh*. We jumped from tree to tree, as they were trying to keep up with me. We finally made; out of breath. And, if can you believe, we made it with two hours before nightfall! We walked into one of the rooms, and saw a scroll on the wall that had writing.
"If qualities of heaven are your desire, acquire wisdom to take your mind higher. If qualities of earth are what you lack, train your body, prepare to attack. If heaven and earth are opened together, the perilous path will become righteous forever. This is the-something-way that guides us from this place today.”
 
"I think we're suppose to open the scrolls now." Akimi replied. Akimi and I opened the scrolls together. They started smoking.
 
"Toss the scrolls! It's a summoning!" Neji called, and we quickly threw the scrolls from us and jumped back, ready to attack if we needed to.  The white smoke disappeared and I saw Iruka sensei...the teacher we had at the academy. He congratulated us on our success, and he explained the scroll on the wall.
 
"Heaven is referring to the mind, while the earth is your body.'If heaven is what you lack. Meaning if you lack intelligence, search for knowledge and prepare yourself for your missions. If you lack earth, or stamina, you must continue to train hard. If you have both traits, you can succeed even the most dangerous of missions." He explained, and then he disappeared.
(Nejis POV)
 
 
I watched Akimi as she watched Lee when Iruka sensei told us the meaning of the scroll. I wondered what she saw in him. He is nothing extraordinary. He isn't normal, even for a ninja. All he was good at is Taijutsu, and he cant even defeat me. He's weak, but I have learned not to say this when she is around because she is always defending him. But why? Why like a guy who is chasing after a hopeless cause, when there is a girl right beside him who is far better than that Sakura.
 
*I think I like her....no....I have Tenten. I love Tenten....but if this isn't love....what is it? Do I just like her as a friend? I worry about her like a friend would. Yes. That's it, she is just a friend. And I don't want to see her get hurt.*
 
We walked out of the room and were given a room on the 2nd floor from the top. The room was more like a small house, a small kitchen (but used only for snacks because there were buffets downstairs everyday), a sitting room a bathroom and three bedrooms. I chose the room on the left Neji got the one in the middle, and Akimi sat her stuff inside the one on the right. 
"Well, at least were safe now." Akimi says with a smile, her eyes checking out the room we will be spending the next three days in.
 
"Yeah, we might actually get to relax before the next exam." Neji says.
 
"Yes! Now, I just hope to see the lovely Sakura-chan soon! I shall wait night and day for her!" Lee said excitedly. I hear a quick gasp and I see Akimi run into her room, locking the door behind her. I glared at Lee.
"What's your problem Neji?" Lee asked with a little anger in his voice, as he noticed the glare I was giving him.
"I could ask you the same thing." I growled, walking into my room to meditate. I thought about trying to comfort Akimi, but I knew that she needs her space like any other girl. I could hear a few quiet sobs and used my Byakugan to see her lying on her bed crying.