Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lotus Blossom ❯ Chapter 12

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

(Akimis POV)
 
 
"Guys. I think it is time for us to think about how we are going to do the third exam." Akimi started.
 
"What do you mean? Can't we just work as a team like we did here?" Lee asked.
 
"Don't you remember that the next test is '1 on 1 fights'? We can't team up and help each other. We have to prove that we can fight alone if we need to. As a chunin we aren't always going to have a team to help us. We might have to fight alone, and there is also the chance that we might next to protect our comrades if they need it." Neji replied. I nodded.
 
"And there is no doubt in my mind that It is going to be only the toughest of ninja. We need to be prepared for anything." I stated. "We don't know who we will have to fight, and we need to be careful."
I see. This is what a true mission is about. We don't know who our opponent is. What their fighting style is, their moves. The uncertainty. Just like a mission will be like for a ninja." Lee stated.
 
"I believe this is all the Chuunin exam is. A big mission." I looked thoughtful. The guys turned to me confused.
 
"What do you mean by that?" Lee asked, Neji was trying to figure it out. I sighed.
 
"The first Exam. Remember what Ibiki told us?" I asked them. "The example he gave us?"
 
(Flashback)
 
"Let's say you guys become Chunins. Your mission is to steal a secret document. And of course there are traps set all around you. You are in an unfamiliar territory. Enemies hiding all around you. You don't know how many there are. You don't know what their styles and attacks are. You don't know what traps they have set up and where. So what do you do? Can you avoid these dangerous missions? NO! These are the things Chunin captains face on every mission. The ability to be courageous, and survive any hardship. These are the traits of a chunin." Ibiki told the 78 genin in that room.
 
(End flashback-Akimis POV)
 
 
"Yeah, so?" Neji asked.
 
"Well, what if this whole thing is a mission? The whole Exam?" I asked them. The boys glanced at each other, neither of them getting my point. I sighed again...perhaps they are not awake enough yet to be thinking like this. "The first Exam, we had to gather information. The second, we had to steal scrolls from other teams. Then next we have to fight. This is looking exactly like the missions my parents have told me stories about. My father had a mission once where he had to go to the Hidden Cloud Village to gather information and steal a couple of important forbidden scrolls they had taken from us. There were about 20 ninja around my father and his team, ready to ambush them. They had to fight under the same unknown circumstances we are having in these exams. They fought, and got the scrolls back here. It's the same thing!" Neji and Lee looked like the figured out exactly what I was saying. And we each decided to spend the next three days coming up with our own plans, and training. We went to our own rooms and started brainstorming.
 
(Lees POV)
 
I went to my room and took out all the notes I had made while Gai-sensei was training me. I had notes on taijutsu, speed, and all of the techniques he taught me. I also had all of the notes on how to get girls, and the dating advice I got from my sensei. I looked over each of my notes and trained hard in my room, doing pushups and sit-up. Kicks and punches. It was about three hours into the training when I decided to think about my how I will fight, depending on who I am to fight. But I found this to be impossible. There is no way for me to figure out what kind of moves would work against whom. So I decided to think about the strength of each of my attacks.
 
(Neji POV)
I already knew my fighting style. So all I had to do was train a bit, and think about the exams. But then my mind began to wander back to my teammates. And the whole love thing that everyone seemed to be having problems with.
Everone seemed to be interested in the wrong person. It is a never-ending cycle in the Leaf Village for the Genin...but there were a few that are left out of the mess. I am one of the few not in this love mess. Then there is also that lazy boy, Shikamaru Nara., and the bug boy, Shino Aburame. After this Exam thing is over with, I'm helping Akimi get Lee and Hinata get Naruto. Then maybe I can find the decent girl destiny has in store for me.
 
(Akimis POV)
 
I know I have a good advantage no matter who I have to face. Having what my mother calls "Rainbow Chakra" which simply means I can do elemental jutsu with any element, not just my naturally stronger lightning based. But I can use moves like Rasengan, Fireball, Earth Dragon and, Ice Twin Dragon Blizzard.
Also, being a Tatsuku gave me the advantages to use nonjutsu attacks, water bending, lightning control, throw boulders around and such, but there was one thing about my fighting style that was making me mad. I have a hidden ability...but I have no clue what it is or how it could help me in a fight. I should try to awaken it before the final exam. I started working on my water bending, earth bending, lightning control and air bending, making some awesome techniques. I trained myself until I feel faint or too sore to move, in which case, I'd take a break, get some water to rehydrate myself. Sometimes, Lee or Neji would come out of their rooms, Lee usually would be to the point of passing out. Neji would usually just have headaches. And we would talk while we're taking a break. I knew that our three days here would be over quick.