Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Now and Then : Here and There ❯ Found Gone ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto. The show, manga, and its characters belong to their respective owner(s). Please don't sue me for writing, thank you…
 
---------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------
 
Now and Then : Here and there
 
By: Emina13
 
Chapter I- Found Gone
 
---------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------
 
 
She ran as fast as her legs could take her. She was still wearing the loose kimono she wore to her bed and hadn't even bothered to stop and put on her slippers. She ran barefooted on the rough way to the direction of Sasuke's home.
 
She didn't mind that her breath now came in rushed, heavy inhales and exhales. She didn't mind that her soft feet might be full of scratches because of the rough path she was running on. She didn't mind the burning she felt in her chest due to running too far and too fast. All she cared about was going to the Uchiha compound as fast as she can.
 
She wanted to be there so badly, she wanted to prove Neji wrong.
 
The Uchihas… They're all gone….
 
She shook her head as she mentally heard Neji's voice again and the awful news he brought.
 
“Their whole compound was found earlier today, it was totally burnt down to the ground. The elders suspect that there must have been an ambush attack to the whole lot of the Uchihas…
 
She didn't believe it. She didn't want to believe it. No, it can't be. She was just talking to him last night. She was just with him last night… it can't be.
 
“They searched everywhere but they can't find any member that is still alive… and because almost all of the bodies are totally burnt they can't identify anybody anymore.”
 
Try as hard as she might, she just can't shake the voice and its messages out of her head. Neji's words kept on repeating inside her head, by far driving her crazy.
 
`I do not believe it! I WILL not believe it!' Hinata thought as she kept on her painful run to the Uchiha compound.
 
`Sasuke-chan… Sauke-chan will never leave me! I believe that he will never leave me!' she tried to convince herself as she run off closer to her destination. All the while she was trying to hold back the tears that were starting to burn her eyes.
 
~~~~~~xxxxxx~~~~~xxxxx~~~~~xxxxx~~~~~
 
“It must've been a very powerful group of ninjas that took them out…” said one of the elders of the white-eyed clan.
 
“I agree… The Uchihas are one of the most powerful clans. They will not be defeated by just any group of shinobis.” answered the other.
 
After the devastating situation of the Uchihas was found out by some of the villagers, they quickly reported it to the nearest group of people they could find; the Hyuuga Clan…
 
The Hyuugas and the Uchihas had a close relationship. Being two of the village's most powerful and important clans, they made a close tie of friendship with each other. All of their members are close with one another… And the news of the Uchihas, being attacked certainly affected their close friends.
 
After assessing the situation and finding it to be in the worst case scenario, the Hyuuga elders and officials decided to hold a meeting that will decide on their further actions.
 
“I propose we hold an investigation to track down those wicked rats that did that horrible thing them.” said a particular hot headed official of the clan.
 
“Yes, I think we all agree that we want justice for their dreaded untimely demise.” Agreed the other
 
“We hear what you're all saying gentlemen, but the final decision will still have to come from our head leader.” said another one of the officials.
 
All of the men gathered up in the room looked at the man in question. Hyuuga Hiyashi, the current head of their clan, a man know for his discipline, power, and great leadership values. It's only natural for them to leave the decision up to their leader. All they can do to help is provide him with ideas and some options.
 
Hiashi looked to his co-clan members with the eyes of a man that has already come to a resolution. He started to open his mouth and all of the people inside the room focused their whole attention to him.
 
“After this discussion of ours, I've come to a final decision with your help…” all of the others tensed their ears in order not miss what their leader will say next.
 
“We will hold an investigation in order to seek out the people that did that awful thing to the Uchihas. We will have our own shinobis work on that…” Hiyashi said with his ever significant tone of voice. The other officials and elders were glad that their leader finally decided on what to do.
 
“But before anything else,” he continued “we should arrange a proper funeral ceremony for our dear departed friends…”
 
~~~~~~xxxxxx~~~~~xxxxx~~~~~xxxxx~~~~~
 
“No…”
 
At the once splendid and great entrance to the compound of some of the most special group of people, that was now reduced to just half standing because the other half seemed to have been burnt down, stood a pale, devastated looking young girl.
 
After running such a long distance in a time which seemed like forever to her, she finally arrived to her destination. And instead of being relieved, it was more fear and anxiety that washed over her.
 
She tried to have an optimist's hope on things back when she was rushing over to this place. She wanted everything to be fine when she got here. She wanted the thing Neji told her to be just a lie or a big joke… but now that she's already here and her eyes looks upon the prospect home of her bestfriend reduced to mere charcoal and ashes, the tears she worked so hard to keep inside now flowed freely along her beautiful pale face.
 
“T-this… This isn't true…” she said as she let her eyes roam over the Uchiha compound. Her foot slowly moved in front of the other and pretty soon she was walking slowly, as if in a trance through the area.
 
Her feet unconsciously took her to the place where Sasuke's house once stood. The second floor of the structure was completely gone, along with the ceilings, leaving the place vulnerable to sunlight. The door still stood ajar, but it seemed like a gust of wind will be able to knock it away with ease.
 
She entered the charcoal colored place and wondered inside the house. She could still picture how it looked like when she and Sasuke were still playing and spending time together inside it… But now it was nothing more than a burnt down ruin, ready to collapse anytime.
 
She rounded a corner and stopped to look at the wall which had markings of tiny horizontal slashes, each one above the other. She ran a finger on one of the marks, the marks they made when they were trying to measure up their height.
 
She remembered all of it so vividly. The two of them were suddenly struck with this idea to see who was the tallest. Sasuke suggested that they stand against a wall and mark it up to where their bodies' altitudes would reach. She agreed and they did as Sasuke proposed. They found out that Sasuke was more than a hair taller than her. But then Sasuke's mother found out that they scratched the wall and they were both scolded and made to rake the whole yard during that week of autumn as their punishment.
 
After that little reminiscing, a sad wistful smile formed on her lips. That was one of the moments with Sasuke which she will never have again. Not now that he's already gone. She missed him already. How will she ever go on without him? She collapsed on her knees and started to cry hard.
 
`Sasuke-chan… No, Sasuke-chan… Why did you have to leave me?'
 
~~~~~~xxxxxx~~~~~xxxxx~~~~~xxxxx~~~~~
 
“In all of the places, why did my necklace have to fall here?” a pink haired girl complained as she kept on looking for her lost necklace in the waist-deep water.
 
She was walking on the bridge a moment ago when the necklace she kept inside her pocket dropped and fell into the water. Ever since that she was dipped in the river looking for her jewelry.
 
“Mother will throw a fit if she found out that I was careless enough to get the necklace to fall into the river… and she would probably eat me alive if I never find it!” she to herself said worriedly.
 
As she continued her search for her lost necklace which seemed to be less promising by the minute, her emerald green eyes noticed something out of the ordinary. There, lying unconscious unto the river bank was… a boy? She neglected her search for the piece of ornament and made her way to the unconscious boy to see if he needed help. And from the looks of things, he needed it badly.
 
The boy was covered from head to toe with scratches, bruises, and cuts. There also seems to be a large wound by his side which was making him lose blood in a fairly quick period of time. The pink haired girl almost started to panic but she subdued her feelings in, he knew that nothing good would happen if she was too harsh. She tried to think of a way to solve this current problem.
 
First thing's first; she had to get the boy to a place where his injuries can be treated, and she has to do it before he losses more blood. She tried to lift the boy up by placing one of his arms over her shoulder but he just too heavy. She had to think of something else.
 
“Okay, I could really use some help…”
 
Just then she saw someone with bright blonde hair walking on the bridge. She thanked the heavens because of the presence of the blonde boy. She quickly shouted to get his attention.
 
“Hey! Naruto! Give me a hand over here would you!” she shouted to the boy as she waved her arms up high for Naruto to easily notice her.
 
“Huh? Sakura-chan…” Naruto said before he climbed down onto the river bank and run towards Sakura.
 
As soon as Naruto found out what's happened, he instantly agreed to help. He heaved the raven haired boy and carried him on his back while Sakura assisted them back up the road. They took off to get the injured boy to the hospital.
 
`I guess I'll just have to deal with my mom's fit for losing the necklace later.' Sakura thought as the hurried across the streets…
 
~~~~~~xxxxxx~~~~~xxxxx~~~~~xxxxx~~~~~
 
 
“How is she?” Neji asked the small girl. The seven year old just shook her head and replied
 
“She stopped crying for now. But I can tell from her looks that her heart still aches…” Hanabi said with sympathy in her voice.
 
After her older sister dashed out of the house this morning, they searched for her and found her ling in a curved ball position inside Sauke's house. She was crying when they found her, and when Neji came to touch her shoulder, she automatically clung onto him and cried even harder. They were able to take her back home but the girl refused to leave her room or eat anything, she already missed lunch and if things continue on as they are, she'll miss supper too. Hanabi and Naji are just on the other side of her door, trying to watch over her.
 
“She still hasn't said a word since this morning.” Neji added.
 
“All she does is cry or stare onto space…” Hanabi said “I don't want to see nee-sama like this…” and the girl looked down to hide her saddened look on her face
 
“There's nothing we can do…” Neji answered “Let's just hope she gets over it.”
 
“Yes, you're right nii-san…” Hanabi answered as she looked at her older sister's bedroom door.
 
-End of Chapter-
---------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------
 
Author's Note: Well, there's the first chapter. What do you think? Drop me a review alright? Thanks for reading!
 
~Emi-chan~