Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lotus Blossom ❯ Chapter 17

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

(Gais POV)
 
*I wonder what is up with Akimi* I thought as I made my way to the hospital. I walked through the village, thinking about how Akimi protected Lee against Gaara yesterday. I walked into his room to see Lee staring at his hands, deep in thought.
 
"Morning Lee." I greeted him. He looked up.
 
"Good Morning Gai-sensei! Uh, where is Akimi-chan?" He asked me.
 
"She should be here in a few minutes. She said she had to make a quick stop somewhere before she gets here." I replied.
 
"Alright, since she is not here yet, I need to ask you something sensei." He looked up at me.
 
(Inos POV)
 
I was sitting in my familys flower shop, bored out of my mind. It was early in the day, only 10 AM. The door opened and I saw that white haired girl who was on Rock Lee's team.
 
"Morning Akimi." I greeted.
 
"Morning Ino." She replied, looking at the flowers. She picked one up, but I didn't see it until she brought it to the counter. It was a white Lotus blossom.
 
"Are you visiting Lee today? I asked, and she nodded, blushing lightly. I gave the genin her change and watch her leave.
 
"See you later Ino!" She called on her way out.
 
*I think she has a crush on that bushy browed teammate of hers.*
 
(Lees POV)
 
I had just finished telling my sensei what has been going on in my mind, and he was smiling at me.
 
"You should tell her Lee. I have the feeling she feels the same." He told me as there was a knock at the door. A nurse came in to check on me.
 
"You may leave today after 2:00. You might want to stay with someone. A friend or relative?
 
"We'll find someone to help him." Gai-sensei told her.. She left as Akimi came in with another Lotus Blossom.
 
"Good morning Lee-kun. How are you today?" She asked me smiling.
 
"Great Akimi-chan! In fact I can leave later today. I just need to find someone who doesn't mind helping me around." I replied.
 
"I could call my mom and see if you can stay with us." She offered.
 
"That is an excellent idea Akimi-chan!" Gai-sensei grinned at her. She stepped outside to make the call. Gai-sensei told me to tell her when she came back in. I nodded, blushing a light pink. I just knew she was going to reject me like any other girl. She came back in smiling.
 
"My parents are happy to help. They said you can use the guest room." She told me. Gai-sensei slipped out of the room to give us some privacy. I silently give a nervous gulp as I tried to think of a way to tell her
 
"Thank you for helping me, Akimi-chan."
 
"You don't need to thank me Lee-kun." She told me, giving me a gentle hug. I decided to tell her.
 
"A-Akimi-chan?" She turned to me. "I-I don't want to ruin our friendship, but....I-I." I trailed off, to embarrassed and nervous to continue. I suddenly felt two warm hands on my cheeks and her soft lips press against mine softly.
 
I was to shocked to move a muscle. She must have taken my reaction as rejection, because she started to pull away. So I wrapped my arms around her to pull her back to me. I kissed her just as softly as she had, and she returned the kiss. We pulled away for air.
 
"I love you Lee." She whispered softly to me. I smiled at her and took her hand in mine.
 
"I love you to Akimi-chan...W-will you b-be my g-girlfriend.? I asked her, nervously as I waited for her answer. She smiled at me and kissed my cheek.
 
"I'd love to be your girlfriend Lee." She replied. A grinned at her as I held her close. Gai-sensei came back in a few minutes later to see us holding hands. THe 3 of us talked for a while.
 
"It's 1:30 Lee-kun. Do whatever you need to to leave. Let me know when your ready." Akimi told me, getting up. I smiled at her.
 
"Alright Akimi-chan. And thank you for helping me." I gave her a kiss on her cheek and she blushed and smiled back.
 
"You're welcome." She replied shyly, sounding like Hinata-chan. I chuckled lightly causing her to blush more. She left the room.