Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ once a demon, forever a demon ❯ memories of the past ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sasuke drifted in and out of feverish nightmares, reliving the worst moments of his life. His dead parents and other clan members, Itachi's betrayal for power…
 
'Power…what I need…' whispered Sasuke's mind. 'But who can give it to me?  
 
'Wait…' Sasuke's eyes snapped open. There had been someone who could give him that power…someone he had met before.
 
Sitting up abruptly, Sasuke scanned the dark and misty depths of his mind. There were many doors around him. Some held pictures of his family, the memories he had with them. Another door held images of Itachi, all of which were badly mutilated and torn. Off to the side, he spotted another door. This door had deep claw marks scarring its dark surface. Sasuke stood, trembling with excitement and fear. He had seen this door before, in his dreams. However, in his dreams, the door had always remained firmly locked by sealing jutsus.
 
Now it was ajar.
 
Fear and excitement mounting, Sasuke walked towards the door and stuck out his hand to push open the door, and quickly pulled it back.
 
Red, painful burn welts were rising on his palm.
 
'What strong chakra!' Sasuke thought, amazed. 'What could be in there…?'
 
As if answering his question, the door opened, but Sasuke now made no move to enter. Rooted to the spot with fear, all he could do was stare back.
 
Back into the blood red, demonic eyes that looked oh so familiar.
 
"N-naruto…?" Sasuke whispered.
 
As if in response, a large, clawed hand shot out and grabbed the petrified Sasuke. Sasuke tried to struggle, but he was still taken into the darkness on the other side of the door.
 
Immediately, Sasuke was bombarded with memories. Images of the fight and the murderous charka that threatened to kill him. Fear flooded his body. Everything was coming back to him. However, along with his fear came the realization of how he could get the power he desired. Kyuubi had power, enough power to threaten a village of Shinobi and even kill the great Fourth Hokage. The Fourth was considered of the greatest shinobi in his time.
 
"Naruto the Idiot" or "Naruto of Team Kakashi" was not the stupid dobe he appeared. "Naruto" was the name of the mask that the Nine-Tailed Fox Kyuubi used to fool the idiots in the village who thought he was gone. A disguise that fooled everyone, even the Hokage. Kyuubi is a demon lord with great power. It is said with a swish of a tail it can create tsunamis, topple mountains, and wipe away civilizations.
 
As the repressed memories faded, darkness began creeping upon Sasuke. He grabbed his injured shoulder as pain flared through his body, reminding him of the wound that had brought him there. He gritted his teeth.
 
'Kyuubi…he will give me power that I deserve …'
 
Sasuke then slipped back to the feverish sleep he had left, fighting off death so that he could live and confront Kyuubi.
 
The snake seal was spreading and very subtly manipulating his thoughts.
 
Delusional idiot, Kyuubi-sama will never give you power willingly. Hissed a voice.
 
 
 
Kyuubi stood there, glaring at his clothes. Yondaime was standing back slightly apprehensive. After an explosive outburst and multiple expletives that made Yondaime ears bleed, Kyuubi calmed down.
 
Yondaime sighed loudly. He was hoping that Kyuubi would not destroy the village. Despite the treatment he received from the villagers, Yondaime hoped Kyuubi would not attack Konoha.
 
“So Kyuubi, what are you going to do now?” Yondaime asked looking at the demon lord.
 
Kyuubi snorted, making the Fourth jump. “I am not going to go on a murderous rampage, if that is what you mean.”
 
“Kyuubi, I have a question.” Yondaime said apprehensively. A grunt from the demon lord told him to continue. “I don't understand why the “Naruto” was so human when you are a demon.”
 
Kyuubi grunted,” I don't really understand either.” At Yondaime gaping look, he elaborated. “I am a demon lord. I rarely encountered humans nor studied them. They smell, breed like rats and irritate me. If I could I would evade the humans altogether.”
 
At Yondaime's questioning look he continued. “I think that somehow your soul and personality affected the way the acted. Somehow, your ideals and ways shaped and developed the personality “Naruto” had.
 
“How did you get that idea,” Yondaime asked confused.
 
“His dream to become Hokage probably came from you.” Kyuubi said grunting slightly. “Since you were the only one who was conscious, your feelings and some of your memories affected “Naruto.”
 
Kyuubi closed his eyes and sighed heavily. He was in a big mess. Right now, he was duty bounded to help Konoha. As a ninja of the village, he has to help them, even though he is a demon. As a demon lord, he took oaths seriously and never broke a promise, ever. Right now, he pledged to help Konoha, yada yada yada. Most importantly, he would have to break his promise if he killed everyone. Therefore, Kyuubi, the greatest demon lord ever to live, was bound to help Konoha.
 
That was why when he was a child, he deliberately failed the exams, and he was hoping that would conclude he was useless and kicked him out. Then he would be allowed to live his life as an ordinary villager and then destroy the village. However, the memory loss and the ridiculous dream his human counterpart ranted about screwed him.
 
On top of that, while most of his memories where here, some where still floating around. It would take some time to find them. He had a couple of memory gaps and a picture of a demon with no name. He was sure it was a women, but he had a harem, so it could be anyone. He thought of Garra, he was sure Shuku was there, stuck under the seal and probably insane. The Hokage at Sand did a partial sealment. He was going to kill the Hokage there for making Shuaka suffer.
 
As for now he was stuck in Konoha, sworn to protect it until his death, in other words screwed. He felt himself dragged out of dream world, and prepared himself to act stupid.
Great, just great, I am going to make a fool of myself he thought as he woke up.
 
 
 
Please Review…………….
……………..
…………………
………….
…….
.
 
Can you guess why Kyuubi is so concerned for Shuaka?
 
Author: Stay tuned and read the next chapter….. when it comes out.