Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Out of the Blue ❯ Emily's Outasight...Literally! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Alright I'll just shut up now and let you read.
 
Early the next day:
“Good morning my freaky darling!” yelled Lucy as she leaped onto Emily's bed to get her up. Emily groaned from under her pillow.
“What time is it?” she muttered sleepily.
“Five thirty,” said Maddie cheerily who was standing in the door way, “And we're meant to meet our temporary sensei at eight.”
Emily threw off her duvet and clambered out of bed and over to her cupboard.
“Ok, I'll be down in a second; I've just got to get changed.”
“I'm going to wear some of my new stuff.” giggled Maddie happily. Lucy laughed and walked out of the room to let Emily get changed.
Ten minuets later she came downstairs dressed in a dark blue and black, sleeveless chung-san (a Chinese style dress with slits up both sides up to the hip, like Sakura's) with a pair of black shorts underneath. She had done her long, dark pink hair up in her normal double ponytail and had also put on all her ninja equipment (kunai holster, hip pouch, forehead protector etc.).
Lucy was sitting at the kitchen table dressed in a pair of black pedal-pushers and a blood red top that was very similar to Tenten's. Her black and red hair (Lucy has black hair with dark red streaks) was done up in a high ponytail with a few loose bangs hanging sown to frame her face and she was wearing her usual dark blue sandals and ninja gear. She smiled at Emily as she came down the stairs.
“Nice outfit Emi.” she commented Lucy as she stood up.
“Thanks, I like the top. Hey, where's Maddie?”
As if on cue Maddie entered the room from the bath room. She had done her hair up in a knot at the back of her head with a pair of sharp chopsticks. She was wearing a dark green skirt, with black shorts and a black halter neck as well as detached netted sleeves over her arms. She giggled at her reflection in the full length mirror on the wall.
“Interesting combination Maddie, but wicked all the same.” Laughed Emily as she walked to the door. Suddenly, just as Emily lifted her hand to open the door, she screamed at the top of her lungs.
“OMG!!!!” she shrieked, staring down at her hands in horror. Maddie and Lucy rushed over to her.
“Emi?! What's wron…OMG!” Maddie yelled. Lucy gaped like a dying fish at Emily's hands as Emily began to cry with shock and horror. She backed away door just as it burst open.
“What's going on?!” Jonathan had just burst into the room and had seen Emily crying and staring down at her hands, which were now dissolving into thin air.
The molecules in the tips of Emily's fingers were separating into the air; her hands were going slowly transparent.
“No one touch her hands!” said Jonathan quickly kneeling down in front of the sobbing Emily. He carefully took hold of her still visible wrists.
“Emily, try and concentrate on bringing your molecules back together.” He said gently. She sobbed, but obeyed. She closed her eyes and concentrated her chakra to her now, partially invisible hands. Slowly the molecules began to come back together, forming her hand back into a solid form again.
Emily opened her eyes and let out a sigh of relief. Jonathan gave her a quick comforting hug and helped her up.
“What happened to her? And how did you know how to make Emily's hand come back?” asked Lucy still looking a bit scared. Jonathan looked over at her once he made sure that Emily was alright again.
“Tunsade told me that something like this might happen. She had discovered that each of you is supposed to have two different powers; an element power and a ninja power. Emily's ninja power allows her to turn invisible at free will by using her chakra to separate her molecules.” He explained. Emily glanced down at her solid hands.
“But, how did I do it?” she asked, her hands were shaking a little.
“Tunsade said that your powers should be fairly easy to control, to make your molecules separate you have to send a steady wave of chakra through your body. Once you've mastered that you will be able to make your clothes and other objects invisible too.”
“But I didn't mean to do it a second ago? I wasn't using any chakra at all.” She said. Maddie looked perplexed. Jonathan gave a little laugh.
“It also may happen when you are feeling strong excitement or happiness.”
Comprehension dawned on all of their faces. Maddie still looked a little confused though.
“You said something about us having ninja powers and element powers?” she said. Jonathan nodded.
“She said each of you will know what your powers are by the end of the day.” He smiled, “Look, I'm sorry but I've got to run, I have to be at a jounin meeting in ten minuets. I would practice that power Emily, it could come in handy.” He gave them a wink before vanishing in a poof of smoke. Maddie rolled her eyes.
“Trust my brother to show off like that. Come on lets go.”
Once they had all got outside into the morning sunlight, Emily seemed to calm down a bit. Once they were out of sight of the crowds of people of the street, Emily tried to separate her molecules again. She closed her eyes and relaxed her body, sending a wave of chakra running from her center right up to her hair and right down to her toes. Slowly she opened her eyes and looked at Maddie who was looking right through her.
“Can you see me guys?” she asked, her voice sounded like a gentle echo, like what you would expect a ghost to sound like. Maddie smiled and shook her head with glee.
“I think I can just see you Emi, but you look like a ghost.” Said Lucy looking directly through Emily with a grin. Emily smiled to herself. She loved the feeling of being invisible, she felt so light and weightless. Then she though of something. Giggling to herself, she took a graceful jump off the ground and hovered in the air five feet off the ground.
“Now that is wicked.” she laughed. Maddie looked around in confusion.
“Where are you, and what's wicked?” she asked. Emily flew down to Maddie and made her face appear just enough for Maddie to see. Maddie jumped back in shock. Emily laughed.
“I'm so light that I can fly too!” her ghost like face giggled as the rest of her body began to reappear and slowly float to the ground. Maddie grinned with excitement.
“That's so COOL!!!” she yelled, Emily laughed and Lucy giggled then sighed.
“What's wrong Luce?” asked Emily looking concerned for her friend. Lucy just sighed again.
“It's just that you guys have your ninja powers already, and I can't even throw a shuriken the right way yet.”
Maddie walked forwards to her friend and placed a hand on Lucy's shoulder.
“Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get your powers soon.” said Maddie kindly. Lucy looked at her two smiling friends, and smiled back.
“Thanks guys, you're the best.” She said. Emily began running forwards.
“Well come on guys! We'll want to get to the training grounds to start practicing some time soon.” She laughed over her shoulder. Maddie ran after her and signaled for Lucy to follow, and she did, smiling.
 
-
 
When the three girls got to the deserted training ground in the forest surrounding Konoha, Maddie immediately started practicing her time twisting technique. She was getting very good at it by now, she was now not just able to fast-forward and rewind time, but she could also travel forwards and backwards through it as well. She wasn't too keen on doing this technique much though, since she would only travel backwards or forwards only by a few seconds it didn't make much of a difference, it was landing that was the problem.
Ever time Maddie would go back in time, she would have to concentrate very hard on where she wanted to land, and more than once, Emily and Lucy had had to fish her out of the near by river or help her dig her legs out of the ground.
Emily, on the other hand was spending her time practicing making herself disappear and reappear very quickly. She was finding it quite easy to separate her molecules and bring them together again fast, but it was really the being able to fly like a ghost that made her feel good. Ever now and then she would separate her molecules and then just fly up above the trees and into the clouds, looking down at Maddie and Lucy as they trained.
Lucy, since she hadn't really discovered her power yet, she was meditating. She was sitting on top of a tree stump in a lotus position with her eyes focused on a large rock in front of her. She had been thinking about what Jonathan had heard from Tunsade about them all having element powers and ninja powers. Maddie and Emily had already found their ninja power, and she had to admit, their powers were really cool. She wondered what her's would be, whether it would be as cool or as useful. Suddenly, Lucy felt a pang of jealousy flow through her and her eyes narrowed at the rock she was staring at. Then something very odd happened.
The rock that Lucy was glaring at began to shake slightly; Lucy didn't know what was happening, but she could feel chakra slowly flowing to her eyes as she focused on the stone. It began to shake more violently as Lucy's mind tried to grasp it. Lucy suddenly realized what her mind was doing, and she smiled and forced her thoughts to close around the rock, slowly levitating it into the air.
Lucy could hardly believe her eyes; she had made a large stone on the ground float weightlessly into mid air using only her mind. A huge grin plastered across her face.
“Emi!!! Maddie!!! Come here quickly!!!” she screamed, keeping her mind a hold of the stone. Maddie raced over to where Lucy was now making the rock turn over in mid air and Emily materialized right next to her.
Both of the girl's jaws dropped. Lucy smirked.
“How are you doing that?” asked Emily looking shocked and walking over to the hovering stone in curiosity.
“I think I'm controlling it with my mind.” replied Lucy with a smile on her face. Maddie let out a scream of delight and wrapped Lucy in a tight bear hug. Unfortunately, this made Lucy loose her concentration and the stone dropped, onto Emily's foot.
“OW!” she yelled in pain. Lucy quickly closed her mind around the stone again and lifted it off Emily's foot.
“Sorry Emi.” said Maddie. Emily smiled.
“Its fine.” laughed Emily rubbing her sore foot. Maddie looked down at her watch.
“Hey guys! The sensei should be here in about a hour.” she said excitedly. Lucy grinned and stood up.
“Maybe we should just keep practicing until he comes.” She suggested. Emily nodded in consent and Maddie just giggled.
Only half an hour had passed since Lucy had discovered her ninja power, and already she was getting very good at it. Emily and Maddie were having great fun watching her make rocks fly around the clearing and ever now and again, lifting either Emily of Maddie up into the air and spinning them around.
Another fifteen minuets went by and Emily was seeing if she was able to make one of them vanish as well as herself. It was tricky at first, but she soon got the hang of it. Lucy and Maddie had had loads of fun when Emily had managed to take them both up into the clouds with her. While Emily kept them hovering in the sky, Lucy would have brilliant fun entertaining Maddie by bending the wisps of cloud into different shapes while Emily just laughed as Maddie tried to guess what they were.
A little while later on the ground, Maddie was trying to convince Lucy to skip back in time with her.
“Oh come on Luce! Emily loved it!” begged Maddie as Lucy refused for the fifth time to skip forwards a few seconds.
“No Maddie. It just seems a bit too creepy for me.” said Lucy. Emily shrugged.
“Well I liked it. It just feels so cool moving that fast.” she laughed. Maddie smirked.
Instead of practicing around the monument and flag pole, they had decided to go and hang out by the bridge that led over the river. Emily was sitting was sitting on the wooden railing of the bridge with her head held to the sky, letting the breeze run over her face and through her hair.
Lucy was making the leaves that were on the bridge swirl all around herself as if they were in a whirl wind. Maddie on the other hand was now getting board of waiting for their sensei to show up. He had been meant to come fifteen minuets ago.
“Emi!” whined Maddie as Emily observed how she could now make her sandals disappear while keeping her feet in tact, “The sensei was meant to be here over ten minuets ago. Maybe we should go and look for him.”
Lucy sighed.
“Don't bother, we've learned a lot today even with out him.” said Lucy, letting the leaves that were still swirling around her drop to the ground. Emily took a soothing breath of the pure air all around her as her sandals materialized on her feet again.
Suddenly there was the sound of rustling bushes in the trees a few meters away from them. All of them looked over at where the sound was coming from. And to their shock they saw none other than Team 7 come out of the trees and stop when they saw the three girls standing on the bridge waiting for their sensei to show up.
 
Ha-ha! Suspense! Ok maybe it wasn't that good but please be nice and review it anyway.