Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mistaken for a Suitor ❯ Why Are You Here Nii-san? ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Yup, I finally updated. This story will end soon as I've come to a major writer's block on all of my stories except “Younger Brother, Older Brother.” I do have a lot of other story ideas in the works and I'm trying to work on “MoonLance” and “Of Java and Vampires” as well. Also, I will now only update when I get the inspiration. I've decided to go for quality and not quantity. If that means I lose readers, then so be it!
-Yuugi-chan
 
P.S. Beware of OOCness in this chapter! It's all in the name of humor though! Also, whenever there's stump in the plot; add Itachi! :)
 
Chapter 15: Why are you here Nii-san?
 
Sasuke sighed in the Haruno's living room. Sakura had stormed off to her room, slamming the door behind her, telling him that he could only be allowed in when he decided to stop acting like such a jerk and apologize. Sasuke, or any other Uchiha for that matter, was not fond of apologizing to anyone, whether it be his girlfriend or not. Wait, Sasuke thought, is she really my girlfriend? Sasuke thought back on the kiss they had shared in the rain just a few hours back. Well, she wouldn't have kissed him just out of sympathy, would she? Then again, he had also kissed her back and she hadn't objected, so it was a fair assumption that she was his girlfriend, or so he thought. He reflected on that last statement. The Uchiha Sasuke had a girlfriend. Now there's something you couldn't say everyday, mostly because nobody would think that Sasuke would let a girl near him, let alone kiss him. In fact, he didn't even think that that would happen himself. Funny how things turn out.
Sasuke walked over to the door of the living room entrance and wrenched free his kunai that he had thrown at the door in frustration with his argument of Sakura. It left quite a deep hole behind it. Hope they don't make me pay for that, Sasuke thought. It's bad enough that I'm almost going broke because I'm always paying for repairs on my paper screen doors.He looked out the window. The heavy downpour of rain had turned into a steady and light drizzle. Deciding that it was time to go home, Sasuke strolled over toward the front door. When he turned the doorknob and opened it, the sight that greeted him made his face pale. There stood his elder brother, sopping wet with rain, staring down at him with red eyes. This was definitely what Sasuke was least expecting to see when he opened the door, let alone at all.
“Nii-san?” Sasuke said the first thing that came to his mind. No, he didn't rush out to kill him, nor did he start cursing him. He just stood there with a confused and startled look on his face. When his brother said nothing in return (and Sasuke really didn't expect him to) he asked another question that had popped into his mind.
“What on earth are you doing here?” he asked him.
“That's none of your concern,” Itachi replied.
“I'm making it my concern,” Sasuke countered. Itachi sighed.
“Must everythingbe an argument with you Ototou?”
“Yes.”
“The question was rhetorical Sasuke.”
“…” The two stood in silence for a while until Sasuke heard a door opening and closing in the hallway. He turned his head around, and to his horror, out walked Sakura's mother. She was heading their way.
“Nii-san, run!” Sasuke sharply whispered.
“Running away is hardly what I do. Would do I have to run away from?” Itachi asked, a slight hint of amusement in his voice at the idea of having his younger brother telling him to flee.
“Stop asking questions Nii-san! Just run while you still can! You still have some time to escape with your life, not to mention your dignity!” Sasuke never thought he'd be in this kind of predicament with his elder brother. Personally, he was expecting to be engaged in a bloody battle with him, not telling him to run for dear life. But here he was, pleading with his brother to flee from the Haruno's house. Sasuke looked over his shoulder once again. Sakura's mother was now only a few feet away from them, shortening that distance with each passing second.
“Nii-san, please!” Sasuke half pleaded, half hissed. No matter how much Sasuke wanted to see his brother dead and in agony, there was no way he could be cruel enough to let his brother be spotted by Sakura's mother and be mistaken for another suitor.There was no way he could stomach putting his brother through that horrible torture. It would be an agony worse than hell.
Sasuke was just about to open his mouth to plead with his brother for yet another time, when Sakura's mother spotted him.
“Sasuke, come back inside. It's still raining. Sakura would not be happy if you got sick with a cold.” She paused before glancing behind him and through the front door. “Ah, yet another suitor I see. Come in, come in. You're always welcome here. Crap. Sasuke and Itachi both thought the same thing. Sakura's mother led Itachi in the house by the arm, clearly not knowing who he was and what he was capable of. Itachi didn't put up much of a fight, if at all. After having so many suitors introduced to him at a young age, he was used to this kind of treatment, not to mention he just didn't feel it was worth wasting his precious time, or energy, on killing the annoying woman. This didn't stop him from giving her death glares the whole time though.
“We have another one!” Sakura's mother called out to her husband.
“Really?” Sakura's father stuck his head out of the kitchen doorway. “Let me see.”Her father sauntered out of the kitchen towards the trio. He stopped in his tracks about five feet away from them.
“Gah! They're identical twins!” he cried out. Both Itachi and Sasuke sweatdropped, a vein twitching on their foreheads. Oh how they hated being called identical twins! This was one of the Uchiha pet peeves, and even though they had gotten used to this reaction, it still annoyed the shit out them. After a few seconds, Sakura's father put two-and-two together. He turned to his wife.
“WHY THE HELL DID YOU LET ANOTHER UCHIHA IN?” her husband demanded.
“Well, I just thought that…” she started.
“I don't care what you think! Why did you let another one in?” Itachi looked over to his younger brother.
“Do they have a problem with our family?” he asked him quietly. A silent “what's left of it” hung between them.
“You could say that,” Sasuke replied. Another door was heard opening, and out walked Sakura from her bedroom. She had heard the commotion and went to go investigate.
“What on earth are you two arguing about...this…” Sakura trailed off when her eyes locked onto Itachi. “HOLY SHIT!” She grabbed a nearby kunai and flung it at him. Itachi, of course, easily caught it without even so much as blinking.She charged at him, chakra drawn to her fists, and Itachi braced himself. If this kunoichi was a student of one of the three legendary Sannin, then she probably had quite a bit of power in her chakra reserves. Suddenly, the two were forced apart.
“No fighting in the house!” her mother scolded both of them.
“We have an S-class criminal on our hands and you're worried about us fighting in the house? What's wrong with that picture?” Sakura shouted to her mother.
“Sakura, I don't want you talking back to me in that tone of voice!” her mother said sharply.
“Yes mother…” Sakura muttered under her breath.
“That's better. Now let's all just get along.” The two ninjas glared at each other. Sasuke sweatdropped. Here his girlfriend was in a glaring match with his elder brother who was long ago crowned the king of staring contests when he was a little kid. Eventually Sakura scoffed, turned around, and marched back upstairs to her room.
“You have quite the spirited one for a girlfriend, don't you Ototou?” Itachi asked his brother. Sasuke flushed red.
“Hey! What's that supposed to mean?” he shouted back.
“It means what it sounds like.”
“She's not my…”
“I don't have the time to argue with you Ototou. I have to be leaving.” Itachi started walking out the door when he was quickly grabbed by the back of his wet red and black Akatsuki cloak.
“You're not going anyone,” Sakura's mother stated, giving him a glare to rival his own.“You are not going out in the rain and catching a cold on my account. I won't have it! Even if that means you have to stay the night, I am not letting you go outside until it stops raining completely!”
“I do what I please,” Itachi said, tugging away from her grip. He was promptly whacked over the head with a frying pan, knocking him out. Sasuke blinked. Where the hell did she get that from? He didn't know how Sakura's mother had done it, but she had knocked out his elder brother with one hit. Ouch. That was going to wound his pride when he'd come to.
“When I say I don't want you going out, I mean it.”
 
Author's End Note: I just couldn't help and have Itachi knocked out by a frying pan! It's my wildest dream come true!