Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto no eating my students! ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Still not mine.
 
Chapter 6
 
 
Sasuke watched as he friend walked away from his house. They had spent the evening studying together as usual and he could tell something was bothering the blond. The question bothering him was why did he care? He didn't need or want a friend, did he? Sasuke tore himself away from the window and moved to sit on his bed. Everything had changed since Naruto had arrived. The blond just didn't know when to back off and it pissed him off but it also made him feel something he didn't know how to explain. Why was he letting Naruto get to him like this? He knew the blond was hiding a lot. For instance, why did they always come back to his place? He had no idea where Naruto lived. Then there were the looks he often exchanged with Iruka, looks that he couldn't decipher. There was something going on and it was driving him crazy that he couldn't work it out. Then there were the odd dreams he'd started having. Dreams of a dark alley and grotesque attackers with Naruto showing up towards the end and saying something to him. Was he going crazy like his brother?
 
---------------------
Kakashi watched as Iruka moved around the kitchen. He'd been here for three days now and he still didn't know what he was doing. Iruka had been nothing but a gentleman, taking care of his every need without complaint and yet Kakashi still couldn't bring himself to believe it was real. Good things just didn't happen to him, not like this. He started as a gentle hand brushed his cheek and looked up to see Iruka standing in front of him, frowning in concern.
 
“Are you okay?” Kakashi swallowed, how should he answer?
“Hey, it's okay.” Iruka moved to kneel so that they were at eye level. Kakashi just stared at him and Iruka began to get very worried.
“Kakashi what is it?”
 
“I should go home.” Okay so not really what he'd been thinking about but it was true.
“I can't keep being a bother for you.” He stood slowly but Iruka grabbed his wrist gently and stood as well.
 
“Is that what you think, that you're a bother? I want you here Kakashi. Will you stay here, with me?”
 
“Stay?” Iruka smiled gently at the bewildered look on his loves face.
 
“Move in with me.”
 
“But…the school.”
 
“I don't care. I love you Kakashi, I don't care how many times I have to say it until you believe me. I only stayed at the school for Sasuke and Naruto's there now. You need me now.” Iruka gently cupped his face in his hands, being very careful not to frighten him.
“I said I'll look after you and I meant it.” Iruka pulled him into his arms and held him gently. Kakashi had seemed so much more self-assured that first night, had it been an act? Or had something happened in the week between those two meetings?
 
----------------------
Naruto remained perfectly still, not even breathing, as he watched the men gathered below his hiding place. Of course that didn't mean his mind was silent. Oh no, mentally he was swearing like crazy. Why? Simple reason, he hated Hunters. And what were the men gathered below him? Hunters. He'd have to get word out quickly so that everyone could leave town or hide in the deepest holes they could find. He had to warn Iruka to keep Kakashi close if they had a sensitive with them and he'd have to do the same with Sasuke. Plus Allure would have to be temporarily shut for renovations or something. He waited until he was sure they were gone before taking off across the rooftops towards Iruka's.
 
Naruto dropped soundlessly to the ground and knocked on the door. His expression must have been fairly grim because the welcoming smile on Iruka's face vanished.
 
“What is it?”
 
“Inside.” Naruto stated and Iruka let him in. He managed what he hoped was a comforting smile for the mortal curled up on the couch before his attention was focused back on his friend.
 
“Naruto what's going on?” Iruka asked as he sat down beside Kakashi.
 
“How quickly can you get out of town?” Naruto asked, fighting the urge to pace.
 
“What's happened?” Iruka had paled, only something truly terrible would make his mentor ask that.
 
“Hunters, largest group I've seen in centuries and it looks like they have at least one sensitive with them. I'm taking Sasuke and getting out, a sensitive would sense me, and you, on him in seconds and Hunters aren't too particular about who they target. I'll knock him out if I have to but I'm hoping I can talk him into coming. You need to shut Allure down till they're gone.” Naruto finished and Iruka nodded. The younger immortal had only had one run in with Hunters and had been lucky to come away with only the scar across his nose, he would not tempt fate by hanging around.
 
“Guess its time to pull a disappearing act. Know where you're heading?” Iruka felt a pang of grief, despite the headaches, which he was actually getting used to he, missed Naruto when he wasn't around. It had been long enough that the memories of his parents had faded and Naruto had filled that position for most of his life.
 
“Not sure yet, we'll probably change directions a lot at first just in case. You know how to contact me.” Naruto looked at the two on the couch and smiled. They had a chance, more of a chance then him and Sasuke.
“Stay safe kid.” Naruto whispered and was gone. Iruka sagged back on the couch, subconsciously taking Kakashi's hand and holding it tightly.
 
“What's going on? You're leaving?” Iruka sat up as Kakashi spoke and turned to the mortal, drinking in the sight of him.
 
“Yes, this town has just become too dangerous for any non-humans.” Iruka answered softly, squeezing Kakashi's hand, knowing how hard that must be for him to hear.
 
“Oh, I guess I should go then.”
 
“It's too risky for you to go alone. We also need to be fast, just grab what you need or don't want to lose and then back here. I'll do the same and we're on the next train out of town.” Iruka said as he stood, walking over to where he'd left his shoes. He turned in confusion when Kakashi didn't follow.
“Kakashi?”
 
“I'm going with you?” Iruka's confusion turned to understanding and he walked back over to the couch. He pulled Kakashi up and kissed him softly, being very careful of his shields.
 
“If I have my way you're never leaving my side. The Hunters won't care that you're human, they'll be able to sense my power all over you and that's enough for them to kill you. I won't leave you here to face them, I couldn't. We have to run Kakashi and I'm sorry. If I'd stayed away you wouldn't have to run from your life like this.” Iruka looked down, too guilty to look at the mortal. He blinked as a hesitant hand brushed against his face and tilted his head back up.
 
“What life?” Kakashi said quietly and then surprised Iruka by giving him a quick kiss. Iruka smiled and then they left.
 
----------------------------
Naruto grabbed what he needed from the old mansion and then took off for Sasuke's, hoping the teen had stayed in tonight. He all but tore the front door from its hinges in his hurry and swore when he found the house empty. Heading for Sasuke's room he grabbed a bag and began packing whatever looked like it was important to the mortal.
 
“What the hell do you think you're doing!?” Naruto turned to see Sasuke standing in the doorway; obviously he had just arrived home.
 
“Packing for you. See anything I've missed then toss it in but we need to move.”
 
“Move? Move where? And why do you think I'd go with you?”
 
“Because if you don't the odds you'll survive the week are very bad.” Naruto shrugged and went back to packing until Sasuke ripped the bag from his hands.
 
“You better explain Naruto, fast.” Sasuke hissed angrily.
 
“Fine, there's a group in town that once they find you will kill you, happy? And me for that matter. Therefore I plan to remove us both from harms way. So would you get packing?” Naruto held Sasuke's angry gaze but the teen still refused to move.
“Look Sasuke we can do this one of two ways, either you come willingly or unconscious, your choice but option one will make things a lot easier for both of us.” Sasuke just continued to stare at him.
“So what's it going to be?”
 
TBC…