Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mission: Freak Out Kakashi ❯ It All Comes Tumbling Down ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here's another chapter for you all, since I've got some ideas in my head that won't leave, which is probably good considering that I love this story. After the next few chapters, I think I'll take the advice of a reviewer (I'd look them up, but my brother is online at the moment) and skip ahead a few years of Sakura trying to prove herself to Kakashi. I just have some things planned for these upcoming chapters, but I hope it's not enough to discourage reviewers.
 
 
::
 
Mission: Freak Out Kakashi
 
Chapter 15: It All Comes Tumbling Down
 
By: Melissa Norvell
 
::
 
 
As time progressed, Sakura seemed to stay at the same point she started out in the relationship. As hard as she tried, the kunoichi in training couldn't help but feel discouraged at times.
 
She, at times came around Naruto and Sasuke in a saddened mood. During missions she showed more apathy then concern, which was off for her. After the first mission was completed, with Sakura still acting in an apathetic mood about everything, Sasuke decided to confront her.
 
The stoic boy stood beside of her, his gaze coldly upon her.
 
Feeling the lack of emotion coming from his general direction, viridian eyes turned to face onyx. She didn't realize how close Sasuke was until she turned completely around. Upon noticing, Sakura nearly gasped at the close distance and stumbled a few feet back.
 
“Sasuke.” She replied in a breathless voice that was lost to the air around her.
 
“It's about time you noticed.” Sasuke replied, standing tall. “You're not being too beneficial to the team when you just stand back there and make yourself a target like that.”
 
Sakura looked down, a saddened expression on her face. “I know…Sorry Sasuke.”
 
`I can't believe that I did that…Sasuke's has a point…If I want to impress Kakashi-sensei and show him that I can be a good ninja too, I need to stay focused, but it's so hard when the guy you're trying to impress doesn't seem to notice you either…Well, I mean, I does notice me, but he avoids what I really mean…' She thought in dismay.
 
“You could have cost us to fail the mission. You've got to keep on target.” The boy criticized.
 
“Look, I've just been feeling a little down lately.” She turned away, letting Sasuke have a good view of her back.
 
“Whatever is going on with you and Naruto is effecting the mission.”
 
“It's not about me and Naruto.” The pink haired girl mumbled lowly, hoping that the Uchiha wouldn't catch it, but his sharp ears managed to decipher her words despite the fact.
 
“Well, originally it was you and Naruto…But now you seem to have an eye on our sensei.” The black haired boy stated.
 
As much as her inner being as yelling at her outer being not to look so obvious, she had a hard time doing that. Her head snapped up, pink locks whizzing through the air. Viridian eyes widened. She had tried so hard to keep it a secret…How could he have known? Was it that obvious?
 
“What? You didn't think I'd figure it out?” He asked.
 
“Th-That's not it!” The girl replied in a shaky voice, her nerves getting the better of her. Sakura's composure all came tumbling down before her, but every ounce of her spirit still tried to keep it under wraps.
 
“I don't even know why you try. He's too old for you, Sakura.”
 
“What?” She replied in the same breathless and disbelieving voice.
 
`He's a lot better then you! Cha!' Her inner self defended.
 
“Well, it's not like-It's not like you wanted anything to do with me.” The pink haired girl bit back. “So what if he's older then me. He understands me.”
 
“That's why he pushes you away, right?”
 
“No! You're wrong!” Sakura yelled.
 
“You're just as hopeless as Naruto.” Sasuke replied. “I don't imagine you'd still want to go out sometime.”
 
This caused Sakura to freeze in position, an astonished look crossed her features as green eyes widened and her mouth hung slightly open as a small gasping noise could be heard. The girl was quiet for a few moments as she mulled his sentence around in her head.
 
`Oh what? Now he wants to go out with you? I say no way loser!' Her inner self scolded. `Kakashi-sensei at least went out with you when you asked him! Besides, he thinks that if you just give up on Kakashi-sensei and become unhappy again you'll pay him some attention…What a Rank A jerk! Cha!'
 
Sakura closed her eyes and inclined her head. A small smile crossed her face.
 
`That's it, Sakura! Treat him how he's treated you!'
 
“Sorry, I don't think so.” She looked back up at him, just in time to see the slight shock on his face. “I've moved on. I love Kakashi-sensei.”
 
`Ka-ching! How does it feel to be on the opposite end of the spectrum! Hurts, doesn't it!'
 
“But he's your sensei!” Sasuke was a bit taken back. He thought that Sakura would surely go on an outing with him once she saw that Kakashi didn't truly love her.
 
“I don't care. He needs me.” She informed. “You had your chance, and you pushed me away. How can you think that I'd go back to you. You always treated me badly, even when I tried to help you.”
 
“This thing with your sensei isn't going to last.” Sasuke stated. “You're his student, nothing more. Get over it.”
 
“Gee, someone sounds a bit jealous. Jealousy is a petty thing.” She tisked.
 
“You're blind.” The stoic boy argued. “You'll see it one day, when you realize what you're doing isn't right.”
 
 
XI.
 
 
“Hmmm…” Naruto stood behind a tree, rubbing his chin as his blue gaze was set on Kakashi, who leaned up against a tree trunk, finishing up the last few pages of Icha Icha Paradise.
 
`How can I prove that Kakashi-sensei and Sakura did something and still put in a good joke?' He wondered to himself.
 
The boy then recalled what had happened the last time he wanted his way with someone who he was suspicious of. He used his transformation jutsu to turn into Sasuke when he wanted to confront Sakura about her feelings toward him.
 
Then it hit him.
 
Maybe he could use his transformation jutsu to turn into Sakura and hit on Kakashi.
 
A devious and almost wickedly playful smile crossed the blond's face. “Bingo!”
 
He took off through the greenery, getting far enough away to allow the transformation technique to take place. Then, performing the correct set of kuji-in, he executed a perfect transformation of Sakura.
 
Bending one knee and putting his hand behind his head, he giggled, voice perfectly imitating the pink haired kunoichi's.
 
“Ready or not, Kakashi-sensei. Here I come.” The imitation Sakura said as she walked causally through the bushes and to her target.
 
A lone eye finished up the last page of his infamous little orange book for over the 10th time that month and as he shut the book, sticking it into the pouch attached to his backside, he stared down at a forest of pink hair.
 
It was the imitation Sakura.
 
She was looking right back at him. “Um…” She put a finger shyly on her lips and blushed. “Kakashi-sensei?”
 
“What is it now, Sakura?” He asked.
 
“I was just wondering if I could see your book?” She asked.
 
“It's not appropriate for people of your age.” Kakashi replied, finding something fishy about “Sakura”. She wasn't the type of person who wanted to see a dirty book. He held his suspicions under the mask, still producing a calm air about him, as if he were blissfully unaware.
 
“Well…” The imitation paused, pulling off an innocent look as the Naruto tried to scramble for another approach to the situation. “You like the stuff written in the book, so I just wanted to read a little, to see what they were doing. That way, I could do some of it. Then you'd like me as much as you liked that book.”
 
Kakashi looked dumbfounded by this. “I don't think that's a good idea. I've already told you that you're moving too fast.”
 
`Moving too fast?' Naruto thought to himself within the confines of the imitation Sakura. `They are so busted! Now I know they've done something!'
 
“Maybe you could teach me something from that book.” She looked innocently at him with wide, expressive green eyes.
 
This made the jounin shift uncomfortably. “Sakura…”
 
“But Kakashi-sensei, I love you so much!” The imitation replied. “Could you at least give me a little kiss?”
 
`This is it! If he kisses me, I've totally got the cat in the bag!' Naruto thought to himself.
 
“I don't see what it would hurt.” The jounin leaned down, giving her a gentle kiss right in the middle of her big, wide forehead.
 
The imitation blushed, putting her hands to either side of her face. “Gee,” She said playfully. “I guess my big forehead is good for something.”
 
`What!? Only a kiss on the forehead! Ugh!' Inner Naruto complained to himself. `That wasn't even worth my time!'
 
“Could you kiss me again?” The imitation replied, puckering her lips and closing her eyes.
 
Kakashi sighed to himself and neared the girl slowly, inch by inch. He put a hand on the side of her face. He was so close that Naruto could feel the breath on his face through the black shroud.
 
`I've got him now!' He thought to himself.
 
They were finally nose to nose, his lips were about to make contact with his, then his head was inclined a kiss was planted on her forehead again.
 
She made an annoyed face. “Kakashi-sensei! I didn't want another forehead kiss! I wanted a real kiss!”
 
“I don't feel like giving you one…Naruto.” He produced a happy anime eye.
 
“What!?” Naruto transformed back into himself. “How'd ya know it was me?”
 
“A ninja must see through deception, and transformation jutsu are one of the most common forms.” He smiled.
 
“Damn it!” The blond cursed. “I was for sure that would work!”
 
He crossed his arms and sat down in the grass with a huff. As the boy pouted, his sensei walked away, leaving the boy to think of another plan. He was so close to getting the two of them busted. Now it was not just a game, but something much more to Naruto.
 
He felt they were hiding something and he wanted to know the truth.
 
TBC
 
 
 
 
 
 
NOTE: Kuji-in- This is what the hand signs preformed by Naruto characters are referred to as. They are a real form of Ninjutsu and help the ninja channel many different types of spiritual, physical and mental energies as well as summon fourth perception and power of an attack. The hand signs that Naruto characters often use are the signs of the Chinese Zodiac.
 
NOTE 2: A kiss on the forehead means friendship in the Japanese culture. So what Kakashi did to the imitation Sakura wasn't considered romantic.
 
 
A/N: Please review and tell me what you think! You guys wanted more jealous Sasuke! There will definitely be more in the next three of so chapters!