Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Underneath It All ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Twenty-three

Title: Underneath It All

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

Summary: Iruka’s a little too curious about what’s underneath Kakashi’s mask. [KakaIru]

A/N: Yay! Number twenty-three! Nearly halfway there! Review! Ja ne!




It really bothered him, not being able to see Kakashi’s face. It bothered him so much that he dreamt about it. Sometimes the aloof Jounin had a weird, deformed face-big lips, HUGE teeth-and sometimes he had no face at all. It got to the point where Iruka had to resort to little tricks. None of them worked, obviously, since he still didn’t know what was underneath Kakashi’s mask.

Oh, but it got worse. Kakashi had started to act strange, much stranger than he already did. The silver haired man was, of all things, flirting with him. Not that it really bothered him-Kakashi was a very attractive man. But it was a sudden change in his demeanor and Iruka was a little wary.

But it gave him an idea. An idea so unlike himself, he was sure Kakashi would never expect that he had an ulterior motive.

XxX

“That’s the end of class for today. Don’t forget to practice your jutsu when you get home.” Iruka set his book down on the desk, and watched his students as they filed out of the classroom. He was extremely proud of his class this year; they were very talented for children so young.

As soon as the last student was gone, Iruka turned his back to the door, and straightened out the papers he had to correct. A few minutes later, a warm hand brushed the small of his back, and a rumbling baritone echoed in his ear.

“Iruka.” Kakashi smiled, taking a step back from the other man, fingers gently brushing against his hip. The academy teacher turned his head, trying to make it look like Kakashi’s fleeting touches didn’t affect him-they really did. “I was wondering if you would like to have dinner with me tonight.”

“You can actually cook?” Iruka asked before he could stop himself. Kakashi didn’t seem all too fazed-he was still smiling, actually. “Sorry, I didn’t mean-I’m sure you’re a great cook.” The Chuunin offered up an apologetic smile, and turned to face the other man fully. “Dinner tonight? But you sound so casual asking me out on a date.”

“You caught me. Yes, I was planning on this being a date.” Kakashi’s smile faltered a bit, as the other man gave him a long, calculating look.

“What do you plan on making?” Iruka asked, watching as those broad shoulders visibly relaxed. He really is an attractive man, he thought, forgetting that said attractive man was talking to him. Kakashi smirked knowingly as he waited for Iruka to come back. “Sorry,” the Chuunin blushed, “what were you saying?”

“I said we’re having a feast. As to the contents,” Kakashi lightly poked the tip of his nose, “that information can wait until tonight.”

“But-“

“I’ll see you tonight at seven, Iruka. Ja.” Kakashi disappeared in a puff of smoke, leaving Iruka to stare dumbly at his vacated spot.

“Hm. Confident, isn’t he?” The academy teacher smiled to himself as he went back to work.

XxX

God, he was nervous. Why was he so nervous? This was just a date with a fellow Jounin. Sure, he was abnormally attractive-with just his mask on-and his voice sounded so sexy. And there was no way he was actually thinking about this.

Get a hold of yourself; Iruka chided, pinching the inside of his elbow. The streets of Konoha were darkened, save for the street lamps. Iruka felt odd out of his vest, opting to wear a nice button up shirt and black dress pants. If this date goes well, then maybe I’ll get a chance to see his face. The Chuunin stopped in front of a large apartment complex, in which Kakashi lived, and took two flights of stairs to get to the man’s apartment. His apartment was towards the end of the hallway.

Iruka stopped in front of the door, then raised his hand and knocked. Not a few minutes later Kakashi answered the door, dressed in all black and looking absolutely magnificent. Iruka found that he couldn’t tear his eyes away.

Kakashi was dressed in a soft-looking black sweater, with a pair of jeans and his mask. His silver hair fell over his Sharingan eye without his hitai-ate in place.

“Iruka.” Kakashi said, stepping aside to let the other man in. The Chuunin smiled at him as he stepped inside the small apartment, eyeing the table laden with pots and plates. The Jounin was wearing an eye patch, covering the eyes that his hitai-ate usually did. “I hope you like teriyaki fried fish. I actually got the recipe from Sasuke. He’s a better cook than I’ll ever hope to be.”

“You know from experience?” Iruka said, as he towed off his sandals. Kakashi closed the door behind them and lead the other man into the kitchen. The whole apartment smelled like teriyaki fried fish, jasmine rice, and whatever dessert Kakashi had placed out on the table.

“Yes. He treated Team 7 to a home made meal when he and Naruto became Chuunin.” The silver haired man pulled out Iruka’s chair for him, then pushed it back in once he was seated. “I liked it so much that I had to ask.”

“Ah.” Iruka nodded, as he placed a napkin over his lap. Kakashi made his way to the other side of the table and sat down. Things were quiet as they put food on their plates. Iruka tasted the fish first. It was, well, delicious.

“Do you like it?” Kakashi asked, worried at the other man’s silence. Only a few minutes had passed since Iruka had taken a bite of the fish, and the silence was bothering him. “It’s not too dry, is it? I made sure to-“

“-It’s fine, Kakashi. It’s, uh, very delicious. Not dry at all.” Iruka took another bite of the fish just to prove he liked it, and blushed when the silver haired man smiled at him. He really is attractive. God, I wonder what he thinks of me. He was suddenly self-conscious as he tried some of the jasmine rice. Even that was delicious.

“So how’s Naruto doing? I haven’t seen him for weeks.” Kakashi ate slowly, trying to drink in the moment. He was surprised when Iruka had said yes to their date, because the Chuunin hadn’t shown any interest in him before this. Or he did and Kakashi just didn’t notice.

“I hardly see him anymore. He’s always off with Sakura or Sasuke.” At the mention of the Uchiha’s name, the silver haired man started to snicker behind his hand. “What?”

“It’s nothing. It’s just; Sasuke and Naruto have been so inseparable since he came back. Imagine how jealous Sakura must be.” The Jounin took a drink of his green tea, his eye still twinkling with amusement. Iruka didn’t see how that was funny, but it was probably something Kakashi had picked up on before him. “Don’t you see, Iruka? The two of them are something of an item.”

“You think?” Iruka blinked, thinking back to instances he may have missed. Sure, the two were close, but Iruka didn’t think they were that close.

“Who knows?” But you have to admit, it is kind’ve suspicious.” Kakashi winked as he took another drink of his green tea, then took a bite of his fish. Iruka had a lot to think about.

XxX

An hour later, Iruka found himself at his front door, with Kakashi standing calmly in front of him. It was darker now, and the only illumination was Iruka’s porch light.

“I had a great time.” Iruka said, smiling slightly at the other man. Kakashi nodded in agreement, and took an imperceptible step forward. “We should do it again sometime.” The Jounin took another step forward, his one visible eye staring straight into Iruka’s.

“Can I kiss you?” That baritone rumbled pleasantly in Iruka’s ears, and he nodded without having to think about it. Kakashi placed a hand on the Chuunin’s cheek, and pulled his mask down with the other.

Iruka traced the other man’s jaw as he leaned forward, and breathed in sharply when those mysterious lips closed over his own. They moved together slowly, just open mouthed kisses that made everything warmer.

“How about, for the next date, I cook for you?” Iruka smiled softly, as Kakashi pulled his mask back up, and took a step off the other man’s porch.

“I would like that.”

“Yeah.” Iruka leaned back against his door, and watched the other man walk away. “Good night, Kakashi.”

“Good night, Iruka.” The silver haired man waved over his shoulder, and the Chuunin felt the corners of his mouth quirk. Kakashi had disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Iruka let himself into the apartment, and leaned his back against the door once he had closed it. He touched his lips with the tips of his fingers and smiled widely.

He had been right; Kakashi was even more attractive with his mask off. And he was a phenomenal kisser.



~Owari~