Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lyphard Melodie ❯ Lyphard Melodie ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lyphard Melodie
Naruto x Sakura
The minute she was about to say `yes' she paused.
What was wrong with her?
Isn't this what she wanted?
Uchiha Sasuke's proposal.
She frowned.
And turned away.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx< /div>
3 weeks earlier
Emerald eyes fired up in anger.
“What. Is. Wrong. With. You?”
Each word punctuated with her anger adding up to a strong prod of her finger against his chest.
He looked back at her innocently.
“But, but Sakura-chan!”
Her forehead twitched.
“What were you thinking?” she growled. “I could have handled it. But you just had to take it for yourself, don't you? What are you? Masochistic?”
“He could have hurt you Sakura-chan!” he reasoned back.
“Yes, Naruto, but I wouldn't have died. It is not a big deal.”
Silence.
His eyes were hooded by his blond hair.
`It's growing too long,' she thought absentmindedly. ` It makes him look more mature.
Older.'
“But Sakura.” She was snapped out of her thoughts by his voice. It was deeper, huskier.
Serious.
“What kind of man would I be if I couldn't even protect the one woman I love?”
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2 weeks earlier
“Stop it.”
He snapped out of his stupor and saw her standing over him in the sun, arms folded in front of her.
“ You were thinking about the Kuuybi. Stop it.”
He plastered a smile on…to have Sakura wham her fist on his head, eyes ticking.
“Don't even try. I know you too well.”
His shoulders sagged.
Sakura sighed and walked over to him, circling him into her arms.
“No one cares. You are you. No more, no less.”
Releasing him, she bopped her fist on his head softly.
He looked up into her eyes and found what he had sought ever since he was a child.
Affection, and more importantly, acceptance.
Heart clenching tightly in his chest, Naruto snatched her wrist and pulled her to him, pressing his lips softly against hers.
Shocked, she had only stared at his closed eyes.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1 week earlier
Uchiha Sasuke was back.
He made his intentions clear the minute he saw his pink haired ex-team mate.
She was the chosen one.
“Go to him Sakura-chan.”
His back was facing her.
His voice was strained.
His fists were clenched, knuckles white.
She stared at his shoulders.
When have they become so broad?
“Go to him Sakura-chan.” He repeated. “This is what you have wanted since you were 12 after all.”
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The door to his flat opened even before her fist made contact with his door.
But then, she had been standing outside for ten minutes.
She was hesitating, but for what, she had no idea.
But the mere sight of him, the wanting, hoping, longing that was shown clearly in his eyes made her heart twist in a painful way.
Her eyes welled with the strong emotion in her chest, even stronger than her feelings for Sasuke. Before she knew it tears that have been absent for four years poured down on to her cheeks.
Naruto reached out to wipe her face with his hands clumsily, at a loss, not knowing what to do as the girl cried silently in front of him.
Then his hopeless expression darkened into anger.
“TEME-”
He was cut short by soft hands pulling his face to hers
Her lips met his and long pale ivory arms circled his back.
Sakura buried her face against his chest and breathed in his scent and smiled.
“…When?” she murmured against his shirt. “When have I fallen in love with you so deep that even Sasuke cannot stop me? I fail to recall the second, minute, day or year when it happened. “
And then Naruto knew that he would live happily ever after.
Well, as happily ever after as he can be anyway.
Maybe it's `cause I'm so awesome?
Baka.
Fini