Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lotus Blossom ❯ Chapter 13

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

(Akimis POV)
 
The end of the 2nd exam came sooner than I expected. I looked around the tower with Lee and Neji, seeing only a few teams here. That Sand team was here, as well all 3 rookie teams, those Sound ninja, and another Leaf Team.
 
"There are more people than I expected." Lee started. I nodded.
 
"21 people in all, and most of us are Leaf Ninja. And those Sound ninja are here..."Neji trailed off.
 
"The beautiful Sakura is here too!" Lee excalimed. I turned away from the hopeful, loving look in his eyes as he stared at the pink haired girl. Neji put a comforting hand on my shoulder. I looked up and smiled half heartedly at him.
 
Just then the Hokage popped up with all of the senseis. He started talking, though I could not pay much attention. My thoughts were on my unrequited love for my teammate. I wished Lee would notice me, look at me like he does her. Even if it was once, I could be happy.
A sick looking man stopped the Hokage, asking to speak. The Hokage nodded, and the man told us that we needed to pass a preliminary test before moving on to the final exam. There were too many of us left, and we would have to fight against each other in order to move on. It would be 1 on 1 and the winners will go on to the final exam.
 
A computer turned on and randomly drew names for the first match. It was Sasuke and some ninja named Yoroi. He was on that Kabuto guys team...Kabuto wasnt here for the matches because he decided he was in no shape to fight without rest. Sasuke won, then Kakashi took him somewhere to take care of something.
 
Next was between Shino Aburame, a bug user, and that Sound ninja with the broken arms (thanks to Sasuke), Zaku. Shino won using his bugs to stop Zakus attacks.
 
Next was Sand Ninja Kankuro, and Leaf ninja Masumi. He used his puppets to beat her.
 
Sakura and Ino fought next. Lee was cheering Sakura on. Ino used her Mind Transfer jutsu, to make Sakura quit, but she overcame it and stopped her.  They both ended up passing out, meaning that neither of them made it to the finals.
Kiba and his dog were next, fighting Naruto. The thing I found interesting about these 2, were that they both want to be Hokage. Naruto won by transforming into Akamaru, making Kiba think the real dog was actually Naruto.
 
Then it was time to watch the Hyugas, Hinata and Neji. Neji won by putting Hinata into Cardiac arrest. He went to attack again, but Gai-sensei, Kurenai-sensei, Kakashi-sensei, and the proctor stopped him.
 
It was Lees turn, fighting the Sand ninja, Gaara. I was worried about Lee, but I cheered him on. He lost, getting his arm and leg crushed by sand. Gai-sensei stopped Gaara from killing him. I watched, fear in my gaze as Lee was taken to the hospital. Gai came back up to us.
 
"Is Lee-kun going to be okay?" I asked him, worry in my voice. Gai gave me his 'nice guy pose'
 
"Of course he will be Akimi!" He told me. I smiled at his enthusiastic exclamation. I watched as Choji went up against Dosu, the last Sound ninja. Dosu won.