Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Odori Motte no Akuma ❯ Dreams ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own you. I do not own any Naruto characters. They belong to Masashi Kishimoto, writer and creator of the Naruto series/manga. I own my OC, that is all. You belong to you and all Naruto characters belong to Masashi Kishimoto.

The sun bore down in the open field as you dug at the soil beneath you. The smell of fresh vegetables, ready to be harvested, filled your nose as your [eye_color] orbs scanned the area to take in the beauty of the field. You began to hoe the field down, to ready new seeds for next years harvest. As you finished, you leaned on the hoe for support and wiped away the beads of sweat that had formed on your forehead.

"Hey [your_name]!" A friendly familiar voice filled your ears. You turned to see a girl about your age with long black hair and bright green eyes. "Hey Yasumi. What brings you here?" you asked, walking towards the girl. She was smiling widely at you and you raised an eyebrow at her. "Why are you smiling like that?" you asked as you neared her.

"You didn't know?" she asked, causing you to cock your head to the side in confusion. "Was I supposed to know something?" you asked, leaning on your hoe with your arms crossed.

The wind blew both or your hair towards the side as a pregnant silence filled the air. "Okay you are scaring me now Yasu. Was there something I was supposed to know?" you questioned on towards the black haired girl. "[Your_name], you can't be serious," another voice called out. You winced at the tone, knowing full well who the voice belonged to.

"Iie, if I knew, I wouldn't be asking Yasumi to tell me," you said as your gaze averted towards the pink haired girl, Haruno Sakura. She blinked at you like you had grown three heads. "The ball is a few weeks from now and the Uchiha family is coming down in three days, to select a few girls to go with them. They are going to teach them how to dance, walk, and talk like a noble would," she nearly squealed.

You covered your ears to save them from the high pitched noise and rose an eyebrow at the both of them. "Hai I knew of that. I thought it was something important like we were being invaded again," you said as you heaved a heavy sigh. Sakura gasped and gave you a wide eyed expression. "How can you say that is not important?" she nearly yelled.

"Because I have other things to be doing besides worrying about some ball that won't have nothing to do with me," you replied. "And because I have to help my mother and father with the farm. Even if I was chosen to go, I wouldn't," you replied as you picked up the hoe and walked out of the field.

"You are hopeless [your_name]," she said, shaking her head in the process. You turned back to face the girl and asked, "What makes you say that? Just because I am not interested in some ball doesn't mean I am hopeless," and gave her a questioning look.

She shrugged her shoulders and replied, "I was just saying because almost everyone in the village is in an uproar about it." You sighed. This girl was to worried about a ball to understand the true concepts of helping out or contributing to something besides having a big mouth. "Well if you don't mind, me and Yasumi have other things to do," you said, motioning for Yasumi to follow you.

"Well, see you tomorrow then," she said, you not even caring to reply. You had a lot to do and you wanted to get it done so you would have a few hours of free time on you since you were an only child but you were happy and content with that fact. "Alright Yasumi I need you to help me milk Mitsuko. I need you to tie her to that post so I can make sure she won't try to bite me again," you said, glaring at the cow who bit you more times than you can count. Mitsuko just mooed and flicked her tail.

Yasumi grabbed the halter from the hook in the barn and placed it on the cow gently. She then lead her to the post you had pointed out to her and tied her. "Don't you think we should restrain her feet so she doesn't kick," Yasumi asked, green eyes looking at you for an answer. You patted the thick coat of Mitsuko before smiling. "No, she is not a kicker so we have nothing to worry about," you replied.

"If you say so but don't say that I didn't warn you when she kicks you," Yasumi replied before walking to the other side of Mitsuko. "Alright I won't because I know she won't," you said, forming a victory smile. Yasumi sighed in defeat before stroking Mitsuko.

"Are you really not excited about tomorrow?" she suddenly asked. You glanced up and stopped pulling. You frowned before saying, "Yasu, even if I was, I know I wouldn't be picked, and even if I was picked, I wouldn't be able to accept. My mother needs me and my father needs my help around here. Who would take care of them if I left?" you replied.

She frowned and said, "I don't know, but, what if you had no choice?" she pressed on. You wiped your hands on a towel that hung beside you and picked up the pale that was now full of milk. "Can you untie her for me please Yasumi?" you said and walked out of the barn. She sighed and did as you told and followed after you.

~~

"But Ritsuko, if they draw near here, we won't be able to protect her," a man with dull gray eyes and black hair, reaching past his shoulders, explained to a woman with light blue eyes and dark brown hair. "I just don't want to lose [your_name]. You know how precious she is to the both of us Kazuma," Ritsuko replied, glancing out towards the village.

"I know but, it's for the best. I will go and speak with the family and return in two days. I will come back with the answer as well," Kazuma replied, gently kissing the top of Ritsuko's forehead. "Just don't tell [your_name]. She would be furious with us," he added and walked out the back door.

"I hope you are right Kazuma," Ritsuko whispered out as you entered through the front door. "Mom, dad I am back!" you shouted, setting the bucket down on the cherry wood table. "Welcome home hunny," you mother replied, blue eyes giving you a bright smile.

"Where is dad?" you asked, noticing the absence of your fathers presence. "He went somewhere for the time being and won't be back for a few days. Don't worry he will be fine," she replied and gave you a reassuring hug.

"Oh alright well I will be back feeding the animals if you need me," you replied, exiting where you came from. You walked down the dirt path and found your way back to the barn. A jet black horse head popped out of a nearby stall, snorting and pawing at the gate. "Hey Kurome," you said and patted the black horse. He pulled back and began to paw again at the stall door.

"Oh you want out huh," you said, opening the gate so he could run out into the field. You smiled as a nearby breeze blew through your [hair_color] locks, tossing them from side to side. "That feels nice," you whispered and sat down in a nearby hay stack. You watched Kurome run around until a light slumber consumed you.

~Dream~

You woke up to darkness. "Where am I?" you said and tried to sit up, only finding you couldn't. "Wait, what is this? What is on top of me?" you thought as a light faded in. Your eyes widened at the horror. Bodies, mangled and torn to shreds lay about you as a figure lay on top of you. You tried to scream but couldn't. You turned your head as a field became visible.

"What is all of this?" you thought as you glanced around. Flags of two different symbols could be seen on the ground as two shaded figures stood in front of you. You couldn't see who they were, only except they both had long hair that was being blown with the wind. You squinted your eyes to see if you could get a better glimpse of them but failed. "Who are you?" your voice echoed.

"Who are you?" they both responded before fading away. "Wait!" you said as you felt yourself fall. You screamed and tried to grab onto something but couldn't find any solid object to hold. Soon, you landed softly on a floor that could be seen through. Below you, the two shaded figures stood again, this time, facing towards you.

Both extended a hand towards you before their images were torn to shreds and a figure of a large red and lavender eye replaced them.

~End Dream~


"[Your_name] wake up!" a hand shook you as you screamed and shot up, colliding heads with the person who woke you. "Ow, what the, hey [your_name] are you okay? I heard screaming and I came running in and found you screaming in your sleep," the familiar voice of Ten Ten greeted you as you snapped your head towards her.

"I am fine, it was just a dream. Just a dream," you said as you tried to stand. "Are you sure? Because you were screaming and you sounded frightened of something. Like it was trying to do something," she pressed on.

"Yeah, thanks Ten Ten I owe you. I am fine. I just know now not to fall asleep in a hay stack," you laughed, trying to show you were fine. "Alright, well my mother sent me to give these to your mother. She said they were the herbs she was waiting for and this is for your father. My father fixed it up for him," she said as she handed you a bag of herbs and the sword your father broke. He was trying to cut down a tree and didn't have his axe on him so his solution was to use his sword.

"Alright, thanks again Ten Ten. See you tomorrow," you said as you waved your friend good bye. You glanced up at the sun and noticed it was already setting. "Whoa, I lost track of time again," you said as you heaved the sword towards your back and carried the sack of herbs in your right hand. "Well, at least I won't have to worry about a ball then," you said as you walked home.

"Mom," you said as you entered the house, only to find her asleep on a nearby chair. You placed the herbs on the table and set the sword down to rest against the edges of the table. You pulled a cover over your mother and kissed her lightly on the forehead before heading off towards the bath house. Grabbing a few pieces of fire wood, you filled the bath tube with water and placed the wood underneath.

You lit a fire and stepped lightly into the warm bath, letting the water sooth your sore muscles. "Pfft, maybe, nah I wouldn't be chosen. Most likely Yamanaka and Haruno will be chosen. They are both loud and somewhat pretty," you said as you sunk into the warm waters. "Nope, I will not let myself discourage myself," you said and finished up your bath.

You wrapped a towel over your body and walked into the changing room, pulled on some fresh clothes, and walked towards your bed. The door creaked as you closed it and walked towards your bed. You lay softly down and pulled the covers over your head. "Well, it couldn't be that bad," you thought as you turned towards the wall.

The moonlight seeped in through your windows, landing softly on your face. You glanced towards it and smiled. "Things could be worse," you whispered before letting sleep consume you.

~Dream~

You stood on top of a hill, ground stained crimson from the bodies that littered the floor. Wind carried the scent of death as it blew gently through your [hair_color] hair. The two flags swayed in the breeze as your [eye_color] orbs scanned the scene in front of you. "What is this place? Why am I here?" you thought, gazing around at the bodies that were dismembered and decapitated.

You continued gazing around the battle field until you spotted two people standing on a nearby hill. Both men were shadded and had long hair tied into a low ponytail. The wind caressing them gently as it passed by them. They then both turned towards you , locking gazes with your [eye_color] eyes. They both then reached out towards you and smiled.

You reached out towards them, only to their images shredded. You were in darkness again as a new light faded in. Staring down at your hands, they were covered in blood. The bodies of your father and mother lay in front of you as tears pricked the corners of your eyes. "Mother, father," you called out to them as you reached out towards them.

You grasped onto your mother and brought her head into your lap before stroking her hair away from her face. She looked so peacefull in that state. Your father held dearly onto her hand as you brought both of them into a tight embrace. Suddenly, a figure stood in front of you, hand extended towards you. There was a blinding light behind him and you could not see his face. All you could see was his silhouette and long hair flowing gently behind him. You slightly hesitated before extending your own.

~End Dream~