Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mission: Freak Out Kakashi ❯ Mission: Date Kakashi? ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here's chapter 7. Wow, it's hard to believe that this fanfic has seven chapters now. I'm finally getting somewhere with it though. It's wonderful! I'm impressed with my reviews as well! I'm glad I could so this series justice.
 
Here's chapter 7.
 
 
 
 
Mission: Freak Out Kakashi
 
Chapter 7: Mission: Date Kakashi?
 
By: Melissa Norvell
 
 
 
Later on that day, after all of their training was done, Sakura began to feel uneasy before her so called `date' with Kakashi. The girl looked in the mirror at her reflection, those green eyes staring back at her in worry.
 
`You know…' She thought to herself. `Maybe this isn't such a good idea…I mean, what if Kakashi-sensei did think it was a joke. I'm kind of worried about all this. I think I'll end up calling off this contest with Naruto. I don't know about him, but I don't think it's funny anymore.
 
Especially the look on Kakashi-sensei's face when I asked him to go somewhere with me. I really didn't mean it like a date or anything, but he looked at me like he didn't want to believe I asked him that.
 
I don't know…
 
I never saw what was so wrong about asking someone to go out on the town with you. It's not like I'm going to kiss him on the lips or anything…I have to make it up to him! I'm going to make him feel better! No matter what! And Naruto isn't going to stop me!
 
I've got to think of a way I can still win the contest, and not hurt Kakashi-sensei's feelings.'
 
A flash of determination shot across green fields as she brushed her hair, making sure that it looked just perfect. Nothing was to be out of place for this special outing.
 
 
 
Sasuke and Naruto walked along, a silence was shared between them without the presence of Sakura, bouncing along and googling over Sasuke or beating up Naruto.
 
“Don't you think this is weird?” Naruto asked.
 
“What's weird?” Sasuke turned to acknowledge the blonde.
 
“I mean, isn't Sakura usually here? Talking to us?” He wondered out loud.
 
“Maybe she's busy trying to beat you at your game.” The dark haired boy replied, seeming uninterested.
 
“Heh, that's ok. I'll still beat her.”
 
“Kakashi-sensei is also missing. He usually accompanies us after training.”
 
“Yeah,” Naruto noted. “That's so weird…Maybe Sakura lead him away to trick him again! I've got to find them and see what they're doing!”
 
Before Sasuke could speak to tell him how childish he was being the blonde was gone.
 
 
Sakura walked down the streets of Konoha, the day seemed to be winding down and the number of people walking the streets seemed to decrease by the time she was out. The weather was fair and skies were clear, just turning orange with the newly setting sun.
 
The girl could see a figure among the small crowd of people. It seemed to be leaning against the wall casually, looking out toward the setting sun. As she neared, she could see that it was Kakashi.
 
At least he wasn't late…
 
Her face twisted into annoyance at that ever present factor.
 
She decided to slide up beside him and lean against the wall, hoping that he wouldn't notice her. Green eyes set sight on the setting sun, the golden rays illuminating her eyes in an enchanting sort of beauty.
 
“Beautiful sunset, isn't it?” Kakashi said calmly, nearly scaring the zoned out girl, who slid from the wall and began to fall. Kakashi caught her hand as he leaned forward, then the pink haired girl twisted a little, and her foot hit his, causing him to go down with her.
 
He tried his best to catch himself without landing on her. Sakura's feet slipped down between his legs, Kakashi landed on his knees, but his head was still plunging downward, but he managed to stop it before it went headlong into the girl's chest. His nose landed inches from its destination.
 
They both froze in that position.
 
Viridian eyes gazed up at silver spikes, watching the sun dance off of them as she took a few deep breaths. The spikes zoomed out to reveal a face. Both of them didn't speak. Their words had left them and couldn't be found again.
 
Sakura couldn't even begin to sort out her own feelings at the moment, much less the cryptic ones of her sensei.
 
“Are you alright?” Kakashi finally asked.
 
“Huh?” Sakura questioned, blinking as she was beginning to pull out of her daze.
 
“Are you alright, Sakura?” He asked again, thinking she had not heard him.
 
“I'm fine, just a little- shocked.”
 
The jounin moved away from her, still holding her hand and pulled her up with him. She blushed at him for a few minutes, and then spoke.
 
“Sorry about that, Kakashi-sensei. You scared me.” The girl said in an unsure voice, not really knowing what to think about their predicament.
 
“And you want to see what's under the mask.” He went happy eyed.
 
Sakura made a pouty face. “Don't say that about yourself. Besides, I have my own theories on what you look like.”
 
“Oh…” Came the amused reply.
 
The girl held her elbow in her hand and pointed up in the air, closing her eyes. “I think you look pretty good.” She nodded. “Yep, you have nothing to hide.”
 
The jounin gazed at her, completely silent, not sure of what to think on that comment, but on the outside, showing no form of disgust or excitement.
 
“Why are you so quiet, Kakashi-sensei?” The girl blinked. “Did I offend you?”
 
“It's nothing.” Kakashi tried to pull off the façade with a fake happy anime eye. “I was just thinking about something.”
 
“You're always thinking about something.” Sakura noted. “Thinking, reading and being late.”
 
“I suppose I am good at those things.” He sweat dropped.
 
“So, what do you want to do?” Sakura asked.
 
“Isn't this supposed to be your date?” Kakashi responded.
 
“Date?” She questioned. “About that…See I-“She started, but couldn't finish when she looked into his eye. “Ok, let's just say it is…Hypothetically…You wouldn't want to go out with someone like me anyway, right? So this would be more like a friendly outing…”
 
“Hypothetically.” Kakashi replied, being avoidant as usual. “That is, if it's hypothetical to you, Sakura.”
 
“Well I-“The pink paired girl replied, at a loss for words.
 
“So this wouldn't be a date, per se.” The spiky haired jounin replied, looking back at the setting sun.
 
Sakura said nothing to that comment.
 
“If you do this because you feel that you owe me something, then I won't try and stop you. Don't do it because you feel guilty for something that started out so innocently, especially if your heart lies elsewhere.” He advised.
 
Sakura could feel herself being torn in two different directions. She looked uneasy as a gloved hand was placed on her shoulder. She shyly looked up to the figure beside of her, who was casting her an understanding gaze.
 
A moment of silence passed between them as they did nothing but gaze into each other's eyes.
 
A surge of feelings began to take over her body. Sakura felt a rush of emotion as she tried to decipher them. She felt like she didn't know him, but she felt like she knew what he was about. It seemed wrong, but it seemed right. She could feel her heart racing in her chest. She thought at first that she was feeling things she shouldn't be feeling. The emotions were growing, and she couldn't deny them any longer.
 
Not quite knowing what she was doing, her body moving on its own, she reached up slowly and shyly, putting a hand gently on the side of his face.
 
“Sakura…”
 
The girl looked unsure, and almost afraid. Her feelings danced around in confusion in her head. Over time, her feelings for Kakashi had been growing, and she hadn't noticed it until now.
 
The man on the other end of her hand, remained silent, thoughts of his own danced in his head.
 
She had never seemed to notice it before, but when she looked at Kakashi this time, she felt no sense of pity for his hard life. There was no sense of regret, and no sense of worry. She didn't feel like she was giving up anything if she did want to be with him. She could feel the black fabric of his mask in her hand and the warmth of his face.
 
The orange beams shot around his body, coating him with a golden lining that seemed almost angelic. An angelic Kakashi?
 
It was two words that one would almost never even dare speak in the same sentence unless it involved the words “Need to be touched by” within its contents, using the words as bookends between the phrase.
 
It was true, he was no angel. His wings were torn and drenched in the blood of those who fell victim to him. He was a dark angel, tainted by the position he was given by the world, and by the guilt he felt, living with the fact that he, like any other shinobi was a tool. He was the angel that couldn't fly, but tried to patch up his wings anyway, to make the best of it.
 
The fallen angel.
 
At this precise moment in time, she began to notice how beautiful he truly was. It was the way that his calmness and tranquility had a haunting air of sadness around it. How he seemed to be stuck in a median and didn't belong in either place.
 
She blushed to herself upon realizing this.
 
And the reality of the situation had hit her. Here she was, using this man. The man who fully understood her, who was there to guide and lead her, who bled for her on the battle field, who so selflessly threw himself into the line of fire to protect her. Sure, he was a hassle at times and could be quite annoying, but that one flaw was nothing compared to the pros. He was smart, protective, understanding and very kind. She knew that he would never hurt her, and here she was, using him for some joke to prove herself to Sasuke.
 
Wait…
 
She was proving herself to Sasuke but she never once had to prove herself to Kakashi. He had always accepted her as she was. He never thought her weak or defective. She was never `not worth his time.' She was never not good enough. He didn't even turn down her offer to go out on the town with her, and Sasuke had turned her down countless times.
 
He never hurt her.
 
He looked out for her well being.
 
He wasn't like Sasuke.
 
Kakashi was different. He made her feel different. She didn't want to just blurt out that she might possibly love him. She trailed her hand down his jaw line slowly, and down his neck, resting it on the crook of his neck, feeling his muscles tense. Even if she could tell Kakashi the rest of the feeling he invoked…Even if she did try, she couldn't think of words to even describe the rest of what she felt.
 
But this was her chance, if she didn't tell him now; she might not get another chance. She might lose him completely, and for once, she wasn't looking forward to going back to Sasuke. She felt like Kakashi needed her. And oddly enough, like she needed him.
 
It was now or never.
 
“K-Kakashi-sensei?” She said, nervously.
 
“Yes, Sakura?” Kakashi answered, his voice barely audible, as if he were trying to process something himself and seemed a bit unsure about it.
 
“I think I…”
 
A lone eye watched in anticipation.
 
“I think I love you.”
 
 
TBC
 
 
 
A/N: That was actually a hard scene to write. I had trouble with this one, which is weird because I can usually write romance scenes with no apparent problem. I hope they are still IC. Please review and tell me, if they aren't I'll probably re-write it.