Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mission: Freak Out Kakashi ❯ Attempts ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I'm returning to writing after leaving for a while. Sorry for my lack of updates but I was informed that I had been flamed harshly so I had to deal with it. Thank for all for sticking behind me on my efforts.
 
I'm back and better then ever.
 
 
 
 
 
..
 
Mission: Freak Out Kakashi
 
Author: Melissa Norvell
 
Chapter 3: Attempts
 
..
 
 
 
 
There were several things that Sakura didn't want to deal with right after having her hopes in proving that she wasn't the weakest member of Squad 7 by beating Naruto in a prank contest. In her case, being bested by him right off topped that list.
 
Right now, she would have rather been sleeping in the hen house with all of those chickens she had just insulted in town.
 
It was time to learn their next level of training as shinobi, and Kakashi had a hard lesson to teach. As usual - it was Kakashi of him after all. In all of her time of knowing this man, though he offered training with a strict approach, she knew that it was for the better of the team.
 
This factor, however, would make it quite hard to pull a prank. Her hand was still injured, she figured that would be enough to ignite the fire, so to speak. All she had to do was “accidentally” hurt it again and maybe get her sensei to give it a little kiss.
 
“It seems you've got a plan, huh?” Her smiling face met with the blue of Naruto's eyes, seeing as they were face to face. “It still won't be as good as mine.”
 
“No, it won't.” Sakura admitted.
 
“Huh?” The blonde looked confused. “Giving up before you start. A wise choice, Sakura.”
 
“It'll be better.”
 
“What!?” Naruto crossed his arms. “We'll see about that! Go ahead! Make your move!”
 
Another voice cut into the conversation. “I think you should all be making your moves in training or we'll be here all day.”
 
It was Sasuke.
 
“Of,” Sakura blushed. “Of course, Sasuke. I totally understand. It's just that, Naruto was distracting me.”
 
“What?” The blonde huffed, crossing his arms and looking irritated, his blonde brow twitching in annoyance. “Why do I always get blamed for this?”
 
“See you Naruto.” The kunoichi winked and gave a taunting wave as she got to her training.
 
Training seemed to draw on with no real competition between Naruto and Sakura, until it was time to take a lunch break. As the three were going to get their bento boxes, an idea struck through Naruto's head. `I bet if I stole Kakashi-sensei's lunch, he'd have to share it with me.'
 
A malicious grin crossed his face and he let out a chuckle to himself.
 
“Hmm…” The pink haired kunoichi pondered as she saw the look on Naruto's face. `I wonder what he's thinking.' Green eyes went to her bento box and stayed locked onto it, as if she were concentrating on a single point, then they widened. She had caught onto Naruto's plan.
 
`I bet he's going to steal Kakashi-sensei's lunch. Well, not if I get to it first.'
 
She quickly sat down her box, and then took off towards the fourth lunch there. Her blonde opponent took off from the other side. As soon as they got there, hands grabbed either side of the box at the same time. There was a pause as the two stared each other down.
 
Dark eyes watched from a distance. `What are they doing?' Sasuke thought to himself as he opened his bento.
 
“Let go, Naruto.”
 
“No way, I'm not letting go.”
 
There was a low range of growls that could be heard from the two.
 
“Well, someone's being particularly greedy.” A voice intoned.
 
Both sets of eyes darted sharply to beside of them. There was Kakashi, standing between them and slightly to the side, just on the other side of the bento box they were fighting over.
 
“Just because I starved you doesn't mean it's time for payback.” Their sensei replied, taking the lunch box away from the two.
 
“It's all your fault, Naruto.” Sakura replied, muttering something under her breath and walking away, back over to Sasuke and her lunch.
 
Everyone ate quietly. Not a word was muttered and all that could be heard was chopsticks and chewing for a few minutes as all of them pondered to themselves on different things.
 
Sasuke was wondering what his team mates were up to. They had been acting strangely today and their currently rivalry was maybe even as bad as he and Naruto's. Dark eyes occasionally glanced at one of them, changing the person each time.
 
Blue and green eyes were locked on their teacher, who just sat over by the memorial stone, eating his lunch with his back turned to his students. Each of them figured that it was probably so they couldn't see his face.
 
They didn't want to risk getting in serious trouble with Kakashi, so they decided to stay quiet and ponder to themselves.
 
`What can I do that Naruto won't do?' The pink haired girl thought to herself as she chewed some salad. `Well, I could do a bunch of little things, but how do I know that Naruto won't try anything funny…' She glared at the blonde, sitting across from her, chowing down on cup ramen.
 
Sakura looked down at her food and noticed that she had one dish left. A smile crossed her face.
 
She ate her salad very slowly and occasionally looked over at Kakashi, who sat silently on the grass. Viridian eyes then cast glance to Naruto, who was looking into his near empty cup, trying to get the last of the noodles out with his chop sticks.
 
After what seemed like a few minutes, Kakashi got up and turned around, holding an empty bento box. He turned around, seeing Sakura standing beside of him.
 
“Yes, Sakura?”
 
“Kakashi-sensei, are you still hungry?” She asked, holding up the last of her bento box. “I couldn't eat this last dish, and I was just wondering if you wanted it.” The girl smiled at her sensei, hoping that he'd take her offer.
 
“Thank you Sakura.” He took the box from her and her smile widened a little. “But I'm a little full.” She frowned. “I'll eat it next break, if you don't want it then.”
 
“Alright.” The girl replied. `Damn it! Why did he have to fix enough food for himself!' Her thoughts cursed her.
 
“Well, what do you say we get back to training, shall we?” The silver haired jounin replied, sitting down the box on the memorial.
 
“I'm ready, what about you, guys?” Viridian eyes looked to the other two males, who were sitting there, silent.
 
“Sure thing.” Naruto jumped up, balling his hands into fists. “Let's go! I'm ready!”
 
The stoic Uchiha boy silently got up from his position on the ground and nodded.
 
Their next lesson had to do with chakra control, and as usual Sakura was the first to complete the lesson for that day, leaving Naruto and Sasuke to go up against each other.
 
The pink haired kunoichi sat on a rock and watched the two trying to get maintain their chakra control. She watched them as they darted around, and heard Kakashi give them helpful tips along the way.
 
After a few moments of watching them ideas began to turn within the clockworks of her mind. Many ideas flooded her mind on how she could `freak out' her teacher. She thought back to that morning.
 
The silver haired jounin was talking about how Naruto seduced him with the Sexy Jutsu in the shower. Kakashi didn't say he was freaked out, just that it was weird. Well, of course it would be weird! Naruto was a guy!
 
What if she pretended to hit on him by doing subtle things? It would be perfect! Kakashi was much more mature in age and status then she was. It would just be weird if he thought that she liked him.
 
She had never seen him with anyone, even when he was around the other teachers. None of them really had a crush on him. He and Kurenai seemed to respect each other, but he always made jokes about how she and Asuma should have went out.
 
But what if he was seeing someone?
 
Sakura knew that Kakashi was a terribly secret man. She knew little about him. There were many shades of gray.
 
The pink haired kunoichi had to reply on what she thought. She didn't think that he was with anyone. Most girls would squirm at his choice of reading material.
 
Plus, Sakura had always thought that he was kind of lonely…And he wasn't really that talkative either.
 
Viridian eyes gazed at the tall silver haired jounin.
 
Almost silent footsteps walked toward Kakashi. He turned his head to see Sakura standing beside him once more.
 
“Sakura.”
 
“Hi Kakashi-sensei.”
 
“Enjoying your time off?”
 
“I'm just waiting for Sasuke and Naruto to catch up.” She smiled.
 
“Why are you standing over here?”
 
Green eyes looked to her sensei. A glint hit them from the sunlight creeping through the tree branches above, casting a semi-serious tone about them.
 
“I thought you were lonely…I mean you looked lonely standing here.”
 
The jounin turned his head to look at the girl below him. He had a serious look on his face, visible eye cold and dark. `Sakura…'
 
“I'm fine, really.” He looked ahead, watching his two students.
 
Sakura sighed, but her gaze didn't tear away from Kakashi for a while. For a moment, she almost felt bad about playing tricks on him.
 
From the look in that visible eye, she could tell that he couldn't be with anyone to be lonely like that.
 
The two stood there in complete silence for a while, standing side by side. The only sounds that could be heard was the gentle winds blowing through the tree branches and grunts, groans and calls of her other two team mates.
 
Green eyes occasionally glanced at the silent man, his face chiseled into one expression.
 
The next time she looked over, he was gone.
 
“Huh?” Viridian eyes looked around wildly. “Kakashi-sensei?”
 
Finally she spotted him; he was sitting on the memorial, eating the rest of her lunch that she had offered to him hours ago.
 
When her eyes finally found him, they stuck to him for a moment, seeing what he was doing. Sakura allowed a small smile to creep to her lips as she gazed at her sensei, eating.
 
Then an idea struck her.
 
Now that Naruto's training, this would be the perfect opportunity to get a prank in on her sensei.
 
 
To Be Continued…
 
 
 
A/N: Wow, it feels good to be writing again! Sorry if this is a little short! I can't wait to write more on it and I have plenty of ideas for the next chapters. Thanks to all of my fans who kept me believing in myself and telling me that my stories are good (even if they weren't).
 
Please review!