Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Parenting Skills ❯ Communication...Ducky ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Thanks to my helpful reviewers. I like making things exact. So a change from last chapter. Neji is 5 years old. Shino and Taki are 4 years old.

Chapter 4: Communication is important and so is that ducky
Kakashi opened the door and flipped the light switch. Nothing looked out of place, it looked brighter, less dusty, and Taki kicked off her shoes and ran inside. He looked in his room first, good; they didn't mess with his room. He then checked the extra room he had. This was new to him, it was all girly like and had pink and girl stuff all over the room, and he was scared.
He didn't want Taki to be too girly. Kakashi already decided to put her into the Ninja academy and he didn't want her to be too soft. Taki ran into the room and stopped dead in her tracks once she saw it. Her eyes were wide as saucers.
Besides the pink walls, there was a bed, closet, a drawer on each side of the bed. Desk, chest, and clothes were already installed in the drawers as well. Taki's room looks much better than Kakashi's.
She turned around, “Is this my room?”
“I guess so. Do you like it?”
“Yeah I guess so,” she said slowly and turned around again.
“Pink is ugly,” she said.
Well, least he didn't have to worry about her being soft.
“What color do you want the walls then?”
“Purple!” she shouted.
Good choice, he was going to make the Hokage do the room over. It wasn't his fault that not everyone likes pink. Uh hum couchsakuracough.
Taki searched the drawer on the left and then she rolled over the bed to look in the other drawer. She took out some clothes and stood up.
“Come on Uncle. We need a bath,” she tugged on his hand.
“You mean you need a bath,” he corrected her.
“Bbbbut I can't take a bath by myself!” her eyes went wide.
“You could learn,” Kakashi showed her the bathroom.
There was only one bathroom in the house. She started sniffling.
“But what if I drop the soap?”
“Then you pick it up,” he answered.
“I don't know where everything is.”
“You'll find everything you need somewhere in here.”
“Do you have a ducky?”
Does he have a ducky she says?
“Of course.”
You always need a ducky. They are good listeners.
“What if I slip and fall?”
“You stand up again.”
“What if there's a bakemono floating on the water?” (monster)
“Then you call me or you take care of it.”
“Who's going to scrub my back then?”
“Yourself.”
Now her eyes got watery. Darn her cuteness.
“Okay let me get my stuff,” he combed his hair.
“Yatta!” she jumped up and down and dropped her stuff. (Yay!)
Kakashi grabbed his things and closed the door behind him. He turned the water on and changed the temperature. In between those seconds, Taki already jumped out of her dress and was looking at the tub filling up.
“This can fit both of us,” she made it a statement.
“Yep.”
Taki stood there waiting. She turned to look at him, he already had a towel around his waist and was wrapping a towel around his face, and Taki slid to the corner. I know you're thinking dirty thoughts right now you perverts. Oh wait, I'm one too!
“Daddy could do that too. I should try that.”
Kakashi stopped the faucet.
“Sit on that stool. Don't you need to take off your eye patch?” he asked her.
She blinked, “Oh yeah,” she yanked it off and plopped down on the light blue low stool.
She threw it over her clothes. Her eye was closed too.
“Aren't you going to open your other eye?”
“Aren't you going to scrub my back?” she talked back.
Taki opened her other eye anyway. Being two colored is so cool. Her left eye was white and the right was orange. Okay that was weird; even weirder than Rikku's swirly eyes.
Nonetheless he still asked, “Something wrong with your eye?” he knew it wasn't pink eye that's for sure.
Taki rubbed her white-eye getting used to the light on that side, “Daddy said I was a psycho.”
Kakashi was already lathering up some soap in a small towel, “Hontou ni?” (really?)
She must be meaning psychic, “What makes you a psycho?” Kakashi crouched, took her arm and started soaping.
“I see colors in this eye,” she pointed to her white eye, “Dunno why everyone likes to stare at it. They must think I'm pretty cool,” she smirked and nodded.
“I scrubbed your back. You can do the rest,” Kakashi handed her the soapy towel.
“Daddy gave me my patch so I don't have to look at all the colors. There's a lot of blackbut ninjas have a different color.Daddy's was green. You're a blue and a green. It's easy with it on,” she soaped her front parts.
Taki found a bucket full of water next to her and dumped it on her self. She began to stand up but Kakashi pushed her back down and tilted her head back.
“It's time to wash your hair,” he said.
“Daddy's hair didn't look like your hair. His hair was all white,” Taki closed her eyes.
“And do you know what happened to him?”
“Yep. Said he was going to a place far away and said I had rebeltives in the sunny country to come and get me when he's gone.”
Kakashi stopped for a minute and kept on going. Don't know if she knows if he's dead or not, but he'll hang on and wait for the right time to tell her again anyway.
“When can I play with the ducky?” she asked.
………
Finished bathing Kakashi helped Taki get into her pajamas.
“Are you hungry?” Kakashi rubbed the towel all over her head.
“Nope.”
“Did you go to preschool Taki?”
“No. I'm going to kindergarten.”
Well too bad for her, she's going to preschool. The lightning country had a different school system than Konohas. He won't say that yet.
“Then it's time for bed.”
“Really?” she whined.
“Yup,” he finished drying her hair.
She brushed her teeth with Kakashi watching her.
……………………̷ 0;………..
Taki flipped the covers back and jumped in the bed. She looked at her uncle.
“Well…?” she was waiting for something.
“Hm?” he obviously has no clue.
“Tuck me in, Uncle,” she said.
“Oh right,” he pulled the covers all the way up to her chin.
She was still looking at him, “Now you read me a story.”
Eh? Should Kakashi read his Icha Icha book to her or Sweet Paradise? Choices choices.
He was taking too long thinking, “Tell me a story about ninjas. Daddy always tells a story about a ninja.”
She was really making him work for it, it meaning free time for himself; Kakashi took the chair from the desk and sat down.
“There was a…”
“A ninja?” she said.
“Right, a girl ninja and this kunoichi was looking for a-”
“What's her name?”
“Yumiko. She was looking for her evil nemesis-”
“She was going to kick her butt?” she likes to know every detail.
“Right, Yumiko was running through the woods when a kunai went flying to her face. She easily caught it and found her evil nemesis…his name was Gai.”
Taki laughed, “Gai sounds like guy and guy sounds like sigh.”
“He had thick eyebrows and an evil laugh. Once you look at his face you would be instantly transformed into an akuma.” (devil)
Taki was enraptured by the story already, “Did Yumiko turn into a devil?” she whispered.
“No, because she had special powers from turning into a devil. Gai shouted, `Yumiko! I have come to steal your power. Now give them to me or you'll suffer the consequences.' Yumiko merely laughed and said, `What did you say? Your wriggling eyebrows were distracting me.' Gai gasped out loud, `I hate your power. And that is why I must have it. You win this time but next time you won't.' And then Gai pulled out his giant turtle and ran off into the sunset. The end.”
`Man I'm good. I should write a book or something,' he thought.
Taki had her mouth hanging open, “Yumiko is so cool. What was her power?”
“Not listening to Gai and saying so to him. That's why he lost,” he explained.
“Cool. Oyasuminasai!” (Good night!)
Kakashi put the chair back in its place, “Oyasuminsai,” he closed the door behind him.

Hope you understood some of Taki's mixed words. She can't say relatives very well.
Thanks for reading.