Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Neji and Tenten: 100 love stories ❯ The Day We Met ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Neji and Tenten: 100 stories of Love

By Fennec Fox Girl
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.

Story Twelve: But I thought




When you asked me what kind of
things girls liked, i figured it was
for me, but maybe I thought
wrong.





Tenten decided to awaken early Saturday morning and do some shopping, since there was no training practice scheduled.

"There we go." Tenten said as she finally got her second bun in the right spot of her head.

Today she was wearing a yellow no-sleeve shirt with flower designs and blue capri pants. Her hair was tied up in her usual double bun style, held up with to yellow ribbons.

Tenten grabbed her wallet, pocketed it, and then headed out the door.

Okay, so first on my list is new kunai.

Tenten entered the weapon store, then five minutes later she left with a bag full of things.

Tenten scuffed her feet as she walked down the roads of Konoha.

Okay, next I should get some food.

Tenten had entered the food store and bought a few things, then she departed off to the Hyuuga household to see if the Hyuuga prodigy wanted to go out and do something.

"Excuse me?" Tenten said as she poked her head past the door.

"Oh, Tenten-san. W-what brings y-you here?"

"Hey, Hinata. You wouldn't happen to know where Neji is, would you?"

"W-well, I saw him earlier, but know I t-think he left."

"S-sorry..."

Tenten smiled.

"No, it's okay. I'll just go find him. Thanks!"

Tenten turned around and headed home to drop off her bags.

When she got inside, she noticed that her phone had 1 voice-message.

"Hm?"

I wonder who it's from. Probably Ino or Sakura.

She clicked play.

"Uh, hey, Tenten, it's Neji. I was wondering if you could meet me downtown today, around the jewelry shop. Could you be there by 4:00 p.m.? Thanks. Bye."

Tenten's heart was racing fast.

Since when does Neji leave me voice-messages? What's this about?

Tenten locked the door behind her and headed down the street to where Neji instructed her to go.

Up ahead, she saw Neji, sitting on a bench in front of the Jewelry Shop.

"Hey, Neji." she said as she stopped to catch her breath.

"Hey."

He stood up and walked to the front entrance.

"Coming?"

Tenten stood up straight and replied "Yeah."

Neji and Tenten browsed through the rows of different diamond necklaces, rings, earings, and bracelets.

"So, Neji, what exactly are you here for?"

"Tenten, well, what kind of things do girls like?"

Tenten blushed lightly.

"Well, they like things like this jewelry here, and flowers, and for me weapons."

"Oh."

A few moments later Neji and Tenten left the store.

Neji had purchased a gold chained necklace with a pure gold heart hanging at the bottom.

"W-wow, it's beautiful."

How does he aford that stuff?

He just smiled.

"Whoever that's for is really lucky." she said putting on a cheery smile.

So, I guess it's not for me. Well, why should I care!!?? I mean, seriously, there are other people in his life besides me....I just wish....that it was for me...

"Okay, well, thanks again for helping me."

"No problem! Anytime!"

Anytime it's for me!

And her and Neji went their opposite ways, heading towards their homes.

As Tenten entered her house, she unpacked her groceries and put them away, and then she went upstairs and flopped on her bed, her face in her pillow.

I wonder who the necklace is for.

Suddenly, she sat upright and slapped her forehead.

"I forgot to get milk."

She got up and went over to her mirror and took out her hair, letting it fall past her shoulders.

And after I get milk, I'll stop over at Neji's house and spend some time with him. Maybe see who that necklace is for.

Tenten tied her her up in one ponytail, long and wavy, her bangs still across the front of her face.

She kept the same clothes on, and went out back to the store.

Along the way, Tenten nearly got touched by a bunch of perverts who liked her hair out like that, but luckily, Sakura came along each time out of no where and gave them a one way trip to the moon.

Tenten bought her milk, and now it was around 8:30 p.m.

As she approached the Hyuuga household, she noticed to figures standing outside.

They appeared to be a boy and a girl.

She quickly hid behind a nearby tree, concealed her chakra, and watched.

The boy was Neji, and the girl was a brown haired girl whom Tenten had never seen before.

She couldn't quite hear what they were saying, but she nearly flipped out when she saw him show her the necklace.

WHAT!!! It's for her!!! But, what about me?!

Neji put the necklace around her neck.

She sharply, slowly, sucked in air, trying to keep her cool, but she just couldn't contain it, and stepped out from behind the tree.

Both Neji and the girl looked over at her.

"Neji..." she said as tears rolled down her face.

"Tenten it's not what it looks like."

Neji realized that her hair was out.

She backed up as Neji inched forward.

"I know what it looks like, and I'm fine with it."

"No your not! Your crying!"

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!!!"

Tenten turned around and ran off, her milk on the ground, spilling out.

Neji removed the necklace from the girls neck, put it in his pocket and ran after her.

He followed her down an alley, through the roads of Konoha, all the way back to her house, where he swiftly grabbed hold of her wrist, preventing her from inserting her house key.

"Neji, let me go!" she said, hiding her teared face from his sight.

"Tenten, listen to me! Please."

Tenten stopped moving and slowly faced him.

"What! Isn't your girlfriend waiting for you?!"

"So this is what this is about?"

"Huh?"

Neji released her from his grip.

"She's not my girlfriend. She was Hinata's friend, and I asked her if I could try it on her neck, to size it."

"B-but, Neji, why didn't you ask me what size I was."

"I would've given it away. It wouldn't have been a surprise."

Tenten stood there in silence.

"I so sorry!" she said as more tears rolled down her face.

Slowly, Neji brought his lips to hers, in order to stop her tears.

Tenten was shocked at his actions, but she just wanted to enjoy the moment, and be in Neji's arms.

I.....I want this moment to last.......

Neji deepened the kiss.

Forever.

Neji broke the kiss and watched one more tear roll down her face.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out the gold necklace.

"Please, stop your tears, and accept this gift."

"N-neji..."

He placed the necklace around her neck and wiped her last tear.

"Thanks, Neji."

"Your welcome, now go inside and get some rest."

"O-okay!" she smiled.

He smiled back, gave her one light kiss, and then said goodnight.

Oh, Tenten, if only you remembered,

Neji looked up at the full moon.

Today was the day that we first met.




A/N: Well, here's chapter twelve. Thanks for reading and Please review!!! :)