Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ One Good Party ❯ Baby Shower ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter #7
Baby Shower
 
 
Disclaimer: Don't know Naruto or any of the other Naruto characters blah blah…
 
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
 
“Open the presents,” Ino smiled shoving one of the packages into Sakura arms, “you'll love them take my word for it!”
 
“Ok, ok,” Sakura giggled sitting down with the first gift, “Man what are you on today Ino? You are acting like someone just funneled a bag of sugar into your mouth.”
 
Sasuke picked up Ino so she would have to sit and watch, “Come on your job is over.”
 
Ino gave a fake pout but sat back and watched as Sakura tore away the light coloured wrapping paper to find the baby carrier.
 
Sakura smiled, “Thanks, these are really cool I was actually thinking of getting one myself.”
 
“Next,” Naruto said handing over the next gift, “This one is from Hinita and me.”
 
She nodded taking the package and ripping away the paper and unfolding the fleecy blanket and the warm pajamas. She felt the fabric with the tips of her fingers and found it incredibly warm and soft. It was a deep green colour that could have competed with Sakura's eyes with a small lamp showed on the upper right part of the chest.
 
“These are great,” Sakura gave a warm smile to all of her friends, “Thanks everyone I love it.”
 
Kakashi was right when he said everyone would be there for me, Sakura thought running her hand over the blanket, they would never leave me, but still why do I feel something is missing? I see my friends are paired off and it just makes me feel empty and lonely even though I shouldn't be…
 
“I'm going to put this stuff in the baby's room (Sakura has a rather large apartment. It had a spare room which is now the baby's room) Sakura announced, “I'll be right back.”
 
She opened the door to the small room and placed the blankets in the crib and the carrier on the rocking chair next to it. Her friends had insisted helping redecorate it a few weeks earlier from a flowery more adult room to a nursery. Naruto had a lot of trouble setting up the crib because of course he had refused to even glance at the instructions, and the others had decided to paint the room powder green.
 
She was turning to leave when she noticed something, it was not out of place in a baby's room, it was just Sakura did not remember getting it. It was a small carrier crib, the inside was lined with soft down pillows and on the top was a large present bow.
 
“What on earth,” Sakura picked up the basket and found a tag attached to the bow. It read: For Our Child.
 
Her heartbeat quickened, for our child…does this mean he was here? How did he know about the baby shower? How did he get in?
 
Worried Sakura looked around the room, but there was no evidence of forced entry nor was there any other sign he was in the room at all. The only evidence that he was there was the basket…
 
Outside the room she could hear a knock at the door and someone hurrying to answer it. It was Naruto she heard talk first, “Late as usual Kakashi? I swear you're so good at it that it could be a super power.”
 
“Funny Naruto,” Kakashi's voice said from the hallway, “Where is Sakura?”
 
“She was putting the presents in the baby's room,” Hinita's whisper like voice replied, “Sakura! Kakashi is here!”
 
“Coming,” Sakura called putting down the basket and walking out into the hallway.
 
Kakashi smiled through his mask and gave Sakura a small hug making her blush slightly, “How is it going Sakura?”
 
“Good.”
 
“Just good?”
 
“I'm eight months pregnant Kakashi it's not like I can do back flips to celebrate,” Sakura giggled and rubbed her stomach, “It's going to be a relief when this child is born, you guys have no idea exactly how uncomfortable this is.”
 
“I bet,” grinned Kakashi and without warning he stuck a bow on Sakura's head, “isn't it normally a tradition to stick the present bows on the new mother's head?”
 
“You're right,” Ino gave a smirk and picked the bows off the presents and stuck them to Sakura's head, “Come on people we are starting a preg pool!”
 
Sakura raised an eyebrow, “What is a preg pool?”
 
“Ok you're due to deliver next month right,” Ino began, “Well we are all chipping in ten dollars and we get to pick a day we think the baby will be born. When it's born whoever got the closest to the right date gets the pool, lots of people do it. I have never done it personally but I heard of people doing it when I was younger.”
 
Naruto clapped his hands, “Oh ya, this pool plus the ten Sasuke is going to awe me? I am loving this!”
 
“Don't be so sure Naruto,” Sasuke warned, “I still think it's going to be a girl.”
 
“Well I'm glad to see you people are having fun with this. When you guys start having kids it will finally be my turn,” Sakura laughed shaking her head.
 
“I'd like to give this a try,” Kakashi offered, “put me down for … the twentieth of February.”
 
Sakura shook her head laughing, “You guys…”
 
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
 
Sighed looking into the mirror in her bathroom as she brushed her teeth, today had been tiring and all she wanted to do it sleep for the rest of the pregnancy. After working, being dragged around town by Ino and the Baby Shower it was all beginning to take its toll on her. It had been fun though, but she still missed the days when she had all the energy in the world to burn and almost never got tired after a day of activity.
 
But…was he really here, Sakura's mind wondered, I know that present was from him I just wish he wouldn't be a coward and show himself. I really do hate him for this … but I think I may be becoming attached to this child. I guess if you carry it around where ever you go for long enough you can't help it, but I still wish this was the child of someone I loved. Not a one night stand…
 
She rubbed her bulging belly as she felt the infant inside her kick, “You are a fighter little one…”
 
Sakura spat the foam from her mouth and headed off to bed, closing the window in her room to shut the bedroom window to keep the cold nighttime air out. She was so relieved to finally be ready to sleep and get of her aching feet.
 
I am going to sleep for days after this, she thought to herself just as she noticed a small package sitting on her beside table next to her lamp, What is this?
 
There was a small note attached to the top that read:
 
Sakura,
 
Forgot to give you this at the party.
It used to be mine as a child, I am sure the kid will enjoy it as much as I did.
 
Love,
Kakashi
 
Sakura's cheeks grew hot when she finished reading the letter, Love Kakashi…
 
Remembering the package Sakura tore open the wrapping and found it to be a book. It was not one of those perverted books it was a children's book of fairy tails, nursery rhymes, and children's songs. It had most of the stories Sakura grew up with and some more she had never heard before. It was the perfect bedtime story book for young children…
 
Thanks Kakashi, Sakura gave a small smiled as she fingered through the pages, this was really sweet of you. I know the child will love it.
 
She still had that shy smile playing on her lips as she curled herself up under the warm covers. No one had ever put that in a letter for her before other than her parents when she was young. It felt kind of nice, if truth be told, and she felt a heat rise up in her chest. She felt light and feathery.
 
Sakura was drifting off to sleep when she felt the baby kicking again. She moaned in annoyance, Always at night, you always start acting up right when I am about to go to sleep. If it were up to you I would never sleep…
 
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
 
Afterwards Sakura seemed to have dozed off for a little bit, things were a little clearer now but her head was still spinning. Now though she had a stronger feeling of happiness now, she felt lighter than air.
 
It was still dark outside and the moonlight shone through the curtains over her form lying on the bed. Her lips were in a small smile as she lay with her eyes still closed, only to snap open when she realized he wasn't lying beside her anymore.
 
Her eyes darted frantically around the room looking for him until she spotted his form in the dark.
 
“Wait…” her voice was weak and tired.
 
“I won't leave you Sakura I promise,” he whispered running his fingers through her hair, “I will always be there for you Sakura you won't have to be alone anymore. I love you Sakura and I will make sure nothing ever happens to you…”
 
He gave her one last kiss, a deep kiss that Sakura did not want to end before he placed the small pink rose on the bedside table.
 
“I love you Sakura,” he whispered into her ear, “I will never let you feel alone.”
 
He ran his hand softly along Sakura's cheek before leaving her to fall asleep again…
 
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
 
Gently Sakura's eyes fluttered open, her hand traveled to her cheek, I could have sworn I felt his touch this time. I could feel the warmth from his hand; it was like he was here…
 
The sun had barely risen over the horizon at the early hour of the morning and the cool summer morning breeze worked its way through the curtains through the open window. Wait a second open window?
 
I closed that window before I went to bed last night I am sure of it, Sakura struggled to get up out of her bed, he was here again! That bastard has been coming in and out of this house all he wants through my bedroom window! There is a tree right outside the goddamn window he could have been watching me ever since the night of the party.
 
She had no idea what she was supposed to do about the man that was coming in and out of her home in the night. Even if she put a lock on it he could probably find ways to get past it. Sakura knew that so far as he was able to get into the house he never did anything threatening but there was still a chance of that, it seemed as though Sakura had a stalker.
 
Breathing heavy she looked out the window, craning her neck at all angles to check if he was still there, but he wasn't. No one was there, on the street below there was almost no one up and about.
 
There was a knock at the door snapping Sakura out of her thoughts. She stood there frozen by her window, scared.
 
Could it be, Sakura swallowed, “W-who is it?”
 
“Its Kakashi,” the voice from the door called, “I left one of my gloves here last night and I have an early morning mission to go on. I just stopped by to pick it up.”
 
It was Kakashi's voice there was no doubt in Sakura's mind so she ran to the door to answer it (as fast as she could go with such a pregnant belly). She swung the door open and threw herself into his arms, trembling.
 
Kakashi staggered back slightly just trying to register what was going on, Sakura had just thrown herself right into his chest, refusing to let go. He could feel how badly she was shaking and so he put his arms around her.
 
“Sakura what is wrong,” Kakashi whispered.
 
“He has been getting into my house,” Sakura whispered, “Through my bedroom window he has been coming in and out of here like he had an invitation…”
 
Kakashi nodded understanding what she meant, “Come on lets go inside.”
 
Quietly Kakashi helped Sakura back inside and tried to help calm her down.
 
“What happened,” he asked quietly, “What do you remember?”
 
“I was sleeping and I woke up, but I could have sworn someone had been beside the bed,” explained Sakura, “The window was open, and I am sure I closed it before bed. I think he may have been getting through for a while, he even left something in the baby's room…”
 
“What was it?”
 
“A baby basket, something for it to sleep and sit in when it is not in its crib,” Sakura mumbled, “I-I'm just afraid. This guy can go in and out of this house whenever he wants to.”
 
Kakashi nodded understanding what she meant, “Sakura why don't I stay with you for a while? If he comes back then he will just have to deal with me won't he?”
 
“But didn't you say you had a mission?”
 
“I was running ahead of schedule anyway,” Kakashi shrugged, “It just wouldn't be the same if I wasn't late would it?”
 
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
 
Yup…
Well I still have at least another chapter or two before the baby gets a name so get them down while you still can!! Thank you to all of you who have already reviewed and given me a name! *Hugs all around* Hehe!! I am not sure how to decide which one to use. I really like all the ideas!!
 
Until next time… (dun, dun, duh)
Lil_Pix