Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Reflection ❯ The prolonged return ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Reflection
 
 
Chapter 3: The prolonged return
 
 
DISCLAIMERS: I do not own anything related to the anime or manga “Naruto”, other than my self created ones.
 
 
 
She squinted her eyes, puzzled at the blurred figure sitting at her doorstep, dozing off. Her eyes widened slightly as she stepped closer. “Tsailyn-chan! What are you doing here?” she cried out, giving a nudge to wake her up. She pulled her in as Tsailyn threw herself flat on the couch, briefly muttering her early return; which Mynri couldn't even make out the words. Mynri sighed to herself, as she pulled a layer of quit over her friend.
 
 
The smell of breakfast lingered and triggered her sensitive nose. She was awakened by the aroma of the sunny side up. She was always fond of sunny side ups, especially those prepared by her mother. She liked the taste of scrambled eggs, sprinkled with a little grounded pepper. The sausage sliced in between, and fried, which made the crispiness obvious and mouth-watering. And at the side, followed by two slices of toasted bread. A simple and nice breakfast. Yummy!
 
She dragged herself off the couch as she pursued the trail of the aroma. It was Mynri. She hardly ever cooked; it had always been her nanny who took care of this stuff. But since she's not here, she had to cover her duties. “Hey, Mynri, where are you going?” Tsailyn mumbled, still chewing on the sausage. “I'm off to work. Just make yourself at home!” she hollered, as she slipped into her shoes, Tsailyn nodding. “Lock the door!” she reminded, just like her nanny had always did. Tsailyn ignored her and continued on her breakfast. She didn't like being bothered in between. To her, breakfast is very important, it is the source of energy for the rest of the day, and besides, she's still half awake only.
 
“Ding-dong!” rang the bell. “Oh, did you forget your keys or something?” she shouted, slightly irritated to be disturbed. She opened the door, amazed to see who stood there. With a hand still supporting a fork in her mouth, she stared sleepily, hinting a `who-are-you' stare. She stood there quite uncouthly, considering that she's a girl. Her hair still unkempt. Their eyes met briefly, as she frowned slightly. Tsailyn was waiting for the unknown stranger to introduce himself, or at least talk, and not stare blankly at her. She munched on her sausage still in her mouth, annoyed. Sleepily, she yawned, as he finally spoke. “Konichiwa, is Raku-san in?” Tsailyn frowned slightly, before going back to her yawning. “No such person here!” she shot bluntly, as she slammed the door.
 
Dejected, Hatake stood on the steps, confirming that he had gotten the correct house. However, he didn't want to incur that woman's wrath, so he decided to head for the bookstore instead. “Ohayo Kakashi-san!” a voice cried out from behind as the jounin was busy scanning the lines of the book, with one hand in his pocket. Turning back, he greeted the Chuunin.
 
 
“I have to leave right now. He'll be here in a moment. Bye.” He attended to her, waving his hand as he shut the door. “Grrr. Then I'll be left all alone. Geez, so lonely. Ahh! Books, books, books! I'm going bonkers soon!” she grumbled, as she scuffed her hair, frustrated.
 
Loud footsteps were heard, thumbing her way. “Sorry I'm late!” a voice hollered out, as the door was opened roughly. There stood a guy; he was decked in his black tee and khakis pants. His black hair stood disheveled, apparent that he had rushed his way here. He panted heavily, as Mynri's eye widened slightly, delighted at the thought of having an extra hand, and company as well. The beams of light rays shone through his black hair, as he looked quite surprised at what he had seen. Judging from his voice, he couldn't have been any older than Mynri.
 
She blinked her eyes, eyelid fluttering. “Erm, I…you..,” she stumbled, as she let out a slight chuckle in embarrassment. She wasn't an expert in such fields; she didn't know how to communicate.
 
(Few minutes later)
 
“Oh, Ranto-san, let me help you with this..,” he offered, lifting the heavy box to the storeroom. “Hey, erm…you can call me by my name, Kyona-san,” she said, flashing a smile. Hah, such a great help! Yay!
 
“That would be 50 ryou,” she said, as she collected the money with a smile. The store was sorted out finally, considering the hectic days of hard work. There stood columns and columns of shelves, with neatly packed rows of books. It was ultimately done.
 
Knock off time was drawing near as Kyona was no where to be seen. “Skiving aren't you?” she caught him. He leaned against the davenport, reading the book attentively. “Ma…No, just rather curious about these stuff,” he said, beaming a glow as he raised the book to her. “Oh, so you like these ninja stuff…?” “Hah. Quite interested actually, but I guess it's too late for me already.” “Huh…? Why?” she asked. “I didn't have the opportunity to learn these stuff. My family was poor and I had to help out. And they were wiped out in a recent fire…” he broke down, tears welling up.
 
Indignantly, she bent down and landed a comforting pat on his shoulder, refraining him to go on. “I know some of this stuff, want me to teach you, ne?” she winced her eye, trying to have a change of environment. This made her to reflect upon herself, she felt as though she did not treasure her fortune, she took them for granted.
 
Strange as it seems, although they had only known each other few hours ago, it seemed as if they knew each other for a very long time, and they had endless topics to talk about.
 
“Do you want me to walk you home?” he winked.
 
“Poof!” the white smoke that appeared in between them was now the center of their attraction. “No, thank you. I'm walking her home.” The voice broke through, as the hand reached for her nimble wrist. “Oh, so it seems like I'm not quite needed..,” he paused, as he got shot down by the glances of Hatake. “Kakashi-san,” he ended, as she smiled apologetically at him, as he made his way. “What's the meaning of that?! How come he knows you? Why are you here? And let go off me!” she cried out, trying to break free from the forceful grip. “Bah…slow down…How can I answer so many questions at a go?” “You can, because you are Hatake Kakashi; the dumb act-cooler scare-crow” she retorted, a finger poking into his green vest. “Ma…ma…I admit I'm Hatake Kakashi the great, but I'm not what so-called dumb act-cooler scare-crow,” he rebutted, as the grip faded.
 
“Pft.” She cried out, displeased. “You haven't answered any of my questions yet, act-cooler.” He ignored her, as he started stride. “Hey, where are you going?” she questioned, keeping her pace. He did not answer any of his questions, but only kept quiet. Her hand reached out in front of his chest. He finally stopped. “Stop!” she insisted. “What was the meaning of that?” she said, half-panting. “Hmm…Nothing, just don't wish him to get close to you.” He finally spoke. “Now you ruined my date, how are you going to compensate me?” she joked, as Hatake let out a disbelief chuckle. “Hey, I was helping you. What do you think he would do if he knew you were such a girl?” “Pft. Am I that bad?” she doubted, pouting. “Not really…I believe that he'd probably run away if he knew you were such a girl.” “NANI?! What kind of girl?!”
 
He cringed his eye, indicating that he was smirking under his mask. “Grr…I don't care. You better made my evening a nice one,” she demanded. “Heh.” He grabbed his hand and he did some hand seals and poof! They were in front of the fountain. “Why did you bring me here?” she muttered. “Come with me,” finished, he held onto her wrist and pulled her in. The fountain wasn't in function yet. The water level reached their knees. “Hey, you haven't answered my second question yet.” She said. “Hey!” she called out, irritated at him ignoring her question.
 
Splash! His vest was slightly wet, as the water only on up to his chest. “What's the meaning of that?” he questioned, dashing water back at her. “Nothing..Ahh…!” They went on splashing water at each other like kids, as he chased after her in circles.
 
She panted, tired. They had been running rounds chasing each other. She shook her hand behind, signaling him that she can't go on. “Ma…your stamina isn't that good after all,” he commented, as she kicked some water to his face. “Bah, what's that for!” he complained, as his spiky light silver hair drooped down his face; which somehow, looked cool.
 
(A while later)
 
They sat down, leaning against each others' back. “I heard that if you throw a coin into this fountain and make a wish, it would come true,” she said. “Heh. And you believed it?” he uttered, in doubt. “Oh then, why don't you try it?” she said, tilting her head to Hatake. “Do you have a coin?” he shook his head, “Wait.” He then stood up, then plunged his hands into the waters and grabbed two handfuls of coins. “Here,” he offered her. She raised an eyebrow as she smirked. Delightedly, she reached out for it and they both stood side by side.
 
They both then closed their eyes, Hatake peeping at her, as she smiled gleefully to herself. The sounds of coins dropping were apparent. “Hey, what are you two people doing here?” a voice cut in abruptly. “Geez, now what?” she groaned at the sight of the security guard, with a baton tapping his hand. “Let's run,” finished, he grabbed her hand, and took a run. “Hey, where are you going?!” he chased. “You two are not going anywhere when you've made a mess in the fountain!” They ran and ran and ran. But it was fun though.
 
Hatake's grip was firm yet gentle, it made her feel very secure and at ease, it's as if being with him, all worries would be erased. The gap in between them and the security guard was widened as they took a turn. They ran down the slope, panting heavily, well, at least Mynri was. She stooped down, hand resting on the wall, shaking her head. “I don't -pant- think they're -pant- after us -pant- already.” This time, Hatake was also panting slightly. They really ran a big round, just like a walkathon, except this was a runathon. She stole a glimpse of their hands, fingers interlocked. She felt a sensation of warmth tingling in her; she didn't feel like letting go, but she didn't know what Hatake felt of her.
 
He smirked, regaining his breath. Hurriedly, she broke free from his hand. “I…err..,” she stumbled, as she stared at the fence. “Oh shit! I forgot!” “Huh…? What?” he asked, as he caught up with her pace. “The fence! I forgot to paint it!” she whined, as she slapped her forehead. She was worried that she couldn't complete it before her nanny returns, which is one and a half day later.
 
With a flash, she left hurriedly, and leaving Hatake alone to brood. He still can't let down his past, but only to drown himself in sorrow. “The usual for you?” the bartender enquired. He nodded, as he positioned himself in a corner, so as to not let anyone get a glimpse of his face.
 
Then a pat rested on his shoulder. “Why…? Can't defeat me so you have to drown your sorrows here?” It was Gai; who treated Hatake as his ultimate rival. He slowly sat down on the chair, as he ordered his usual. “Rock, scissors, paper!” Gai shouted, half-drunk from the sake. But Hatake always won, well, most of the time, and the poor Gai has to drink. Seeing Gai dead drunk, Hatake crawled back to his shell, and evoked their first meeting.
 
(Flashback)
This was the exact place where he met her. It was a crowded evening, for it was happy hours night and everyone wants to get the special discounted price of drinks. They two were then shelved to the same table. She, Hyebie, was just then drowning her sorrows, while, Hatake and Gai were situated to the same table.
 
Gai, being the ultimate rival, wanted to show the girl from their table a sloppy sight of the reputable Hatake. And they played the `rock scissors paper' game again, they were never bored of it. Hyebie was immerse in her drinking and ignored the two clowns opposite her. She can't accept the fact that she had been so unlucky that day. She lost her promising job, her bicycle stolen, and worst of all, she was ditched. “Oi, oi, oi. You two clowns there..,” she grunted, not tolerating their noise, as they both stopped their game and turned to her. “Will you two just shut up?!” she shouted in a drunken stupor as she pointed to those two. Finished, she cried, she broke down. Hatake looked at her, quite uninterestedly, while Gai, who can't stand girls crying, went to console her.
 
He threw a peanut at her face. “Ahh, what's that for?” she groaned, sweeping away the peanut. “What's wrong?” he questioned. “I can't believe my luck today. It's so downright bad. First, I was fired, then my bicycle was stolen, but that's not all…,” she sobbed, taking a sip from her cup. “I…I was ditched!” she cried out, still suppressing her anger. This time, Hatake laughed, sarcastically. “Tsk, Kakashi, don't rub salt into her wound!” Gai reminded. “Well, at least you've met two handsome and outstanding guys!” Gai boasted, well, only for his part. Her sweat dropped. Silence.
 
Gai chuckled in embarrassment as he reached out for his mushroom like hair. “Hah, haha…hahahahaha..,” she laughed as if she was mad. Her face fell flat to the table after her guffaw, her hand sprawled over the table. Her freezing fingers met the light silvered, as she grabbed onto it. “Don't…don't leave me..,” she muttered in a drunken stupor. Hatake's eyes widened slightly, as he met her eyes. He felt a special feeling which he himself could not describe. “Geez, now what?” Gai intruded, somewhat jealous that she has gotten Hatake's hand instead of his.
 
Hatake tried to pull away from her grip, but it was futile, for it was tight, really tight. “I guess we have to sent her home then,” he sighed. “Hey, but…but, how?” Gai exclaimed, puzzled. “Then of course, such an important mission must be conducted by an important person,” Hatake said, shrinking his responsibility. Gai stared at Hatake, not quite getting his meaning. “Tsk, what I mean is, you take care of her,” he enlightened, as he tried to break free again. She opened her eyes slightly, as the two sturdy shoulders supported her.
 
“Ma…what stupid idea you have, Gai,” Hatake said, fidgeting. “Where's my drink?! I want to drink! Yay! Drink!” she murmured. “You're drunk, girl.” Hatake groaned, going back to his sensei mode. “No, I'm not drunk! I can still drink!” she cried out. “I guess I can't make her talk sense now. Why not bring her back to your home?” Gai suggested. “Hmm..,” he thought for long. “No.” was his prompt reply. “Why? Then how is she going to-” he was cut off. “Okay, okay. I can't stand your naggings. You take the hall, either or.” He shot out, as he fiddled with his keys. “I'm going to sleep, you take care of her!” Hatake gestured a `do-what-you-deem' sign at Gai, as he returned to his room.
(Flashback)
 
 
“Ahh. Die! How?!” she panicked as the post man handed her some letters. She briefly flipped through the letters, and saw one from her nanny. “Hey Mynri, why are you standing there like a dunce?” Tsailyn bawled, munching on some chips. “Want some?” she offered, thrusting the bag of chips forward to Mynri. “Nah,” she refused, as she settled down on the couch. “Oh, where did you get those? I don't remember having any chips at home,” she suddenly recalled. “Err, I…I got it from the neighbor, she's pretty friendly.” “Oh, you mean she'd pretty friendly as in very friendly or pretty?” she played around her words. “Oh whatever!” she brushed her down.
 
“Is that a letter from Aunty?” she bent down, peeking at the letters she had in hand. “Nosey parker. Go on the television.” She shooed her away. She chucked the other letters aside on the coffee table as she opened the letter from her nanny. “Ah haha! Why is he so stupid? Can't he see that's a trap?!” Tsailyn cried out, totally immersed in the program. She then scanned the paper she held.
 
“Ahh! Woohoo! Yay!” she exclaimed, jumping on the couch. “Ahh! Yay!” her friend chipped in. “Yay for what? Hush, you are disturbing my show.” “No…look!” she handed the paper to Tsailyn. “What's that? You've won a lucky draw?” she questioned, eyes still glued to the screen. She snatched the paper and she skimmed over the words. “Oh…oh, so does that mean…?” she startled, as she beamed. “Yes, yes! Yay! So we can party till night! Yipee! Woohoo!” she celebrated.
 
“So that means I need not furnish the fence so early, since she's returning a couple of weeks later!” she rejoiced. “Okay, hush. You are interrupting my show!” she retorted, as she opened a new packet of chips. She smirked, as she went up the stairs. “Good night!” she muttered to her friend. “Ahh…okay, hush, don't interrupt.”
 
 
Dear Yashi,
 
I'm over the moon today. You know why? That's because I'm free to do what I want! Okay, but not for long, only like, about one month. Zani is prolonging her stay at her hometown and would only return one month or so later.
Oh, did I tell you? Tsailyn's here. She would be staying for good, I think. But she better get a job to pay rent first. Heh. Yashi, I've made a new friend today! His name is Kyona. He's quite a nice guy, at least better than the act-cooler. Hmm, I don't know why, I feel as though I known him for a very long time. Maybe he has a special aura that is. Hah, I'm so happy. It's rare that I, Ranto Mynri, an un-interactive person, would get along with him. And I had only known him like, few hours ago only.
Okay, got to sleep now. There's still work tomorrow.
 
She capped her pen and closed the book after marking the page. She stole a glimpse out of her window, hoping to see Hatake there. But she did not. He tugged herself into the cozy arms of her quit as darkness befalls her.
 
 
Hope you are pleased with this chapter. I must admit, this chapter was done in quite a rush, so it ain't that good. Heh. I promise I'll make the next chapter a better one.((: