Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ My Love For You ❯ What Is Up ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(I Promise ALL my readers that I WILL get to the Romance! I bet everyone is tired of Haku's sob-story with Temari, so I'm going to make it up!)
 
 
 
 
 
Haku walked the streets of Konoha remembering what Tsunade had said.
 
 
 
 
“Haku-san, Temari-chan is going to be okay, but lately there have been some people trying to break into her room,” Tsunade had warned. “What, do you know who they are,” Haku asked as Tsunade shook her head no. “When we caught two of the ninja's they used a Jitsu that killed them. So we do not know. I was hoping that you would know something about it,” Tsunade said as she looked at him. “You think I'm involved don't you,” Haku asked now somewhat insulted. “Yes, I don't trust rogue ninjas,” Tsunade snapped. “You're one to talk,” Haku snapped back. “Oh really, I didn't try to kill the Mizukage! That was you! All I did was leave for 12 years,” Tsunade growled. “Even so, I wouldn't be involved with anything that might hurt Temari-chan! Let alone aid rogue ninjas,” yelled Haku. All the sudden some men came up behind them. “Take him away,” Tsunade had ordered.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kicking a can, Haku grind his teeth at the thought of what Tsunade did. Cursing her, he ran into another person. “Oww... Who are you,” said a girl. “I'm sorry, my names Haku, and I should have been looking where I was going,” Haku apologized. “It's fine, oh my names Sakura (I know she's more... How should I put this, lively,) by the way,” she said. “Wait, aren't you the girl from the academy class me and Temari-chan were guests in,” said Haku. “Wait a minute, yeah I was, you're that tracker-nin from the Mist! What are you still doing in Konoha,” she asked. “I can't leave, if I do, I will be killed,” Haku simply explained. “What, why,” she asked. “I see no need to explain myself to you, but tell me Sakura-chan, what do you know about Uzumaki Naruto,” Haku sort of growled at her. `I don't like how he's acting,' Sakura thought. “Me and him are on the same team, I find him very annoying,” she answered reluctantly. “I see, so you both graduated.... nice to talk to you Sakura-chan, I'm sorry for running into you,” Haku said as he walked off.
 
 
 
 
 
Haku had asked Naruto and Hinata to lunch. He had a feeling that Hinata liked Naruto, from there conversation about him. He knew that it really wasn't his business, but it was better than doing nothing all day. “Hi Haku-san,” Hinata greeted. “Hello Hinata-chan, Naruto-kun should be joining us soon enough,” Haku said as Hinata blushed. “Um, Haku-san... Are... Are you trying to make Naruto-kun my boyfriend,” she asked sensing that there was something up. “You're correct, is that why you're dressed up,” Haku asked as he looked her over. She was wearing a black dress that slit on the side, it wasn't low cut, but it looked beautiful on her. Her hair was styled in the lasted fashion, and she was wearing makeup. “Well I... sort of guessed,” she answered. They heard someone yell and then Naruto came up to them. “Hey, woah,” Naruto said as he looked Hinata over. `Looks like he likes what he sees,' Haku thought as she blushed. “Hello Naruto-kun, I see you dressed up as well,” Haku said as Naruto stared some more at Hinata. Naruto was wearing a black dress shirt, with black pants and shoes. He had for once in his life, combed his hair, and looked really nice! “Naruto-kun, you're staring,” Haku whispered in his ear. Naruto jumped, and then he and Haku sat down. There was a silence around them that made things tence. Naruto and Hinata were blushing and wouldn't make eye contact. When there food came Haku had already planed on what to do. “Say Naruto-kun, I DARE you and Hinata-chan to go SLOW dance,” Haku taunted as Hinata threw her head up in shock. “Okay, I will,” Naruto agreed sensing that Haku was taunting him. Naruto then took Hinata's hand and went to the dance floor. Haku sort of laughed as he watched them. Naruto wasn't a bad dancer, but he couldn't quite get the number. Hinata was a sport, and helped him out. Haku turned away from them to look out the window. It was beautiful outside, the calm atmosphere was relaxing. But Haku was starting to miss the snow of his homeland. Haku's mind drifted as the music played. He loved the snow, it was the only real thing he could relate to. That is, besides Temari. She and the snow were the only things he really liked. Sure he liked other things, but those made him the happiest. “Haku-san, the dance is over,” Naruto said as he and Hinata returned to the table. “Sirs, and ma'am, here are your drinks,” the waiter said as he sat them down. “Thank you,” Haku replied as he looked away from the window. “Haku-san... um, is something wrong,” Hinata perked up. “Ah, just thinking,” Haku said as he smiled. “I'll be right back,” Haku said as he got up.
 
 
 
 
Haku left the restaurant after paying the bill. He knew that Naruto would ask Hinata to be his girlfriend soon, and she'd say yes, so there was no need for him to stay. Coming near the bath house he saw a man with white hair going near the women's bath. `What is he doing,' Haku thought as he followed him.