Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto a new arc ❯ An offer ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 22
 
Tori eyes open, looking at the white curtains that were blowing in front of her, that would be used to give a patients privacy. She feels something underneath her, realizing she not in her chair anymore but on a bed. She pulls the covers off of her half way and pushes her body forward, noticing she is still in the hospital.
 
“So it was a dream.” Tori says to herself in a low tone. She just notice she was in Naruto's hospital bed and looks over at the window seeing him asleep on the chair she was in, leaning on the ledge as it supports his head. Naruto. She stares at him not understanding how she was moved and not notice it. Her body started to feel butterflies in her stomach all of a sudden. What wrong with me? Why can't I.... No snap out of it Tori. But I wonder who that boy was in the dream. She quickly get out of the bed and walks to the window. She looks up at the sky of the flowing clouds. I want...I want to meet that boy.
 
Naruto slowly opens his eyes feeling a presence near him but couldn't get words to come out his mouth of Tori beauty, as a few strands of hair came down both sides of her face, while the wind gently blow them past her ears. Tsunade was watching outside the room and smirks of Naruto remembering her of Jiraiya trying to hit on her when she fully blossom into a woman, but Tori not as aggressive as she was or other girls for that matter. To Tsunade, Tori is very mature for her age but at the same time still a child of the simple things she oblivious too. Tsunade referring this to Naruto crush on her. She walks away, leaving them alone, hoping Naruto will change her mind of those simple things as she leaves him in Tori's care. Tsunade sees Sakura coming towards her with a white flower in her hand about to come and visit Naruto.
 
“Hello Hokage-sama. Is Naruto awake now or did Tori fall asleep again looking out the window.” Sakura says with a smile.
 
Tsunade eyes her of seeing them together but hope Sakura will not get jealous of Tori being around because that how it ends up as boys pay more attention to her and not other girls. But it can't be help as most boys want to see strong female Kunoichi then weak ones because they can become bothersome.
 
“Sakura what do you think of Tori?” Tsunade asked.
 
Sakura eye Tsunade, surprised she would ask that question out the blue. “W-Well she a very skilled Jounin ninja despite the fact she one year older then me. She not like other girls as she remind me of my mother kind, gentle, and beautiful. Who doesn't want to be like her?” Sakura give her a smile disregarding the new feeling she starting to feel towards Naruto but his attention been turned towards Tori lately.
 
“Interesting. She told me she admire you as well.” Tsunade said smiling.
 
Sakura stood surprised. “Really?”
 
Tsunade nods her head. “She is going to make great company from now on.” Tsunade says walking pass her.
 
“But,” Sakura looks down at the floor and sees an image of Tori sinister smile, slamming Kabuto face in the mountain. She gets a chill up her spin as Sakura knew she wasn't even using her full power on him. “D-Do Tori have a split personality?”
 
Tsunade stops walking and look at her clueless, of Sakura not eyeing her, sensing concern in her voice. “A split personality?”
 
“When she was facing Orochimaru it was as if it wasn't her but something else,” Sakura says griping the flower in her hand of fear. “She was as if enjoying crushing Kabuto when she took him out in matter of minutes like he was nothing.”
 
Tsunade eyes her of hearing that part from Tori about what happened but never vision her enjoying herself. So it maybe true that she does have a split personality after all. It was many speculations about it but because I never seen her in an intense battle she was always calm around me. There are many gaps in Tori that are hard to figure out even with my time with her. But I trust Tori with my life because she puts her teammates first in battle that is a Jounin first priority. Kakashi I want to see how far they will flourish. Do not take my decision as an insult to your talents. But given the time I must.
 
“Don't worry about it Sakura,” Tsunade says smiling at her. “Everybody changes in battle to throw off their opponents. I can recall you doing the same thing.” Sakura smiles at her feeling more at ease. “Your going to learn many things here on out. Do your best Sakura.”
 
Tsunade walks away from her. Sakura eyes her bewildered of not understanding much of her last words, but shrugs it off and walks towards Naruto's room hearing his voice.
 
“Hey you hit me and that really hurt!” Naruto says.
 
Tori was surprised he scolding her of her actions but she smiles at him making her feel more comfortable around him. “Sorry.”
 
Sakura walks into the room and quickly places the flower in a vase next to Naruto's bed.
 
“Sorry? How come you didn't punch Sakura first then?” Naruto said in a low tone.
 
Sakura gives him a cold stare, hops over the bed and punches him on the head. “Because you haven't learned you're an idiot!!!”
 
“AAHH!” Naruto drops to the ground holding his head. “Why me.”
 
“Good, your both here,” Tori says and positions herself in front of both of them. “You all have questions about what happened so you mind as well ask me.”
 
“Oh that's right. What happened with the battle with Orochimaru?” Naruto desperately asked.
 
“The battle ended in a truce,” Tori responded. Naruto had a clueless expression. “While you were unconscious the situation changed and Orohimaru had no choice but to take the truce I offered him.”
 
“You offered him?” Naruto said surprised.
 
“Yes you probably had seen them before the two Akatsuki members that tried to kidnap you three years back. They were the ones coming to intercept us during our battle” Tori elucidated.
 
Naruto eyes widen of an image of Itachi and Kisame at the hotel, him and Jiraiya was staying, trying to find Tsunade. Naruto clenches his fist in anger wishing he can kill Itachi for causing Sasuke pain.
 
“But with our planning we got out of their safe without any hassle. So don't worry too much in it.” Tori says quickly seeing Naruto reaction.
 
Sakura remembered Tori saying to Orochimaru and Kabuto about Sasuke. “How do you know about Sasuke then? I heard you say it to Orochimaru?”
 
“You know Sasuke?” Naruto said anxious.
 
“Yes I do,” Tori said calmly. Naruto and Sakura looked disarray. Tori walk to the window and looks at the sky. “Sasuke and I have been friends since we were young kids.”
 
Sakura remembers the little girl in the pictures next to Sasuke. “So you're the little girl in the pictures with Sasuke.” Sakura blurred out.
 
Naruto looks at them both confused of not understanding anything.
 
Tori eyes Sakura of her finding photos of Sasuke and her together when they were young. “Yes it is. I have already understand the situation with him every since Orochimaru fought with him in the Chuunin exams giving the mark on his neck. Orochimaru must be dealt with much sooner then I thought but then again we have the upper hand right now.”
 
“But how did you meet Orochimaru?” Sakura curiously asked.
 
“I met him while I was on a mission when I was a Chuunin ninja. It was unexpected but I heard rumors of this guy power so I took it in consideration of not fighting him because it would have been useless at my current level in abilities. But I learned his moves and Jutsu along the way to face him another day. If those two Akatsuki haven't showed up I would have defeated him,” Tori said. Naruto and Sakura eyes widen of shock of how powerful she is at her age. “That is why I hit you Naruto because you would have gotten in my way and jeopardizes everything. Your hot head would have gotten us all in danger as you in no doubt would have used Kyuubi powers because of Orochimaru holding Sasuke. As much as I want to save Sasuke from that man you have to think wisely in battle with him because he is very sneaky and tricky.”
 
Naruto clenches his fist at his sides feeling more useless then he was before when facing Sasuke and failed because he had to be contained by Yamato of further using Kyuubi powers. If he only can maintain his power more effectively he wouldn't have to be feared of being contained all the time.
 
“So I'm lying out a proposal for the both of you,” Tori says. “If you want to truly save Sasuke life from Orochimaru and his brother, and your life Naruto from the Akatsuki you would let me train you as your new sensei.”
 
“EHHH!!!” Both Naruto and Sakura said at the same time shocked.