Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Puzzle Called War ❯ Bold Advance ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

WOW. I took forever and day to update. Okay, it's official. I am lazy. -Sighs- This is so annoying. Now I'm doing badly in Literature AND Algebra! In Lit we're reading the Odyssey and trust me, that's a book I CANNOT sit through. Anyway, this chapter basically surrounds Sakura and Naruto. And then…I think the next chapter… I don't know. We'll have to see how I end this chapter. Hah! R&R
 
`Do you see what we've done? We've gone and made such fools…of ourselves. Do you see what we've done? We've gone and made such fools…of ourselves… How did we get here? I used to know you so well! How did we get here? Well, I used to know you so well! I think I know. I think I know! There is something I see in you. It might kill me. I want it to be true…' Paramore [Decode]
 
“No way… Are you serious? No!” I cried. He just lay there in the snow, lifeless. His eyes barely had any light in them, fading in and out of focus.
 
“Sorry,” He choked out. Tears streamed out of my eyes.
 
“Stop apologizing, you moron.” I snapped. Why was he apologizing now, of all times? He didn't do anything at all. This was all me…again.
 
“Sakura, there's no time. Get out of here…” He whispered. I heard Naruto choke a sob beside me.
 
“Stop crying, Naruto. We're gonna get out of here, and he's gonna be just fine.” I assured him. Naruto kept whimpering anyway, trying to wipe tears with the back of his hands.
 
“No. Leave me here. No time…just…go…” He trailed off, choking. He coughed, blood splattering on my face. “I'm a dead man, Sakura. Go!”
 
“No, no! Don't talk like that you idiot! You're not dead yet, so just shut up!” I yelled. He gave me a weak glare, then turned his eyes to Naruto.
 
“Naruto, please,” He whispered. Naruto looked at him with red-rimmed eyes, and sniffled. With a quick nod, Naruto stood up.
 
“Sakura, we have to go. He's right,” Naruto said, his voice cracking. I turned to him and glared fiercely.
 
“WHAT?! Are you saying we should just leave him here? No way! Never!” I shouted. Naruto grabbed my by the collar of my jacket and pulled he into his face.
 
“This is war, Sakura. People die all the time- you know that! We can't be here, trying to save fallen people. We're supposed to lead the others and protect the village! I don't want to leave him either, but we have to! Everyone else can't die just for one person! ” Naruto shouted back. I flinched and tried to pry his fingers away.
 
“I don't care! I'd rather die with him then leave without him!” I protested.
 
“Sakura, I don't want you to stay with me. Fight, and live. Stop being stubborn and go!” He seethed. I turned back to the man on the ground.
 
“How can you say that? I'm trying to save you!” I cried, hurt. His expression softened.
 
“I want you to go,” He said. His eyes turned to Naruto. “Naruto.”
 
Arms enveloped around my waist and dragged me away. I fought against Naruto's arms in an attempt to escape. Naruto hoisted me against his chest, struggling to keep me still. He dug his face into the nape of my neck.
 
“I know, I know. I'm sorry, Sakura,” Naruto whispered. I shrieked and reached out a hand to the fleeting form of the man dying in the red snow.
 
“SASUKE!!!” I screamed.
 
“Shit!” I hissed, flying right off my bed. “Stupid dreams!”
 
It was the same dream every night, but with different parts. The ending was always the same, though. Sasuke always ended up dying, and we always had to leave him right before he died. I wiped the sweat from my brow, groaning in annoyance. I stumbled to the bathroom and stared into the full body mirror.
 
“What the…?” I whispered. It wasn't me in that mirror. There was some girl with short black hair. Her left eye was green, the other red. I blinked, and there stood me. I knew I just imagined that, but something about that girl seemed…familiar.
 
I poked my cheek; just making sure that girl wouldn't appear again. Maybe I was going crazy just like everyone thought I was. People were gossiping in the village again. They were saying things like That girl that escaped from the asylum is back to wreak havoc and Lady Tsunade should recommend a psychiatrist… I never thought of the village people as gossipers, but this was ridiculous.
 
I snorted at all the things they said. A psychiatrist wouldn't work. I went to one as a kid, and didn't say anything at all. Didn't plan on saying anything now, too. I'll admit it; I know I'm sick in the head. And everyone is right about me escaping the asylum. The walls that held my brain together broke, revealing an entirely different me. I could only think of one person who broke the dam protecting my inner being. He wouldn't be mention; the cells in my brain refused to register the name.
 
“I guess…I have changed,” I said. My hair was obviously different, and I didn't even dye it. I could see that my green eyes lost their emerald touch, more like a ghost of emerald now. I'd lost my luster in life, and could only manage fake enthusiasm and smiles; just using them to make everyone feel better. I was deteriorating.
 
I saw myself withering in the mirror. I imagined myself in the mirror as a Sakura tree, all regular and normal in the spring. Then winter hit, and the tree became desolate and cold. No- I became desolate and cold. I leaned closer to the mirror, staring into my reflection. At first, I felt doubt. I was practically lifeless. Did I really look like that on the outside, even now? Was that really me?
 
I promised myself I wouldn't end up this way. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever. So, I guess that's not the only thing I've screwed up so far. If I didn't know any better, I'd suspect a zombie was standing there instead of me. But who was that other girl in the mirror? She was so…familiar, but I know for sure I've never met her. I've never seen such strange eyes before.
 
Of course she's familiar. But I can't tell you who she is,” An exact copy of my voice said. I glanced around, fully understanding what going crazy felt like. “Over here, stupid.
 
I swirled around and looked back at the mirror. My reflection had her arms crossed, staring at me pitifully. “…Was that…you?”
 
Well, technically, I'm you. But yea, it was me.” She shrugged. I blinked twice, trying to clear my head.
 
“I am going crazy,” I whispered in shock. She snorted and scratched her head.
 
Look, I'm just your conscious here, kay? You're not crazy…sort of. But anyway, that's not the point,” She said. I watched myself in the mirror sigh for a long time before speaking. “I'm here to sort out your problems.”
 
“It's already solved. I'm crazy and need to go to the crazy house. Yay,” I said in a flat voice. My reflection cracked up with laughter. Did she find that funny? I didn't.
 
Those dreams you're having, you could call them premonitions. I can't say whether it'll happen or not, but it's possible. Your mind is preparing you for it,” She said, serious.
 
“He's really gonna die, isn't he? Why? What's going to happen?” I demanded. She sighed again, and shook her head. She knew, she wouldn't tell me is all. I grabbed the mirror and stared into my eyes.
 
I can't tell you, Sakura. I'm only here to help, not tell the future. But listen; if you're having the dreams so much, I think it's kind of inevitable. He might really die,” She whispered. “I know…you have a hard time accepting these things. After all, I am a part of you. Sakura, you have to wake up and face reality!
 
“What are you talking about? I'm living in reality! What fantasy world are you living in?” I shouted. She glared at me.
 
I'm living in your stupid fantasy world, I'm you! I'm your conscious, Sakura! You're friggin hallucinating right now, I'm not really here! This whole time you've been living in this fake world, thinking everything revolves around you. Well guess what- reality check, it doesn't! Take a good look at yourself. Who is that, huh? Where'd the real Sakura go?” She shouted back.
 
“Shut up,” I hissed.
 
No, I will not shut up! I'm tired- no; we're tired of living in this fantasy all this time. Let the past go Sakura. You can't get it back.” She said.
 
“No, no! I have to fix things!” I screamed, pulling against my hair. “This isn't fair! This isn't fair at all!”
 
Hello? When life throws rocks at you, chuck `em back! Whatever, I'm not doing any good here. I'm gone,” She spat. I stared up at her in shock.
 
“And where are you gonna go?!” I demanded.
 
Back to your shitty fantasy land until someone shoves reality up your ass!” She growled. I stepped back, and the reflection did the same. I moved my arm, so did the mirror. She was seriously gone. This whole time, I was practically yelling at myself in the mirror. I stared a moment longer, rubbing my chin in thought.
 
Rocks, eh?
 
 
“Okay, I'll admit that's really weird,” Tsunade mumbled. She scrunched up her face. “Are you sure that's not some kind of sign? Maybe you should just accept it.”
 
“What is with you people and acceptance?! I can't accept people dying, especially not him! I'm trying to fix my brain here and you're telling me to tough it out!” I yelled.
 
“If it's your brain you're trying to fix, I think that's a given…” Tsunade hissed under her breath. I heard it, but ignored. “Anyway, what else do you want me to say? I'm not going to sugar coat it for you, Sakura. You know me by now.”
 
“Ugh!” I groaned. “You're no help whatsoever!”
 
“Sakura, what else is there? Did you want me to say `It's going to be alright'? Because I know for a fact it's not. We're in the middle of anticipating war, so I won't lay it down sweetly for you. People are going to die on that day, and you know it. Why you care so much, I'll never know. When you left the village to go find him you went on a killing rampage!” Tsunade said.
 
“Back then was different!” I argued.
 
“Well back then wasn't so long ago, now was it?” She countered. I growled under my breath and rubbed my temples. “It's obvious you won't listen to any reason. You can leave.”
 
I screwed my mouth intro a frown and walked out of the building. It seemed like everyone didn't know who I was anymore. My on conscious didn't know me, either. It was like they knew exactly how I felt, but they tried to see past my feelings. I knew I wasn't making any sense to the world, let alone myself. All my decisions, all my thoughts…he always surrounded them. I blamed him for my faults, for my mistakes. But in reality, I was destroying myself the whole time. I made myself this way.
 
Oi. Sakura!” Someone called. I turned my head in time to dodge the idiot that came to hug me.
 
“What do you want, Ichigo?” I drawled, crossing my arms. He straightened up and looked up at me with puppy eyes.
 
“Aw, why do you always have to be like that?” Ichigo whimpered. I almost fell for his puckered lip. “I just heard you came back and you treat me like dirt…”
 
“Well, what's up Ichigo?” I asked. He grinned his cocky smile and picked up pace with me.
 
“Nothing, really. It was boring without you around here. This village is boring, I swear. Without the rest of my bandits, it's like I'm living in slow motion,” Ichigo complained. I snorted.
 
“Just be glad I didn't turn you in. Tsunade doesn't recognize you in person, let alone your name. I'd rather take boring then jail.” I said. He chuckled like a hyena and punched me lightly on the shoulder.
 
“So I heard you made some new plan with Naruto that kicks ass. Plan on filling me in?” Ichigo asked. Just when I was about to answer, a high-pitched squeal cut me off.
 
KYAA~! Ichigo!
 
I spun on my heels to see Ino running at thousands of miles per hour towards us. She leaped on Ichigo, causing him to crash onto the ground. I shuddered for Ichigo, feeling bad that he had a new fangirl. The blonde gave him a disgustingly gooey smile and helped him to his feet. She stayed latched onto his arm.
 
“Hello Sakura,” Ino said with false cheer. I could see that it signaled me to get the hell away, but I kept my ground. I was here first, after all.
 
“Anyway, I'll fill you in later. We're having a meeting later anyway. Everyone's gonna be there.” I continued. Ino scowled at me, but I ignored her.
 
“Um, Ino, I'm losing circulation here…” Ichigo murmured, his cheeks turning a pink tint. My mouth twisted into a grin as realization came. I stepped back.
 
“I'll uh, leave you two alone. See ya later Ino!” I waved, giving her sneaky wink. I saw her flash me a knowing grin, then looked up at Ichigo.
 
“How would you like to try the new bean soup at the shop in town?” Ino asked boldly. I snorted before turning away when I heard Ichigo stutter for an answer.
 
“Yea, bean soup. Sure.” He said. I coughed to stifle the laughs that tried to escape.
 
“And maybe later you can meet my parents,” Ino probed. I started hacking to hide my hysterical laughter and stumbled down the street. Ino sure was bold!
… Zakura POV (they're still in Konoha)
 
“What is it that you really wanted, Zakura?” Naruto asked, seeing through my façade. I sighed for along time and pulled on a few strands of my hair.
 
“Look Naruto, I have something really important to tell you, and I mean really important. Actually, it might be kind of shocking…or you might just get pissed off. But either way, I still have to tell you.” I said, meeting his eyes.
 
“Which is…?” He trailed off, waiting for me to continue. I sighed again clenched my fist on my lap.
 
“Listen before you react, okay?” I asked. He nodded eagerly. “Well, Yondaime…the Fourth that sealed Kyuubi in you, he's your…father.”
 
I cringed into the couch as I waited for his reaction. His eyes were wide with shock, but it was like he wasn't seeing anything. Did he even believe me? Naruto stood from his chair and gave me a slightly insane grin on his face. His eyes were half crazed…
 
“What? Did you say…my father? Yondaime? Like, the Fourth Hokage Yondaime? My father?” He whispered.
 
“Yea, you heard me right. I'm not lying, Naruto. You have to believe me! I know it's really shocking, and this probably isn't the best time to say considering the war. But…if I die somehow, or you do, I couldn't face not telling you. You deserve to know.” I said.
 
“How do you know? You're only fifteen. He died before then, you liar!” Naruto shouted. I punched the table separating us and leaned forward.
 
“I know it doesn't make any sense, dammit! But I told you three years go about my situation! I stopped aging because of a demon I met, so I stayed fifteen for all these years! I just started aging again. You know that!” I shouted back.
 
“Then how did you know Yondaime?” Naruto demanded. I leaned back and crossed my arms.
 
“That's the second part. You need to chill out and listen because this gets even worse.” I said. He huffed and fell back onto the chair.
 
“Well?” He prompted.
 
“Your mom's name was Kushina. She died in the hospital after giving birth to you. I saw it myself. She was already injured anyway. I remember her blue eyes, like yours.” I started.
 
“How do you know her so well?” Naruto cut in. I glared across at him.
 
“We were close, that's all. Will you let me finish?” I sighed. He nodded mutely. “You got your name from Jiraiya. I can't say how he came up with that, but Kushina liked it. Kushina was a tomboy, with the crazy hair. She used shadow clones like you do, too.”
 
“What'd she look like?” Naruto whispered in awe. I smiled lightly.
 
“She was really pretty. Had long, fiery hair that could've swept the floor if she didn't tie it. Her eyes were an icy blue, just a shade lighter than yours. I can see her in your smile, though you get your grin from your dad. Your personalities are the same, heart like a warrior.” I grinned.
 
“Okay, go on,” Naruto said.
 
“Yondaime took you from the hospital, and sealed Kyuubi into you. He didn't want the village to think of you as a monster, but as a hero that saved them all. Don't get me wrong; he loved you so much. He wanted you to be great.” I explained.
 
“There's something you're not telling me, isn't there?” Naruto asked. “There's more to the story you won't say.”
 
“Yes. Everyone has kept this from you, but I won't. Like I said, you deserve to know.” I said fiercely. “Naruto, you still have a relative left.”
 
What? Are you serious?” He hissed. I nodded quickly.
 
“Kushina…had a sister. Her name was Onya, your aunt.” I whispered. He gasped in shock.
 
“Wait…Her name was Onya? What's with the past tense?” Naruto demanded.
 
“She's not dead, if that's what you're thinking. She's still alive, in the village as we speak. It's just that, she goes by a different name now.” I explained. Naruto leaned forward in anticipation.
 
“Why doesn't she come find me?” He asked in agony. I clutched my shirt where my heart was, feeling terrible for him. He was right.
 
“At first, she hated you. She always thought it was your fault she died, so she decided to stay away from you. What a fool,” I growled. “But, she finally realized how stupid she was and came back to village after a few years. Onya never summed up the courage to come see you. She's afraid you'll be angry with her.”
 
“I'm not angry with her. I just want to see her that's all. If there's someone else left in my family, I want to be with them. She had her reasons to be mad with me, so I understand.” Naruto smiled weakly. “Zakura, do you think I'll be able to meet her someday?”
 
I wasn't listening very well. It was like I was in a tunnel on one side, and he was on the other. Was Onya ready to see him? Was Naruto ready to her? Could I bear his face if she couldn't? I stared back at Naruto with frightened eyes. I wouldn't want him hurting, especially since he's been alone so much because of her. Because of… No.
 
“Naruto,” I said, my voice sounding thick and hollow. He blinked and stared at me because of my new expression. It was mixed between horror and being scared stiff.
 
“W-What?” He stuttered, confused at my sudden change in mood.
 
“Naruto, my name isn't really Zakura. That's just what people call me. They said I went to hell and managed to crawl back out. Zakura is not really who I am. It's just a name, really.” I whispered.
 
“Okay…but what's this have to do with anything?” Naruto asked. I stared at him, my eyes deciding to look half crazed now.
 
“I thought you would've noticed by now. How do I know Kushina so well? How do I know Yondaime so well? How do I know who they are?”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
 
“Naruto… My name is Onya.”
 
 
 
 
 
CLIFFY XD!!!! Yea, that was a turn of events. I had this planned out even before I thought about writing this thing! Zakura is Naruto's friggin auntie! YEA BOIII!! Anyway, I think this chapter was sort of epic. Next chapter, I might either start the war or have one more wrap up on this situation. Maybe I might just let it hang for a while…XD! HA! Evil author is back! She crawled out from Davy Jones' locker…. AGAIN!
 
-Satans_Spawnishly_Daughter-: AWWW!!! That was a friggin good story too! Anyway, `Kid Vampire' is good; I read it. When are you gonna update on You're SELLING me?!?!?
 
LusterBlossom: I took you review into perspective and it helped me write Sakura's dream, and the first half of this chapter! YAY YOU!! Will they get over their issues? Who knows? I do! XD But seriously, will he die? Find out lmfao
 
AnimePrincessInuLover: Yes, Yes… -does the yes dance- GAH! I want more reviewers dammit! Where IS everybody nowadays?! And yea, Sasuke did ask her to have his kid. He's that desperate, I know. But yelling is good, yea…
 
Can more people friggin review??? Aw c'mon, I'm writing this thing and like, only three people review. If you're reading this thing, FUCKING REVIEW GOSH! I like feedback from my readers, don't be shy! It lets me know if I'm doing good or bad… Please review!