Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Out of the Blue ❯ Premontions ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry this chapter took so long but I've just started at a new school so I haven't really had much time to do any writing. Well enjoy.
 
Lucy giggled to herself as she noticed Sasuke with his arms around Emily. Emily had her head supported on his strong shoulder and Sasuke was gently burying his face in her soft pink hair.
“I knew she liked him.” Lucy laughed to herself as she moved over to the bar. The bar man smiled at her.
“That was brilliant singing miss. What can I get you?” he asked nicely. Lucy smiled at him.
“Can I just have some water please, my throat is quite dry.”
“Well after all that singing I'm not surprised.” he laughed and went off to find a glass. Lucy sighed and looked over at where Maddie was teaching Naruto to street dance (hehehehe I couldn't resist). Suddenly her eye caught someone she recognized.
Shikamaru was sitting on the other side of the bar to her with Ino. Lucy smirked when she saw that Ino had been forced to cut off her ponytail after Lucy had burnt off the end. Her hair was now shoulder length.
“Just look at her Shikamaru! Sasuke can't like her! I mean she's no even pretty!” Lucy could hear Ino rant about Emily to Shikamaru who wasn't really listening to her.
“Here's your water Miss.” said the barman happily.
“Thanks.” smiled Lucy taking a sip. The cold liquid felt heavenly as it flowed down her dry throat.
Suddenly someone came up behind her.
“Hey sweetie, what's your name?” chuckled a sleazy looking boy while wrapping his arm around Lucy's waist. Lucy put her glass down and looked at him. The boy smirked and moved his hand down onto her rear. Lucy pulled a disgusted face and tried to shove the boy's hand. The boy just laughed and tightened his grip on her waist.
“Get off me you sleazy git!” she yelled, slamming her high heeled shoe down on his foot. The boy yelped in pain as the heel of Lucy's shoe dug into his foot, causing a lot of people to look around. Lucy managed to wriggle out of his grip. She had barley moved two feet before the boy grabbed her by the arm and spun her around. He quickly gripped her by both arm and leaned down and breathed on her face. She could smell beer on his breath.
“Looks like I've got a fiery one here.” he breathed, sliding his hand up the back of her top. Lucy could feel her temper rising fast. She smirked as her eyes began to glow a faint red color.
“I'm hotter than you think, baka.” she whispered, collecting chakra into her left hand and then slamming it against his chest. The boy yelled in pain as Lucy withdrew her hand, leaving a burnt hand mark on his chest.
“You bitch!” he screamed clutching his half burnt shirt. Lucy spun around and quickly scanned the crowds of teenage ninjas for Emily or Maddie. But she couldn't see any of her friends anywhere in sight. The boy that she had burned suddenly leaped up and grabbed her, lifting her up onto his shoulders. He quickly hooked his arm around her neck and legs so she couldn't move, and slowly pulled down on her neck.
Lucy could feel her head being bent back further and further until she couldn't breathe. She tried to wriggle free but the boy was far too strong for her.
“Oh God help me!” she thought as she felt her neck bone begin to strain. If that broke, she would be dead in seconds.
Suddenly there was a loud crash and a yell of horror and Lucy dropped to the ground and whacked her head on the hard wood floor.
 
-
 
“Hey are you ok?” came a voice that Lucy didn't recognize. Slowly she opened her amber brown eyes and looked up into a face she knew. Shikamaru was kneeling next to Lucy on the floor. Lucy tried to sit up but found that a sharp pain shot up her back if she tried to. She gasped in pain.
“Here, let me help you.” Shikamaru said gently slipping his arms under her legs and back. He carefully lifted her up and carried her over to one of the tables and sat her down in a chair. She clutched her side and kept trying to take deep breaths.
“Thanks.” she gasped, still struggling to breathe properly. Suddenly Maddie, Emily and the rest came rushing through the crowd.
“Lucy! Are you ok?” asked Emily as Maddie knelt down next to her. Lucy nodded.
“I think so. Thanks.” She turned to Shikamaru, and her stomach sank when she saw who was behind him.
“Well, well, well look who got beaten up this time.” sneered Ino with a smug look on her face. Shikamaru shot Ino a venomous look as he turned back to helping Emily get Lucy up.
“Just keep your mouth shut for now Ino!” he growled. Ino shrugged.
“Why should I? It's not like it's not true! And she deserved it!”
That had done it. Maddie jumped up and grabbed Ino by the front of her very short black dress. Maddie's greeny/brown were actually glowing with anger as she held Ino by the front of her dress.
“That's it! I'm fed up with you and your snide comments! Why don't we just settle this right now! Right here!!” she hissed. Ino smirked.
“Are you challenging me?” she asked sweetly, but there was a slight trace of fear in her voice. Maddie smirked back, her eyes flashed with emerald green light. Ino's smile vanished.
“I do believe I am.” she growled in a voice that wasn't her own, throwing Ino across the room. She slammed into the far wall just as Maddie lunged at her.
“Maddie stop!!!!!!!!” screamed Emily as Lucy almost fell to the floor and was caught just in time by Shikamaru. But Emily was too late.
“Bind Weed!!!” yelled Maddie as fast growing ivy sprang out of the floor and clasped Ino's legs. Ino tried to brake free, but the ivy was far too strong for her. Maddie swished her hand over her view of Ino.
“Black Lotus!!!” she hissed. The huge, translucent form of a black flower closed around Ino's struggling form. Maddie stretched her hand out, and closed her fist, her eyes flashed again.
“Constrict!!!”
Ino yelled in terror as the black flower closed in around her like a compacter. Emily screamed in horror as she heard Ino's forced breathing. Suddenly Naruto rushed forwards and grabbed Maddie from behind. Maddie gave a gasp of shock, her eyes returned to normal and she fell backwards, limp in Naruto's arms.
“Maddie!” stammered Lucy as she struggled to walk over to her fallen friend. Maddie was lying against Naruto with a horror struck look in her eyes. Ino had collapsed onto the floor but she was still breathing. A few people rushed over to help her up.
“Maddie are you alright?” asked Naruto softly stroking her head. Maddie gave a short gasp and buried her head in Naruto chest and began to cry.
“What's wrong with her?” asked Shikamaru, still supporting Lucy's shaking body. Maddie gave a whimper and clung tighter to Naruto as if she was going to be dragged away from him. Naruto wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head tenderly.
“You better take her home Naruto, I think she's had a really bad shock.” said Sasuke quietly. Naruto nodded and helped Maddie up.
As soon as they were gone Shikamaru turned to Lucy.
“Are you alright now?” he asked. Lucy nodded.
“I think I'm gunna go home now.” she breathed. Shikamaru helped her to the door.
“I'll take you home. You're in no fit state to wander the streets alone.” he said gently lifting her up and leaping from roof top to roof top with her in his arms. Lucy blushed slightly and smiled.
“Thanks.” she said quietly. Shikamaru smiled.
 
-
 
“Hey Emily.”
“Yeah?” said Emily tuning to Sasuke as they both sat on the roof of Emily apartment building. Sasuke looked questionably at her.
“What happened to Maddie just then? Is it something that normally happens in your world?”
Emily looked at the roof tiles in front of her and sighed.
“I don't know. She looked as if she had seen a ghost or something.”
Sasuke put an arm around her and Emily smiled at him.
“Don't worry, Naruto will take care of her.”
Emily sighed and lay back on the roof tiles and looked up at the sky. She smiled and turned her head to him.
“Tell me something about you that I don't know.” she said sweetly. Sasuke looked thoughtfully down at her.
“My mother used to try to teach me how to dance every day after school when I was younger.” He half laughed half sighed. Emily tilted her head to one side, noticing the pain in his voice.
“My mum used to send me to street dance lessons every Sunday.” Emily laughed. Sasuke looked slightly confused, Emily just smiled at him.
“It's a type of very fast and confusing dancing that me, Maddie and Lucy all know.” She explained, “I'm still leaning though.”
Sasuke laughed.
“So what about you?” he asked, putting his hand close to her hair, “Tell me something about you.”
Emily thought for a second and then looked up at the sky.
“I love being out side at night.” she breathed. Sasuke lay down next to her and put his hands behind his head for support.
“It's one of the only parts of the day when everything is quiet.” she breathed.
“And there are no lights but from the stars and moon.” he said softly.
Sasuke and Emily looked sideways at each other and smiled.
“I guess we're more similar that I thought.” laughed Emily quietly. She slid over to Sasuke and curled up next to him. Sasuke smiled and rolled over, putting his arms protectively around her. Emily sighed with happiness as she snuggled into Sasuke's chest and felt herself drift slowly into a dreamless sleep.
 
-
 
Naruto quietly guided Maddie into the flat and sat her down on the floor in front of the fire place (I know they didn't have fire places there but just work with me here ok). He quickly got a fire going and went and got her a blanket. Maddie clutched the blanket tightly around her as Naruto sat down next to her.
“Maddie? What happened?”
Maddie opened her mouth to say something but no sound came out. Naruto placed his hand on hers and squeezed it gently. Maddie looked at him; her eyes still had that frightened expression in them that he had seen before. Naruto looked deep into her dark green eyes and stroked her hand gently.
“Please Maddie,” he put an arm around her and pulled her closer; “you can tell me.”
Maddie shivered slightly, but crept closer to Naruto as she opened her mouth to speak again.
“I-I saw...” she stammered. Naruto gave her a gentle hug and she kept going.
“I saw Emily, but…” Maddie's eyes started to leak tears of fright. Naruto pulled her closer.
“Don't be scared Maddie.” he soothed, “I'll never let you or Emily get hurt, never.”
Maddie gulped for air and looked at him again.
“I-I need to talk to Tunsade-sama.” she whispered. Naruto gave her a caring look and held her close again.
“I'll take you tomorrow. You need to rest now”
Maddie sighed and began to weep into Naruto's shoulder again and, slowly, she drifted off to sleep in his arms.
 
-
 
(15 miles away)
 
“We can't hold back any longer! We have to act now!” growled a brown haired man with a scar on his cheek to his master who was sitting in the shadows of a large tree. The man in the shadows shifted and another man with blonde hair spoke to him in an icy tone.
“All of the Daughters have indeed gained their rightful powers, but one has already received a premonition and begun to remember her past. We don't have much time.”
The man in the shadows raised a hand for silence, everyone fell quiet.
“Be patient, the time is almost right.” The dark man breathed. The man with dark brown hair snorted.
“Are we just going to wait until they have all regained their memories and full strength? I say we act now!”
“Are you volunteering to go up against a fully powered Daughter single handed Nandiro?” asked a young red haired girl smugly. The man immediately shut up and looked down at the ground. The leader spoke again in a cold voice.
“Midori has already had a premonition of the future; Hotaru will soon uncover the truth of their pasts, but Sora has had and will not have any memories of her past for some time. That is why we must strike her first. However; there are other reasons why she will become our first victim.”
The red haired girl smirked.
“And what reasons would they be?” she asked. The leader smirked behind the shadows covering his face.
“You will all soon find out soon, Mirany. Be patient.”
 
Please review this if you have read it!!!!!! Thank you.