Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Nothing's Shadow ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yoshi: @.@ *still knocked out*
Naruto: *paces* When is she going to wake up????
Sasuke: Calm down, dobe. It's only been 5 minutes.
Everyone: *sweatdrop*
Shukaku: And so know everyone knows who I am. Kaku is just easier. Shu would've worked, but Kaku is SO much cooler. Whatever.
Disclaimers: Yoshi doesn't own any copyrighted material in this fic.
{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{ ~}~{~
Chapter 4
And Gaara killed everyone and he lived happily ever after, keeping some people alive so he could kill them whenever he wanted to.
The End
{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{ ~}~{~
Everyone: O.O *sweatdrop*
Gaara: *crouching over computer* What? What's wrong?
Naruto: I-I don't think that's how the story goes…
Shukaku: Whatever. I don't mind because I get to kill people again.
Itachi: … I'm too beautiful to die.
Kyuubi: You scare me, Itachi. I'm sorry, but you do.
Itachi: *bottom lip begins quivering* It's because I'm beautiful isn't it? I'm not a narcissist! I'm just sexy!!! *breaks out crying*
Neji: *wafting smelling salts underneath Yoshi's nose* Come on…. Wake up! *gets fed up with waiting* IT'S YOUR DESTINY TO WAKE UP, YOU HEAR ME!!! DESTINY!!!
Yoshi: *reflexively hits neji with fan* BAD NEJI… *flops back down* @.@
Everyone: o.O
Tenten: Wow. She really must be out not to wake up at that, Neji-kun.
Neji: *breathing heavily* She had better wake up soon, `cuz I'm NOT dealing with Gaara or anyone else writing this chapter. *glares at everyone* Got that?
Yoshi: *sits up* Whew… I feel like I've been run over by a truck and…. *dazed* I'm going to kill Orochimaru and I don't know why. *walks over to computer* Now to get on with the fic. *stops* Gaara, what have you been doing on here?
Gaara: *laughs nervously* Nothing…. Nothing at all, I swear!
{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{ ~}~{~
Chapter 4 (the real one. We're serious this time)
Kage watched with wide eyes as Gaara sharply inhaled and swallowed hard. He reached out to the wall for support. That's when she KNEW something was wrong. Fire hair didn't go off balance unless… Her eyes were drawn to the slowing cyclone that had formed.
The figure was clearing. Kage saw Gaara focus on it with what stability he had out of the corner of her eye. Someone was standing up in the middle.
“Hi.” The man said, grinning.
He found himself looking at a puppet and the open end of a huge fan. The man swiftly put his hands up to try and calm Temari and Kankuro down.
“Who are you and what do you want?” Temari grated out. The siblings had lived a rather….twitchy life, so they were unconsciously on-guard 24-7. Kage couldn't take many more of the surprise visits by random people. It always made her adrenaline spike and drop far too quickly.
“Eek.” The man let out with wide eyes. He vanished.
Kankuro scowled, “He's not gone yet.” The puppet, Karasu, searched the room as Temari made sure Kage was okay.
Kage was staring at Karasu. She knew what it was, but she had never seen Kankuro use it before. He kept promising to show her how it was done, but it always slipped his mind.
“…-ight?” Kage jolted. Temari waved her hand in front of Kage's face. “Did you hear me?” Temari asked, “Are you all right?”
“I'm fine…” she replied, slightly dazed at the speed of things.
Save me!!! They're gonna find me!!! Kaku wailed from his hiding place. Kage could hardly believe he was the feared Shukaku.
Unfortunately, he is. Gaara said, leaning against the wall passively. He's …changed though. He acts nothing like he did back then.
Kankuro gave a triumphant yelp as he directed Karasu closer to Gaara. “He's here somewhere!” Then his face went dark. “Temari, he seems to be after otouto.” A low growl came from Temari once she heard this. Kage knew from experience that anyone who messed with Gaara around these two wouldn't be walking for at least a year or two. And that was if they weren't too serious about it.
“Kaku, get out here.” Gaara commanded. Kage stared at him. What was Firehair thinking? Shukaku was wondering the same thing. Gaara looked towards the ceiling and closed his eyes.
Kaku reluctantly appeared. He cautiously eyed Temari and Kankuro, both of whom had picked up their weapons. Kage got a good look at him for the first time.
There were two things about him that were eerily familiar. First were the black rims around his eyes. Second was the scar on his forehead, above his left eye. The differences? Kaku's hair was black, and his eyes green, instead of red and blue, respectively.
Kaku fiddled with his hair a little before pulling it down and frowning. “Not exactly the look I was going for…” he said. Shukaku dragged one hand through his hair, leaving a broad white streak in the middle.
“There we go!” He smiled happily.
Gaara sighed. “You're not a skunk, Kaku. You're a tanuki.” Temari and Kankuro realized that Gaara knew this person, whoever he was. “And introduce yourself. Don't be rude.”
Kaku scowled at his medium, “Why should I have to? They know who I am.” When said `they' fixed Shukaku with two withering glares, the tanuki gave in. “Fine, fine, since you're so hung up on it. I am Shukaku, tanuki of the sand, who has been bonded to Gaara with a very complicated jutsu before he was born.” He bowed, “Nice to meet you”
“No, seriously, who are you?” Temari asked, blinking.
Kaku straightened up, “Now, where's that ramen?” He asked, neatly avoiding the question as he scuttled into the kitchen.
“Hey! Get OUT!! DON'T TOUCH MY FOOD!!!!” Kankuro yelled and ran in after him.
“OW!! I'm not after your food! I just want some ramen!!” Kaku yelped as Temari walked in to smack him.
“So, he's the reason you've been eating ramen lately.” Temari said, dragging Shukaku out by his ear. Shukaku had got what he wanted and was clutching some instant ramen.
“Yes, and I've gotten sick of it.” Gaara said, opening one eye to look at the tanuki. “Why do you like it, anyway?”
Kaku turned a very interesting shade of red, “Oh, no real reason…” he replied airily, not looking anyone in the eye, having decided the ceiling was a very interesting place.
Kage immediately knew Shukaku had a reason for it, and he didn't want it known. She had been silently watching the entire time. One eyebrow raised, and Kage fixed the tanuki with a stare.
“I swear, you're about as creepy as he is when you do that.” Kaku said to her, pointing at Gaara. She didn't break the stare. “Yeesh, what'd I do this time?”
“Lie.” Everybody in the room said. Gaara said it offhand, as if he didn't care, which he didn't. Kage, Temari, and Kankuro were slightly more serious. Meaning they almost yelled it at him. Almost.
Shukaku rubbed his forehead with his free hand, “Okay, there's a reason, but you REALLY don't want to know it and you'll figure it out sooner or later. I'll give you a hint though. It has to do with the person I like.” He turned to Kankuro, “And since you don't want me in there anymore, can you be nice and go get me some hot water?”
“No.” Kankuro said, going back into the kitchen, “But I will throw it at you!” He ended this statement by throwing a pan of very hot water at Shukaku. Kaku just blinked at it, formed a sand ball around the water and poured it into his ramen.
“Thanks!” he chirped happily, skipping off to wait three minutes in boredom.
Temari and Kankuro stared with their mouths open. Kage didn't blame them, considering she didn't expect Shukaku to act like that.
“Close your mouths. You're going to catch flies.” Gaara said, slightly amused by all of this. Now that the shock of separation had worn off he had regained his regular color.
Temari snapped her mouth shut, leaving Kankuro to gape like a fish as he struggled to make sense of everything.
“Wha…but…how…. Say what?” he said, looking back and forth between Shukaku and Gaara.
Kaku sighed and rolled his eyes in despair, “Humans. So close minded.” He looked at them, amused, “But they're so much fun to play with.” Shukaku leaned back and pointed at Kankuro and Temari, “Can I kill them?” he asked Gaara, his expression now dangerous.
Kage took action at that point. She moved swiftly to where he was sitting and punched him in the face, knocking him to the floor.
“How's `no' for an answer?” Kage asked, shaking her hand out as she looked with distaste at him. This was more how she expected him to be like, but he still needed some `minor' adjustments to his attitude.
Shukaku shrugged and sauntered over to his ramen, “Works for me.” He said before gulping down the noodles.
Gaara shook his head, “You should've kicked him in the stomach.” Swiftly changing the subjects, he turned to his older brother, “Is the food done yet?”
Kankuro stared blankly at him for a second, “Wha? Oh. Yeah. Right. Food.” He looked around wildly and walked into the kitchen muttering to himself. “It's done and fit for a king!” Back to his normal self, Kankuro popped his head out of the door and winked at Gaara, “Or a Kazekage. Depends on which one is at our table tonight.”
Kage raised an eyebrow, “Why should've I kicked him in the stomach?” she asked Gaara. It didn't make much sense to her.
“If you had kicked him, he wouldn't have been able to eat for a few more minutes.” Gaara said blandly, giving a meaningful look at Shukaku, who was wolfing down his second package with surprising speed, and Kage could see a third one heating up.
They moved to sit down at the table, “Where in the world did he get a another one?” Temari asked, horrified at the mess he was making.
“You don't want to know,” Gaara replied, picking up his chopsticks and beginning to eat.
Shukaku had started on his twenty-seventh ramen cup by the time the rest of them finished with their meal. Once they were done cleaning, Temari and Kankuro ordered Kage to sleep. When she protested, Gaara reminded her that she had a long day ahead of her. She was going to be put in a team with two other people who she probably wouldn't like, and stuck with a sensei who she'd like even less.
Kage gave up and went to bed at the ultimate pessimism of that view.
{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{ ~}~{~
Shukaku: *looks at Gaara* Why do you have to be so pessimistic anyway?
Gaara: It's not pessimism.
Naruto: *Sarcastic* Oh, really. Then what is it?
Gaara: It's realism. There is a very high chance that she is going to be put with people she doesn't like, and put with a sensei she also doesn't like.
Yoshi: I'm sure. I apologize to all people who don't like OCs. I'm trying not to make her into another Mary Sue, so please tell me if I begin to.
Kyuubi: You know, you should've put that up in the first chapter.
Yoshi: *Glares* Be quiet you. As for the pairings: GaaraOC(this is the only one), LeeSaku, NejiTen, ShuKyuu(eheheh, thought it was Naruto did you?), SasuNaru, OC/OC x3(Yes there are three OC/OC couples), ShikaTem(Because they're so cute), Kankuro x his puppet(who knows? I couldn't think of anything else!…I had you going there for a second, didn't I?), KibaHina, ChoIno(Cute, but improbable), and Orochimaru x himself(I couldn't do that to Kabuto. Joking again!)
Kankuro: *gives a horrified look at Karasu then shudders* Ewwwwww…
Itachi: Everyone, point and laugh! *Points at Orochimaru and starts laughing*
Everyone: *Pointing and laughing at Orochimaru*
Orochimaru: *Indignant* What is your problem? *Pouts*
Everyone: *Stops laughing and stares instead*
Neji: So…then its true? About you x yourself?
Orochimaru: *Looks around nervously* No, of course it isn't!!! *Looks around even wilder*
Yoshi: O.O. Yeah, you keep telling yourself that. *Sweatdrops*
Kyuubi: Hey, what about Itachi?
Itachi: What about me?
Kyuubi: Why weren't you paired with anyone?
Yoshi: Because I promised myself I would only have one OC/AC pairing. (OC: Original Character, AC: Actual Character) And can you imagine him with anyone that isn't a slash or incest pairing?
Kyuubi: *Thinks* Come to think of it, no I can't. The only ones I could come up with were ItaSasu(Which is just wrong in my standpoint), ItaOro(which is even wronger), or ItaKis. *Thinks harder* Well, there is ItaSaku, but whoever came up with that one was just messed up.
Yoshi: My point exactly.
Itachi: And people actually pair me up with my little brother?
Yoshi: Oh yes. In fact, it seems to be quite popular. On almost every single page that I look at on FanFiction.Net and MediaMiner.Org, there's at least one of the fics there.
*Sasuke and Itachi look at each other and decide that they never want to be in the same room together without other people there with them and in-between them while they're in opposite corners, one on the ceiling and one on the floor.*
Sasuke: Those people need to stop getting ideas. And fast.