Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mission: Freak Out Kakashi ❯ Jealous Sasuke? ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here's another chapter of Mission: Freak Out Kakashi.
 
This story was plagerized by another person using ff(.) net going under the identity OkAeNgInEeR- iNuGaMi (that was painful to write) or something to that nature, if you see this fanfic under her name, please report it. Also the fics called Lightening of Love and Stupid Inuyasha, these are also my property the original fanfics are called Raiden no Ai and Ode to Inuyasha.
 
Thank you to my reviewers who notified me of the theft, your warnings is greatly appreciated. Thanks again for being such a tightly woven group. Also, much thanks to the KakaSaku LJ Community for spreading the word.
 
Here's my lame attempt at writing Sasuke.
 
Now, on to the story!
 
THANKS SANDSTORM626 AND SUIKA 13 FOR YOUR IDEAS!
 
 
 
 
:: Mission Freak Out Kakashi :::
 
:: By: Melissa Norvell ::
 
 
: Chapter 10: Jealous, Sasuke?
 
 
 
Hours passed after Sakura and Naruto's little skirmish and accidental kissing of the sensei, and as the Uchiha had been monitoring the whole twist of events over the past few days, irritation ground upon him.
 
Things weren't normal, and things didn't seem to make any sense.
 
Sakura no longer commented him in training or even looked at him strangely. She was always around his teacher, and seemed quite protective of him. Not that he particularly cared…Sakura was always annoying him. She was childish and the weakest member on the team, even his archrival Naruto was stronger then she was. Just what did Kakashi see in her?
 
What did she see in him for that matter? He was twice her age. It would be normal to see this sort of thing from Naruto. He expected no less then the kitsune child's stupid antics and smart comments, but Sakura? That was a different story.
 
He decided to approach the matter.
 
 
XI.
 
 
Sakura was brushing her hair, sitting under a large shade tree. The pink haired kunoichi was nestled against the tree's massive roots with her knees bent up and an elbow resting on one knee. She hummed a cheerful tune as the girl ran the brush through her pastille strands.
 
She heard the crunching of a few crisp blades of grass as she turned her head to see who it was. Viridian eyes blinked in confusion as she set sights on the stoic and quiet figure.
 
It was Sasuke.
 
But what was Sasuke doing here? She usually had to beg and plead just to go somewhere with him, and he always turned her down.
 
So what was the occasion?
 
The girl was still and remained frozen as the Uchiha slowly advanced over the roots, making his way to her. Sakura didn't think that the boy would stop and talk to her. Maybe he was just making his way around her to get to his real destination. Yeah, that had to be it. Sasuke wouldn't spend that time of day with her.
 
But her thoughts were beginning to fail her as his figure was growing closer and closer. Then the sound of footsteps just stopped and a thump could be heard. The pink haired girl froze for a few moments, and then looked over to see the boy sitting a few feet away on one of the tree roots.
 
“Okay, I know you're there, Sasuke.” She finally spoke up, after a long awaited silence. “Why are you being so friendly today?”
 
“Why do you care?” Sasuke asked. “You're having your fun. I'm minding my own business.”
 
“Usually I have to drag you over here just to talk to me.” The girl sat her brush down. “I was just wondering why you're here.”
 
“What's with you and Kakashi? You seem to be spending a lot of time with him lately.”
 
“What? Are you jealous?”
 
“…”
 
“Sasuke…”
 
“It's more then a joke isn't it?” The boy spoke. “What does it really mean to you?”
 
“It meant what I said. Nothing more or less. Whether you read into it and assume too much is for you to decide.” Sakura told him, not wanting to insinuate anything, but still wanting to keep things as cloudy as they were for her. Nothing that wasn't official should be made official.
 
“Are you really playing this stupid game with Naruto to prove something, and if so, what?”
 
“Why does it matter? I mean, you don't want to get involved in it, right?”
 
`Sorry to do this to you Sasuke, but all you used to do it shut me out of your life, so I think it's about time I did the same. I mean, it's not like you want to be involved with mine or anything. I guess the whole nature of the game has been redirected…So if I'm not doing this to make Sasuke like me anymore…What am I doing it for?'
 
`She's avoiding me.'
 
There was a moment of silence simply for thought as the two mulled around within the depths of their minds to find something to say.
 
“Did you do something with Kakashi?”
 
There was that question again! Why was it that if she took an outing with him, everyone came to the conclusion that they were dating? It annoyed her to no end.
 
“Of course not!” She yelled out, blushing in embarrassment. “You want me to tell you what happened? I will!”
 
The pink haired kunoichi started to expel the contents of her night spent with her teacher to the dark haired boy. She knew that he wouldn't say anything to Naruto about it.
 
 
XI.
 
 
Upon resting, Kakashi was able to get a good foot soaking in. He lay on a flat, large grey stone, sitting by the river's edge. The cool sensation of the cascading water around his feet was comforting, cleansing and healing. He put his arms behind his head and stared up at the tree tops above, watching the occasional bird fly past or the occasional cloud drift by through the opening that the tree branches provided.
 
He pondered to himself over the last week's events between he and Sakura, and though his first thoughts were to become close, but not too close, he couldn't seem to get her off of his mind, and it wasn't in the typical way. His mind seemed to want to revert him back to their romantic and intimate moments: the times he consoled her, the kiss, the outing and her jealous and protective streak she had shown earlier about he and Naruto's accidental kiss.
 
Upon these thoughts, his eye grew heavy and the calm and placid scenery around him faded out within minutes. He was fast asleep.
 
Naruto was having fun, there was no Sasuke to argue with and no Sakura to try and out prank, but that didn't mean that the cog wheels of mischief didn't turn within his mind. After all, when the cat was away the mouse would play.
 
And Naruto indeed liked to play.
 
After taking a dive from one of the high rocks, he began to slow down as well. He had trained hard and needed to restore chakra, so he decided to pull himself up out of the water and sat on the same rock that his teacher hung his weary feet over.
 
Not even looking to his right, where his teacher was positioned, he yawned and lay on the rock, turned over with his back facing Kakashi.
 
“So tired.” He murmured before closing his blue eyes and drifting off to sleep himself.
 
 
XI.
 
 
An hour passed before Sasuke and Sakura made their way back, neither one of them really spoke to each other. The pink haired kunoichi's mind was in bit of a jumble. Was Sasuke truly jealous of her and Kakashi?
 
She couldn't remember a time when he was nice to her, so she found it a little weird that he'd be jealous of her now.
 
Maybe it was something that had been building up, since Sasuke was distant and it's not like he'd tell anyone who he did like…
 
Strangely enough though, she didn't feel as if she should be special or anything even if he was jealous. She treated it nonchalantly, and wondered within herself why she did. Usually, this would be a signal that went off and said that she might have a chance with the love of her life and she should keep trying. Nothing could keep her from Sasuke!
 
Right?
 
But there were the haunting thoughts of a certain angel which hung above her cloud of adoration for Sasuke. When she thought about it, this was sort of like her hidden link. The one person who stood behind her no matter what. Hell, he even helped her out with her love troubles about Sasuke.
 
The kunoichi realized something.
 
Kakashi just wanted her to be happy.
 
It was an endearing quality. One that Sasuke would never possess. Sure, he could be protective, stoic, strong and beautiful.
 
But a masked beauty was able to teacher her some of the greatest lessons she could ever learn. The lessons that stick with you throughout life. The gentle lessons that was precious to someone young like her.
 
 
These mixed emotions collided as her sanity fought with her love. She would always love Sasuke, but her feelings for her teacher were blossoming into something so strong that even the power of Sasuke's Sharingan Eyes couldn't not penetrate or imitate.
 
The girl needed to figure out which love was what type. Sasuke was her crush, her love…
 
But why did she love him?
 
Was it because he was the class heart throb, or something else? Was it just a fickle thing that would come to pass? Or something everlasting that even through situations like this, would last throughout time?
 
If that was so, why was it already beginning to fade?
 
“What are you looking at, Sakura?” Green eyes met darkly colored ones.
 
Her eyes widened a bit before she tore away her gaze. “Oh, sorry.”
 
“Hmpf..”
 
Two set of eyes lay upon the two figures sleeping. A flare of anger lit up the green valleys of her eyes with a new fire as she marched over to them, and shoved the sleeping Naruto in the water, taking his place by Kakashi.
 
Several glubbing noises were heard from the waters below as a blond head shot up and gagged and coughed, choking on the waters he had inhaled during sleep.
 
“Why'd you do that for, Sakura?”
 
“I wouldn't want you to grab poor Kakashi-sensei's chest again.” The girl replied.
 
`Ugh…There they go again…' The dark haired boy thought as the sound of the two's argument echoed through the woods.
 
 
TBC
 
 
A/N: Well, that was my attempt at Sasuke. Keep in mind that I haven't wrote for him in a year, so if I'm rusty, that's why. To me, it would figure that as soon as Sasuke has even the smallest hint of something for Sakura, then she'd start liking someone else.
 
Well, R&R and tell me what you think!