Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mission: Freak Out Kakashi ❯ Let Me Teach You ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here I am again. With chapter 12! Man, I can't believe this has 12 chapters! There will be major KakaSaku in this one.
 
Sorry for being late on this but I took a one shot down because someone said I plagiarized and the idea was just similar. God, I hate some of the people here. I AM NOT a plagiarist. I do not steal others hard work. Just because a story has a similar idea does not mean that it's stolen, but whatever. I don't care anymore…I'm so sick of people…
 
 
IX.
 
 
Mission: Freak Out Kakashi
 
By: Melissa Norvell
 
Chapter 12: Let Me Teach You
 
 
IX.
 
 
 
“Sakura… I do appreciate you.” Kakashi told her.
 
“Nice try, sensei.” She smiled sadly as her glassy viridian orbs looked upon the ground. “But everyone knows that you spend more time with Naruto and Sasuke then you do with me.”
 
With those words, as if he had been stabbed, Kakashi inwardly winced at this comment. He knew that he had often left Sakura behind in training. He couldn't come up with a logical or believable excuse. He could only utter her name in a whisper that was lost to the wind.
 
“It was stilly of me to think that I deserved anyone like you.” She stated further. “You're too good for me, Kakashi-sensei…”
 
“Sakura…”
 
“I know that you probably don't even like me like that, and you might even think that this is some puppy crush of mine.” The pink haired girl said with a sad form of kindness and sincerity. “I know it may sound like I rushed through this, but a lot of feelings have been hitting me at once.”
 
After recovering from his emotional injury, the jounin spoke up. “Sakura, it's not what you think-“
 
Viridian eyes met his as she cut him off. “What then? I don't understand.”
 
`Sometimes, I wished that you would. Then I could avoid hurting you. It isn't that I don't care about you; it's that I must place that in the back of my mind. I cannot allow another to be killed because I make a foolish mistake in battle. A shinobi must remain emotionless, no matter what the stress, tension or trauma of the situation.' The jounin tried to persuade himself into thinking.
 
“It's complicated.” He finally said after a moment of silence.
 
“I get the hint.” Sakura replied. “Don't lead me on in thinking that there's something there, when there isn't.” In a matter of moments, the jounin had felt the impulse to prove her wrong. He didn't know if it was the dream he had earlier, or something cryptic and sacred within his psyche, but he now found himself lunging forward and wrapping his arms around the girl. Sakura let out a surprised gasp.
 
`WHAAT?!' Naruto's mind raced as he stood there with a drop-jawed and wide eyed expression etched on his face. `How did she get Kakashi-sensei to do that!? I couldn't even get him to shower with me using Sexy Jutsu!'
 
“Man…” He mumbled. “Is that ever wrong…I need a new plan…'
 
Strong arms tightened their grip on the girl, giving her an understanding squeeze. His masked face near her ear as her pink silky strands ticked his skin through the mask.
 
“Kakashi…sensei…” The surprise of the moment caused the girl to shed a few tears. Stunned for a few moments, she slowly brought her hands up to rest on his shoulder blades. “Wh-What…?”
 
“Sakura, please understand. It isn't that I don't like you. It's something, that is complex and something that will take some getting used to, you're not the only one who thinks so…” Kakashi whispered.
 
“But you don't understand…I think I-“
 
“Please don't say it…Not yet…”
 
“You don't understand, Kakashi-sensei. These feelings don't scare me. I want to accept them, and what you said about Sasuke earlier was right. Besides, if I were paying attention to you instead of Sasuke, I might have learned something and wouldn't have to stand back in the shadows in fear when we were attacked during the Chuunin Exams by the Sound Ninja.” She said as the crystalline tears landed on the olive green of his jacket. “I want to be strong for you! You're my sensei! You taught me everything I know! I'm tired of disappointing you! I want to make you proud! I'll give up anything to do that…” There was a two minute pause as she smally said the last of that sentence. “Even Sasuke…”
 
Did she just say that?
 
Did she really mean it or was it the heat of the moment?
 
Sakura didn't know what impulsed her to say that, but at the moment, it was how she had felt and there was no changing it. Her inner self didn't even feel the need to scold her for it, so she must have meant it, right?
 
“You don't mean that…” Kakashi replied, thinking that she hadn't really meant it. After all, how many times had she been upset or angry with him and said she'd give up on him before and the next day goes back to loving him?
 
That was a point proven in itself.
 
 
“No, I mean it.” Sakura replied. “I know you don't want me to say it, but I have to. I don't know if you're afraid or what-“
 
At the utterance of that sentence, she could have sworn that she felt him wince, as if that were the problem. Was Kakashi afraid of loving her? Was it the teacher/student reference? Or the age gap? Or was it possibly something else, something much deeper and complex that she really couldn't understand.
 
“Is that it, Kakashi-sensei?” She asked.
 
“Hm?” The silver haired jounin lifted his chin off of her shoulder.
 
“Are you afraid to love me?” Sakura pulled back from the embrace, looking into his lone eye, which held so many emotions at the moment it was hard to decipher what he was feeling. He almost looked innocent and he said nothing.
 
Secretly, he was wishing she hadn't seen through that deception.
 
She had used his teachings against him.
 
Part of him damned her for it, and the other part liked her analysis skills. He didn't know which was more prominent though.
 
“Well?” She proceeded further.
 
He still said nothing, just gazed at her.
 
Well, that is until he felt small hands on either side of his face, caressing his cheeks and forcing him to pay attention to her. “Kakashi-sensei, you can't play dumb with me, because I know you're not really that way. You just pretend, and pretending to not be interested won't help you either. You know what I asked, and you can't possibly be afraid of me, so answer the question.”
 
“Hnnn…”
 
“That's not an answer.” She dead panned.
 
“Perhaps I am…” He finally answered.
 
Viridian eyes softened with concern for the jounin's problem. “Kakashi-sensei, I didn't know…” Her face neared his until they were nose-to-nose. Then she replied under her breath to where only he could hear. “If you're afraid, I can teach you not to be.”
 
A lone eye slightly widened as the jounin took in the information and processed it within the clockwork of his mind. He mulled it around a while, recalling all of his memories of his former team mates, tying them in with Sakura's words.
 
“I think I love you.”
 
That phrase, when said at that exact time, seemed so childish. He had to wonder how it turned into such a serious matter. Here they were, sharing gentle words and caresses. Every emotion that could be perceived was running through his mind at the moment, and he felt as scatterbrained as he portrayed himself to be in front of his students.
 
He didn't know what do say. How could you come up with an answer to that phrase in such a short time? It's not like he could just suck up everything that's happened in the past and completely give into her. That was too surreal and too much of a fairytale land.
 
Nothing could end up happy for him.
 
“I don't understand why you're afraid of love, but I knew that you must not have had a good experience with it by the way you act.” Sakura said.
 
“What do you mean?” The jounin tried to sound evasive.
 
“I've just been watching you.” She replied. “You know, I found out a lot about you from trying to prank you. Sometimes, I felt bad about it because I know how you must feel. I mean, I don't know if you lost someone close to you that you had feelings for, or if it was something else, but no matter what you taught me something that you should take your own advice on.”
 
“What's that?”
 
“You taught the three of us to work together, and rely on each other as a team, but you're part of the team too, Kakashi-sensei.” She replied. “Without you, there would be no team. You're like our leader, guiding us in the right direction. So you should lean on us once in a while instead of telling us to run because you don't want us to die.”
 
“I swore I'd protect you with my life-“He was cut off once again, this time by Sakura putting a finger to his lips.
 
“I know, and I thank you for that, Kakashi-sensei.” The pink haired girl said. “But it' time to put all the debts behind. I think you're very noble and honorable by doing so, but I want you to be able to count on me once in a while. I want to be strong for you. “
 
She smiled as her sorrowful expression turned into a determined one. “I'll be the best kunoichi that you've ever seen! I want you to be proud of me, Kakashi-sensei.”
 
The girl leaned in, planting a small kiss a top of masked lips. Then pulled a small distance back. The silver haired man could still feel her breath against his lips. “And maybe…” She whispered. “I can teach you to love me.”
 
“…”
 
“You're my hero, Kakashi-sensei. You always put up with me, talking about Sasuke, and you were right. You were so right. I shouldn't dedicate myself to someone who's snubbed my face in the dirt for so long.”
 
“Sakura…”
 
“I know you don't think that I mean any of this, but I do! I swear it to you! I'll prove that I'm worth it, no matter what!” She put a hand to her chest.
 
Kakashi hadn't seen this side of her before. Her form shone with determination, and her voice was passionate and strong. She spoke from the heart. Maybe she really was serious about Sasuke.
 
“Oh, and Kakashi-sensei.”
 
“Yes, Sakura?” He replied, his voice softened.
 
“That time I meant it.”
 
For reasons unknown, even to him, the jounin blushed.
 
`There she goes, making him blush again!' Naruto thought to himself as a kunai knife flew seemingly out of nowhere and nearly hit him in the head.
 
“Ah!” He screamed, ducking down, and then looking to the one who threw it.
 
It was Sakura.
 
“Hey Sakura!” He yelled, “You nearly killed me! Why'd you do that for?”
 
“Some people would like to have privacy!” The girl yelled. “So get out of my business, Naruto!”
 
“Okay, okay.” The boy turned to walk off, muttering to himself as he did so.
 
`I've got to think of a better plan anyway…' He thought, pretending not to care about the situation as his form disappeared into the woods.
 
“The nerve of some people! Gawking at us like that!” The kunoichi threw her arms over her chest and crossed them. She then turned to Kakashi. “Anyway, I really do care about you, and I do want to teach you how to love again. It's not because I feel like I owe you, but because I really like you. “Green orbs softened. “I think you can be an ultra sweet guy once someone gets to know you.”
 
There was a pause before she continued.
 
“And I want to be that one person you show it to.”
 
 
 
TBC
 
 
A/N: There you go, another chapter down. Sorry for not being able to update. I'm going through a lot of crap from people here, it makes me not want to update anything, but I love writing too much to quit.
 
Please review and tell me what you think! I really need some support about now…