Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mission: Freak Out Kakashi ❯ A More Direct Approach ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here I go with another chapter to this fanfic! Hope everyone enjoys this!
 
 
 
:::
 
 
Mission: Freak Out Kakashi
 
Chapter 5: A More Direct Approach
 
By: Melissa Norvell
 
::
 
 
 
“What'cha laughing about Sakura?” A voice intoned through her thoughts, making her jump and nearly scaring the mess out of the young kunoichi.
 
It earned the one who produced it a backhand in the face.
 
The girl frowned, making an `oh hell' face and pausing for a minute, before turning around to see who it was. As her predictions came true, it was in fact, Naruto who was now holding his face with both hands.
 
“Ow!” He wailed. “Why'd you do that for, Sakura?”
 
Green orbs shone coldly. “Well, if you didn't go around scaring people, you wouldn't have gotten back handed!!”
 
“I was just wondering what was wrong, jeez!”
 
“Well don't!” She crossed her arms over her chest with a `hmpf'.
 
“You know, you've still gotta beat my joke.” The blonde smiled.
 
Sakura narrowed her eyes angrily as her eye brow twitched. “I'm just leading up to the real trick. I've had it planned all along! You can't rush these things, you know.”
 
Naruto rubbed his face. “Yeah, sure Sakura.”
 
“We'll see whose trick is better in the end!” Sakura smiled. `And maybe Sasuke will finally show me some respect!'
 
 
**
 
A lone eye scanned the horizon for the two missing teens. Naruto and Sakura had been gone quite a while. True, Kakashi did think that Sakura needed some time to cool off over freaking out over the whole indirect kiss ordeal and even he had to admit that it was strange…
 
He couldn't help but feel something after it had been made apparent. The jounin closed his eye and sighed to himself. It had been innocent enough…Or at least it started that way…And he was lonely…
 
Wait!
 
What was he thinking!? That was his student! He had known her from the time she was 12, and they had a pretty large age gap…Then again, they always say the perfect age gap of understanding is 10 years.
 
Another sigh was emitted as he heard a loud `I found her!' from over the hill, and followed by the yell an orange clothed boy was present.
 
“She'll be here in a few minutes, Kakashi-sensei!” Naruto stopped a few feet in front of his teacher, who looked at him and furrowed his visible eyebrow.
 
“Um, Naruto.”
 
“Yes, Kakashi-sensei?” The boy looked up at his teacher.
 
“This may be a bit of an odd question but, why is there a red mark on your face?”
 
“Oh that. I scared Sakura and she accidentally back handed me.”
 
“Hmpf! Dunce…” Came a third voice into the conversation.
 
A growling noise was emitted in response to that comment.
 
A few moments later, a red-clad figure walked over the hill at a slow pace. All eyes were on her as she slowly made her way back to the rest of her squad. The girl silently walked up to Kakashi, not uttering a word until she was positioned right in front of him.
 
A dark eye fell on the kunoichi.
 
“Um, Kakashi-sensei?” She asked, blushing a little. Sakura didn't think that she could look at him the same way again, the flashback of the incident running through her head.
 
“Yes, Sakura?”
 
“I'm sorry about earlier. I mean that was really childish of me, right?” The pink haired girl said nervously. “I mean, freaking out like that. What was I thinking!?”
 
Kakashi sweat dropped then produced his usual happy anime eye. “Are you sure you want to keep discussing this in public?”
 
He figured that she was embarrassed enough and talking about it in front of Naruto and especially Sasuke might just add insult to embarrassment.
 
“Eh? Oh, right. Actually that would be a lot better for me.” Sakura replied, looking at Naruto, then Sasuke, then back up at Kakashi.
 
There was a pause of silence, Sakura blinked.
 
`Now's you're chance! Kiss him in private! Besides, if Naruto can use Sexy no Jutsu at his house then you can get him in private and if it doesn't count, remind him that his attempt didn't count either! Cha!'
 
“Well, let's go!” The girl reached up and took his wrist, pulling him in the direction of a small clearing around some trees, and then smiled back to Naruto, who looked confused.
 
`Why did Sakura smile at me like that?' He pondered to himself, and then frowned. `Hey! I bet she's up to something! Well, she's not going to out do the Sexy no Jutsu! I'll just see what she's doing in there!'
 
Naruto took off in their direction, after making sure they were out of sight.
 
“What are you doing, Naruto?” A stoic voice halted him in his tracks.
 
“I don't have time for 20 questions, Sasuke.” He looked back at the dark haired boy, who leaned up against a tree trunk across the field from him.
 
“Didn't you hear them? They don't want you spying. Quite being so immature.”
 
`You know, he really annoys me…But I don't have time for him right now. If I stay and talk to him, I won't see what Sakura's up to.'
 
“Yeah, whatever. Bye Sasuke!” He kept going, jumping into the treetops.
 
Sasuke sighed to himself. `What do I care anyway? At least he's out of my hair…'
 
The blonde jumped through the treetops at a quick pace. `If I stay up here, they won't see me as soon.'
 
“There they are!” The boy said to himself as he saw the two figures talking below.
 
He perched on a tree branch a reasonable distance away and listened in, catching them in mid-conversation.
 
“I really am sorry, Kakashi-sensei.” Sakura replied.
 
“Its fine, Sakura.”
 
“No, it's not.”
 
“Sakura…I can understand if it offended you. It's perfectly understandable to feel the way you do. It's not becoming of a teacher and student.”
 
“Well, then I hope you can forgive me for this.” The kunoichi said, after gathering much courage over the course of time.
 
She pulled Kakashi's head in close, thinking that if she did it quick and got it over with there would be no guilt. Lips touched. She didn't pull down his mask, figuring that it would be very disrespectful and underhanded of her to do so at the moment, so she would have to deal with the touch of fabric.
 
She could hear her heart beating within her body, wishing it would just jump out of her chest so she wouldn't have to deal with the aftermath of what Kakashi had to say afterwards.
 
Sakura had no idea that a very joke could depend on a relationship with her teacher. She had to admit, the kiss was nice…It was warm and oddly comforting. She had never felt anything like it before; then again, she had never been kissed by anyone. Sakura had never found herself that attractive in any man's eyes and no one ever really wanted to kiss her.
 
In the recesses of her mind, Sakura never wanted the kiss to end; then again she wished it would to get the repercussions over with. After about 5 minutes she slowly pulled away from her sensei and turned her head away, blushing.
 
“Sakura…” She heard in a monotone voice, but with a little feeling in it to know that he was caught off guard by it.
 
The kunoichi didn't really want to know what he was going to say, she didn't even really want to look at his face, so she averted her eyes to the grass, not daring to look up.
 
“I'm sorry, Kakashi-sensei…Forgive me.” She took off running at full speed, wanting to get away from the situation as quickly as she could.
 
“Sakura, wait!” Kakashi extended an arm, then put it down and sighed. “Here we go again…” The jounin muttered to himself.
 
`I had no idea she really felt that way about me…Perhaps that's why she has been acting so strangely lately.'
 
Naruto was flabbergasted. He sat in the branch board stiff with eyes as big as paper plates. `I didn't really think she'd do it! Damn! She's catching up to me! Gotta play a better joke!'
 
Kakashi stood there a few moments in silence, pondering to himself.
 
Until a crack, thump and crash broke his thought pattern. He turned casually to see Naruto, grunting on the ground with a broken tree branch and a disarray of leaves around him.
 
The blonde laughed and put a hand behind his head. “Nice running into you, Kakashi-sensei! I was just passing through and-“
 
The jounin cut him off. “Spare me the lies. I knew you were there the whole time.”
 
The blonde's face hit the ground.
 
Kakashi looked back over to where Sakura had been as Naruto slowly got up and dusted himself off. He didn't know whether to let her cool off again, or go after her.
 
This time, he didn't think she'd come back.
 
So he made up his mind and used a substitution jutsu to go after her, leaving Naruto in the woods by himself.
 
 
TBC
 
 
 
A/N: Yeah, it turned serious there. The next chapter will be a little serious but this isn't going to be an angst filled fanfic. I'm trying to get over writing angst for a while, at least with these two. I've got two fanfics and I wanted this to be the opposite of Lessons in Shinobi Love, which has a dark cast to it and still keep in character. Please tell me I'm doing a good job!
 
Make sure to leave a kind review!