Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mission: Freak Out Kakashi ❯ A Sensei So Fair ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here I am again! Thank you for all of your lovely reviews! Please check out my newest story A Trick Gone Too Far. Also I co-wrote a story with Ohtori Akio called Beyond Your Control, also he wrote some drabbles called Of Romance and Kunai Knives and Blood on the Snow (AnkoZabuza). Please read these fanfics, the authors would be most appreciative of your reviews.
 
 
Now, on with the show!
 
 
 
:::
 
Mission: Freak Out Kakashi
 
Chapter 4: A Sensei So Fair
 
:::
 
 
 
Sakura made her way over to her eating sensei. The kunoichi looked down into her bento box and smiled. So it wouldn't be like Naruto's Sexy no Jutsu in the shower, but maybe it's the little things that made him think.
 
Kakashi sat in the grass, enjoying his food, yet still on the guard.
 
He was silent and motionless, which made Sakura a little edgy. Her body quivered with a sense of unease. The girl paused five steps from him, hesitating. She could feel her heart racing within the confines of her chest. She didn't know if it was the fact that she could get caught, or the fact that she was about to make a small move on her teacher, both in which were equally nerve wracking.
 
Though he was pretending to not notice, the jounin was full aware of who was behind him. He let out an almost inaudible sigh to himself.
 
`Now what's she up to?'
 
The jounin continued with his lunch, all the while keeping a careful eye on his student, who stood still behind him.
 
`Ok Sakura. You've got to do this! You can't just stand here or he'll notice you before long.' A determined look crossed her face as she gained confidence. `Gotta gather courage. Must beat Naruto! Yeah! I've got to beat Naruto, no fooling around! I've got to be brave…Think of Sasuke…Think of Sasuke!'
 
One foot in front of the other, she slowly began to walk over, the crisp grass barely making a sound under her careful footsteps.
 
Suddenly, a pair of chopsticks, holding a bit of food was positioned in front of Kakashi's face. “Hm? Sakura?”
 
“K-Kakashi-sensei…I can't eat any more. M-Maybe you'd like some.” Sakura told him shakily. “I'm not looking at your face, honest.”
 
“I know.”
 
`What are you doing Sakura! Quit being so shy! It's not like you love him or anything! You're just in it for the jokes and to show Naruto that you're not afraid!' her inner self berated. `He's going to think something's up! He's a jounin, an elite ninja! He's not dumb, he'll catch on!'
 
A tug at the chopsticks shook her out of her thoughts as green orbs widened. She knew that movement.
 
Kakashi had taken the food from her.
 
After a few seconds of silence, he commented. “You know, that's not too bad.”
 
“Thanks.” She blushed.
 
Then a tray was held up above his head. “Here, try some of this.”
 
“Oh…Ok.” She took some of the food and sampled it, sticking the tips of the chopsticks in her mouth. “Hey, this is great Kakashi-sensei. Can I have some more?”
 
“Sure.”
 
“Thanks.”
 
She took more of the dish, eating it happily. After the third bite of his food she paused, chopsticks in her mouth. Viridian orbs widened, hitting a realization.
 
A silence passed between them, all that could be heard was birds chirping here and there and the near silent rustle of the wind through the trees and their hair.
 
Sakura could hear her heart eat in her ear. It almost felt as if it were beating behind her face.
 
The girl could feel what seemed like a million butterflies flutter around in her stomach.
 
“Uh…” Was the only almost inaudible noise that she could muster.
 
“Hm? Something wrong, Sakura?” Kakashi pulled up his mask and looked over his shoulder, noticing the expression on her face.
 
After a few minuets of silence, he decided to make a smart remark. “You know, you look pretty funny with those chopsticks hanging out of your mouth.”
 
Sakura looked void and mechanically took them out, more going through her mind then through her expressions.
 
The silver haired jounin arched an eyebrow.
 
“Sakura?”
 
“I'm sorry Kakashi-sensei.” The pink haired girl took off running, dropping her food.
 
Kakashi brought his food back down in front of him, looking at it, then twisting back to see her running off.
 
`That's odd.' He thought, looking a bit confused. `Now what did I-`
 
His visible eye widened and he froze for a few seconds, and then got up slowly.
 
Fast foot steps raced through the grass. `I can't believe I did that! What was I thinking! I indirectly kissed my teacher! I don't even want to know what he's thinking about me! Stupid Naruto and his tricks! I should have never agreed to this!'
 
Her pace picked up. She just wanted to get away and she hoped that her teacher would just let her run. Sakura wanted to disappear.
 
Naruto and Sasuke were sharing a wonderful moment of silence when both of their heads turned to see their team mate running towards them.
 
“Sakura…” Sasuke let out, upon noticing her.
 
“What's she running from? Did she see some enemy ninja or something?” Naruto asked as Sakura got closer. “Hey she's headed right for us.”
 
He blinked, noticing that she wasn't slowing down or stopping.
 
“Sakura, I'm right- GAH!” The pink haired kunoichi knocked him down, stepping all over him.
 
Out of my way Naruto! I don't feel like dealing with you right now!
 
“But Sakura-!” Naruto lay on the ground, foot prints all over him from being trampled by the girl. “What did I do?”
 
Sasuke just sweat dropped.
 
“What was that all about?” The blonde boy sat up, rubbing his head and looking around.
 
A few minutes later, Kakashi showed up, looking thoughtful on something.
 
“Hey Kakashi-sensei.”
 
“Yes, Naruto?”
 
“What's wrong with Sakura? Did you see her run past like that?” Naruto asked, looking quite confused.
 
“She just got a little embarrassed, I think. She just needs some time to cool off.” Kakashi told his student.
 
“Embarrassed? About what?”
 
The silver haired jounin produced his usual happy anime eye and sweat dropped to himself. “I think you may want to question her in private about that.”
 
`Come to think of it, I should probably apologize as well. It was an accident, but I can't blame her for feeling a bit embarrassed about an indirect kiss. I feel a bit awkward about it myself.' The jounin looked up into the partially cloudy sky. `Well on the flip side…It could be worse…'
 
The pink haired girl fell on the ground, tripping over an offending stone in her way. She lay there, motionless for a while, pondering many things that went through her head.
 
`What am I doing!? He's my teacher! Well…It's not like it was nasty of anything…I mean…I've never really seen his face…He might be kind of cute…' She blinked. `What if he's better looking then Sasuke?'
 
Sakura shook her head. `No way! Nothing's better looking then Sasuke! No man can be that hot…Can they? But still, Kakashi-sensei is older then me…But not by that much…I mean…Okay, okay, so the indirect kiss wasn't that bad…It's not like I passionately kissed him or something. I mean boy would that freak him ou-`
 
She stopped herself. “That's it! That's how I'll freak him out! I'm so good!”
 
The kunoichi giggled gleefully to herself.
 
 
TBC
 
 
A/N: Sorry for the delay, I was thinking on how to write this chapter. I finally came to the decision to this. I hope everyone likes this. The next update will be sooner, I promise!