Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Neji and Tenten: 100 love stories ❯ My Heart Will Go On ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Neji and Tenten: 100 stories of Love

By Fennec Fox Girl
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto

Story 13: My Heart Will Go On



On our mission,
I was stupid and dropped my guard
and I guess the conlusion
would result in me losing my life...



Out in a large field, there were two figures on the grass, and two standing.

One of the two on the ground was laying silently on the grass, seriously injured.

The other was supporting the injured one not to give up faith, to not die.

"Neji...'sob'..." a teary faced Tenten said, strongly gripping onto his hand.

His eyes grew more faded by the minute.

"Please don't go...just hold on a little longer..." she said, trying to make him feel better.

He slowly glanced at her face.

"The medical ninja are coming to help you, so be strong and hold on."

Tenten, Neji, Lee, and Gai sensei had been sent on a mission to aid a neighboring village, and on their way back, they were attacked and Neji got seriously injured. He had been hit with a windmill shuriken right on his stomach and the gash was huge.

He was losing blood by the minute.

"T-.....Ten....Ten..."

Tenten knew that he may not make it, but she still begged him to stay.

"Y-yes, Neji?" she said, her lower lip trembling.

"I-I don't....want to die...yet.."

Those lines just snapped Tenten's heart like a twig, making even more tears run down her face.

Lee and Gai weren't facing Tenten and Neji, for they didn't want to see their dying teammate in so much pain.

"Please, Neji, s-save your breath. Don't say such things."

Gai glanced back at Neji.

It's no use. His inner organs have been ripped to shreads. Unless those medic ninja get here within the next minute or so, he wont make it.

It was around 11:57 p.m., on a cresent moon night.

Neji's eyes were a faded lavender, as he looked back at Tenten.

"The medic ninja are coming. You'll live, don't worry." tears rolled down her cheeks as she forced out those words.

"R....really? Oh, g-good."

Tenten smiled assuringly, but the smile suddenly vanished as she watched his eyes close, and the light grip he had on her hand loosened.

"N-Neji?"

His face grew peaceful as his soul began to leave.

"NO!!!!" she said as she through herself upon him, her crying becoming hard.

.:FlashBack:.

"Okay, Team Gai will consist of Neji Hyuuga, Rock Lee, and Tenten."

"I am a master of Tai-jutsu! Rock Lee!" Lee said as he gracefully kicked the air.

"Hn. Neji Hyuuga." Neji said, folding his arms over his chest.

"I'm Tenten. Nice to meet you!" she held out a hand to Neji.

Neji looked at her with an are-you-serious face, but shook her hand quickly.

"From now on this will be Team Gai!!!"

.:End FlashBack:.

"Don't leave me." she whispered.

He layed there in the grass.

"DON'T LEAVE ME!!!!"

"Enough, Tenten. It's to late."

Now it was 11:58 p.m.

.:FlashBack:.

He had heard her say, "Neji, if someone said that they liked you, no, loved you, how would you react?"

Suddenly Tenten felt his hands turn her so she was facing him.

"I would react like this..."

Neji gently placed his lips on hers and pulled her closer.

Once they broke apart, Tenten asked, "What if that person who loved you wasn't me?"

"I love you. I wouldn't kiss any other girl because I love you."

"......." Tenten moved her head onto Neji's chest. "I love you, too."

.:End FlashBack:.

Now it was 11:59 p.m., one minute till midnight.

Tenten slowly brought her lips to Neji's, not minding that his lips were bloody.

.:FlashBack:.

Finally, Neji broke the kiss and let Tenten reposition herself between his legs, her back on his chest.

A small, "I love you" escaped his lips.

Neji was leaning against the wall, Tenten between his legs. His arms moved around her stomach so he was hugging her.

Pressing her head back into his chest, she replied back "I love you, too."

:End FlashBack:.

She kissed him deeply, letting her tears drip onto him.

The medical ninjas appeared and went over to Neji, but Lee stopped them and told them the bad news.

Tenten broke the kiss at exactly midnight, and at that time a shooting star went across the sky.

Neji......please come back....

She couldn't bare to look at him, and turned her face the other way so she could try to stop her tears.

"T.......Ten....Ten..." a voice choked out.

Shocked, she froze.

Tenten turned around slowly, to see that Neji had slowly began to open his eyes.

Gai, Lee, and the medic ninjas were shocked to see that he had come back from the dead.

"N-Neji?" more tears ran down her face.

He smiled gently.

"NEJI!!!!!!!!!!" she threw herself upon him, sobbing into his clothes.

He couldn't move his body, but he looked down at her.

"Tenten....please...stop your tears..."

"I-I'm just so glad that your alive..." she tried to form a smile, but it was a teary smile.

"Okay, let's get him back to the hospital and heal his wounds."

"But how, Gai sensei?"

"Tenten's strong love for him kept him strong."

"I understand."

Tenten stayed with Neji for the past week that he was in the Konoha hospital, bringing him flowers and get well cards.

"Neji, I'm glad your alive..."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

Tenten hugged him gently.

Thank you, Tenten.

A single tear rolled down Neji's face.





A/N: Sorry if this story made anyone cry! :( I just wanted to try out my skills at writing a sad, emotional story. Please read and Review!!! ( Neji lived, so don't worry!!!)