Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lotus Blossom ❯ Chapter 15

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

(Akimis POV)
 
I walked into Hinatas roo next door to Lees. She too was resting peacefully. I got a vase of water from my final group of shadow clones, and put the 2 lilies I got for her in the vase. I knew they were her favorite. I had been friends with her for a long time. I was one of the few outsiders Hiashi-sama allowed into the house. I helped her and her little sister, Hanabi out with their kunai training, and in return they helped me with chakra control.
 
I knew all about her struggles, her fathers' dislike of her, and how she trains hard to gain his approval. I knew about the conflict between the main household, and the other parts of the clan.
 
Neji used to hate me because I was friends with his cousin, but that changed when we were put on the same team. He told me why he hates the main branch, about how the side branches serve the main household, and about his fathers death to protect his older twin brother; Hinatas father.
 
I guess I'm the kind of person people open up to. The kind of girl everyone feels comfortable around. Or, at least, that is what it seems like.
I heard a noise coming from Lees room. I rushed inside to see nothing out of place. I let out a sigh of relief and sat by his bed. Then the door opened. I turned around, expecting Gai-sensei. But it wasn't him. It was Gaara.
 
I put a barrier around Lees bed and stood up as he entered the room. I held my arms out, protecting my teammate.
 
"Move" Gaara said, with no emotion at all.
 
"What do you have against Lee?" I asked, standing my ground.
 
"Nothing. I just want to kill him." He replied.
 
"Don't kill him. Kill me instead, but leave him alone." I cried out. He shrugged and brought his sand to wrap around me tightly, lifting me into the air. He was just about to close his fist when a shadow stopped him. I thought I saw Shikamaru and Naruto. The sand tightened its grip on me and all I saw was darkness.
(Gais POV)
 
I had just gotten back to the hospital when I heard commotion in Lees room. I rushed to find that Gaara guy, and two rookies, one being that Naruto kid. Who was holding an unconscious Akimi.
 
"What happened to her?" I asked the boys, as I took her and gently laid her on the couch by the window.
 
"She was protecting Lee from him and almost got killed." The Nara kid, as I guessed from his jutsu, told me.
 
A nurse came in to check on Lee and Akimi. We all left the room.  The Sand Genin turned to leave.
 
"I will kill you all, just you wait." He stated, before walking out. The nurse came out of his room. I asked her how Akimi was.
 
"She just has some bruising on her chest and upper back. She'll be sore for a while but otherwise be alright." The nurse replied. and we went back into the room. Akimi was still resting on the couch, a sheet pulled up to her chin.
 
*She was protecting Lee. Is it just because they are friends? Or is it something more?*
 
(Lee's POV)
 
I slowly opened my eyes and saw Gai-sensei talking to a nurse. My eyes scanned the room, and I found Akimi sleeping on the couch.
 
"Akimi-chan?" I call quietly. She doesn't answer but, Gai-sensei turns around.
 
"Let her rest Lee...How are you feeling?" He asks.
 
"It hurts a little, but I'm alright." I replied. "Is Akimi-chan alright?"
 
"She'll be fine Lee." He answered. I watched her as she opened her eyes, wincing as she sat up.
 
"How do you feel Akimi?" Gai-sensei asked.
 
"Sore." She replied.
 
"What happened Akimi-chan?" I asked her, concerned.
 
"Gaara came here, while you were resting." She replied.
 
"What did he want? I asked, noting her body shaking slightly, as if she were a little cold. She looked up at Gai-sensei, who simply nodded.
 
"H-he wanted to k-kill you. When I asked why, he said he just wanted to. I stopped his attack, and Naruto and Shikamaru helped me." She answered.
 
"You took on Gaara......to protect me?" I asked, wide-eyed. She nodded and blushed. I suddenly felt new emotions, as I saw her blush.
 
*She's even prettier than Sakura-chan. Wait, what am I thinking? She could never feel that way for me!*