Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Puzzle Called War ❯ Being Strong ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

`When I'm breaking down and I can't be found as I start to get weak…Cause no one knows me underneath these clothes…But I can fly.' -Alicia Keys Superwoman
Somehow, I ended up in a place I didn't want to be.
The place where I defeated Sasori was still the same as before. I could still see him struck with swords in his chest. But somehow, I felt like he was still alive. Like he was watching me with vengeful eyes.
“Fools die hard. But I shouldn't be talking….That goes for me too,” I whispered, still looking around. I spotted his black cloak with the red clouds on them. My hands tingled to pick it up strangely. I grabbed it and threw it in my bag. Maybe I could use it some day.
“I knew you'd be here,” A voice said, slightly familiar. I spun around surprised. Uchiha Itachi was standing very close behind me. Was this real?
“How are you…?” I trailed off. He held his hand up, stopping me. My mouth snapped shut with a snap. His hand went down.
“I am dead. This is an illusion I'm casting on you that I set long ago. Just listen to me okay?” Itachi said. I nodded, confused.
“I can't explain everything, but I'll ask you this- Please save my brother.” Itachi confessed, almost begging. “He is vengeful against Konoha for the plans they made with our family. He already knows the whole story, so he doesn't hold a grudge against me anymore. You must stop him-”
“I'm not hunting Sasuke to bring him back. I'm only hunting him to give him a piece of my mind.” I informed him calmly. I already knew the story too. Snooping around as a kid came in handy.
“Madara told him the whole story, knowing his reaction. He knew Sasuke would want revenge for what they've done. That's what Madara wants. You know about what he did those years ago with the nine-tailed beast. He plans to try to overthrow Konoha again. You have to convince him. He's being used like a pawn.” Itachi finished.
“A clean break…” I whispered. He nodded. “Sasuke won't regret destroying the village. He doesn't know the true intentions of that man. That's…clever.”
“Indeed. Sakura, I am begging. Please help him. I didn't want this to happen, or at least go this far. I didn't want Madara to get his hands on him. Please.” Itachi said in a strained voice. I hesitated…and then nodded helplessly.
“I swear I will…and with my own intentions in mind too. I'll beat him up and drag him back.” I warned. Itachi chuckled quietly, surprising me again.
“I wish you lived. It would have been easier on Sasuke. And it would have been fun to talk more with you.” I said quietly. He smiled weakly, and started fading.
“Do you promise to do so?” Itachi asked.
“If I don't, you won't rest in peace. I promise, Itachi. Rest well, and give me some luck too.” I answered. He rolled his eyes and disappeared.
“Over my dead body. Like hell I'm not going to kill him…” I muttered smirking. I snatched a kunai from my pouch and slit my arm. Ah, my comfort.
--Zakura POV--
“Why did you force me to take a stop at some old tea shop?” I asked, staring down at my tea and dumplings. Temari snorted.
“We have to take a break. It's almost noontime anyway. I'd like to be on full alert when we run through the desert. A sand storm could form!” Temari said. I knew why she was here. She was just lazy. I swear I'll kick Shikamaru for this.
“Whatever…” I muttered, looking at my surroundings. This place looked like a sand storm passed through it…literally. It had dust and sand piles everywhere. I wondered if Gaara attacked this place because he felt like it. But then I spotted familiar cloaks.
“The hell?? Did Gaara pass through here?” I asked pointing at the sand pile. Temari laughed. While she was distracted, I took a sneaky glance at the three people wearing cloaks. I recognized all four of them, especially the one with the chicken ass hairdo.
“No…I don't think so!” Temari said through hysterics. Honestly, it wasn't that funny. I got up from my seat.
“Bathroom.” I informed her. She nodded, still laughing. Okay, she definitely ordered saki. This could take all day. She'd never notice me leaving if I went to Konoha all by myself. Shit, she'd probably sleep here and not remember where she was.
I eyed the table full of familiar faces. I wondered how they would react. I rolled my eyes at the thought. Of course they'd be surprised. Then probably try to kill me for spotting them. The keyword in this lesson today is try, kiddies.
“What's up bastards?” I greeted them. I slid right next to Sasuke who glared at me with rage. I took one of his dumplings and started eating it. They stared at me with shock. Not Karin, though. She glared. Ha! That bitch is cray-ZEE!
“Zakura?” Sasuke said after a while. I whacked him on the head with the stick holding the dumpling.
“And you win the prize!” I congratulated him sarcastically. He scowled at me. Well, so much for the `killing'. Damn, I was looking forward to some action!
“You're still alive?!” Suigetsu asked in disbelief.
“Yes Captian Obvious! I wouldn't be here if I wasn't!” I rolled my eyes. He smirked and gave me a high five. Good times, good times…
“You know each other?” Sasuke asked. I nodded.
“I used to roll with Dracula for while. But that was only for information. Suigestu and I go way back.” I said. I grimaced when I said Dracula. It fit Orochimaru so perfectly.
“Hello Zakura,” Karin greeted me sourly. I grinned at her. We never liked each other, and sure as hell we never will. I just took joy in annoying her to death. Though death never happened, sadly.
“I'm only here to say hello, and pass on a message. I don't have to be psychic to know this one, Sasuke.” I said, mainly speaking to Sasuke, He knew what I meant. “The hunt begins. She's digging real deep by now. I know she'll find you. Positive. But are you ready to face reality?”
“Already living it.” Sasuke answered. I frowned at him. Liar.
“If you say so.” I said and got up quickly. I stole a glance back at the table, but Sasuke didn't look back. He knew what I said was correct, but he defied it. Fool.
“Fools die hard!” I called to him. It surprised me. It felt like déjà vu…except it wasn't me who said it. Did that even make sense? Maybe I slipped some saki in by accident. “Weird…”
--Naruto POV--
I was watching the sun set again on the roof, my music box playing. Everything seemed to go by fast now. I hope I don't go gray tomorrow…
“Better call it a day,” I sighed as the sun disappeared in the horizon. I shut the music box closed and jumped down to my door. It made me think about what Hinata had said. Maybe she was right, but how could I let go?
She'd been my obsession since I first laid eyes on her, but her obsession was Sasuke. Sakura never noticed me, or at least she never bothered to try me. It was all about Sasuke, the guy who told her to die. How does that make you love someone even more? They just told you to die and you're going to run after them to love them.
“That doesn't make any sense…” I muttered. I thought about sleeping, but it felt too early. Maybe training would clear my mind a little more. Or at least keep me distracted for a while. Yea, training would help.
I skimmed treetops and roofs to get to the forest. It was empty and I didn't sense anyone around. I hope no one would come looking for me. Who would? No one wants to see me anyway. “Control is the key,” I whispered. This was pretty dangerous to do all by myself. If I tried to control some of the fox's power, I would get out of control. No one would be safe, and neither would I.
I ripped off my shirt and threw it in some random direction. I gathered chakra into one point, feeling how powerful it was. Anger flowed through me as I remembered all the bad things Sakura put me through. One tail. I growled, making it sound like a real animal. Two tails. I fell onto all fours, and more memories channeled into my brain making me feel enraged.
Three tails. I used the opportunity to rip through trees and claw at the ground. I ran all over, throwing boulders at trees to make the shake like crazy. I damaged the grass, only leaving dirt streaks everywhere. The wind picked up even fiercer and made a howling sound. I howled too. Everything felt like a rush, like I was being flung through the air. It felt good, powerful.
I gathered chakra into my hand in seconds and formed my favorite move. It was out of control and spinning crazy. I made sure it was wild enough for my taste. Using the fox's chakra made things so simple now. I sped at crazy speeds to a wide tree.
“RASENGAN!” I screamed, letting all my ferocity into it. It collided with the tree, and pulled it straight out of the ground with the roots. The tree flew into another and left a gaping whole in the ground. But I wasn't finished yet. I was just getting started!
I felt like an animal. Maybe I can stay like this forever and give into nature. That way I could forget about everything and just free like everything that surrounds me. My laugh sounded like a wild hyena. I liked it. Four tails.
I didn't feel myself burning like last time this happened. I just felt even more powerful, and a cool breeze. I could hear everything, and see things from a long distance. Even smells became more distinct. It seemed to clear now, like this was where I belonged. I roared like a true animal.
Yes, yes, yes! I can forget…and live…
 
I don't know how long it's been. Time doesn't matter to me now. Maybe it's been days…I've watched the sun go up and down many times. Everything seemed slow, but that didn't matter. Maybe I was made to be an animal after all.
“Naruto!” I heard someone call. It took a me a while to realize that was my name. I slashed one of my tails on the ground, making it shake and the wind blow like whips. I just wanted them to go away.
`Leave me alone', I wanted to yell. It all came out in growls. That didn't matter. It sounded warning enough for me at least. In the distance, I heard footsteps come to my direction anyway.
“Naruto…” Someone whispered both shocked and relieved. I turned my head and saw Hinata standing there. Why was she here? Didn't I say to leave me alone?! I told everyone to leave me alone just now. Why couldn't they listen?!
“Naruto you idiot!” Kakashi scolded, appearing behind her. I hissed at them. More people started appeared. It angered me.
“Why are you here?! Leave me alone! Go away! Disappear!” I screamed at them, but only loud roaring came out. They all took a step back. Good. Now all they needed to go away…
“Naruto, you are in heaps of trouble I swear!” Jiraiya yelled. I huffed. Yea right. What could he do?
“Hey, over here!” Kakashi said. His eye was narrowed at me. I snarled at him. Don't look at me that way. You don't know me! I heard running behind me. I turned too late to see Jiraiya put a seal paper on my forehead.
I growled in rage as I felt the chakra slowly leave me. I suddenly felt tired from all the chakra I used up all this time. My body swayed to the side, and was out before I hit the floor.
Voices were calling me, or at least they were saying things I couldn't understand. I knew I was on somebody's lap because the ground wasn't this soft. My eyes fluttered open. Pale lavender eyes stared into mine.
“Naruto!” Hinata said, relief coloring her features. “It's okay now. It's okay! You're okay now, I promise. We're here.”
I…I was okay? How was I okay?! How did turning back to normal make me okay? I was fine before everyone had to barge in and start yelling crap at me. Since when does that signal I'm okay!?
“What?” I asked, shock completely taking over. How was this happening? Why was everyone here to bother me? It would only make me feel worse in the end. She was gone, and that was it. Was I expected to give up like that?!
“Naruto?” Hinata said my name. Her eyes confirmed it. They would force me to accept it, no matter how I denied it. They'd make me swallow it down like a pill and forget about it quickly. I didn't want to stop. I wanted to continue the chase and hope for the best. It was the only thing that kept me going. Is this what Sakura feels like? Maybe I should…
“What's wrong?” Hinata asked. Oh, so I my head was on her lap then. Her face was all worried about me. I felt my eyes sting so I scrunched my face up. Her eyebrows furrowed in worry.
Hinata,” I said, my voice cracking. Her eyes widened. I threw my arms around her waist and yanked myself onto her. She gasped as I put my head against her chest. I shuddered first, and then let the sobs take over. I tried to stop them, but it only made me shake and feel them even stronger.
I was crying my heart out in front of everyone. Hinata wrapped her arms around me and held me closer. Even though it seemed stupid, I felt…good. Almost like everything that bothered me was going away. Maybe I wouldn't forget, but I'd feel better.
Maybe.
--Sakura POV--
I looked around, thinking someone said my name. It felt as if something important to me was ripped away. As if that hasn't happened already…
It almost hurt a little. I felt a hole rip at my heart. Why did I feel like something was just severed from me? I kept checking anyway, just in case. No one was around.
“Hmmm…that was strange,” I mused to myself. Oh well. I'll figure it out later.
---
 
THANK YOU FOR READING AND PLEASE REVIEW!
 
-SmilezPeepz I outtie!