Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mixed Feelings ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sasuke walked down the street, Sakura hooked on one arm and Ino on the other; how he'd gotten into this predicament he wasn't sure, one minute he was walking by himself, the next he was being dragged to lunch at Ichiraku by the two girls. Ino was chattering on about Shikamaru or something, while Sakura complained about how nothing good had been happening lately in the village. Sasuke had to agree with Sakura, Konoha hadn't been the same since Naruto disappeared.

The three sat at a booth, Sasuke on one side and the girls on the other so they wouldn't fight over who got to sit next to him.

As a waitress took their orders, miso for Sasuke and beef for the girls, Sakura sighed. "It's been so slow around here lately, don't you think Sasuke-kun? Even you have had quite a few days off, ne?"

Sasuke gave a curt nod, not really listening. "Hn."

"Ah! Congratulations on the promotion, Sasuke-kun." Ino beamed him a smile.

"Hn."

"ANBU captain, wow, that's so cool." Ino chirped, Sakura nodding in agreement.

"You're really lucky, Sasuke-kun, captain is such an honor." Sakura smiled, throwing her long braid over her shoulder.

"Hn."

"I'm starting to wonder if you can speak at all."

Sasuke turned his head to see Himiko Gen standing beside him at their table, he merely glared at her; Sakura and Ino watched curiously.

"Who are you?" Ino asked finally.

"Himiko Gen, I meet Kakashi-san and Uchiha-san last night when they joined us here for dinner." She smiled at the two. "And you are?"

"Haruno Sakura." The pink haired woman shook the teal-eyed woman's hand.

"Yamanaka Ino, soon to be Nara Ino." She flashed her engagement ring before shaking the other woman's hand.

"Wow, nice rock." Gen admired the ring with a grin beneath her mask. "Congratulations."

"Thank you." The blonde beamed.

Gen sat down in the booth beside Sasuke, nearly sitting on his lap, which forced him to move over with a scowl; Gen didn't seem to care as she continued to fawn over Ino's engagement ring. Because of Gen, he was now stuck on the inside of the booth with no escape; he had a feeling she wasn't going to move for him either.

As he watched the girls interact, he found himself watching the Grass-nin. She was a cheery and defiant girl, with a smile that seemed almost contagious, although hidden behind that mask of hers; she kind of reminded him of Naruto, in some ways more than others. He decided to listen to the conversation; maybe he'd learn something about the girl.

"Gen-san, do you have a boyfriend?" Ino raised her eyebrows suggestively.

The lightest hint of pink stained the teal-eyed girl's cheeks. "No," She shook her head.

"I find that hard to believe." Sakura huffed. "You're so pretty! Ne, Sasuke-kun, isn't Gen-san pretty?"

Sasuke blinked, and paused before answering, not sure what to say. He nodded slowly.

Sasuke watched as the blush on Gen's face darkened slightly. "Ino-san, have you thought about kids?" She asked, quickly changing the subject.

"I think," Ino tapped her bottom lip in thought. "A boy, and a girl." She smiled. "Sakura-chan?"

The pink haired woman looked thoughtful for several moments. "I'm not sure, I think I want a girl." She smiled cutely, blushing slightly.

"And you, Uchiha-san?" Gen asked.

Sasuke shook his head. "I have no preference."

"My god, its coherent speech." Gen gasped, hand flying up to cover her mouth. She grinned as he scowled; she took one of his hands in hers and kissed his knuckles through her mask. "I'm sorry." She smiled sweetly, a sincere apology.

Sasuke refused to blush as he pulled his hand out of her grasp and turned toward his drink on the table.

Gen giggled, and Sasuke swore he heard her mumble 'kawaii' before turning back to Sakura and Ino. "So when's the big day?"

"August twenty-third." Ino smiled dreamily.

"Wow, that's almost three months from now." Gen nodded to her own statement.

Ino clasped the teal-eyed woman's hands in hers. "Will you come, Gen-san?" She asked suddenly.

A few locks of wavy red-brown hair fell into her eyes. "Ino-san, I don't know how long I'll be here for. I asked my friend if we could stay for a little while, but we do have obligations back home."

Ino nodded. "Then at least come back for the wedding, if you don't stay that long, at least try to make it?"

"Ino-san, you just met me a few moments ago."

"I know." The blonde grinned. "But I like you."

The waitress came back and handed them their meals before retreating to another table.

Sakura blew on her steaming blow of ramen. "Gen-san, who's this friend of yours?"

Gen chuckled. "Jiro?" She waved her hand in a dismissive manner. "He's just my friend, he's fairly laid back but has a tendency to loose his temper. He's so troublesome." She shook her head. "I swear I'm baby-sitting him." She grinned.

"You're baby-sitting me? Don't make me laugh."

Gen looked up to see the blue haired man standing beside her. "I've been looking for you, but I stopped to talk." She told him.

"You were looking for me here?" He quirked an eyebrow in question.

She nodded.

He looked at her flatly. "I hate ramen, it's disgusting."

"You do not!" She chided. "You yelled at me last night for stealing your second helping."

"Did not." He huffed.

"Yes you did." Sasuke replied monotone.

Niro glared at the young Uchiha. "Whatever." He glanced away.

"Yatta!" Gen cheered. She turned and threw her arms around Sasuke's neck and hugged him close; Sasuke looked startled, but made no motion to move away.

She giggled as her partner huffed and turned away, walking to the door and pausing. "We've got things to do, hurry up."

She tightened her hold on Sasuke before kissing his cheek and rushing after her partner. "Bye!" She yelled back to the three.

Sakura and Ino grinned. "I think she likes you, Sasuke-kun." They giggled in unison.

Sasuke huffed. "Jiro-san says she's just overly friendly." He mumbled as he straitened his hair and clothes.

"Perhaps Sasuke-kun likes her too." Ino grinned at Sakura.

Sakura nodded. "I think you're right, Ino-chan."

Sasuke glared at the two. The only person he liked, and ever will, disappeared seven years ago; not that he'd ever tell anyone that, except maybe Kakashi.