Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto a new arc ❯ The Pictures ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter 5
 
Sakura stares down at the floor with an expression of concern and confusion. She raises her fist and opens it. She looks at her palm of doubt about her actions of her last mission two weeks ago that's she failed. She looks at a bed that has not been used in years but then again the apartment hasn't been occupied in three years in general. She looks at a picture she seen everyday she wakes up on a brewer. It was Kakashi-sensei, Naruto, Sasuke, and her at the age of twelve.
 
Sasuke. Why? Still I couldn't save you again from him. She clenches her fist of how weak she still is.
 
Flashback
 
“Why, why are you doing this?” Sakura yells crying but holding Naruto in her lap unconscious of the rough battle he had.
 
They found Sasuke and Orochimaru in a cave hiding out as they were following Sai, Sai the traitor that betrayed team 7 went with Orochimaru to once again of his self-ambition to destroy Konoha.
 
Sasuke stares at Sakura with his Sharingan fully activated but in his demonic form. He knew this form scared her but because of it he gives her a cold stare.
 
“I said why you are doing this? I thought your brother was your enemy not your friends,” Sakura retorts. “We came her save you from Orochimaru, the man that's wants to destroy Konoha by using your body.”
 
“I didn't ask for you to come,” Sasuke replies unemotionally to her. “You came on your free well just like I came to Orochimaru on my free well. I told you I am avenger and I will kill that man even if I have to sell my soul to the devil. I realized now that Konoha was holding back my true powers but now...” He brings his right hand to his face clenches his fist. “...Now I am more powerful then I was before.”
 
Sakura look intently at Naruto as his proof of Sasuke's new powers.
 
“Being with Orochimaru made me see what my brother true intentions are,” Sasuke stares at Sakura with determination in his voice. “I know what my brother wants and I won't let him get it, even if I have to become a monster.”
 
Flashback ends
 
Sakura stares at the picture, walks over and picks it up. What did you mean true intentions Sasuke? Maybe there is more then him getting revenge for his family. Maybe Orochimaru knows more then he's letting us believe and using Sasuke to get it. Sakura sign. But what is it.
 
A gust of wind come in from an open window as Sakura shields her eyes but accidentally drops the picture. She picks the picture up, but looks under Sasuke's bed to see a loose board that have been touched on the other side of the bed. She gets up quick to close the window and shuts it. She places the picture down exactly where she found it and walks over to the bed. She bends down, puts her finger under the bed and moves it towards her. She walks around the bed, bends down, while pulling out her Kunai, and stops at the loose board on the floor. Sakura digs her Kunai into the floor and pulls up the loose board. She pulls up another loose board next to it and put it aside. She looks down and sees a box that looked handcrafted. Clueless, she pulls it out, gets up, and sits on the bed. She opens it up as she looks in shock.
 
These are pictures of Sasuke when he was young. She signs how cute and innocent he was and smiling standing in front of his house with his mother. Judging from his age he had to be at least six years old. His mother was beautiful woman. Their was 15 pictures in all. She starts to shuffle through all of them of Sasuke when he was a baby and mostly up to when he was around eight years old.
 
“Hmm.” Sakura smiles at them never seeing any pictures of Sasuke when he was younger smiling and happy.
 
She starts to come across a little girl picture five years old. Sakura stares at the little girl as she examines it. The little girl was very cute as she had long black hair, dark brown eyes, and a smile that can stop a boy in his tracks. She wears a beautiful pink kamoto dress that look like she was royalty. She stood in front of Sasuke house as she stands under an Uchiha fan symbol flag. She looks at another picture of her a little older like around seven with a forehead protector on and more a ninja wear outfit on. The forehead protector had a wolf running on it. Sakura knew off the bat that she was from the Hidden Forest Village that once was a great village a long time ago from her history lessons at the academy. This time Sasuke was standing next to her smiling in the photo putting up bunny ears behind her. His older brother stood behind them eyeing Sasuke of what he was doing and smiles. It was the first time Sakura ever saw a picture of Itachi smiling or any picture with his brother in it. Sakura never saw Itachi directly up front but all she knows was he is after Naruto of what he has inside of him.
 
As she kept going through the pictures she realizes the little girl was in a lot of these pictures either with Itachi or Sasuke or both and they all looked like a happy family. She couldn't understand why the girl was their but she graduated from the academy where she lives at a young age and that surprised Sakura. Now she even more determined to find out who this little girl is and maybe if she still alive, can tell her more about Sasuke so she can save him and find out what he means by those words he told her.
 
She looks out the window as she sees the sun about to go down. “Oh no. I told Hokaga-sama I would help her with her paperwork,” Sakura signs in boredom. “That woman has to much stuff to do...,” Sakura hold her left hand towards her head of a headache.”...Especially the paperwork. But then again, maybe she can help me find this little girl.”
 
She gets up and starts putting everything back the way it was.