Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lotus Blossom ❯ Chapter 14

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

(Akimis POV)
 
After the last match was over Lord Hokage came forward to talk to the remaining Genin. I wasn't paying much attention, being too worried about Lee. I did hear that the 3rd exam was going to be in one month. Then the proctor came up and showed us a sheet of paper to tell us who we were to fight.
 
I was up against Shikamaru, and Neji had to fight Naruto. His match was first. That Gaara kid was up against Uchiha.
 
*Good luck fighting him.* I fought back a snicker, personally glad I wasn't fighting him.
 
I ran the second we were dismissed. I jumped from rooftop to rooftop until I made it to the hospital. I waited a moment to catch my breath, then entered the building.
 
I saw Gai-sensei talking to a nurse. I walked up to them and he turned and greeted me.
 
"Akimi! Are you here to see Lee?" He asked. I nodded.
"Lee and Hinata. How is he sensei?" I asked.
 
"He's resting. Would you like to see him?" The nurse asked me politely. I nodded and she led us to his room, pointing out the room where Hinata was in for me. We walked into Lee's room and I sat down in the chair by his bed.
 
"You should let your parent's know where you are so they don't get worried." Gai-sensei told me.
 
"I sent out a few Shadow Clones out on my way here. I ordered one to go to my mother and let her know I was visting friends." I told him.
 
"A few? Where did the others go?" He asked. Just as I was about to answer, 2 of my clones came in. One was holding 2 Lotus Blossoms, the other, a bowl of water. I put the bowl on the bedside table, and the blossoms on the water. I smiled to myself, which turned into a frown.
"I hope he gets better soon, so he can continue working on his goal." I said quietly, watching his sleeping form.
 
"Worry not Akimi! He will be up and training in no time!" Gai-sensei exclaimed.
 
I thought about his goal, to become a splendid ninja, only relying on his taijutsu.
 
"Akmi, why don't we go to Ichirakus?"
 
"Go ahead without me sensei. I want to visit Hinata-chan for a little bit." I replied. He nodded and left without another word. I stood up.
 
"Please be alright Lee. I wan to see your smile again." I whispered softly, and left the room.
(Lees POV)
 
I heard a voice so soft and sweet. I tried to open my eyes, but I couldn't move them. I tried again, and they opened. I allowed my eyes to check my surroundings.
 
*I'm in the hospital. Why?* I thought to myself, then I remembered by fight with Gaara.
 
From the corner of my eyes, I saw a bowl with two lotus blossoms in it. I knew then that Akimi came to visit me; she is the only one that knows they are my favorite.
 
I felt tired, so I allowed sleep to take me once more. I began having sweet dreams of Akimi and Sakura.