Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Parenting Skills ❯ Playtime ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 3: Playtime
Disclaimer: See first chapter too lazy to repeat.

“Wooah,” Taki looked at the park.
Taki and Kakashi were standing at the edge of the park. Right in the middle, kids were playing around in the largest sand box she'd ever seen.
“I'm going to sit over there Taki,” Kakashi pointed over to some random tree.
She nodded her head not looking at the tree at all. She raced down the path. Taki leaped in the sand and sprayed sand on a little pale girl.
Taki looked at the sandy girl, “That looks pretty fun. Why are you all covered up with sand?”
The pale girl had a quivering lip going on, all she wanted to do was finish her sand castle, and that girl…that big gigantic girl just had to stomp on it like a one-eyed Godzilla and the King Kong. She looked up at Taki with teary eyes.
Taki was still looking at her, “Why are you crying? What a baby,” she began wiping the sand out of her hair and shirt.
“What are you doing!” someone sounded angry.
A mean looking old woman came running up to them. The scorching eyes of a mother are always scary and should be best avoided at all costs.
“What are you doing? Why are you acting like a bully?” translating `I'm going to tell on you.'
Taki looked at the devil lady, “I'm trying to take the sand out of her hair. Duuh,” she said lamely.
The devil lady turned a nice shade of red for her next onslaught before a hand was set on her shoulder. She looked behind her and saw Kakashi. The Hatake Kakashi had a daughter, she thought. She heard of his good deeds but lecherous mind. All the matchmaking mamas wanted their daughters after him just because of his title and fame. She'll turn her angry meter down a few notches for now.
“Is this your daughter?” she seethed.
“Why yes she is,” Kakashi said calmly.
“You should teach her to be less rude and to look where she's going,” the mama stomped back to her bench.
Kakashi looked at the little innocent green devil before him. Taki looked up at him.
“There. There Uncle Kakashi, she's just on her pms,” Taki patted his hand.
Kakashi's eye widened. Like what the hell! Where did she learn that? Not from him, oh no no no.
“On her pms? Do you even know what that means?” Kakashi asked her.
“Well durr, daddy says it means Pissy Mood Syndrome, I don't know what that is. I think its Podential Murdah Soostect,” she pulled the dry-eyed girl up.
He smiled under his mask, “You mean potential murder suspect.”
“Yep. I'm still playing go away,” she raced off over to the jungle gym with the little girl flying behind her.
Kakashi walked over to an empty bench an opened one of his old books of Icha Icha Tactics. A few minutes later, a shadow blocked his sunlight and he looked up. It was, as some people are hoping for in the beginning, a pretty lady.
“Hi, can I sit here?” she said in her clear voice.
The woman dazzled Kakashi with light sparkling behind her. It was all clovers and gold. She had dark brown hair and light green colored eyes; she didn't look eccentric to him, which was great because everyone was trying to impress him nowadays. He hoped she wasn't another matchmaking mama's daughter forced to come here.
Finally coming to after his fazed moment, “Sure,” yes, Kakashi you can play the cool guy for now.
“Thanks, the old ladies over there had a …not so good aura about them right now,” the woman pointed over to the conspiring mamas.
Their shiny eyes stopped glinting and changed views when Kakashi turned to see them.
“I…see.”
“So guess you have a kid too huh? You wouldn't be hanging around this noisy area if you wanted to read your book,” she said.
“Yes she's the one with the green hair and eye patch on,” Kakashi said.
She searched the park and found her swinging on the monkey bars.
“She's pretty cute. I forgot I'm Akamori Shiori,” she put her hand out to him.
`Shiori's pretty cute too,' he thought.
Kakashi shook her hand, cool to the touch, he let his hand linger some there some more.
“Hatake Kakashi.”
She smiled and nodded at him.
“What about you? Waiting for them to finish playing?” he hoped she didn't have any kids, hoped more about her not having a boyfriend.
“Nope, I don't have a kid,” her eyes glazed a little bit, “I just moved around this area. So I'm just wandering around.”
Taki ran over to them, “Hey! I want some ice cream!” she jumped up and down.
“Looks like you have sugar in you already,” Kakashi said.
At the mentioned words of `want' and `ice cream' the ice cream man came. The bells ringing, the man pushed his cart along to the park, and a couple of kids looked up. Just like eye candy they ran over to the parked cart.
“I didn't eat anything sweet this long!” she held her hands up again.
Kakashi didn't want to figure out how long that was so he gave up and stood up. He looked down at Shiori.
“Would you like some?” he asked her.
Her eyebrows lifted, “If you're insisting, yes I would.”
“See, she wants some too. Two against one. We win!” Taki shouted with her hands on her hips.
Shiori laughed and stood up.
“Well can't beat those odds can I?”
Shiori got a vanilla scoop, Taki got a mint chocolate scoop, and Kakashi got a strawberry scoop. Taki tugged on Kakashi's pants.
“I need two for my friends too,” she squinted at him, the sun was behind him.
If it were an imaginary friend, he wouldn't buy another one.
“Who?”
“They're over there,” she pointed back to the sandbox.
“Who?” he asked again.
“There the ones with the black hair,” she said.
Umm, nearly all the kids had black hair.
“I still don't know who. Bring them over here,” he said to her.
She nodded and her purple dress flew behind her.
“You're really nice,” Shiori looked at Taki jumping back into the box and ruining the same girl's castle again.
“I'm still new to this parenting thing,” his ice cream was gone already.
Shiori blinked at him, “Where's your ice cream?”
“I already finished,” he said easily.
“Didn't you get a brain freeze?” she asked him.
“No, I…” his head went down a few notches, “Right now I am.”
“Oh! Press your tongue to the roof of your mouth that usually gets rid of brain freezes,” Shiori said.
Kakashi did as she directed. Seconds later the freezing dissipated. By then, Taki and her friends were watching him.
“Is something wrong with him?” Taki asked Shiori.
“Just a brain freeze. He got over it, right?” Shiori patted Kakashi's shoulder.
“Yeah, thanks,” he looked at her friends.
Both of her friends had black hair. She made friends pretty quick wonder why she didn't befriend that girl she stomped all over.
“Shino, Neji. This is Uncle Kakashi!” she introduced them.
Both of the guys remained silent and nodded. I do not know how she could of made friends with two non-talkers but she did.
“You didn't say you was an uncle?” Shiori grinned at him.
“She just planted onto me this morning,” he said taking out some change again.
“Shino-chan, Neji-chan what do you want?” Taki's eye sparkled.
“I don't need it,” Neji said surely.
Shino nodded too. Taki rubbed her eye patch.
“Sure you do! Uncle Kakashi's paying and we're not! So we should get something before he says no,” she said.
Smart four year old. The two guy friends looked up at the scarecrow and he nodded an okay.
“Vanilla,” Neji said.
“Chocolate,” Shino said.
Kakashi paid for their scoops. The ice cream man went away after no one was buying anymore. Taki and her two new friends went back to playing. Shiori and Kakashi went back to their empty bench.
“She's smart,” Shiori said.
“Or just pretty convincing.”
“You're right about that too.”
Thirty minutes later, they both left. Taki ran back to them.
“I'm ready to go!” she put her hand up.
“Go where?” Kakashi asked her.
“Your house, Uncle Kakashi. Duh.”
Shiori stood up, “Guess I should go home too. Still need to unpack some things.”
Kakashi nodded. He was such a great time with her too.
“Let's meet again Kakashi,” Shiori said, “and Taki, nice to meet you.”
She shook Taki's tiny hand and went on her way. Taki watched her leave.
“Wow, she's a babe,” Taki said.
Where the hell is she getting these things! Kakashi looked at her. Maybe Taki is a babe magnet.
“How do you know she's a babe?”
“Cause she's pretty. You're slow Uncle Kakashi.”
`She said she wants to meet us. Guess my day wasn't fully ruined then,' Kakashi began to walk.
Taki took his hand, “We should go to the park tomorrow too. Shino-chan wanted to show me something. Then Neji-chan wanted to show me something too! Maybe they're going to give me a present. Can't wait for tomorrow!”
Taki hummed all the way to his house. Kakashi didn't mind her at all.

Neji and Shino are 5 years old. Taki is four. Will I put some kind of mini-love triangle in this story? I dunno.
Now the question is why is Neji playing at a park? In a sand box? Playing? I don't know. I just like Neji and Shino. Thanks for reading. Review for me, I'm addicted to them.