Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Love Long Forgotten (KakashixOC) ❯ Returning Home ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

RECAP…
 
(Chiori's Point of View)
 
Ever since that day, I started getting these strange dreams of a tall, silver-haired boy who seemed to be about 17 or 18 years old. If he was truly a boy from my past, he must be around his mid 20's by now.
 
I wonder what his name is… I wonder if he cared for me… I wonder if he would remember me if I were to ever meet him again…
 
Yet, despite my curiosity, I couldn't help but think of Loki.
Loki… my family, friend, and only acquaintance. Loki… the one who rescued me… the one who named me…
 
But I need to tell him… I need to tell him that I want to go back to Konoha and search for my past…for that man…
 
I need to tell him that he can't come with me…
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
Chapter 6: Returning Home
 
*** Right after Team 7's genin test with Kakashi…
(Naruto's Point of View)
 
“Oii~ Sakuraa channnn!! Wait for me!! Oii!!!” I yelled to the pink haired girl a few feet ahead of me.
 
Why am I always the one left behind?!
 
Finally catching up to Sakura and Sasuke, who were both eyeing me with amused looks on their faces, I bent down and held onto my knees gasping for breath.
 
“Oh geez, Naruto… why can't you be normal for a just a moment and be quiet! You're always yelling and screaming here and there… and you've got mud on your face!” Sakura reprimanded me, hands on her hips tapping her foot on the sandy floor.
 
“Tch… idiot.” I heard Sasuke mutter, turning away and starting down the road back to the village.
 
Frustrated, I yelled down the road
“What did you say?! Sasuke!! Get back here you stupid!! HEYY!!”
 
*SMACK*
 
“Ittaii~!!”
“Shut up Naruto! Don't call Sasuke-kun stupid!! You STUPID!! … Sasuke~ wait for meee~ Sasuke-kunnn~”
 
Sakura skipped to Sasuke's side, grabbing his arm and prancing around.
 
“Shit… that Sasuke is gonna get it one day… BY ME! Yea, once I turn Hokage I'll tell him who's boss. Haha!! Yea that's right, Sasuke!! I'll tell yah!! Hah!” I said at the top of my lungs, fist in air facing the monumental stone with the Hokage's face carving.
 
“I'll get there one day… you'll see…”
 
I felt a grin spread across my face as I reached for the sky and clenched my fists in the air with determination.
 
Suddenly, I felt people beginning to whisper and look my way with strange expressions, wondering what that orange-suit kid was doing…
 
Hehe…I guess I look pretty weird right now…
 
Looking around at villagers, I quickly scratched my blonde head, messing my hair up and quickly ran down the road to catch up with Sakura and Sasuke.
 
“Oii!! Waitt~!!”
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
(Sakura's Point of View)
 
It was around 8 pm, and I could see the moonlight directly overhead the bridge hitting the water below, seeming to emit a bright, silvery glow over the ripples.
 
“Where are they…? I told them to meet me here 30 minutes ago so we can have a little celebration of our becoming genins…”
I leaned over the edge of the bridge, staring into my reflection.
 
You've just begun, Sakura. You're gonna be a great ninja in no time…
 
I smiled to myself, thinking about the day and how strange Kakashi sensei's exam was…
 
Friendship…who knew it was so important in the life of a shinobi…
 
 
*FLASHBACK*
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
“You all pass”
Kakashi sensei said, leaning over the three of us smiling with his curved eye.
 
“Huh…?” I said, confusion beginning to take over.
I looked over at Naruto and Sasuke, seeing that they too had confused looks on their faces.
 
“You all pass” repeated Kakashi sensei, with a satisfied tone of voice.
 
“Pass? Why?”
 
“You three are the first… Students I had previously were blockheads who just listened to what I said. `Ninjas need to think beyond the normal'
“In the world of ninjas, those who break the rules are called scum…
but those who don't take care of their friends are even worse scum.”
 
I gaped in surprise, staring up at my tall, silver-haired teacher. He seemed so lazy… so careless… what a surprise. He was actually pretty cool. I felt my eyes light up as a big smile erupted on my face.
 
“…He's… he's kinda cool…” Naruto sniffled, tears starting to build up and snot drooping down his nose.
 
“The training ends here. Everyone passes!”
Kakashi sensei flashed us the `nice guy pose', thumbs up and grinning through his curved eye.
“The 7th group will start doing missions starting tomorrow!”
 
“Yatta!! Yes sir!!” I cried, jumping up and down.
“tch...” Sasuke smirked, with a hint of relief and happiness in his tone.
“I did it! I'm a ninja!! Ninja!! Ninja!! NINJA!!”
 
“Let's go home…” said a calm Kakashi, turning, hands in pockets starting to walk down the road, an excited me and a cool Sasuke following.
 
In the distance, I could hear Naruto kicking and screaming.
“…oi. Oi!! HEY don't leave me here!! I knew it was going to end like this!! Oii!!! UNTIE THE FREAKING ROPE!!!!”
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
*END FLASHBACK*
 
“Oi, Sakura.”
A voice suddenly interrupted my thoughts as I turned to see Sasuke supporting a limping Naruto.
 
“Oh my Gosh, Naruto. What in the world happened?!”
Sasuke turned away, still keeping his grip around Naruto's arm, smirking.
 
“He he… Sakuraa chann… you see, I was just… uhmm…mm…”
“He was trying to catch a frog in the pond, but fell into a ditch and sprained his ankle… idiot…” finished Sasuke, with a satisfied grin on his face.
 
“Hey! Nobody asked youu Sasuke…” Naruto pouted, plopping down on the floor of the bridge.
“So Sakura-chaaann… why'd yah call us out here for?”
 
“Well, I just wanted us to spend our last day as academy students on this bridge where we first met to start our training. It's kind of ironic isn't it? So… I want to celebrate with this~ I made it especially for you… Sasuke-kun…”
I felt a blush creep through my cheeks as I pulled out a box full of Japanese deserts I had prepared all day after the training had ended.
 
“Oi… what about ME Sakura-chann?? I'm a genin now too, y'knoww! Right? Righhtt??”
“Oh.. yea, and you too.” I replied non-chalantly and a little annoyed.
 
He's always ruining the mood between me and my Sasuke-kun!!
 
“WHOOAA!! This is greaaatt Sakuraa-chann!! Awesome!! You're such a great cook… I wish Sakura-chan could cook for me everyday like this…”
I turned to see Naruto pigging out on my desert box, especially made MOSTLY for Sasuke-kun.
 
*SMACK*
 
“Ittai!!”
“NARUTO!! Don't be a pig! Stop eatinggggg~ Sasuke won't have any left if you eat them all you selfish buffoon!”
“Ah.. gomen… hehe” grinned Naruto with his cheeks puffed out.
 
 
A few minutes later…
 
(Sakura's Point of View)
 
I looked over the water sitting on the ledge of the bridge, slowly nibbling on a rice cake thinking…
“Hey, you guys. What was that with Kakashi sensei's training? It was a bit strange and eccentric… don't you think?” I asked, now turning to face Sasuke and Naruto.
 
“Yea, now that you mention it, it was pretty strange. Maybe Kakashi had some trouble with a friend or something a long time ago…? Who knows…?” Naruto replied, lying on his back rubbing his belly as he looked up at the stars.
 
“… Hmm… Maybe he disappointed someone or… let someone down because of problems with team work? Or maybe he feels responsible for something… someone not being here anymore. He did mention the names on the Konoha Memorial Stone with a bit of a sad tone in his voice. I wonder what happened…” I said softly, trying to think of other reasons.
 
“Our sensei probably has a lot of secrets that we'll never know about. It's useless to think about it…” said Sasuke coolly, he too was looking up at the stars.
 
“Yea… I guess. I wish I knew more about our mysterious teacher” I sighed as I turned my gaze to the night sky.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
(Kakashi's Point of View)
 
A soft rain began to fall as it left droplets of water on the glassy surface of the Konoha Memorial Stone.
 
“Hey, Obito. How's it going…”
 
Silence…as usual. Why do I always expect some kind of feedback? He's gone Kakashi, you have to accept it.
 
I placed a tired hand on the wet stone and let my fingers run through where the name `Uchiha Obito' was carved in; remembered as a hero… my hero.
 
“Obito… why am I always being saved? It's been 13 years since you've given me your gift, and I'm forever grateful…It's been 8 years since she's been gone and changed my life, and I still cant get her out of my damn mind.”
 
Rain patter…
 
“I could've saved her if I hadn't lost the will to… I could've gone out to find her, but I felt it was hopeless. People's words got the better of me… persuading me it was useless.”
 
Rain patter…
 
“She saved me… from loneliness, sadness, and regret. Her presence seemed to brighten up my gloomy life. Without her, I feel like I would have never been able to let you go. I would've been depressed over you until now, if not for her…
 
Rain patter…
 
“…but I couldn't even do a damn thing to save her…”
 
I slowly moved my hand up a few columns to where the name `White Fang' was carved in… my father.
Feeling the etches with my finger tips, I felt a pang in my chest.
*FLASHBACK*
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
Obito turned his head over his shoulder to look toward my direction, but not directly.
“I believe the White Fang was a true hero…”
 
My eyes widened, as I felt a pain erupt in my chest…
Father…
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
*END FLASHBACK*
 
“I know… he truly was a hero.”
I whispered to myself.
 
Everyone who has ever been close to me… my closest friends and family… have all gone.
But before she left, I didn't feel so alone. I didn't feel I had to blame myself for everything.
But without her, all the pains and fears of my past have slowly been returning.
 
I need her…
 
Something in me tells me she is still out there… but I'm too scared to look…
What if she looks at me with judging eyes?
 
Why hadn't I gone after her earlier?
 
Was I a coward?
 
Is she out there?
 
If she is… she would've come back by now. It's been 8 years Kakashi… It doesn't take that long for someone to come back home…
 
Thoughts rushed through my head uncontrollably.
 
“Why do I always think of her on rainy days…” I said, turning my face up to the cloudy sky, letting the rain hit my face as I closed my eyes.
 
“I know you're still out there somewhere… I can feel you, Chiori. You're just like the rain…”
 
Rain patter…
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
(Sakura's Point of View)
 
I felt a raindrop fall on my forehead as I strolled home with an empty desert box… which Naruto had licked clean
 
“Hehe… at least he liked it enough to lick the box. That Naruto…” I giggled at the thought.
 
“Well, I better get home fast before it starts pouring. I hate rain! It makes my hair all frizzy and so-” I stopped in my tracks as I saw someone place a hand on the Konoha Memorial Stone.
 
Tall… jounin jacket… silver hair… Kakashi-sensei?
 
“What is he still doing here…?” I whispered to myself as I slowly crept up behind a tree to watch sensei closer.
 
“Why do I always think of her on rainy days… I know you're still out there somewhere… I can feel you, Chiori. You're just like the rain…”
I heard Kakashi-sensei say in a low voice as he looked up at the sky letting the rain hit his masked face freely.
 
Chiori…? Who is that? Maybe Kakashi's friend? Girlfriend?
I paused at the thought
 
Maybe his… lover?
I felt a blush creep through my face.
 
What the hell am I thinking… I should mind my own business.
 
I slowly crept back into the forest and down the road towards home.
“Kakashi-sensei sure is a mysterious guy…” I said, wondering who this Chiori was to our teacher.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
(Chiori's Point of View)
 
I edged myself out of Loki's bed and wrapped my blanket around my shoulders as I slowly walked out into the hallway and into the large, richly furnished living room.
 
I felt my steps becoming more hesitant as I got closer and closer to where Loki was so I could tell him what I wanted to do… that I wanted to leave.
Guilt wasn't even the beginning of what I felt.
 
Loki had rescued me, sheltered me in his mansion, and took care of me as a friend and family member. He deserves to be happy… but I know that what I am about to tell him will break him. He doesn't deserve this…
 
What do I do…?
Is it better to stay here and forget about the man in my dreams…living a good life with a person who loves and cares about me? Someone who totally deserves to be happy with me…
Or…
Is it better to leave and search for my own happiness?
 
I clutched my blanket closer as I reluctantly walked towards the living room to where Loki was sitting down contemplatively on the couch in front of the crackling fire.
He refused to turn his face towards mine.
 
“Loki. I need to speak with you about something important…”
I said in a soft but stern voice. I sat down next to him, looking into the glowing fire.
 
“I… I feel like I should tell you… I'm slowly beginning to regain my memory. Not all of it, but some of it… about the silver-haired man.”
 
Loki's gaze went from the fire to his feet, bent over, elbows resting on his knees, hands folded in a thinking position under his chin.
 
“But… you don't even know him, Raine. What if he turns out to be some horrible guy… someone you wouldn't have expected? What if he hurts you? What if he -”
 
“No. I feel him in my dreams, and I feel that he isn't a bad person. All of the memories of him that have come back to me were of a friendship between us, nothing more. He wont be a horrible guy.” I said calmly, sure of myself.
 
“I don't think I could ever get over you… You're the only person I've ever felt love for in my entire life! How do you expect me to let you go?!” Loki's deep voice boomed throughout the large room.
 
I gulped. I didn't want to say it…
You have to say it… or he'll never let you go. You need to find your own happiness…
 
Placing my hand on his knee, Loki looked at me with his intense blue eyes that seemed to pull me in. I felt like I was in a trance, but I shook it off.
 
I gulped…
“Loki, if you love me… you have to let me go. I need to find my own happiness, my own love. You are my friend and family…” I said
“…nothing more.”
 
Loki's gaze turned to the fire once again.
“So this is what it means to sacrifice for love, huh?”
 
I remained silent.
“Let me ask you a question, Raine, before you leave? I don't want you to leave without being sure…”
 
“Anything…” I said, relief in my voice.
“Do you believe that you are better off knowing of your past than forgetting it, even if it is a horrible one? Is it even a past worth remembering?” he asked, a serious look on his face.
 
Am I better off knowing my past, or forgetting it? Is it even a past worth remembering?
Loki…you always know how to test someone. I know you're making sure that I'm making the right decision…and I know the answer that would satisfy you.
 
“A past is always worth remembering, no matter what kind of past it is or was. It's what will get me through life, since without my past, my future will be empty and meaningless. With my past, I can appreciate both my former life, as well as this life with you.”
 
“Thanks, Raine.” Loki said, smiling, as he pushed himself to his feet and walked towards my room.
 
A few minutes later…
 
I opened the front door, and faced snowy roads running through hills and mountains. There wasn't much wind, and the air was not too chilly. I would be able to make it through within a week.
 
“Raine, I'm sorry but I won't be able to come with you. I hope you understand…”
“Ofcourse. I thank you for everything Loki, I truly do.”
 
Loki, you've grown a lot. From a 16 year old boy to a 24 year old young man, I've seen you mature like no other.
 
I stepped forward and wrapped my arms around Loki's shoulders and tightly embraced him. I felt hot tears run down my cheeks as I buried my face into his strong chest.
He had always made me feel so secure.
 
“Loki. You've been like an older brother to me, and I love you like a younger sister would. Thank you.” I said, pulling myself away from him, tears still running down my face.
 
“Raine, don't cry. You're only making this harder on me.”
“Sorry...”
“Hehe… well, I guess this is goodbye then.” Loki said softly, as he reached up and wiped a tear from my cheek, giving me a light kiss where it had been.
I turned slowly after letting go of his hand, and made my way through the snow, back pack firmly secured.
 
“I'll think of you on rainy days…” I thought I heard Loki say in the distance.
 
Sayonara…
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -
Woohoo~ another chapter! Hope you guys like how its going so far. I cant wait to write about when Chiori finally gets to Konoha! FINALLY KAKASHI AND CHIORI together at lastt… <3<3<3
Well, stay tuned for more updates~ bai bai~
Leave comments dudes ;]