Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto no eating my students! ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own Naruto.
Yeah Rachika, Naruto needs to stop messing with Sasuke's memory but he's meant to be helping him without him knowing what he is so sometimes he has to.
This story was originally meant to mainly focus on Naruto and Sasuke but it seems to have a mind of its own and want to focus on Iruka and Kakashi, at least at this point of time.
 
Chapter 5
 
Kakashi stared out of the window of his dingy little apartment. It had been three weeks since he had learnt the truth about Iruka and he still didn't know what to think or do. He hadn't seen the immortal since he had run from the others house so he was obviously giving him space to think things over. Could he believe his declaration of love or was he simply playing with him? Immortality surely got boring enough that playing with mortals would be something to do. Then again, Iruka could have kept doing whatever it was he did and Kakashi would never have been the wiser. He shook his head; he just didn't know what to do. He had felt safe with Iruka, as if nothing could hurt him, but were those feelings real or something the older man had done to him? But what did it matter? He was so tired, would it hurt to give into the immortal, to let him do whatever he wanted with him? Slowly he got up and left his apartment, heading towards the nicer part of town without really paying attention to what he was doing. He didn't care anymore, Iruka was either genuine or not and it didn't matter. He half stumbled up to the door he had all but run from three weeks ago and knocked but there was no answer. He let himself slump to the ground tiredly. Had he waited too long? Had Iruka left? He curled up slightly even as his eyelids began to droop slowly. He was asleep within minutes.
 
-------------------------
Iruka sighed as he dismissed his class, watching as Naruto stayed close to Sasuke as they left, chatting and gesturing wildly and to Iruka's surprise the Uchiha actually seemed to be listening. So Naruto had begun to make some progress. He managed a weary smile in return to the concerned look Naruto threw him as the apparent teenager left before slumping back into his chair. It had been three weeks since the day with Kakashi and he missed the mortal so much it hurt. He hadn't fed since and it showed, he was pale and shaky and his hair hung limply in its ponytail. He just couldn't make himself feed though. He'd gone to Allure but no one had been able to interest him and he couldn't bring himself to feed off anyone he didn't have some sort of interest in. Sighing again he got up tiredly and tidied the classroom before leaving for home.
 
Iruka froze and stared in disbelief. He had to be hallucinating from hunger, that was it. He'd finally snapped from stress and was now seeing things because there was no way Kakashi was slumped in front of his door either asleep or unconscious, was there? Hesitantly he approached and reached out with a trembling hand to touch the others neck. Warm skin and a steady pulse met his shaking fingers and he let go of the breath he hadn't realised he was holding. Iruka knelt and tenderly lifted the silver haired man into his arms, using a small push of power to open the door to his house. He slipped inside and gently placed his burden on the couch before grabbing a blanket to place over the man. He checked him over for injuries but didn't find any so he assumed he was just in a deep sleep. Iruka smiled honestly for the first time in weeks, Kakashi had come to him willingly. He gently ran his fingers through the silver strands before going into the kitchen to prepare a warm meal for his guest for when he woke.
 
--------------
“Soooooo. What do you want to do this afternoon? Movie, arcade, what?” Naruto asked while walking backwards and in front of Sasuke.
 
“We have a biology assignment due Monday.” Naruto couldn't help the small flash of delight. Since their fight the day he barged in on Iruka Sasuke had begun to respond to him more often and without as much anger.
 
“Fine, spoil sport. We can do that first, then what?” Naruto smothered an amused smirk at the irritated sigh that passed his friends lips.
 
“Movie.” Sasuke finally answered shortly.
 
“Great. So lets get that assignment done!” Naruto grabbed his arm and started dragging him towards the Uchiha house. Sasuke sighed but let himself be dragged.
 
-----------------------
Kakashi felt warm and safe and most definitely did not want to wake up and have those feelings vanish. However something or someone seemed pretty insistent that he do so.
 
“Kakashi. You need to wake up now.” He frowned slightly, still mostly asleep, that voice was familiar.
“Come on Kakashi, you need to eat something.” He groaned and then sleepily opened his eyes. He blinked and the vague blob resolved into a smiling but tired Iruka.
“Hey, about time you woke up. I was getting worried.” Iruka backed off a bit as Kakashi slowly sat up.
 
“Iruka?” The immortal nodded and helped steady him before slipping a tray onto his lap.
 
“Chicken soup and toast, should help.” Iruka hovered nearby as Kakashi ate slowly and then took the tray once he was done.
“Are you all right?” Iruka asked softly and Kakashi finally truly looked at him. Iruka paled at the hopeless lost look in his eyes and sat down beside him.
“Kakashi what is it? Please tell me?” Iruka slowly took his hand, not sure what reaction he would get since last time he'd seen the mortal he had been afraid of Iruka. But Kakashi didn't pull away.
 
“I'm so tired. I don't know what to believe or to trust and I just don't care anymore.” Iruka could almost feel his heart break at the dead tone of Kakashi's voice. What had the younger man gone through to do this to him?
 
“You can trust me Kakashi, I promise I will never hurt you.” Iruka looked him straight in the eye as he spoke, willing him to believe him. He sighed sadly as Kakashi's expression didn't change. He slowly wrapped his arms around the mortal, hugging him gently.
“It's going to be okay, I'll look after you now.” Iruka whispered. He felt Kakashi sag against him and began gently stroking his back. When he felt the mortal fall asleep he waited for another half an hour before standing and carrying him into the bedroom. He settled the sleeping man into the bed after removing his shoes, he didn't strip him because he wanted Kakashi to learn to trust him and he knew mortals were fairly nervous about nudity. He even made sure to wear pyjamas to bed himself and then held Kakashi as he drifted off to sleep.
 
-----------------------
Kakashi stared up at the unfamiliar ceiling, puzzled. At least he was fully dressed this time and he knew he wasn't alone. Rolling over he relaxed slightly as he recognised Iruka sleeping beside him. Last night was fuzzy, probably due to exhaustion and hunger, but the fact that they were both clothed led him to believe that nothing had happened. He smiled slightly as he watched the immortal sleep, right now he couldn't bring himself to distrust him or his motives, Iruka just looked too innocent when asleep. He rolled more fully onto his side and studied Iruka closely. He didn't look any older than him and there was nothing that screamed `not human'. The scar across his nose was rather cute in its own way and suited him. He reached out and gently ran a finger across the scar, pulling back quickly when Iruka shifted and warm brown eyes blinked open. Iruka smiled at him and rolled over to fully face him.
 
“Morning. You can touch it if you want, I don't mind.” Kakashi fought down a blush at being caught.
 
“How did you get it?”
 
“Some idiot vampire hunter who thought I was a vampire. I've had it since I was twenty.”
 
“Did it hurt?”
 
“A lot. Bled for ages because of its position.” Iruka reached out and ran a gentle hand down Kakashi's face. Kakashi stayed still and let him. Part of him was desperately yearning for the easy talk and interaction they'd had before while another part was urging him to run.
 
“How old are you?” Kakashi asked hesitantly, not sure if he wanted to know. Iruka could sense that and smiled.
 
“Older than I look. I don't think you're ready for an exact age but I am under two centuries.” Kakashi nodded.
“Kakashi, I'm still the same person you knew three weeks ago. You don't have to be so tense. I promise to never hurt you and I meant it.”
 
“I…I'm sorry it's just that it's weird and well scary, finding out that humans aren't the only species around. I've heard the legends and they're.”
 
“Not exactly very flattering to us. A lot of what's in those legends is false. For example, Naruto is a vampire but he goes out during the day and I don't kill everyone I have sex with others wise you'd be dead obviously. Some legends were started by us to make it easier to hide, others by mortals who knew about us but not everything so they made things up and some are total fiction created by people with no knowledge of us. I'll answer any questions you have to the best of my ability; I want you to feel comfortable around me.” Kakashi stared at him for a bit before nodding.
“I meant what I said before, I do love you but I'm not going to push for anything. For one thing you wouldn't remember afterwards and I think you need a friend more at the moment. There's no pressure Kakashi.”
 
--------------------
Naruto smiled shyly at the man who was eyeing him, earning a predatory smirk. The man strolled over to him and ran a hand up his arm. He forced a blush and a shy look, letting the man lead him towards and alley. Once inside things changed. Naruto grabbed the hand on his shoulder and used it to spin the man before slamming him into the wall. While the man was dazed ice blue eyes met his and his world went dark. Naruto released his prey as the mans face went blank, showing he was under his control. This let him move to a better position before he lowered his mouth to the mans jugular and bit down with suddenly lengthened canines. He withdrew the teeth and began to drink, savouring the taste of the warm liquid as it slid down his throat. He only pulled back when the mans heart gave a final bear and then fell silent. He dropped the body to the filth covered concrete and then used a knife he found on his victim to hide his fang marks. He stared down at the body and did not feel one shred of remorse, he had felt the mans intentions before he had even seen him. The man targeted teenagers and that was reason enough for him to die. Naruto was old enough that killing no longer bothered him; it hadn't for at least several centuries. But lately something had been bothering him when he fed, it wasn't remorse or anything like it but it was something and it was beginning to really annoy him. Shaking his head he slipped from the alley and headed home.
 
TBC…