Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Out of the Blue ❯ Maddie + Reman = Major Trouble ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I tried to make this chappy a little funnier that any of the others so far. Please tell me if I did a good job. Thanx!
 
 
“Please Maddie! I beg you! No more!” groaned Jonathan as the three girls dragged him to yet another clothes shop. Emily and Lucy giggled.
“Not yet bro. Just one more shop.” Laughed Maddie. Jonathan gave a scared little whimper as Emily dragged him be the back of his jounin jacket into yet another female clothing shop.
Tunsade had organized for them to have a reasonable amount of money to spend on cloths and food until Jonathan was able to join the Jounin Team and urn them enough money to live off. She had also set aside two apartments for the girls and Jonathan to stay in.
Obviously being girls Maddie, Emily and Lucy had been overjoyed at the idea of a shopping trip. Jonathan on the other hand hadn't been too pleased at the idea. He had begun to dislike the idea even more when his sister and her two best friends had dragged him around every clothes shop in the main street. After only half an hour, he was nearing the brink of insanity.
“Maddie, Lucy,” said Emily, glancing down at Jonathan, who was now muttering something about monkeys and peanut butter to the shop wall, “Maybe we should stop now, or we may permanently damage Jonathan's IQ level.”
“Ok!” laughed Lucy and Maddie over their shoulders, as they both paid for a large pile of cloths and make up they had picked out. To be honest, the cashier lady looked half thrilled, half shocked at the amount of cloths the three girls were buying.
Once all of them were out of the shop, Maddie had suggested that they all went to have some reman before heading off to find their apartments. Both the girl's had agreed with much enthusiasm. Jonathan however, was still to busy muttering to himself about mangos and ear wax to care much. Emily tried her best to ignore his random comments as she continued to guide him down the crowded street towards the reman shop with Lucy and Maddie. Once they had arrived, sat down and ordered a bowl each (two for Maddie, she always gets hungry after shopping) the lovely smell of the food had seemed to return Jonathan to normal again.
 
-
 
Half an hour later:
“Maddie! You can only put so much in your stomach you know!” Lucy half yelled as Maddie began to shovel down her sixth bowl of reman. Emily smiled and looked over at Jonathan who was sitting two seats away from her. He had seemed to have developed a liking for the food as well. He was on his third bowl now.
“Seriously Sasuke! You need to cut down on all the training! Just try and relax for a while.” Came a voice from the outside the cloth that was shading Emily from the sun.
“Hn.”
Someone's hand lifted the fabric, and Emily almost choked on the chopsticks she was eating slowly with. Uzumaki Naruto and Unchiha Sasuke had just walked in and sat down just a few spaces away from where they were sitting.
Emily gave Maddie (who was sitting next to her) a hard elbow in the ribs. Maddie made a funny noise that sounded a bit like mud going down a drain pipe, and shot Emily an annoyed look, a few noodles still hanging out of her full mouth. Maddie quickly swallowed her mouth full and glared at Emily.
“What is it?! Can't you see I'm eating?!” she said angrily putting her chopsticks back into her bowl. Emily grabbed her arm.
“Honestly Maddie!” she hissed in French so Naruto or Sasuke wouldn't understand her, “If you weren't so concerned with anything you can put in your stomach, you would have noticed who has just come in!”
Maddie raised both her eye brows and looked over Emily's shoulder. The second Maddie's eyes fell on Naruto she half screamed, half gasped, and fell backwards off her seat. Lucy almost choked on the reman she was eating from laughing at a very red Maddie, as she got up off the floor.
Naruto had looked over to see what had happened, and Emily had caught his eyes lingering over blushing Maddie a little too long to be just a curious glance.
After that, Maddie finished her bowl of reman at top speed. It seemed she was eager to get away from all the people that had seen her accidentally slip of her stool as quickly as possible. Once all of them had picked up their bags and had headed back down the street towards the building where Tunsade had said their apartments were, Maddie stopped.
“Oh damn it!” she swore, looking down at her hip, “I've left my purse behind.”
Jonathan rolled his eyes. Emily gave him a short hard punch on the arm and walked over to Maddie.
“You guys go ahead, we'll come back once we've got her purse back.” Said Emily over her shoulder. Lucy smiled and walked inside their building along with Jonathan.
It only took them a minuet to get back to the reman shop, seeing as it was only three blocks away from their house. Once they did reach the reman shop Maddie had a good look around and asked the man at the counter, but no luck.
“Never mine, you spent most of it on the reman anyway.” giggled Emily. Maddie couldn't help but smile. Emily always seemed to have a way to make you smile when you were feeing down. Suddenly Emily felt someone's hand on her butt. Not something she was comfortable with.
Her reflexes took control and she whipped around and smacked the rather dodgy, brown haired boy's hand away from her rear. He smirked at her and Maddie.
“Hello beautiful.” He said, slipping an arm around her waist. A look of complete disgust crossed Emily's face just before she gave the sleazy teenager a good hard shove away from her and into a rubbish bin.
“You're way out of your league buster.” Emily hissed as the well built male just managed to haul himself out of the trash can.
Some other people on the street were turning their heads to see what was going on. Maddie turned to walk away, but another group of dodgy looking teenage boys (all ninja's I might add) were coming a little too close for comfort.
“Emi, what do we do?” hisses Maddie in French. Emily looked around. The boys had now formed a circle around them both. This was beginning to really irritate Emily now.
“Do what you think a ninja would do.” She said back. Maddie whipped out her kunai and held it ready in front of her.
“Our first fight. This should be interesting.” murmured Maddie just as one of the boys made a clumsy leap at her, which she dodged easily. Another slightly younger blonde boy took a grab at Emily, but she leaped to the side and planted a nice long gash down the boy's arm with her kunai. The teenager swung his leg underneath her, but she did a rather impressive back flip over the boy and knocked him clean out with one swipe from her left hand as she landed neatly on her feet like a cat.
Maddie was still having quite a few problems with who she was fighting. She was battling three large boys at the same time with only a kunai, and the other males had quite long swords with them.
“Maddie! Just knock them out! We don't have time for this!” yelled Emily as she kicked a red haired boy so hard in the face that almost all of his teeth came flying out of his mouth.
Suddenly one of the teenage boys fighting Maddie whipped out three shuriken and hurled them at her. She screamed and threw her arms up in front of herself and closed her eyes.
There was a bright flash of white light and a noise like a fire cracker, and Maddie opened her eyes.
Everyone and everything on the street had frozen completely. Even the shuriken's that the boy she had been fighting had thrown had stopped in mid air an inch from her face.
“W-what?” she stammered as she looked around the street. She was the only one in the street who was moving, or breathing for that matter. Maddie spun around to look at Emily. She was frozen too.
“Emi?” Maddie whispered, placing a hand on her friend's shoulder. All of a sudden Emily's body relaxed and she started breathing again. She stopped and looked around at the frozen people in shock.
“W-what d-did you do to them?” she stammered. Maddie was about to as the same question when she sensed that the normal time pattern was being restored. She grabbed Emily's hand and started running toward their apartment building. Just as the two of them ran inside the building the other people on the street returned to normal.
“What! Where did they go?!”
“They just vanished!”
“How the hell?!”
A series of yells and shouts of confusion came from the street below as the two girls sprinted up to their apartment on the top floor. The second Maddie and Emily burst through the door to their flat (Jonathan's flat was right next door to theirs) they both slammed the door behind them and slid onto the floor, panting with shock.
“What's up with you guys?” asked Lucy as she carried a pile of cloths and hair stuff into her room. Emily just looked stunned as she glanced over at Maddie, who looked a lot paler than normal.
“Guys are you ok?” asked Lucy coming over to them. Emily nodded slowly and stood up. Maddie was staring at the floor.
“Maddie, what happened?” said Lucy gently. Maddie gulped, and opened her mouth to speak.
“I-I think I m-may have discovered one of m-my abilities.” stuttered Maddie, looking as if she was going to pass out. Lucy's eyes widened.
“REALLY?! That's so cool! What is it?' she beamed. Maddie started shaking slightly.
“I think I have the power to freeze time.” she murmured.
 
-
 
That evening, in the girl's flat:
Maddie had been correct about what she had done in the street that morning. She had some how managed to freeze time, but only for a few seconds, and only in a certain space of the village. At first this had scared the crap out of her, but after a nice cup of rose tea and a shoulder massage from Emily, she had though the idea of her being able to twist time was really cool.
For the rest of the day she had practiced and figured out that not only could she freeze time, but she could turn it backwards and forwards (like on a video recorder, were you can rewind, pause and fast-forward it).
It had taken her almost all day to manage to do what she had done before, but after a lot of freezing and unfreezing, rewinding and fast-forwarding; she had finally got the hang of it.
“Maddie! You've been practicing all day! You haven't even unpacked your shopping yet!” yelled Lucy from up stairs (I know I said it was a flat but the bedrooms are up stairs). Emily walked into the sitting room were Maddie was `training herself' by throwing a pen across the room, freezing it just before it hit the wall, and rewinding it so it came back to her hand.
“I think I'm really getting the hang of this.” Said Maddie happily as Emily plonked herself down on the floor next to where Maddie was kneeling. Suddenly Lucy came out of her room at the top of the stairs, tripped over a shopping bag and tumbled down the stairs.
“Hey Emi! Watch this!” laughed Maddie. She reached out her hand out towards where Lucy was just about to fall, and concentrated.
Lucy suddenly stopped just before she hit the ground, stayed there motionless for a second and then tumbled back up the stairs.
Emily watched in amazement as Lucy walked backwards to her bedroom door and froze again. Maddie released her concentration and smiled up at Lucy, who was now just closing her room door.
“Don't trip Lucy.” laughed Emily and Maddie together. Lucy just looked confused, which made them laugh even harder.
“Any way,” giggled Maddie, standing up, “I'm going to go have a quick shower before bed.”
Emily smiled and flopped backwards onto the floor. They were going to have their first training session tomorrow with one of the jounins that Tunsade had assigned them while Jonathan was having his training lessons. The jounin that would be training them already had a team of their own, so it would be really interesting to see who they got put with. Ten minuet must have passed while Emily just lay there, staring at the ceiling. Suddenly the there was a knock on the front door.
“Lucy! The door!” called Emily.
“I'm getting dressed!”
“Maddie!”
“I'm in the shower!” she yelled back.
Emily started muttering to herself as she stomped over to the door and opened it.
There, standing at their front door, was a blonde boy in orange slacks and a matching jacket who she recognized as Naruto.
Of course, it would have been very odd if she had said his name and she had never met him before, so she just played her `little Miss. Clueless' act to play along.
“Yes, can I help you?” asked Emily. Naruto looked up at her and then passed her into the flat.
“Um, yeah. I came to talk to your friend that fell off her chair at the reman shop today.” He said a little nervously. Emily smiled at him, he seemed a little uneasy about asking to see Maddie.
“Maddie! Your lover boy is here to see you!” Emily called evilly over her shoulder in French, so she wouldn't embarrass Naruto.
“What are taking about?” she yelled from the bath room (in French). Naruto was looking very confused at this point. Emily turned to him and smiled.
“Hang on a sec. Come in, I'll just go get her.”
“O-ok.” He said looking uneasy; Emily showed him into the flat and then quickly went into the bath room to find Maddie.
She was standing in front of the sink mirror and was doing her hair up in a knot at the back of her head. She was dressed in a pair of green pajama bottoms and a green tank top that said `I know I'm Perfect' on the front in red letters (I know they don't really have stuff like that in the ninja world, but just work with me here).
“Maaaddddiiiiee!” laughed Emily in a silly sing-song voice. Maddie looked up.
“What?” she asked, furrowing her eye brows. An evil smirk spread over Emily's face.
“Someone here to see you.” She said. Maddie looked suddenly excited.
“Who?” she asked.
“Just go see.” Said Emily. She could hardly contain her excitement. Maddie rushed to the door and peeked through the crack.
Naruto was standing next to the sofa, examining some of the ornament that were placed on the side tables. Maddie gasped.
“It's Naruto!” she hissed. Emily grinned.
“He wants to talk to you.” Giggled Emily. Maddie blushed a deep shade of fuchsia before taking a deep breath and walking out of the bathroom. The second Maddie stepped out of the bathroom, Naruto turned around to look at her.
Maddie felt her insides constrict. He was staring at her. She smiled at him and walked forwards.
“Hi, um, you wanted to talk to me.” She said a little nervously. He quickly snapped out of his trance and nodded.
“Um…It's just that….um…you left this at the reman shop.” He said, holding her dark green purse. Although she should have felt slight disappointment that he hadn't asked her out or anything, she felt a wave of happiness.
“Oh, thank you! I was wondering where that had gone.” She laughed, giving him a quick hug, which surprised him slightly, but he didn't push her away or anything.
“Oh, um, I saw what happened with you and your friend in the street today.” He murmured, “You're a really good ninja.”
Maddie went a bright shade of pink and looked down at her white slippers.
“Ur…thanks.” She said, quietly. Naruto blushed at what he had just said and looked away quickly.
“Um, so I'll see ya round?” she said. He looked back at her and smiled nervously.
“Ur, ya.” He said. She smiled and led him to the door.
“Thanks again for giving me my purse back.” smiled Maddie.
“No problem.” grinned Naruto, “Bye.”
“Bye.” She closed the door. And let out a long sigh. Suddenly she heard familiar giggles from the top of the stairs. She looked up and saw Emily and Lucy looking down at her from the landing above.
“Ooooooo! Maddie and Naruto!” they both said at the same time. Maddie narrowed her eyes at them.
“You guys are so annoying!” she said, which just made them laugh even harder.
“I'm never going to live this down.” She murmured, as she wandered back into the safety of the bath room.
 
Many thanks to user: blueyabc123 for giving me the first review! Thanx you rock! Please tell me if this chappy was good of bad.