Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Out of the Blue ❯ Whats Going On? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hola! Bonjor! Hello! Etc. Hope you like it. Please R&R!!!!!!!!!
 
“Emi! We have been walking for hours! HOW LONG IS THIS GOING TO TAKE!!!!!!” moaned Madeleine. Emily had already started to get irritated because it took over half an hour to get Lucy to shut up about the weather, this was just too much. Emily whirled around to face them both, fire blazing in her dark blue eyes.
“All right! For a start, we have only been walking for just over half an hour! It took almost all of that time just to get you,” she jabbed her finger at a very shocked Lucy, “to quit complaining that it might rain! And because I don't have a flipping clue where we are, I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG IT IS GOING TO TAKE!!!!!!!!!!!” she screamed at the top of her lungs. At thins point; Lucy and Madeleine were clinging to each other in shock and horror at their best friend shouting so loudly. Emily was just getting her breath back from her outburst of frustration, when they all heard rustling in one of the bushes.
All of them froze. Someone was moving through the trees behind them. Again, Emily automatically spun around, whipped out her kunai and held it at the ready. Lucy and Maddie had seemed to do the same thing of their own accord behind her. Emily was just about to tell them to back up, when a man of about 21 stumbled out of the bushes.
Emily almost jumped back in shock. The man seemed really familiar, and yet she could have sworn that she had never seen him before. He had dark brown hair that fell al around his garnet eyed face. He was wearing a jounin's outfit and a headband just like theirs tied loosely around his neck (like Hinata wear's hers).
Before Emily could think about what she was doing, she shot around behind him, placed her right foot on the base of the man's spine and pushed; forcing him to go onto his knees. At the same time, she grabbed the man's wrists and pulled them us against his back so he couldn't move.
Emily was completely shocked at what she had just done, it had just been instinct to her. The man struggled to get his arms free of her grasp, but Emily had managed to get him into a position where he couldn't his arms from the shoulder down to his hands.
Emily quickly took the kunai that was still in her left hand and held it to the man's throat.
“Who are you and why are you following us?” she demanded. The man twisted his head around so he got a glimpse of her face; panic was etched all over his face.
“Wait! Emily, it's me!” he said quickly. Emily froze, she had heard that voice before, but it couldn't be.
“Jonathan?!!!!” they all yelled in shock. He nodded slowly for Emily still had her kunai at his throat. She quickly let him go and he stood up. Maddie looked as if she was about to pass out. Lucy's eyes were as round as dinner plates. Emily just stared at him.
“H-how did you know it was us?” she asked almost silently. Jonathan paused for a second, and then he reached into his pocket and took out a small photograph and handed it to Emily.
“I found this in my pocket when I woke up half an hour ago; I saw you and followed you.” He said quietly.
Emily, Maddie and Lucy looked down at the photo, and all gasped at the same time.
On the photo there were four people; three girl's of about fourteen standing in front of a grinning man who had his hands on two of the girl's heads. Emily recognized the man as the one standing before them now, but she also recognized the three girls as herself, Maddie and Lucy.
She, Emily was standing on the left with her sensei's right hand on her head; she was smiling happily at the camera. Lucy was standing on the right with Jonathan's other hand perched on the top of her head as well; she was smirking evilly at the camera. And last was Maddie, she was standing in the middle since she was the smallest; she was winking cheekily at the camera. Emily couldn't help but laugh. They almost looked like they were meant to be in a team.
And then it clicked into place. All three of the girls seemed to realize it at exactly the same time.
They were all in a trainee team. And Jonathan was their sensei!
“Wha...how…whoa.” breathed Lucy. Emily looked over at Maddie. You could almost see the steam coming out of her ears as her brain overheated.
Jonathan looked down at his feet.
“You're our sensei?!” squeaked Maddie, her legs began to shake slightly. Emily slipped her arm under Maddie's arms to stop her from falling over.
“How did this happen?!” asked Lucy. Jonathan shrugged, but she still looked a bit nervous that Emily had managed to hold a kunai to his neck.
“Well we can't just stay here. We have to find out where the village is.” Said Emily trying to regain her composure. Jonathan looked at her as if she was insane.
“Are you people crazy?!” he yelled. Emily scowled at him and folded her arms in front of her chest. Jonathan opened his mouth to shout again, but Emily held up a hand to silence him.
“Have you got a better idea?” she asked icily. Jonathan was silent. Lucy glanced over her shoulder all of a sudden.
“Hey guys! Look!” she squealed excitedly. Maddie turned around and peered through a gap in the trees. There in front of her very eyes, were the gates to Konoha, just like in the series.
“Wow.” breathed Lucy from next to her, “It's huge.”
“Come on, lets go.” Said Maddie excitedly walking forwards out of the trees. Jonathan was just about to pull little sister back into the safety of the bushes but decided follow her lead since Emily and Lucy were doing the same.
Maddie was only just entering the gigantic gate of Konoha when they all heard someone shout.
“Hey you there! Stop!”
Lucy and Emily froze. They had completely forgotten about the gate guards. Lucy quickly regained her composer and though quickly of something to say. She turned to the guard that was moving quickly towards them, and smiled sweetly.
“Is there a problem?” she said in the most innocent voice as she could muster. The guard narrowed his eyes at her, and then looked at her headband.
“I've never seen you here before. Who are you guys?” He asked suspiciously eyeing Emily's pink hair. Jonathan stepped forwards to the three girl's complete surprise and looked the man directly in the face.
“We just transferred from another village. We're here to see Tunsade-sama.” He said calmly. The guard looked at him suspiciously. Maddie took a small step forwards and looked up at the guard like a little child.
“Please, we don't mean to cause any trouble.” She said in a small and innocent voice. The guard looked down at her, and his gaze softened. Emily and Lucy had to force them self's not to laugh at Maddie as she made her best `puppy dog face'.
Her eyes widened a little more, giving her the look of a very young child. The guard smiled at her. He bent down so his face was level with hers.
“And what's your name young miss?” he asked kindly. Maddie smirked to herself inside. This guy was such a sucker as to fall for her cute face act. Still she persisted.
She smiled sweetly.
“I'm Maddie.” She said. Jonathan rolled his eyes. Luckily the guard didn't seem to notice. Emily stepped forwards. The guard stood up again.
“We just want to talk to Tunsade.” She said smoothly. The guard looked over at the gate and back.
“Well alright. Just don't tell her I let you in”
“Thanks.” Emily smiled as they walked away down the main street. Young trainee ninja's were practicing and playing. People were shopping while talking with the shop keepers. It seemed like quite a peaceful place for a ninja village. Lucy looked up at the street ahead and spotted the Hokage's office building.
“There it is guy's.” she said looking up at the huge building. Maddie glanced down the other side of the street, and spotted the reman shop.
`Yay!” screamed Maddie, making quite a few people around her jump back in alarm, “I've always wanted to try that stuff! Jonathan! Can you please get us some?!”
Jonathan raised an eyebrow at his younger sister.
“You seem to be forgetting Madeleine, that we have no money what so ever.” He said calmly. Maddie looked really disappointed, but she perked up again when they entered the Hokage's building.
 
-
 
Once they had requested to see Tunsade they were led up to her office door by one of her assistants.
“Come in.” her voice came from behind the closed door. The assistant opened the door and closed it again after all of them had walked in.
Tunsade was sitting at her desk, hunched over a large pile of papers and books. It was at least two seconds before she looked up at them.
“Can I help you?” she asked calmly. Lucy stepped forwards.
“We need kinda your help.” She said nervously. Tunsade gave her a questioning look and then turned her eyes to look at Jonathan.
“And just who are you? I have never seen you before.” She said while narrowing her amber eyes. Jonathan looked back at her.
“My names Jonathan. This is my sister Madeline, Lucy and Emily.” He said gesturing towards the three teenage girls standing ether side of him.
Tunsade blinked.
“So what can I do for you four?” she asked looking a little intrigued at the unusual names they had. Emily perked up at this point.
“Well, what sort of happened is…” and Emily explained their whole story about how they got there (with a little help from Maddie, Lucy and Jonathan), about how they looked different from what they remembered and about the photo in Jonathan's pocket. Tunsade listened in complete silence. Once Emily had finished by explaining how they had got past the guard, Tunsade paused for a few seconds.
“Can you prove to me that you are really from another world, and not spy ninja's from another village?” she asked. Maddie gave her a stunned look.
“How are we supposed to prove that we aren't spies?” she said a little too loudly for comfort. Tunsade narrowed her eyes again.
“Well if you are from another world, you should be able to think of something.” She said placing her chin on top of her hands expectantly. Maddie's eyes burned with fury. Emily could see what was coming next, and she didn't like it.
“Maddie…?” she whispered. But Maddie had already lost it.
“What is wrong with you, you old hag?!!!” she screamed. Tunsade looked a little surprised at being yelled at by a thirteen year old girl. Lucy looked down at the floor and shook her head. Jonathan slapped his forehead.
“Now you've done it…” he breathed. Maddie clenched her fists.
“How the HELL are we supposed to prove that we don't know how to use our abilities properly?! How should I have the faintest clue how we got here or why?!” she wasn't just screaming now, she had stomped up to Tunsade desk and slammed her fists down on the wooden surface, making all the books on the table leap into the air.
“Maddie! Stop it!” yelled Emily and Lucy as they tried to drag Maddie away from the desk by the back of her top, as she started swearing at Tunsade in fluent French. Tunsade looked completely lost for words.
Here standing before her were a group of people she had never seen before, and yet they all had legitimate Konoha headbands on, they all had ninja abilities and yet they have no memory of how they got them. This was definitely not normal.
“I'm so sorry.” Said Emily truthfully, still trying to hold Maddie back as a rainbow of French swear words erupted from her mouth, “She's just very stressed from all of this.”
Tunsade got up from her desk and walked over to them. Maddie stopped struggling against Emily and Lucy's grip and looked up when Tunsade came and stood in front of her.
“Madeleine, what was that language you where speaking in just now?” she asked softly. Maddie looked slightly taken aback. She had been fluent in French since she was 5; since she was half French that wasn't really surprising.
“It's French; all of us can speak it.” stammered Maddie nervously, glancing at her three companions. Tunsade looked up at Emily.
“Then how is it you are able to speak and understand Japanese?” she asked curiously. Emily felt her heart sink. She had been speaking in Japanese the whole time, but she just hadn't noticed. Lucy and Maddie gave Emily a really confuse look.
“I-I don't know.” She breathed, her knees beginning to shake. Tunsade smiled at her and placed a hand on her shoulder.
“Calm down Emily. That was all the proof I needed.”
Emily looked at her as if she was mentally ill and Tunsade laughed.
“I have been to your world once before, and I know that no one here would be able to speak fluent French, unless they had been brought up in your world.”
All of them looked stunned. Tunsade moved back to her desk and sat down.
“What I cannot understand is why you have ninja abilities.” She looked down at a piece of paper on her desk, “All I can think is that you once lived in this world, but you were somehow transported into another world. Your memories of becoming ninja's were erased and you grew up as normal children.”
“B-but then,” stammered Lucy, “How are we meant to learn how to use our techniques again? I mean, we don't even know what level we're on or anything.”
Tunsade closed her eyes.
“Judging by the amount of chakra you are emitting, I would say you, Madeleine and Emily are Chuunins and Jonathan is a jounin.”
Jonathan whooped immaturely and pulled a face at his sister. He then received a very hard punch in the stomach from her. Tunsade and Emily laughed and Lucy rolled her eyes.
“You will be able to use your techniques to their full extent when you are able to remember how you got them, but for now just trust your instincts and you'll blend in fine.”
Maddie looked down at her sandals. “I'm sorry for loosening my temper. I happens quite a lot with me.” Tunsade smiled.
“Think nothing of it. But I must warn you. Until I am able to find out where exactly you came from, it would be best if you told people that you are transfers from another village.” All of them nodded.
“Oh, and one last thing; to help you get your memory's back, I'm sure it would help if you tried to discover exactly what your abilities are. I assume that you are their sensei Jonathan, so naturally you will have to try and help them. Although you can't remember your teaching and all the rest, I still think you will be able to remember in time.”
Jonathan blinked and Maddie turned to him.
“I you think that I'm going to start calling you `Jonathan-sensei' from now on, think again.” She muttered. Emily and Lucy burst out laughing as they walked out of the office, uttering their goodbyes.
 
Not a very interesting chapter I know, but I'll get Team 7 into the next one. Please don't give up on reading this. I'll make the next one better I promise. R&R.