Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto a new arc ❯ Itachi and Kisame ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 19
 
Tori reappears in front of Kai, Sakura, Nezumi and still an unconscious Naruto. Nezumi runs to Tori side, grabs her and smiles. Sakura stare at Tori not sure what the hell is going on as the chakra she sensed before in her is gone.
 
“Why did you stop the battle? Could you not take on Orochimaru by yourself?” Sakura asked.
 
“No Sakura,” Tori answers. “I offered him a truce.”
 
“A truce?” Sakura had a confused expression on her face.
 
“Yes because the situation have changed and Orochimaru and I don't want to take action in it.”
 
“What do you mean?” Sakura asked.
 
“As we speak two members of the Akatsuki are heading this way,” Tori responds. Sakura eyes widen remembering her battle with Sasori. “No doubt their after Naruto something I can't afford right now.”
 
“But doesn't Orochimaru want to kill Naruto too.” Sakura replied.
 
“Yes. But with me here and Kai the battle will play out to long and they will arrive in less then ten minutes. No doubt that they will kill Orochimaru and then come after us,” Tori explain to her. Kai and Sakura eyes widen. Kai immediately lifts up Naruto's body. “We must leave at once. Let's go!”
 
Sakura nods her head understanding her actions now. They all run using their ninja speed towards Konoha direction.
 
000000000000000000000000000
 
Itachi and Kisume get to the area where Tori and Kabuto were fighting of not seeing anybody around. Kisame eyes the damage of sensing a powerful chakra near by as his Samehade starts to react. Kisame grabs it behind him and stare in the direction of Konoha.
 
“Something happened here but the fighting had stop or we of seen more destruction in the area. Do you think...” Kisame said.
 
Itachi looks at the sky of the flowing clouds moving. “No I can still feel her near but in the direction of Konoha. Their not that far off. We must hurry to intercept them. Let's go.”
 
Kisame and Itachi races off in the direction of Tori and the others.
 
Tori eyes behind her. At this rate they will catch up. I just hope everything doesn't fall on us. I am in no mood now to fight those two. Not when I have to worry about others getting in the crossfire. Better have good reason for calling more Tsunade-sama.
 
Kai eyes Tori but not sure what's she thinking with that blank expression she always gives of being calm.
 
“How close are they?” Kai asked.
 
“Six minutes away.” Tori reply.
 
“Six minutes away. We should be getting ready for a trap to surprise them. They'll catch up if we just keep running.” Sakura requested.
 
“Don't worry Sakura. I won't allow anything to happen. We must pick up are pace. Sakura can you focus all your chakra to your speed?”
 
“Yes I can but I'm not good at controlling the speed of stopping at a specific point if I use the Jutsu to long.”
 
“It will have to do. I will be your support if you miss step your chakra intake. I want everybody to do it now.” Tori says. We must by time. Where not where we suppose to be yet.
 
They all put two fingers up to their foreheads. “Release!!!” They all say at the same time. In a second, their body starts to flash through the forest with a rush of speed.
 
Itachi looks in the distance and feels a huge chakra rush being emitted as this separates their timing of getting to them even more.
 
“We must pick up our speed.” Itachi said.
 
He and Kisame put their two fingers to their forehead.
 
“Release!!!” They both say at the same time.
 
Their body starts to flash through the forest must quicker then Tori and the others speed.
 
Tori looks behind her and feeling them gaining on them as she felt a chakra burst coming from their direction.
 
“Persist are we Itachi. No matter our job is done.” Tori eyes Sakura in front of her as her foot was about to step on something she didn't want her to step.
 
Tori quickly grabs Sakura shoulder before she landed and pull her in an inch away from where her foot was going to land. Sakura, three seconds later, feel a shift in her body movement, she barely even noticed it as Tori appear in a flash next to her.
 
“T-Tori?” Sakura says surprised.
 
“Follow where I step ok.” Tori said without even looking at her.
 
“Ok.” Sakura responded.
 
Tori movements changed as she was hitting specific spot among the trees as if avoiding something. The others followed her actions without any questions.
 
Itachi and Kisame still traveling at a high pace but Itachi stops sensing something off. Kisame stops as well but his foot lands on the part where Sakura foot was about to step.
 
“Kisame!” Itachi yells notcing it but it was to late.
 
A large expulsion erupted around the area, knocking down the trees around the vicinity as black smoke formed the aftermath. Sakura and the others stop as she hears the large expulsion behind them, feeling the tree vibrate underneath her feet.
 
“What the!?” Sakura says stun of the expulsion.
 
Three images flash behind them as Sakura turns around feeling their presence.
 
“Kakashi-sensei?” Sakura called out confused.
 
“Hey.” Kakashi says in his happy expression and gives her a friendly wave.
 
Standing on different trees Gai and Asuma accompany him as they look in the direction of the expulsion.
 
“Do you think it got them?” Asume asked.
 
Tori eyes stare in the direction too. “I wouldn't bet on it. We should keep moving.”
 
They all nod their heads and speed off towards Konoha.
 
Itachi and Kisame body looked untouched as they stand a few meters away from the expulsion area. Itachi eyes the direction of Konoha.
 
“Good thing you sensed a trap before we went in the area, so we could let our Shadow replication on in, in front of us.” Kisame said holding the back of his sword of frustration with Tori. “I'm going to enjoy are fight when we reach them.”
 
“No.” Itachi said.
 
“Huh?” Kisame gives him a puzzled look.
 
“She planned this before we even got here which means she knew we were coming before all of this started.”
 
“What do you mean?” Kisame asked.
 
“From the way everything played out, from us getting here, a feeling tells me this was planned by her and with us right behind her there is no way she could of set this trap. Which means that there are other ninja in the area and I having a feeling Kakashi is one of them too because I can sense him and those other two men we face three years back when we try to get Naruto-kun in the village.”
 
Kisame look at Itachi concerned of what is ahead of them.
 
“So it would appear she had a full proof escape planned ready for us but the timing had to be set right for it to happen so that is why the fight with Orochamru stop because of this.” Itachi said.
 
“Impressive little girl were after,” Kisame says. But he looks at Itachi with curious eyes. “But it amazes me how you pick up this plan of not even meeting this girl before.”
 
“That's because I trained her.” Itachi says with an emotionless expression. Kisame eyes widen in shock. “We will get her another day.”
 
“But they will get angry of returning empty handed.” Kisame protested.
 
“If we pursue them we will be killed,” Itachi says. “The ninja that came to there aid are Jounin ninjas and then we must deal with Tori herself who is powerful then all of them put together. At this point we are at a Disadvantage and we mine as well be willing to jump to our deaths. It can't be help we must retreat,” Kisame sign of disappointment. “Let's go.”
 
They both rush off in a different direction away from Konoha. Itachi started to feel some what unsure of the true details of Tori plans if she knew they were coming ahead of time.
 
How long will you run from me Tori? I thought I taught you better. It will appear you pick up some of my little brothers habits. Then let's start a new game then. Itachi thought feeling more excited then anticipated of seeing her again.